Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,037 members, 7,814,543 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted (12658 Views)

Uniben Post Ume 2012/2013 admission list hints / 2012/2013 Uniben Admission Hints! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by uchetobi(f): 8:14am On Jul 30, 2007
Jameseye:

I f I may ask uchetobi, which school are now? and how is life there so far?
I finished last year from Bowen. Am working right now. And I miss school, my friends, besides school, reading, attending classes is easier than working. Fine the pay is good, the experience is great, the contacts are crazy but sitting in front of the laptop from 8am to 7pm is not so much fun, deadlines, responsibilities, deliverables, its crazy, wish I could do a little rewind
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by otolorin(m): 12:24am On Aug 01, 2007
Jameseye:

You can all all the break u need
but the fact remains that BOWEN UNIVERSITY IS NOT FOR PEOPLE LIKE You
"A MO IRU YIN" Anyway, I am a dropout from Bowen not because I could not coup but simply because I could not meetup with the financial demands.

i'm sorry you had to drop out on such basis as financial - it could be really painful.

but the fact remains that BOWEN UNIVERSITY IS NOT FOR PEOPLE LIKE You

well - i cannot understand your point 'cos i gladly grad'd from Bowen with the class of '07
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by Jameseye: 1:42am On Aug 01, 2007
uchetobi:

I finished last year from Bowen. Am working right now. And I miss school, my friends, besides school, reading, attending classes is easier than working. Fine the pay is good, the experience is great, the contacts are crazy but sitting in front of the laptop from 8am to 7pm is not so much fun, deadlines, responsibilities, deliverables, its crazy, wish I could do a little rewind
U really must b a luky chap. Really there is nothing u can do about that only if u want to proceed to another level maybe masters and all of those. U know LIFE is GAT TO GO ON. I was also in Bowen for just a year. I Wish u GOOD LUK IN UR NEW CHALLENGES.
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by uchetobi(f): 10:48am On Aug 03, 2007
aw thanx. Service will soon be over, maybe then I’l go for my masters. Why did you leave after a year (just curious)
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by Jameseye: 10:05pm On Aug 03, 2007
uchetobi:

aw thanx. Service will soon be over, maybe then I’l go for my masters. Why did you leave after a year (just curious)

YOU are welcom. I could not go on with my studies in Bowen simply becoz of Financial constrain.I love the school irrespective of whatever rule they may b givin. and I really missed my friends and wish we could get to c each other some day.
As for u, are u serving in Lagos or u leave in Lagos? My name is James wont mind nowing urs too.
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by uchetobi(f): 4:29pm On Aug 08, 2007
Aw heya. What school are you now?
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by tobaaro(m): 1:31pm On Aug 11, 2007
Rili nice skul!

Best of its class of priv8 universities. (Academically I mean)
I'll soon b out and you wuld b surprisd how time flies!! I kno i'll miss d place lyk shit:
D cool junkie boyz; crazy& Hot bt controlld girls, and then all d activity on Hollywood street, So childish, yet so much fun!! I think i'm gona cry
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by Hurginnie: 2:38pm On Aug 13, 2007
Well, when I first gained admission into Bowen in sme years back, I tot that I was going 2 one paradise far away fron this world, two students in a room (max), self-contained, {wt all da effizzy such as Toilets, bath tubs etc} and the students? i was expecting to see 'cream' chicks, "fresh " guys et al bt the only thing I ddnt xpect (much 2 my dismay ) was girls in pants (I mean trousers) was quite disappointed when I saw guys not only stealin' but stealin' thnz as worthless as roll-on pefs (UPE3 III guys of 2004/05 r u in da house?), Laptops, (UPE III C block05), and even my dream of 'cream girls' was shatterd when a girl was chased for close to an hour before the MTN recharge cards on her could be recovered {JEEZ!}
As per acads, well I'll rate Bowen 75% (Naija standard o! grin) bt if u r plannin' 2 cme 2 Bowen, wel; the choice is always urs; come in silently and keep ur mouth shut or smthing as little as a harmless scream might procure some beefs from the overzealous glorified Olodes called potters earnestly seeking promotion.

