Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,837 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted (12659 Views)

Uniben Post Ume 2012/2013 admission list hints / 2012/2013 Uniben Admission Hints! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by neyonx02(m): 2:22pm On May 22, 2006
what can i say? all's well with your ideas. mine is just that you guys planning to grt to bowen should be prepared to go the extra mile. it's fun though! i'v lived it for sometime!

my motto is: "All good things comes to those who wait"!

see you there!
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by otolorin(m): 11:47am On May 24, 2006
yeah, n sch's addin some spice to deir recipe dis semester
d,banj n dj jimmy jatt was in some weeks ago for a performance
Yinka ayefele was also brot in
styl plus should make it this weekend all tins-bein-equal,
alot of tins,
a revival crusade is also underway - striking a balance btw the social upgrade n the spirituality of he students.
its a whole lot of fun i guess,
enjoy it while it lasts
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by kodewrita(m): 1:37pm On Jun 06, 2006
We will. At the end of the day, we should grade which week turned out best. Whether CIT or Economics or Accounting(well they've started well.).

sorry if i seem to keep bashing the BSF, but why would they be so scared of the 6th day of the 6th month of 2006 that they will 'implore us' (order us) to fast till "6"pm in the evening.

thats taking it too far.

Anyway, c yall
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by otolorin(m): 3:16pm On Jun 06, 2006
kodewrita
i presently am not in school, i'm on I.T.
what did i hear you say about the BSF, well, that mite be too far, but as u no, prayer never gets too much, n it aint wasted anyways.

can i trust you for details as to which artist what dept brought for their week and a detail of ow succesful their week was.

i'll be expecting you
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by Folaby(m): 4:15am On Jun 14, 2006
B4 enrolling into Bowen University, U have choices, U could sign d form and be their student, hence abiding by their fucking rules, but at the same time, U could choose to burn the paper.
But if u r already in, U don't have to start sulking all ova the place.
Bowen University is not bunz at all if y'all know wot I mean, its bleeped up. But the students r too dope, they make up the skool, (b'liv me, I've been there), the homies r Pimps and real hustlers and their babies r chics, queens and hos' just as u'ld find in any tite Uni even here in JD. U could catch ur trips anyday in Bowen if u want to, and at the same time, U could attract great Bleep up to urself, it all depends on ur mind strategy, ur level of maturity. I'm really against the rules (actually wot got me out), but since there's really nuttin u & I can do 2 influence these rules to favor u, I guess y'all just have to stay out of trouble, hit ur books, and stay high, or U could leave and come ova to JD,
Cheers,
A4,
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by otolorin(m): 9:27am On Jul 07, 2006
much progress 4 bowen o
i heard much of 'em 400 level students are through with deir final papers already
so its all ova 4 'em first set - dats cool
cant wait for my turn o,
let me finish n go
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by kodewrita(m): 8:05pm On Jul 07, 2006
You should have seen them chasing each other with pure water satchets all over the school. There's even a farewell dinner party at munchies cafeteria. Well, its only a few years more. till then i'll keep mum and endure the porters waking me up each morning to come out and mumble some songs and say amen.
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by Deepop(f): 11:27pm On Jul 08, 2006
those 400l students shuld take it easy noww.aba shocked the vc pampers dem alot 2day dinner 2mw special prayers. sad anyway sha i dont blame them sad they really tried.i cant wait to get out of BOWEN. undecided talking about dept WEEK. CIT was wacked,students refused to come out 4 the rally,artists 4 the shows didnt turn up as planned, as in it was jus too wacked.
BSF wuld never stop acting like fools,the 6th day in the month of june was regarded as an evil day by our so called BSF sad.does that make sense angry we know they want to prove effisi they shuld try elsewhere instead of disturbing them selves tongue anyway sha ego soon tire dem tongue
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by Babalawo6(m): 10:09am On Aug 14, 2006
Bowen University is just a school that one would say it's just there. any ways i would be graduating next year june and with the hope of making the school ok from the public's view. Forget about the rules and regulations, catch your fun codedly. Peace aite. Otolorin and Neyonx should call the original BABALAWO for further info on 08020794132.
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by otolorin(m): 11:33am On Aug 14, 2006
aji baba - aka babalawo

ow u dey - ow abj

i'll giv u a a buzz much laita - enjoy!
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by destiny07: 12:32pm On Sep 20, 2006
i read all about bowen. its funny though and maybe real. just wanna hear more about the socials that took place and the best dept organised show.
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by Babalawo6(m): 10:25am On Sep 21, 2006
[center]The best Organized show in Bowen comes in three. I.E, [/center] Ogun State Students Association organized a HIV/AIDS Concert featuring D'banj, Jimmy Jatt and the Crew of Sound City.
Computer Science Students had a comedy show which saw Basketmouth, Princess and others cracking some ribs.
Economics Students had a wonderful week as they brought in Ayefele and his Band for a Show in school.

