Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,848 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (127020 Views)

Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) / Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? / Websites of Nigerian Actors and Actresses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by vescucci(m): 8:16pm On Oct 20, 2008
Apparently I have never heard of Flawless. It's great she's still in the biz. Sorry, dearie, you getting worked up about Moore. I liked her too, just don't see much of her. I just remembered her in this Critchton's book made into film, I forget the name. She was fantastic. That appeases you miss?
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by Gamine(f): 8:36pm On Oct 20, 2008
Mildly.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by justkunmi(m): 11:54pm On Oct 20, 2008
mad_max
yeah Reese was in Cruel Intentions. . with Sarah Michelle Gellar. .
She played Anette. .the girl trying to keep her virginity until marriage. . remember??

Like I said before, i love those women not for acting reasons, , . just pure likeness. .
and the blond similarity,. . not intended. . grin
There are geniuses in the industry. . grin no doubt. .

And these, I love for acting reasons
Merly Streep
Whoopi Goldberg
Angela Bassett
Hilary Swank
Kiera Knightley
and most recently, Ellen Page . .her performance in [b]Juno [/b]was breathtaking. .
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by vescucci(m): 11:34am On Oct 21, 2008
Haba bros. You no like ANY MALE actor?
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by MadMax1(f): 8:24pm On Oct 21, 2008
@justkunmi
I remember. Vaguely. Oh my, I completely agree about Ellen Page in JUNO. Talk about PERFECT casting!

@Gamine
Is Flawless any good? I've never been a serious Moore fan. And you cant deny she's slowly but surely joining the league of fading magicians,along with the likes of John Malkovitch,at one time my favourite actor- did I have a crush on the guy or what? Val Kilmer (I watched The Saint so many times my mother had to confisticate the CD),and other actors that have been replaced by new A listers.

And yet there are actors whose careers seem to be above time, in some miracle preservative. Like Meryl Streep. I say Jack Nicholson, with some hesitation. His performance in The Departed was a bit overdone, like he was trying too hard to make evil the casual everyday business it is to him. But DiCaprio was a marvel, and was electrifying in every scene he appeared in. The genius of The Departed was the irreverent way he was dispatched,like an extra,like any other person in the movie. We might have invested emotionally in him, but that's life. Death makes no distinctions in real life, and Scorcese is saying, This isn't a movie, this is real life. No way DiCaprio isn't going to take home an Oscar one of these days. It's painful, watching he and Depp being denied year after year.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by Gamine(f): 1:34am On Oct 22, 2008
@MAx,

Errr,,,,,,,, undecided

i actually slept off during Flawless.

im not a moore fan either and the movie was well, lacklustre undecided

i still love me my Demi grin

is the thread about recent in-the-now stars? undecided

i admire her a lot, even if she may fall into has-been!

LOL. my sister said Meryl Streep cant ever lighten up, must she be so serious! grin

Val Kilmer, i crushed on him in SSS days, wow i couldnt get enoff

lol, your mum is funny o.

Leonard Dicrapio impressed me in The Departed

i wasnt watching the movie For Jackie anyways.

Loved them all. kiss
Loved the movie. smiley smiley
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by MadMax1(f): 6:41pm On Oct 22, 2008
Gamine:

@MAx,

i still love me my Demi grin

is the thread about recent in-the-now stars? undecided

smiley smiley

No vex jare. Rock on with Demi!
No mind my Mama. It was a while ago. She said the guy too dey feel fine boy. I said shebi he is divine. So what if he knows it? One morning she saw the thing playing for the hundredth time,screeched that she'd had it,and disappeared with it.

Just wasted an hour of my life watching Hancock. Didn't finish.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by Gamine(f): 1:09am On Oct 23, 2008
LOL. grin

I wasted some time watching MAd Money.

If not for my loff of Queen Latifah or

Diane Keaton's Quirky ways.,,,, i woulda!! angry tongue

I wish i could strangle that Katie Holmes,,,,,,,,,,,tsk tsk embarassed
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by Gamine(f): 5:07pm On Oct 27, 2008
Ok , i just watched Charlie Wilson's War

i remembered why i adored Tom Hanks, i just hate that his hairline is receding

And Julia Roberts looked horrible, i dare say cry
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by MadMax1(f): 12:29pm On Oct 28, 2008
Doesn't everybody? I fell forever in love with him in Forrest Gump. But that passion's long waned. Was Wilson's War good? Caught up in CSI (Las Vegas) on DVD.The first season was okay,but subsequent seasons are very good indeed,with greater depth to the characters. Took me a while to know who Hank's wife was. Someone said she appeared in Sleepless in Seattle as the wife of a friend,and that's when I 'got' her.

