Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,435 members, 7,823,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

I'm Tired Of Being Single - Dating And Meet-up Zone (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / I'm Tired Of Being Single (5491 Views)

Please Help!! I'm Tired Of Been Single. / I Need A Sugar Mummy,i'm Tired Of Girlfriends / I'm Tired Of Being Single Plzzz! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Tired Of Being Single by Nobody: 5:06am On Sep 15, 2005
have i ever asked a guy out - HELLLLLLLL NO LMAOOOO

yeah guys have asked me out n stuff but usually theyre not my type undecided
Re: I'm Tired Of Being Single by WesleyanA(f): 5:08am On Sep 15, 2005
yeah same here most aren't my type but some are but it usually doesn't last long. i really don't care much about boys. let them rot in hell. (ouch. that was harsh) cheesy

1 question for you. are you picky?
Re: I'm Tired Of Being Single by Nobody: 5:11am On Sep 15, 2005
yeah im very picky esp. in food embarassed
Re: I'm Tired Of Being Single by WesleyanA(f): 5:13am On Sep 15, 2005
probably that's why. learn to be less picky. my friend is picky too. "he has to be spanish,smart, not gangsta,short or average (she's quite short), not too loud, no braids, formal" i mean, how many spanish guys of nowadays fit in that category?.
Re: I'm Tired Of Being Single by hotangel2(f): 5:14am On Sep 15, 2005
I am extremely sure i didnt ask you if you've asked a guy out. But anyways it's all good.

Here we go again with "he's not my type line". it must take all the guys in Chicago to be "Not your type" so as to not allow you find one of them that "is your type". So you mean like.. let me approximate... You are 17, at least 16 boys should have asked you out.. and all OF them arent your type? I guess this has nothing to do with the guys, and that's a good news. Cos it means the guys arent the problem. It's now left for you to figure out why most guys arent your type? Do u want to date a robot? The "not my type" thingy isn't suppose to be a strong determination of teenage dating. It will take you ermm, ages to find your Purrrfect match. You can find the "soon be close to my perfect match". But you wont find the perfect one.

Be a lil set free (don't strike too much relationship rules now). I beg you, don't be waiting for a prince charming.... It just doesnt happen like that. You have to have an open mind. smiley
Re: I'm Tired Of Being Single by WesleyanA(f): 5:18am On Sep 15, 2005
i'm waiting for a prince charming. . . .  it's been quite a long time i've found one. i'm not going to date a frog  lipsrsealed.. .

"not my type" thing should be there because you don't want to go into a relationship and end up breaking up in like 3 weeks.
probably except you're in urgent need of a date to go to the prom with you. (one senior went with her cousin ....he's hot by the way).. . i for one don't like really loud bad guys but they're everywhere and i can't stand it.
Re: I'm Tired Of Being Single by Nobody: 5:20am On Sep 15, 2005
LOOL BUT HES NOT MY TYPE SO I JUST TELL EM NAH WE CAN BE FRIENDS

N THEN SOMETIMES WHEN HE IS MY TYPE I COULDNT DATE THEN N I DIDNT WANNA GO BEHIND MY PARENTS BACK.
Re: I'm Tired Of Being Single by WesleyanA(f): 5:24am On Sep 15, 2005
i know right? that guilty feeling.
Re: I'm Tired Of Being Single by Nobody: 5:26am On Sep 15, 2005
LOL YEAH I KNOW N THE FACT THAT MY MOM TRUSTS ME ALOT SO I DIDNT WANNA BREAK THAT.
Re: I'm Tired Of Being Single by Nobody: 5:26am On Sep 15, 2005
I CANT LOG ON TO THE CHAT IT KEEPS GIVIN ME THIS RETARDED MESSAGE LMAO
Re: I'm Tired Of Being Single by WesleyanA(f): 5:29am On Sep 15, 2005
gosh. no wonder all your posts were in CAPS. lol.
it doesn't work for a lot of people too. i used it once and it worked. i haven't tried to get on it again after that.
Re: I'm Tired Of Being Single by hotangel2(f): 5:30am On Sep 15, 2005
WesleyanA:

i'm waiting for a prince charming. . . . it's been quite a long time i've found one. i'm not going to date a frog lipsrsealed.. .
Let me know when you find him. This is'nt searching for a future husband. She said she doesnt want a serious relationship. I really don't see anything reasonable in being with the same guy for 3 months or longer when you know you wont marry him. When you are ready for marriage and serious relationships, you can start dating for 1000 years if you like.

