Stats: 3,154,006 members, 7,821,526 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm (21305 Views)

Nigerian Immigration Service Deports Dan Foster, Top Radio Presenter / 96.9 Cool FM Or Rhythm 93.7 FM: Which Is The Best? / Abuja Radio Stations: 98.3 Hot FM vs. 96.9 Cool FM? (2) (3) (4)

Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by jydewalker(m): 9:57am On Sep 24, 2008
Can some1 give me the frequency of Inspiration FM. I believe they wl be really Inspirational.

mail me @ jydewalker@yahoo.com
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by alexbragga(m): 11:25am On Sep 24, 2008
Na wa o,  i guess like for everyone its just time to move on,  cry cry cry cry cry
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by bgees(m): 12:44pm On Sep 24, 2008
Cool fm has been kind of boring these days,especially in d morning.
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by jbkomo(m): 3:36pm On Sep 24, 2008
For some of us that love Dan, very soon we will hear his voice on the Nigeria air waves. The guy according to a reliable source is going to Inspiration FM. Don't forget big boys from both Rhythm and STV are already on their way to the station. I learnt the station belongs to a Bank owner(Name withheld)
As time goes on, we will hear the full gist and what this guy is up to.
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by Mustay(m): 4:47pm On Sep 24, 2008
jbkomo:
I learnt the station belongs to a Bank owner(Erastus Akingbola)

Media organisations in Nigeria do not really have 'enticing' welfare packages. I think inspiration will be the highest paid employer in the industry.
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by onyxgirl(f): 4:51pm On Sep 24, 2008
yeah we ll all miss d old guy cry
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by CGKing(m): 10:51pm On Sep 24, 2008
No! this is not good news. Some Nigerians dont just know how things work.
CoolFM should know that Foster is a brand and they would have done everything
and anything to keep that guy.

Nothing, noone, nothing can ever replace this loss. Nothing! It is like changing
the guy acting Peter Parker -in the next releases of Spider Man . It wont be acceptable. not even
in 20years. Na wa O.
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by adrian5(m): 12:30pm On Sep 25, 2008
If one door closes, another opens. Dan's gone, keith steps in.
Besides when cool fm first started in '98 i liked keith a lot.
Even when bothe keith and dan were on air(bet most y'all didn't know that), it was a case of six on one half dozen of the other.
Everything'll be just fine
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by suze(f): 12:39pm On Sep 26, 2008
Keith started with cool fm and he was very o.k then. But now i think the girl presenting with hhhim -one vanessa like that- is kinda dulling him. The vanessa is kinda dry. Gbemi would have been a better match for keith. Or better still they would have brought mark silvia back.Mark Silvia was very good too. I'll really miss Dan anyway.I no go lie
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by mikkyphp(m): 3:42pm On Sep 26, 2008
Hi everyone. let me just let y'all into some privileged information;
first, Olisa did not resign, he was sacked!!! his letter was prepared on instruction by the MD after he failed to attend a crucial meeting!
secondly, Keith lane was innigeria even b4 dan foster came. he handled the goodmorning nigeria show b4 mark silviere started anchoring the program. He was sacked then because he too the mic off of Olisa while he was on the air! then keith was responsible for all the presenters in cool fm.
thirdly, Keith lane has been sacked again!! little wonder it wasnt his voice on the air this morning, it was manny that was on. Reasons for his second sack are still sketchy but sources have it that it was due to listeners frequent complaint. He's known to have a short temper and also very saucy for a guy.
fourthly, Olisa will still anchor the MTN Yellow top ten, but mind u, the program is recorded. this is because his voice has become a brand for the program and MTN isnt ready to loose fans of the program because of some shaddy stuff happening at cool fm.
Fifthly, part of the reason Dan Foster left is because he didnt have anough talk time on his Good morning Nigeria Program. He constantly complained that the Commercials were too much and that listeners wanted to hear him talk more and crack jokes! also the pay package wasnt so good. Inspiration FM will pay him 1.5m every month(unconfirmed)!
sixthly, Freeze was offered 400k monthly, a car and a house by inspiration fm but he turned it down.
, gosh am tired of typing, i'll keep u guys posted,
>>>zooomed off to have a wrist massage

Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by QBSauceKid: 9:04pm On Sep 26, 2008
This new station is goin to be wack!Who wer dan foster nd all these other people b4 cool fm nd rhythm?Did u kno them?i didnt.
U cnt jst mash up established names in an industry nd xpect them to gel.
nd evn all the money sturvs that enticed them will soon fade nd they'll realise that they cant last a year.
Its a huge mistake by dan and the crew.Egos will clash weller, evn wellest.
Im pullin out of intercontinental.theyr using my money to do radio station. lol
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by larry007(m): 9:27am On Sep 27, 2008
It is one of those things,keeping the best talents in an organisation is very hard.Cool Fm Move On, Happy For the Guys,End Of Story life goes On,
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by shilees(f): 3:55pm On Sep 27, 2008
Cool fm aint going to be cool no more

that's not true nobody is irreplaceable. A better person will come on board.
Dan was cool sha but change is d only permanent thing.
a new flavour wont b bad 4 cool FM. I wish Dan well in his new job & i wish cool FM a smooth sail. wink
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by djcrucifix(m): 5:34pm On Sep 27, 2008
nna mhen!, that's a serious run down for cool fm, when i heard the gist i did'nt b'live it but if its true, then i think cool fm is in for some real deep s**t
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by urfriend(m): 1:00am On Sep 28, 2008
hi all,i think inspiration fm has started test-transmission.check 90.9fm.the station has a very clear audio output and plays non-sports cool music.
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by cutiedmc: 9:21am On Sep 28, 2008
Whats d stress abt dan leaving.Fine,evry one likes him does not mean that keith wuldnt make a gud one.Abeg free dan jo.I dnt think any1 likes hm mch as i do,but that guy has to go get greener pastures and mayb he has seen 1,afta all na d same we naija pple dey mke am survive 4 our country.Keith,ive neva heard u on air b4 due to my kind of job,bt i'll fnd tme to listenn to u.Kip it up,neva mnd am already ur fan.No let dem frustrate u,cos na so dem be do dan foster,insults and the rest.welcome to coolfm.i hpe u do beta than dan,so we wuldnt miss hm mch.
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by dada22(m): 1:30pm On Sep 28, 2008
i got a tot on ma mind,, hmmmm, wot will happen 2 nairaland wen Seun leaves maybe here 'd get dull too??
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by dominobaby(f): 3:34pm On Sep 28, 2008
I'll miss Dan.no doubt.life goes on.
What I'm happy bout is that IYKE THE GEE's back!!!!! cheesy
I guess they had to go fish him out from Cosmo FM!
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by magentam(f): 7:17am On Sep 29, 2008
Bla! Bla!! Bla!!! Everyone is talking, Dan this, Dan that. Cool Fm made Dan, not the other way around and I promise you, it is not going to crash. Sometimes in life, we need the older ones to leave for fresh new talents to surface. I believe in new talents and I believe in Cool Fm. Check out Oprah and Tyra, tyra isn't doing badly at all. So will come a new and better presenter than Dan Foster.

Dan may have left but what makes you think inspirational Fm will be DA BOMB? I heard chemistry is there too. But let me let you know something, she was sacked from Rhythms, she didn't leave Rhythms. she is only fortunate to be taken on board by inspirational Fm that is trying to recruit good hands. I heard even ASHIONYE was there for an interview, (laughs).

As for Olisa he is just a peacock who frustrates the lives of fellow presenters with his I AM TOO MUCH egotistical attitude which I feel is a symptom of a well disguised PERSONALITY COMPLEX issue. He wasn't missed at all at Cool Fm.

I will still pitch my tent with Cool Fm. If they can raise up another great station like Wazobia in a few months with the likes of the beautifully spoken,sensational Matse and Yaw rocking the station. Then they are good at what they do.