Bowen is not all about Church and Books, it is an Avenue for the Discovery of Natural Talents and Gifts.
Holla Back grin grin grin
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by otolorin(m): 10:46am On Sep 21, 2006
Babalawo 6:

[center]The best Organized show in Bowen comes in three. I.E, [/center] Ogun State Students Association organized a HIV/AIDS Concert featuring D'banj, Jimmy Jatt and the Crew of Sound City.
Computer Science Students had a comedy show which saw Basketmouth, Princess and others cracking some ribs.
Economics Students had a wonderful week as they brought in Ayefele and his Band for a Show in school.

Bowen is not all about Church and Books, it is an Avenue for the Discovery of Natural Talents and Gifts.
Holla Back grin grin grin

now dats a brief n concise report - what loadz o' programs dose of us an attachment missed!
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by kodewrita(m): 6:49pm On Sep 30, 2006
@otolorin Yes I agree its a place for discovering skills and talents. Met a guy the other day that drew a picture of himself and some other guys. believe me when i say this picture looked like a black and white photograph. There are musical talents (Jennifer, Didi), there are programmers and there are soccer stars-in-the-making.

If I could give a sermon in skool, it would be to ask everyone to feel ashamed if they graduate without developing a new talent.
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by smilingjee(m): 7:00pm On Sep 30, 2006
As far as i'm concerned the social life does not exist in bowen i think the school should have been a remand home. 80% of bowenites will readily agree with me.
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by otolorin(m): 3:35pm On Oct 01, 2006
smilingjee:

As far as i'm concerned the social life does not exist in bowen i think the school should have been a remand home. 80% of bowenites will readily agree with me.
no my dear
not even 30% of the populace would agree with you!
i think you're living in the immediate past as regards ideas on the university campus
you have to realise that in life - just like the late chaplain pointed out to us in one of his last messages - "when life gives lemon - give lemonade". you have to realise that when it seems like its going upside down, you make things happen for yourself on that campus.
bin there for three years n i used to have such an idea as yours in yr1 - but as i spent more time - i decided to make the best of the worst situations on campus!
try to quit thinking of bowen as a remand home and it'll stop seemin as a remand home to you.- but if you dont - you'll have to be living in a "remand home" till you garduate!

peace!
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by ivory05: 4:59pm On Oct 03, 2006
pls am so annoyed that some pple dont really knoe wat we r going thru in that skool we keep hearing unfolffiled promises and to top it all up we are starting skul wen virtually every useful person has gone to skool and we r wearin corporate imagine wit all the heat in that skool then some foolish students will ccum with all their fulish frontin all over again how much more can aperson take pls some one shuld do somethin about the loafers who sit around all day doin nothin in all the various cafs really if we dont take care of the pple frontin who will holla bac if u feel me wink
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by otolorin(m): 11:43am On Oct 04, 2006
ivory05:

1. please am so annoyed that some people don't really knoe what we r going through in that school.

2. we keep hearing unfolffiled promises and to top it all up we are starting skul when virtually every useful person has gone to school and

3. we r wearin corporate imagine wit all the heat in that school then

4. some foolish students will ccum with all their fulish frontin all over again

4. how much more can aperson take please some one shuld do somethin about the loafers who sit around all day doin nothin in all the various cafs

5. really if we don't take care of the people frontin who will

6. holla bac if u feel me wink

@ivory
peace!
take things easy man - i decided to categorize ur post so that i could help with the points yu raised categorically.

1. true most pple outside dont really know what you're goin tru in d sch, but i bet you pple inside really know what you're talkin 'bout - and even more than you can imagine.
believe me, things cannot continue like dat for a long time and plans are goin underway for a peaceful and an effective revolution!

2. unfulfilled promises? - bet me you've never heard more dan i have since i came was admitted almost 4 yrs ago. - Gradually these promises fade out and then our hopes are dased - but you want to also agree with me that most of these promises are better tagged "slow to fulfilment" other than "empty". i had done more about complaining than you are doing now, but i grew to understand that it wouldn't help me - i only needed to make d best of their "insuffiencies"
like i sain in my previous post - when life gives lemon, give lemonade"

3.dis has been a disturbance since the day i got the news, but think of it? - haven't yu bin lately disturebed by the rcent turn of female + male dressing on campus. though. corporate dressing might not have been the ultimate slap but its not a totally absurd idea.
i have, and would like you 2 to resolve to getting acquinted with these changes as you'll never make progress except you adopt these changes!.
you know pretty too well that once they make their rules, yu dare not go against it, as the only resort is "expulsion".

4 & 5. life goes on. imagine a sch without these "wannabes". if every1 were a serious and realistic, down-2-earth student, dont yu tink we'll be living a rather too straight lifestyle.
on a serious note - i think you'll do yourselve the best of favours if you ignore these pple. afterall, you came to sch on ur own accord, if they've decided to while away their time, you remain focused! when u go to munchies or wheerver to eat, hjust do the eating and go yur own way. its the best therapy!
you can not do away with these pple in every organisation - whether small or large scaled!