As for socials, men, Bowen tap small o! D-Banj , Jimmy J, Sound City et al wey cme last year no be beans o! Infinity wey cme ds year too no be yams and when we came in, if u were lookn 4 d most recent fones, then Bowen na d place 2 b

RULES
(mmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnn)Them plenty in fact dem boku but they are quite eazy to obey (heared u say for where?) well as long as you obey the 11th commandment then no palaver
I will soon be tru sha have s few more months to go

@codewrita
u no serious o! so u sabi talk like ds and u go dey pretend 4 class lke person wey no fit yearn, Oo serious

@every1
BE DA BEST
and in case you were wondering, the 11th commandment simply goes thus; "Thou shalt not get caught"
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by uchetobi(f): 5:35pm On Aug 13, 2007
Not only D’banj and sound city when I was there we had faze, basket mouth, slam, pastor goody goody, yinka ayefel, pa alinco, and a host of others
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by mayrho(m): 5:06pm On Aug 28, 2007
Bowen hmmm all av got 2 say is get in get out stay out of trouble the rules were there twas your choice 2 come so stick to d deal and play it by the book find your happy place and survive. And like my person talk if u looking for trouble don't get caught cheers
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by kodewrita(m): 1:17pm On Sep 04, 2007
@mayrho
mayrho:

Bowen hmmm all av got 2 say is get in get out stay out of trouble the rules were there twas your choice 2 come so stick to d deal and play it by the book find your happy place and survive. And like my person talk if u looking for trouble don't get caught cheers

welcome here and please don't tell them anything i won't tell them about bowen.

Hurginnie!:

@codewrita
u no serious o! so u sabi talk like ds and u go dey pretend 4 class lke person wey no fit yearn, Oo serious

@everyone
BE DA BEST
and in case you were wondering, the 11th commandment simply goes thus; "Thou shalt not get caught"

what do u expect? its just like Neo/Mr Anderson I have a different online alter ego. tee hee hee
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by chattyzee: 3:05pm On Sep 17, 2007
:Phey every1, i've bin following this topic up and i think it's bout time i gave my opinion.I am a proud 400l student of Bowen University and i can tel u that i love the school and even though the rules are tite, it's just a mata of time b4 u get ur freedom back. So all haters of bowen university should stop and use their inner eyes to see grin tongue lipsrsealed[i][/i]
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by muyii12: 1:39pm On Sep 21, 2007
Well Guy, I will say congratulations on ur admssion into Bowen University. I just graduated from the school this year and i will say that it was really all bed of roses. Bowen is a missionary school as u all know all the rules follow the baptist doctrine to the core.
There used to be socials in the skool until when we got 400 level and the skool banned the non-gospel artist from coming to perform in the skool. Before then, we have had the likes of d'banj, DJ jimmy jatt, basket-mouth, soundcity crew and othetartist just to mention a few. But right now all that have stopped.

Talking about the rules, Guy i will say that the rules at times can be sometimes annoying. Can u imagine being asked to kneel down at the University for FOUR hours. REASON: because a guy wasn;t well dressed. The skool also forbids the use of camera fones but guy i will tell u that 80 percent of fones been used in that skool today are camera and even the latest. There are five chapel services in a week(complusory) and not the morning and nite devotions in the hall of residence. You have to dress corporate as good as yo can. I mean u must be on tie all througout the week expect for saturdays and sundays.For the ladies, they must be dressed corporate too.

As par academics, Bowen is very good. But my guy i will tell u that it can really be stressfull and tasking ooo. U have to read hard cos Bowen no send the money which paid ooo. You is very hard to be a first class student in Bowen oo. Infact i will tellu that in my set,the first class students are just about 15. So you rally need 2 walk raelly hard oo. 'os that know se if u no pass u go still give them money for summer school'. I graduated with a 2'1 and i know how really hard it was considering the number of 2'1 in my dept.

Another area that on must talk about is the school officials. Bowen as so much given power to this people that they do not mind doing anything to you. Imagine an hall warden (porter as called in bowen) will want to control you as if he brought you into the school. Even security guuards harass students, all in the name of discipline ooo.

In conclusion oo, i will say that as you will be going into the school, just try as much as you can to keep your heads low! obey the rules (attend chapel services and other bsf activities) and try to endure it and just believe that it will not be for ever but just for FOUR or FIVE years(depending on the duration of your course).