Saw GhostBusters on DVD and snapped it up. Picked up OMEN without looking too closely,sat down to have the hair scared off my scalp, and then saw it was some stupid remake! Asses! How can anyone even attempt to re-make that masterpiece? And why isn't Hanks doing any new movies? I haven't seen him in anything since the Da Vinci Code, which could've been so much better.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by Gamine(f): 1:28pm On Oct 28, 2008
Yeah grin, da gump.

Wilson's War is ok.

Da Vinci, havent seen it.

Ghostbusters!! yay, saw it some months back on DSTV, I & II, recorded it sef.

Omen oh my, i cant still bear to see it embarassed, LOL@remake
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by MadMax1(f): 12:59pm On Oct 29, 2008
The thing is scary o. As a rule I avoid horror movies like the plague,but when I saw The Omen I couldn't resist. I wanted to see if it would scare me still. Part 2 was the scariest for me. I put it on and there was Julia Stiles prancing about the screen! A frigging re-make! angry

Forres Gump is on my list of ALL-TIME favourite movies. Those are 20 movies I venerate and don't watch often,and then often as a reward to myself. FIGHT CLUB's there. As well as AMERICAN BEAUTY, AS GOOD AS IT GETS, HAPPY FEET and MOULIN ROUGE. Which are your favourites?
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by vescucci(m): 8:45pm On Oct 29, 2008
Errhh I'm gonna answer the question as if I was asked. I've never really thought about this, the list might be subject to amendment. I'll go for 20 and they are not in order.

LOTR
Snatch
The Ladykillers
Sin City
That Girl (it's an oldie)
Little Princess; this film made me cry (more like wail) like a baby
Finding Nemo
E. T.
Bram Stoker's Dracula
The Omen (this one admitted me in my parent's room in those days)
Memento
The Prestige
The Godfather (must be on everyone's list)
The Dictator (I'm not very sure about this title, but Chaplin was in it. Another oldie)
Armageddon
Finding Forrester

Gaskiya, I've run out of steam, I'll be sure to make corrections later as some come back to me. It's funny cuz I just saw Happy Feet and 'let me tell something to you' it was fun but with food for thought.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by Gamine(f): 11:43am On Oct 30, 2008
rotflmao @ Julia Stiles,

My Favorites,

ah well. i will steal a bit from you guys tongue

The Godfather, for sure

Forrest Gump

Lion King

Aladdin

Look Who's talking

E.T

Saving Private Ryan, and it took me a while to watch

LOTR

Jurassic park

Happy Feet

Chronicles of Narnia

Flushed away

Men in Black

The sound of music

The Craft

Jaws

Pirates of the Carib

Fun with Dick and Jane

The Departed

Home Alone

Police Academy

Ghostbusters

Lots more,,,,,,,,,,,,,, grin grin

wow i think its more than 20 ooh

Mad Max, did you get your name from the movie?
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by MadMax1(f): 8:21pm On Oct 30, 2008
Nope. I only knew there was a movie called Mad Max a few weeks ago, while going through bios of some of my favourite directors,George Miller, Tarantino, Baz Lurhmann,etc, and spotted it amongst Miller's movies. I was amazed,read up on the movie,instantly recalled the Tina Turner soundtrack,Beyond the Thunderdome, and was amazed some more. I love George Miller, for Babe and Happy Feet. His movies are like modern parables with simple themes,but with serious messages hidden within.  Baz Lurhmann I would abandon Watanabe for and run away with if he asked me. He's a genius. Heyyy.We have Forrest, Happy Feet,LOTR and  The Sound of Music in common. Fun With Privates and Jane? cheesy

@Vesc
LOTR is on my list. Sin City is visually arresting,raw,visceral,stunning. All the characters took my breath away (except Jessica Alba). Elijah Wood was chilling. Unforgettable. Haven't seen it again since. It's just one of those movies you must not watch often. Finding Nemo is simply flawless. The Omen is on your list of favourite movies? shocked I fear you o. Did you see all three instalments?Isn't it just one of the most demonically harrowing movies ever?

Snatch. grin Frigging hilarious.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by Gamine(f): 12:20pm On Oct 31, 2008
Fun with privates and Jane

mehn, Seun wont kill somebody.

its Di--Ck.

Sin City, funny i can't remember Jessica Alba's part, that girl dosnt impress me in any movie

i like her as a human being sha. Loved the movie tho.

Finding Nemo, well i cried, but i don't think i can watch it again undecided
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by Seun(m): 12:26pm On Oct 31, 2008
People keep saying they cried when they watched Finding Nemo,
but I watched it and I can't understand why.
It was just a sweet cartoon to me, unlike "The Pursuit Of Happyness"
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by spikedcylinder: 12:57pm On Oct 31, 2008
You cried when you saw "pursuit of happyness"?