"not my type" thing should be there because you don't want to go into a relationship and end up breaking up in like 3 weeks.
Uh uh.. I don't know why, but that makes me laugh. Like i know you should like the person you are going out with, i know you should have feelings for the guy, but what i don't know is the rule of "i don't want the relationship to break within 3 weeks". Did he assure you he'd be your husband? ha! Dont' be too picky, being too picky is the opposite to Pride, Pride always cause downfall. I ain't saying you shouldn't have standards, but your standard shouldn't be some strong rockish type of standard. You can date for 3 days if you like. No matter what happens, the guy goes in "guy's i've dated list". wink cheesy Whatever happened to the slogan "it's a free world"?.

K2DaC:

LOOL BUT HES NOT MY TYPE SO I JUST TELL EM NAH WE CAN BE FRIENDS
N THEN SOMETIMES WHEN HE IS MY TYPE I COULDNT DATE THEN N I DIDNT WANNA GO BEHIND MY PARENTS BACK.

Ha! That's my point. No one can be your type. They can only be close to your type. Your type would have to be a man you'll make with your hands... and i bet you with my black ass, that aint possible. Besides you aint looking for a serious relationship. So what's the fuss. When u see a guy you like and you could see yourself dating him for like 1 month and half. Ask him out. He won't bite you. If you need tips on how to handle rejection, ask me. It's not worth crying over.. just tell him, okay if he isn't interested and swear for him (in front of him, or behind him).

I totally respect the way you don't want to date behind your parents. I love it! It's good to be a respectful child. But now that you have the pass, i see no reason as to why you shouldn't date the guy that's "not your type", but you know is "close to your type".

I need orange juice.
Re: I'm Tired Of Being Single by Nobody: 5:33am On Sep 15, 2005
I just felt like typin in caps lool ; do u guys have yahoo? the chat is messed up cheesy n yea I'm a good girl rolleyes i can be bad when i want to be so does everyone lool **HAND YOU SOME ORANGE JUICE** there u go wink

IM me im bored no1's online

kc2awesome
Re: I'm Tired Of Being Single by WesleyanA(f): 5:37am On Sep 15, 2005
i didn't mean  "serious relationship" as 100 years. a year is more like it. that'll be cool.

i still don't want to get in a relationship that's going to end in 3 weeks. what's the point of starting the relationship? it just mean that you don't like the guy and you're going out with him for the sake of having a boyfriend. i'll rather not have any than have a jerk. and i can't go out with a guy i don't like. that's not pride. girls should look for guys they feel comfortable with.
Re: I'm Tired Of Being Single by hotangel2(f): 5:45am On Sep 15, 2005
Ohh *sips orange juice*.

The 100 years was just an exageration, expression that is.

You can start a relationship because you like the guy/girl.. but as you get in the relationship, you start noticing some behaviors you didnt notice while you weren't officialy the person's boyfriend/girlfriend.. and that my sister, is enough for you to boot out the relationship. You don't want to be in a relationship that gives you headache. And that's why it's okay to break up with a guy even 3 days after being his girlfriend.

Ha! Jerk you call him. What if he was just acting all nice while you werent his girlfriend, but when you got in the relationship and you are like already committed to him and he starts behaving like a slowpoke.. Please don't tell me you'll try and sort things out. Remeber you aint MARRIED! And he isn't your fiance(e). You are telling me you wont dump him because you want to go by the "one year relationship B.S?". Girl please.

I know that girls should look for guys they feel comfortable with. of course they should, and when they do... they should get in the relationship. But when they are feeling uncomfortable they should Back off and break up, instead of saying they want to be in it for 1 year.

How would u date a guy if you don't like him?? That's a relationship no no. Or else of course, you are looking for a once night stand.

This is based on the Non-serious relationship k2daC wants. I don't think she should get in a committed relatinship now. Gurl... you aint gon feel good, when they guy you feel "he's my prince charming", turns out to be your "prince annoying". Don't for any reason tell a guy or make a guy feel "i can't live without you". It makes them blow up like baloon!

Note: This doesnt apply to those that have found "one". I dont want nobody saying, "i have been with my bf/gf for the past 5 years and blah blah and blah".
Re: I'm Tired Of Being Single by WesleyanA(f): 5:51am On Sep 15, 2005
you should be a relationship councelor hota.

that's why you should never go out with a crush. you won't like him anymore after a week or so trust me (there are exceptions though).
Re: I'm Tired Of Being Single by hotangel2(f): 5:55am On Sep 15, 2005
A relationship councellor eh?? Nuh uh!

I always have to go out with my crush, and when i dont achieve my aim. I hate him! I will hate so much that i'll wish him death. It just makes me mad.. ! But then, i'll get over it. Just a few guys has escaped that though. I normally tell my crushes i like them, and once that's done, we see like 3 movies together, do the whole B.S together (come back here... I aint talking about sex) and it's over.
Re: I'm Tired Of Being Single by WesleyanA(f): 5:56am On Sep 15, 2005
G-d. . . . your're cruel. cheesy
Re: I'm Tired Of Being Single by hotangel2(f): 6:36am On Sep 15, 2005
I knew wat cruel meant, but i had to check the dictionary to be sure. It meant: Causing suffering; painful to someone/something.