All the best.
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by chattyzee: 10:25am On Sep 25, 2007
my smileyguy muyii i'd rili grin like to know you coz i'm in my final year and i'm sure i must have known you so can u plis say your name and dept :-Xdat you were in? tanks for bin real about Bowen and for you all Bowen is a place to be if you want a smooth and fast cryeducation[b][/b]
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by kodewrita(m): 12:03pm On Sep 28, 2007
@chattyzee, hi. nice to see some loyal Bowenites. Well let me inform you that we are all good bowenites and our criticism is just a way to help the institution(though that may not seem so obvious but its true).
No need to place our contact details on the web but if you want to i'll tell you i am in CIT (2007/08 400level).i won't tell you more. welcome to nairaland and hope you enjoyit.
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by chattyzee: 12:10pm On Oct 03, 2007
tanks kodewirter,i understand.i'm also in HCM 400L 07/08.cee u around
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by tobiecxs(m): 5:40am On Jan 14, 2008
Yeah the rules appear silly, but they've got no choices, Itz a missionary school and they've got to ensure modesty to the best of their knowledge. We all know most parents style appears to be old school, but we've got to bear things even if it aint pleasing
I just graduated from the school, I grabbed my fun to the fullest, U wanna take alcohol or smoke in a christian school, then u must be silly, rules are made to check behavior, a fault i find is the use of camera fones, whats d difference if i have a mini camera and a fone, They are too old school to know i can transfer a mmcard from a camera to an N-Gage, E-60 or Communicator easily,
Itz rilly hard in bowen ooooooo, as in exams ooooooooo
Imagine in chemistry dept with barely 30 students there are like 12 professors, too many PhDees, Gosh! n dem no send
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by marosky(m): 1:09pm On Mar 11, 2008
please can u guys link me up with my old friend who graduated from economics department,bowen university.her name is Ogunrombi Tosin.We have lost contact for a while.
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by dammybaby(f): 12:17pm On Jul 25, 2008
Nice to see peeps standing up for their alma mata!!lol
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by wildguy(m): 11:45am On Jul 28, 2008
this is really good, i too gained admission into bowen and this is helpin me knw the varsity better
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by dyabman(m): 6:43pm On Aug 04, 2008
wild guy:

this is really good, i too gained admission into bowen and this is helpin me knw the varsity better

Hello Wild guy, are u really in Bowen School, can i have a chat with you, my IM is emmanuelone1@yahoo.com hope to catch u there,
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by kodewrita(m): 11:01pm On Oct 01, 2009
This is like a valedictory post. Finished from Bowen 2008. Currently working in a really good company. happy to have schooled there. Hope to be a part of its unending growth.

Miss all the friends I made there.
Miss my ex-girlfriend.
Miss my core of IT geeks (especially super-geek extraordinaire Maliki Jaffar)
Miss the porters waking me up.
Miss the speed of daily life.
miss the Gossip (who went where, who did who, who wants who, who is who)
miss Bowen.

Thanks for teaching me:

[list]
[li]Always have a plan B[/li]
[li]You are on your own[/li]
[li]Rules are made for the unruly not the righteous[/li]
[li]If you naturally live within the rules or laws, they cease to exist[/li]

[/list]

and lots more.
Thanks for turning a geeky, angry, intelligent guy into a successful young manager. merci
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by cardoso1(m): 8:59am On Oct 02, 2009
Bowen is christian university with her own style.Students will not find it like other schools.The utmost is to make the best of the opportunity at one's disposal.Good luck to all
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by mayrho(m): 9:01am On Oct 02, 2009
@kodewrita True all the way Phew am glad we are out
after all the stress me made it thru thanks be to God
Currently working in a really good company
You can say that again
I finished from Bowen class of 08 alongside you
Miss my ex-girlfriend.
how come i don't believe that
Hail Alma mata Bowen University_ _ _
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by kodewrita(m): 10:12am On Oct 02, 2009
lol.
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by kodewrita(m): 8:29pm On Sep 01, 2016
Not bad at all. Wonder how life is for the current students.
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by daintyprincess(f): 12:15pm On Apr 17, 2019
kodewrita:
Not bad at all. Wonder how life is for the current students.

Hi all, finished from Bowen University too. Everything everyone that attended the school said is true. Have your fun and thrills underground and look like you know nothing in your day to day dealings(looking innocent is what I mean here). Minding your business is also important. In fact, just apply normal life rules and you good to go. Abeg I dey find work o

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jamb Result 2013...., No Biometric Verification, No Result..., Jamb Warns. / Lagos To Shut Schools Where Pupils Are Defiled / Only 24 Candidates In Zamfara Passed 2017 Nov/Dec NECO GCE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.