My imagination! cheesy
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by Gamine(f): 1:26pm On Oct 31, 2008
That Seun can cry

or

The Pursuit of Happyness can make someone cry undecided undecided undecided
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by spikedcylinder: 1:49pm On Oct 31, 2008
That Seun can cry. undecided undecided undecided

@ topic

Why do people dislike Nicole Kidman like that sef? I think she's an ok actress o. I liked her in Birthday Girl. smiley
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by Gamine(f): 1:54pm On Oct 31, 2008
Nicole is alryt.

and like you said, shes just OK

you see nothing intense about her

always seems to be floating in an ethereal. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by spikedcylinder: 2:05pm On Oct 31, 2008
Tell that to iice! cheesy

I think people under estimating her has a lot to do with her looks- her babyish face and her fair skin and hair. She looks like a ghost!

That being said, I sincerely think she deserved the Oscar for The Hours. She did well.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by MadMax1(f): 3:31pm On Oct 31, 2008
Nicole Kidman is just OK? You've seen her in Dogville or The Hours or The Others,haven't you? I don't know what she did in COLD MOUNTAIN, I oogled Jude Law throughout. He was everything a leading man should be:arresting and anguished and enigmatic and delicious. Kidman is an excellent actress o. But for the decade or so she was married to Cruise the silly twit shoved her career in the background while Cruise grinningly prospered.   

Gamine, you cried at Finding Nemo? What's to cry over? The two of them were re-united,weren't they?
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by iice(f): 3:45pm On Oct 31, 2008
Boring actress
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by vescucci(m): 3:54pm On Oct 31, 2008
Is Gamine a closet cry baby? Finding Nemo was cool and I couldn't cry over that if I was traumatised!

And, uh, Seun can cry of course, the question is "will Seun cry?"
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by Gamine(f): 8:08pm On Oct 31, 2008
lol.

Well, i cry, not that i plan it, the tears roll down. cry grin

Nicole Kidman,

Well, its easy to overlook her because of her features

i can understand when iice says shes boring,

She doesnt have the Intensity i personally like

but i admit she is a good actress.

Mad Max, are you ok now?? grin
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by skype5: 8:11pm On Oct 31, 2008
eddie murphy grin
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by Olumitide(m): 3:44pm On Nov 01, 2008
Angelina and Willis!
Willis and Angelina!
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by MadMax1(f): 4:02pm On Nov 01, 2008
Don't mind iice. It's cos she couldn't have Ken tongue
Working and watching Linkin Park and Coldplay videos. Have no idea what movie to watch this weekend. Perhaps a musical.Hairspray,maybe.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by iice(f): 5:55pm On Nov 01, 2008
I think she's just ok. She doesn't stand out to me not in her acting or looks wise. Very bland, too blehh.

Renee Zellweger irritates me but i'll admit she's quite captivating on screen.

Max, i conceded na tongue You can have ken. Am sticking to Depp till eternity do us part grin

Ok i totally forgot to mention Alan Rickman. There is just something about the way he speaks it can have a monotonous sound (redundant i know but am bush) to it yet it's distinctive but his ability to inflect it with emotion or without is trippy.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by Gamine(f): 7:00pm On Nov 01, 2008
Alan Rickman. lipsrsealed tongue

I agree with you on Renee though.

@Mad max,

Watch Hairspray, not bad if you can stand the sight of Travolta lipsrsealed

@Topic,

Will Smith, he is not the best but i loff him!!! grin
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by MadMax1(f): 7:03pm On Nov 01, 2008
@iice
I know!Oh my! The guy has absolutely the sexiest voice on planet earth! This dark, intoxicating drawl.
Leave Nicole Kidman alone tongue
Zellwegger I raised a brow at while watching one of her interviews. She was promoting some movie,I forget which.I totally loved her in Bridget Jones Diary (first instalment) and wondered what was now wrong with her. She kept hiding her face in the couch and letting loose annoying bursts of silly, high-pitched laughter and talking like some 2 year old's doll.Still like her movies though. All except Me,Myself and Irene,which wasn't funny.

@Gamine
Time was when Will Smith pulled me to his movies like a magnet. Men in Black! Bad Boys!Hitch! And he gave the performance of his career in The Pursuit of Happyness. He blew me away. But the guy's appearing in nonsense movies these days. One more movie like Hancock and I'll stop watching anything of his. Tell him o.
What's wrong with Travolta?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100)

Photos: Meet Big Brother Nigeria 2017 Housemates / What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 / Bbtitans: Ipeleng And Lukay Have Sex In The House (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.