I didn't cause no pain to no one. You just do what you have to do. If i cant stand you, you move, if you cant stand me, Push me away. 50-50 God no vex. Relationship is not by force. talking abt crushes... I aint cruel to them. I liked them, i wanted them to be mine, they were mine, and the dislike toook over, and that's it. It happens to everyone.. so i guess we r all cruel.
Re: I'm Tired Of Being Single by layi(m): 11:31am On Sep 15, 2005
A guy has to interrupt.

Relationships are like rollacoaster rides. It could be pleasurable but without control-it could be disastrous.
I guess its not the issue of age. It really has to do wit maturity
17 yr olds are still older than themselves (upstairs).
If u are not matured enough for a relationship..just chill before u wreck yourself.

HotA is 'lucky' she's been able to handle the guyz well at her age (..deduced from her posts) but not every girl is that lucky. I'll advise you roll out with older girls and learn rather than experimentin with guyz.
Also note that you are still an adolescent and thus you hav that cravin...mad passion for a hookup. We all have it but girl obsession is dangerous.

Wait for how long? Hello! U r just 17.U got a whole life ahead of u. take your time. Make friends with guyz and preserve yourself for the best.
Ur happiness in future matters more than momentary pleasures.
Re: I'm Tired Of Being Single by DEKING3(m): 12:15pm On Sep 15, 2005
Layi's got very good points. Learn from other poeple's experience coz like I'll always say, "Experience, they say, 'is the best teacher', but experience is also a hard teacher" Learning from other people's experience is far better.

layi:

Make friends with guyz and preserve yourself for the best.

I recommend that. You might enjoy a closer friendly relationship at this age compared to playing games.
Re: I'm Tired Of Being Single by hipcaramel(f): 9:34am On Sep 16, 2005
i feel u
Re: I'm Tired Of Being Single by uchetobi(f): 12:07pm On Sep 16, 2005
Just chill. the right one will always come along. Dont rush into it though so u dont end up regreting
Hipcaramel dont worry i dint start dating till i was 1almost 18. it feels gd when u r with d right person believe me there are to many wrong ones looking for hit and run
k2dac you are just 17 time is on your side. have fun, make friends.Go for dinner, lunch and the like.
Re: I'm Tired Of Being Single by hipcaramel(f): 6:44pm On Sep 17, 2005
patience is an important virtue.
Re: I'm Tired Of Being Single by cushman(m): 6:55pm On Sep 17, 2005
hipcaramel, may i suggest u being a little more patient...there are many chics like you out there...
Re: I'm Tired Of Being Single by hipcaramel(f): 7:19pm On Sep 17, 2005
work on yourself and everything else will fall into place at the right time.
Re: I'm Tired Of Being Single by goodguy(m): 7:39pm On Sep 17, 2005
I was just wondering. . . is getting into a relationship really that necessary undecided. (I don't mean marriage oooo)
Re: I'm Tired Of Being Single by cushman(m): 7:43pm On Sep 17, 2005
It is...o! For chics though
Re: I'm Tired Of Being Single by goodguy(m): 8:17pm On Sep 17, 2005
Chicks and their love love wahala sha! Anyway, that's why they are called chicks grin

To hipcaramel:

Women are like apple trees. The best ones are at the top of the tree. Most men don't want to reach for the good ones because they are afraid of falling and getting hurt. Instead, they just take the rotten apples from the ground (easy to pick). The apples at the top think there's something is wrong with them, when in reality, they are amazing. They just have to wait for the right man to come along, the one who's brave enough to climb all the way up to the tree.

wink
Re: I'm Tired Of Being Single by bijorium(m): 9:20pm On Sep 17, 2005
Pretty interesting thread. I see absolutely nothing wrong with being single at 17 or 21. I clocked 24 a few days ago. And, at the last time I checked I was single grin. I feel pretty normal. And by the way, a sound relationship with God should get your mind off of your marital status. @ least until the right person walks in through the door.
I think you are an individual whho is capable of being loved as well as loving someone. Take your time dear. wink There's no rush to these things
Re: I'm Tired Of Being Single by goodguy(m): 9:50pm On Sep 17, 2005
Well said bijorium, well said. wink
Re: I'm Tired Of Being Single by Gaanihu(m): 11:21am On Sep 18, 2005
You are still a kid and i think that you have have got to be matured first b/4 thinking about this blablabla.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lonely And Bored / Female Doctors And Lawyers Ready For Marriage / Sex Life In Naija

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.