Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,784 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip - TV/Movies (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (127059 Views)

Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) / Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? / Websites of Nigerian Actors and Actresses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by KarmaMod(f): 3:45am On Dec 09, 2008
Mad_Max:

Oh.
Ah.
Ew.
Knocked Up and 40-year old virgin I've seen, ane they aren't my kind of comedy. Too vulgar. I don't mind vulgarity if the movie's really funny, like Scary Movie 1, but those aren't all that funny.

Ditto. Cant stand his movies.

Clerks is kinda vulgar but bloody hilarious. Knocked Up/SuperBad, all that crap is for dorks.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by iice(f): 4:22pm On Dec 09, 2008
Mad_Max:

Oh.
Ah.
Ew.
Knocked Up and 40-year old virgin I've seen, ane they aren't my kind of comedy. Too vulgar. I don't mind vulgarity if the movie's really funny, like Scary Movie 1, but those aren't all that funny.
Kung-fu Hustle 2? undecided He's madly talented. He doesn't need to get on the part 2,part 3 bandwagon until he bores people to death. Though I can't imagine that guy boring anyone. A comic genius, really. cheesy

I thought 40yr virgin sucked mostly because i don't find Steve Carrell funny. I find him annoying. So i thought knocked up can't be that bad. Wrong! It was crappy so i didn't bother with Superbad, same as i didn't bother with Pineapple Express even though i like James Franco.

Any words on Liev Schreiber? For some reason i always envision him as one agent in the Ludlum books undecided
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by MadMax1(f): 5:17pm On Dec 09, 2008
@olumide
The best thing about Tropic Thunder is the fake trailer featuring Robert Downey Jr and Tobey Maguire. Ben Stiller is hit or miss: he was hilarious in Zoolander, Duplex was a looooong yawn.

@Karma
What's Clerks about? I haven't heard about it. I love a good comedy. Who made it?

@iice
I didn't know Liev still made movies. I liked him but don't see much of him anymore. Except for that silly attempt with Julia Stiles at an OMEN remake. angry No one can touch that classic.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by iice(f): 5:36pm On Dec 09, 2008
You thought duplex was a yawwwn?  You should see Heartbreak kid, that one makes Duplex look good.

Yeah he still does.  He was in the remake of Manchurian Candidate, Lackawanna Blues.  He was even on CSI: Las Vegas
He's in the new X-men Origins: Wolverine.  He plays Sabretooth.
hmmmm.  .  .but i am still waiting for him to play an agent, some cloak and dagger stuff.

I think Julia Disappeared.  I haven't seen her in anything for a while now.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by MadMax1(f): 5:56pm On Dec 09, 2008
Julia who?
Kidding.
Mebbe she's semi-retired or something. There aren't that many movies made just for her anymore. You know,stuff she fits in perfectly,things Pretty Womanish or My Best Friend's Weddingish. Maybe that's why she was in Closer and Confessions of a Dangerous Mind, to break the America's comedy sweetheart rut.

Manchurian Candidate isn't a recent movie na. Lat time I saw him he was in some time-travel romance thingie with Meg Ryan and Hugh Jackman. I didn't see Liev in CSI Las Vegas, and I'm a devoted fan of that deliciously gory spectacle. But I just started Season 7 on DVD,so mebbe he'll turn up later. I hope you don't mean he featured in ONE episode o!
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by iice(f): 6:00pm On Dec 09, 2008
Love in the Time of Cholera? I haven't seen it yet. No wait, that's i think hmmm what's his face? Forgotten his name undecided But i know he's in this Cholera movie.

I saw him only once, but then again, i don't follow CSI episode by episode undecided i jumble them. He was i think in 3 or so episodes.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by KarmaMod(f): 1:14am On Dec 10, 2008
Mad_Max:

@olumide
The best thing about Tropic Thunder is the fake trailer featuring Robert Downey Jr and Tobey Maguire. Ben Stiller is hit or miss: he was hilarious in Zoolander, Duplex was a looooong yawn.

@Karma
What's Clerks about? I haven't heard about it. I love a good comedy. Who made it?
`

I liked Tropic Thunder for the most part. lol, the best fake trailer was Robert Downy's own as a priest. His eyes were freaking creepy.

Clerks is by Kevin Smith. The only one of his movies that I can still watch and laugh really hard. The dialogue is ridiculously amusing. It's about friends that work at a convience store. Get it :p

Hey did you find Curse Of the Golden Flower b.t.w?
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by chika98: 4:51am On Dec 10, 2008
Love in time of cholera was a HUGE disappointment for me. I thought it would be very nice but it wasn't
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by vescucci(m): 5:14pm On Dec 10, 2008
Hiya peeps!
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by MadMax1(f): 5:55pm On Dec 10, 2008
@Vesc
Hiya back! How was vacation? Lemme see your tan.