6. i really do feel you, dats why i've taken the time to serve you with the medication that has +God's grace, sen me through almost 4 yrs on campus.
i bet you, they'll do you more good than you can imagine if you stick to them.

+ if you can, please lay your hands on "Who Moved My Cheese" - this book will tell you how to make the best of changes and disappointments.

i hope i have helped a brother. - Peace!

wink
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by whiteroses(f): 12:46pm On Oct 09, 2006
bowen university oh p-lease give me a break i hate that school it's disgusting cos you can't have any social stuff just read, eat and wake up no party but good education is guaranteed it was yuck they all look stressed out you can't have fun
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by otolorin(m): 1:06pm On Oct 09, 2006
whiteroses:

bowen university oh p-lease give me a break i hate that school it's disgusting because you can't have any social stuff just read, eat and wake up no party but good education is guaranteed it was yuck they all look stressed out you can't have fun
have u been dere as a student?

if not - you might just be typing based on info. - it really aint that bad!
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by kboy2z(m): 9:35pm On Oct 09, 2006
It's the best University.
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by uchetobi(f): 4:53pm On Oct 11, 2006
Ok y’all I’ve finished from the school. Though the day we wrote our final papers you could see signed quotes on people’s clothes such as ‘ caged 2002, freed 2006’ ‘mobolowowan’ etc but when it comes down to dirty we all admitted we will miss the school. I agree it wasn’t easy but it was worth it. You need to know that Bowen students are hot in the labor market. Ive not served but am working at a good place with a good salary. You wont believe it. Just make sure you pay attention to your studies. Don’t forget that’s your primary aim of being there. Try to make a 2.1 so you wont have limitations. Also don’t dull yourself. There are ways of catching your trips even in the convent. Also as per the BSF thing you need God no doubt but truthfully thru out my 400 level. I never attended Wednesday chapel except once in July. There are ways to do all these. Just stay in your room, lock the door and be quiet; sleep or read or something.
Cheers
Take it from me time flies and it’s easier, much easier to be in school than to be in the labor market.
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by kodewrita(m): 4:13pm On Mar 05, 2007
ha ha . now we know the people that caused all the brouhaha.

Guess what!! Bowen has fashioned a new way to chase us out of hostels. they claim a security report has led them to the conclusion that cultists hold meetings in the hostel while everyone else is in chapel (the implication is that if you are caught in the hostel , you are a cultist and we all know what happens to cultists in bowen.).
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by tobesky: 8:24am On Jun 05, 2007
men ,that school sucks alot.its not alright oh.its bullshit school.have u ever been there,the hostels are bleeped up,classes,and if u go there believe me u are going to a boarding school.you will never me allowed out of the school lol.Well it depends on the type of person u re sha.Holyness is number one there.and the fake V,C Olagbemiro or something,sorry to say that bowenites.lol.But i was in the school for 1 year from 2002.but could not finish becos of the rules lol.anyways its all good hahaha
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by uchetobi(f): 8:59am On Jun 05, 2007
tobesky:

men ,that school sucks alot.its not alright oh.its bullshit school.have u ever been there,the hostels are bleeped up,classes,and if u go there believe me u are going to a boarding school.you will never me allowed out of the school lol.Well it depends on the type of person u re sha.Holyness is number one there.and the fake V,C Olagbemiro or something,sorry to say that bowenites.lol.But i was in the school for 1 year from 2002.but could not finish because of the rules lol.anyways its all good hahaha

This is alittle uncalled for
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by shens2006(m): 10:13pm On Jul 13, 2007
BOWEN RULES grin grin grin. I've been there since 2004. am used to their rules and i'll be out next year. praise God grin grin grin
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jul 15, 2007
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by uchetobi(f): 10:52am On Jul 27, 2007
Congratulations to the Beta set, welcome to the real world (you will soon start missing school)
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by uchetobi(f): 11:03am On Jul 27, 2007
Congratulations to the Beta set, welcome to the real world (you will soon start missing school)
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by shens2006(m): 2:47pm On Jul 29, 2007
who is missin sch?
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by Jameseye: 4:42pm On Jul 29, 2007
uchetobi:

This is alittle uncalled for
I f I may ask uchetobi, which school are now? and how is life there so far?
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by Jameseye: 4:46pm On Jul 29, 2007
otolorin:

have u been dere as a student?

if not - you might just be typing based on info. - it really aint that bad!
U can all all the break u need but the fact remains that BOWEN UNIVERSITY IS NOT FOR PEOPLE LIKE U
"A MO IRU YIN" Anyway, I am a dropout from Bowen not because I could not coup but simply because I could not meetup with the financial demands.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Steps To Quantitative Reasoning 6. Please I Need Help. / Jamb Result 2013...., No Biometric Verification, No Result..., Jamb Warns. / Lagos To Shut Schools Where Pupils Are Defiled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.