Forever a Cool Fm Fan!
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by eleshin(m): 12:13pm On Sep 29, 2008
i dont want to believe this is fanatism,many of these pple are lying,they no nuffing about the man in question,the man choose money instead of being faithful to his former station.cool fm is a big media house that can never go down because of one on-air personality,they started without dan and it is imminent that one day dan is gonna leave.cool fm will always be cool even without dan and dan will always be unfaithful employee anytime anyday,dont be surprise if your dan jump to another station (zenith fm) if someone like jim ovia decided to float a radio station.i'm sure you are not prepared for how many station you will be listening to because your dan understand only the language of sure money which can turn out to become his weakness.
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by TWayne: 7:06pm On Sep 30, 2008
Oh really, shame, I liked Dan Foster but these things do happen I guess. But to be honest I wasn't too happy with him hosting Praise Jam on Sundays, seeing he spends all week about babes and booty and all things secular and he suddenly turn "holy" on Sunday Like hello "what's up with that strategy" (I will so miss that line from him though, ) I must admit, the Morning Show will not be the same without him but I guess the new guy will do just fine. Let's encourage him people because he knows he has massive shoes to fill! If roles were reversed, we would probably be saying the same thing about Dan. Personally I can't wait to hear what Keith has to offer.

And Olisa left as well Oh my word! What is going on with Cool FM Competition is good but please let's not start another wave of the banking industry before someone else decides to restructure,
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by codelady(f): 7:19am On Oct 01, 2008
Happy Independence anniversary all! Inspiration fm begins official transmission today- check out 90.9fm. Have it on good authority that it's a gospel radio station, owned by none other than Intercontinental big man himself, Erastus Akingbola. D concept is novel- only time will tell how well received it will be. Erastus himself is a Redeemed pastor, and a partner for GSAF, the ministry behind the popular free devotional(which, by the way, you can obtain at ANY Intercontinental bank branch). Again, Keith was sacked, not based on listener feedback per se, but because of perceived racial malice towards Nigerian staff at Cool fm. Management is working hard to keep this station afloat, wish them well- biz must go on. Personally, i think it's a good time for them to infuse fresh and hot talents into their system-the listeners would move on with the flow if they get this part right.
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by silaas(m): 1:04pm On Oct 03, 2008
ok the sky is big enough to let anyone soar,so if Dan moves out,Keith moves in we still got sparks and jingles
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by rasputinn(m): 11:29am On Oct 04, 2008
magentam:

Bla! Bla!! Bla!!! Everyone is talking, Dan this, Dan that. Cool Fm made Dan, not the other way around and I promise you, it is not going to crash. Sometimes in life, we need the older ones to leave for fresh new talents to surface. I believe in new talents and I believe in Cool Fm. Check out Oprah and Tyra, tyra isn't doing badly at all. So will come a new and better presenter than Dan Foster.

You have a point but the fact still remains that with Dan's departure after such long years of winning numerous listeners to cool fm,a gaping vacuum has been created in cool fm

magentam:

As for Olisa he is just a peacock who frustrates the lives of fellow presenters with his I AM TOO MUCH egotistical attitude which I feel is a symptom of a well disguised PERSONALITY COMPLEX issue. He wasn't missed at all at Cool Fm.

I agree 100% with you on this.I still recall he used to present a certain programme on cool fm,viz MTN Y'ELLO TOP 10,supposedly aimed @ ranking the top 10 songs in the land,now this same fellow was once asked on another programme to name his favourite musicians and he went on and on naming American musicians and no single Nigerian act made the list.

Is it the storm thingy you wanna talk about,pllllllllease someone should please tell this dude that he's quietly aquiring a notorious status
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by nikitareal(f): 4:08pm On Oct 04, 2008
embarassed nawa o
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by Nobody: 1:32pm On Oct 05, 2008
Hmmm. . .
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by Nobody: 1:32pm On Oct 05, 2008
Hmmm. . .
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 05, 2008
Hmmm. . .
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by Nobody: 1:34pm On Oct 05, 2008
Hmmm. . .
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by Nobody: 1:35pm On Oct 05, 2008
Hmmm. . .
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by Nobody: 1:36pm On Oct 05, 2008
Hmmm. . .
Re: After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm by Nobody: 1:36pm On Oct 05, 2008
Hmmm. . .

Top 5 Most Selfless Nigeria Musicians By King0g / Davido - Skelewu (directed By Moe Musa) / Nigerian Reggae Music Of The 1980s And 1990s