No,Karma,I haven't seen Curse yet. I will tho.
Isn't Love in time of Cholera a novel by a nobel-prize winner? Had no idea it's been made into a movie, and a not-so-good one (?) at that.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by vescucci(m): 6:18pm On Dec 10, 2008
Ain't exactly back yet, just signaling my existence!
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by KarmaMod(f): 6:07pm On Dec 11, 2008
hey Max did you like The Prestige?
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by MadMax1(f): 6:36pm On Dec 11, 2008
Sort of. I love Hugh Jackman and Bale and will watch anything either appears in. But I dimly recall I wasn't happy with the ending.I was rooting for Jackman. Good movie though. Why?
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by spikedcylinder: 10:32am On Dec 12, 2008
Are we still talking about actors/actresses or its strictly movies now?
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by Deshannel(m): 10:34am On Dec 12, 2008
whats going on here
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by KarmaMod(f): 6:27pm On Dec 12, 2008
Mad_Max:

Sort of. I love Hugh Jackman and Bale and will watch anything either appears in. But I dimly recall I wasn't happy with the ending.I was rooting for Jackman. Good movie though. Why? 

lol was going to make you watch it if you hadnt.

I loved it. I was rooting for Jackman too til he took Bale's daughter.

Movie proved that Nolan is an excellent director.  He got Batman but unlike other he didnt just make himself ABOUT the whole batman franchise

cant wait for his next movie
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by vescucci(m): 12:03pm On Dec 15, 2008
Ooh yeah. The prestige is my second third most favorite Nolan movie next to TDK and Memento. I don't know why you chics are being sentimental about Hugh's character though. Sure, he got a bad deal but it wasn't Bale's fault. Granted Hugh was a better magician but he also had great funding, a wise mentor/assistant and more fame. He was self-centered and too proud. But in the end, sha, they both got what was coming to them. Lovely films.

P. S. I forget characters names shortly after every movie, sorry. grin
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by KarmaMod(f): 3:55pm On Dec 15, 2008
vescucci:

Ooh yeah. The prestige is my second third most favorite Nolan movie next to TDK and Memento. I don't know why you chics are being sentimental about Hugh's character though. Sure, he got a bad deal but it wasn't Bale's fault. Granted Hugh was a better magician but he also had great funding, a wise mentor/assistant and more fame. He was self-centered and too proud. But in the end, sha, they both got what was coming to them. Lovely films.

P. S. I forget characters names shortly after every movie, sorry. grin

Maybe because there never would have been rivalry between the two if Bale didnt kill Jakman's wife with his ridiculous knots.

That's what caused the whole thing
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by vescucci(m): 11:31am On Dec 16, 2008
Yeah, I guess you're right. I totally forgot about the drowning. But you gotta admit that at some point, Jackman wasn't driven by revenge any longer but by a blind desire to better the other dude who unknowingly to him he'd already bettered. The Bale twins were using a cheap trick. But you're still right. They both had it coming. Bale started it.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by MadMax1(f): 12:28pm On Dec 16, 2008
@Spiked
Both, it seems. Where ya been?

Vesc, real nice. You FORGOT about the drowning. Agree with you. But I was still rooting for Jackman. Could be his looks. I don't know. I lika di guy.

Saw Armageddon yesterday. I'd forgotten how much I liked that movie!
OMG. Buscemi is the insanest guy in the universe.
"A busted ship? I had a great spot picked out there!"
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by vescucci(m): 12:51pm On Dec 16, 2008
Armageddon was sublime. Even now. Have you seen Nam Angels? It's a war film since I was a kid. I just wanted show the semblance. Picking low-lifes to become literally super-heros/matyrs. Thank God that thing didn't spoil it with his unbelievable appaling lack of talent. iice will know who I mean. He was so bad, Willis didn't have to act when he was chasing him with a shotgun. lipsrsealed
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by MadMax1(f): 1:03pm On Dec 16, 2008
Was reminded why it's in my Top Twenty. I was wondering why, and now I remember!
Terrific movie.
LOL! Affleck? I thought he was well cast. He and Willis had great chemistry. Admit it,Vesc. That Buscemi, my number one nominee for the Hollywood Hall of Crazies. "Hey Sharp! No nukes! No nukes! No nukes!"
It was great to see Willis again. I haven't seen a lot of him lately. I tried to watch Perfect Starnger cause he was on the billing, but that ashawo Halle Berry scared me off with her horrible acting before he made an appearance.
No I haven't seen Nam Angels. I don't remember. It sounds familiar.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by vescucci(m): 1:21pm On Dec 16, 2008
Hehe, Halle Berry. You sound like a graphic Sisi_Jinx. Hollywood needs to purge itself of some so called bankable stars. It's bad for the arts. We need more Day Lewises and Emma Thompsons and Phillip Seymours (This guy has to be the one guy I grew with. He transformed into a beautiful thing to behold. He deserves more props than he's getting. Nevermind the oscar)
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by MadMax1(f): 1:26pm On Dec 16, 2008
I agree about Symour. Great actor. When you've talent,sooner or later the accolades and the recognition will come. He deserves more? Um, er, he's got an Oscar, Vesc. What more dya want?
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by spikedcylinder: 1:32pm On Dec 16, 2008
Mad_Max:

@Spiked
Both, it seems. Where ya been?
Up and about jare. smiley

I got lost at some point but I might as well just delve in. wink

vescucci:

Hehe, Halle Berry. You sound like a graphic Sisi_Jinx. Hollywood needs to purge itself of some so called bankable stars. It's bad for the arts. We need more Day Lewises and Emma Thompsons and Phillip Seymours (This guy has to be the one guy I grew with. He transformed into a beautiful thing to behold. He deserves more props than he's getting. Nevermind the oscar)

Was Daniel Day in any movie this year?

Seymour? Err, I don't know but the first movie I saw him in was When A Man Loves A Woman, and since then, he hasn't made quite an impression with me. Maybe its his looks I can't get past. tongue
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by MadMax1(f): 1:52pm On Dec 16, 2008
I first saw him in a Ben Stiller movie, Along Came Polly, or something, as Stiller's disgraceful buddy. Then later in The Talented Mr Ripley. He's gotten really,really good.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by vescucci(m): 1:54pm On Dec 16, 2008
Day Lewis was in There Will Be Blood. About Philip, if you notice my proclivities, you'd see that I like the more mature male actors. I don't dig fine boy actor with little talent. Cruise is not in this category, mind. People like Casey Affleck, Buscemi et al made it on account of their talents. Ben Afflect doesn't have talent and as a guy he's just ok looking to me.

But make we talk true. Seymour is far from fine. He's not even fine from far.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by MadMax1(f): 1:59pm On Dec 16, 2008
Vesc, they can't all be fine!
How come you're noticing his looks sef? Your proclivities,eh? How about your latencies? grin
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by vescucci(m): 2:05pm On Dec 16, 2008
Stop pushing my buttons, ma'am!
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by spikedcylinder: 2:14pm On Dec 16, 2008
vescucci:

Day Lewis was in There Will Be Blood. About Philip, if you notice my proclivities, you'd see that I like the more mature male actors. I don't dig fine boy actor with little talent. Cruise is not in this category, mind. People like Casey Affleck, Buscemi et al made it on account of their talents. Ben Afflect doesn't have talent and as a guy he's just ok looking to me.

But make we talk true. Seymour is far from fine. He's not even fine from far.

No o! There Will Be Blood is a 2007 movie (Isn't that what he won the last best actor's oscar for?) I like Daniel Day though, he seems to command a lot of respect and instead of him working round movie scripts/directors/producers et all, they work round him. Noticed the way he goes into hiding and no one hears about him for one or two years and then just as people are about to forget him , he comes back with a big bang and starts to cause a stir. Before There Will Be Blood, the last time he acted in a movie was in 2005, then 2002 then 1997!  cheesy cheesy

Seymour looks like an albino. Call me shallow but I can't seem to "stick" with him. Yea, max, he was in Along Came Polly.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by iice(f): 2:19pm On Dec 16, 2008
Danny Day makes movies every 4-5 years. It takes him long to 'shed' the character of the last movie he makes. However he has a new movie next year i think. He is a master of his art.

Stop with the Ben Affleck already! angry grin Rubbish actor cheesy
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by spikedcylinder: 2:28pm On Dec 16, 2008
Mad_Max:

Vesc, they can't all be fine!
How come you're noticing his looks sef? Your proclivities,eh? How about your latenciesgrin

But it wouldn't hurt them (or my eyes) if they are. wink cheesy

iice:

Danny Day makes movies every 4-5 years.  It takes him long to 'shed' the character of the last movie he makes.  However he has a new movie next year i think.  He is a master of his art.

Stop with the Ben Affleck already! angry grin Rubbish actor cheesy

He is quite something isn't he? And he's quite good at playing both the hero and the villain, He was just plain mad in Gangs of New York!!!! grin

Ahn Ahn. Don't brush off Ben Affleck like that, his role in Gigli was oscar worthy. grin

*sarcasm ends*

tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (100)

Photos: Meet Big Brother Nigeria 2017 Housemates / What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 / Khalifa Vanithel: Big Brother Cameroon Winner And Her Prize (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.