Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,439 members, 7,819,619 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

Before Nairaland Is Bastardised - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Before Nairaland Is Bastardised (1925 Views)

Hurray!!! Nairaland Is 10 Years Today!!! / Seun Osewa, Your Nairaland Is Dying / Nairaland Is More Lively Than Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before Nairaland Is Bastardised by chykeo(m): 9:44pm On Sep 21, 2008
Nairaland is a great site where Nigerians all over the world meet and discuss. This is a very beautiful inniatiative with discussions on a variety of issues ranging from properties, politics , business et all. As good as it is, I wonder seeing some uninformed and unintelligent threads and posts finding thier way into the site if we are really living up to the true spirit and letters of the guy who set it?

Wouldn't it better we start paying for subsc ription so we can weed out all these unwanted elements? I am so much interested in the business and property sections but it is discouraging seeing people post meaningless threads and replies.

Dont we Nigerians like free things? Must we spoil everything? If it becomes a paying site most of these people will go out. Not trying to be hard on my brothers and sisters but they should be more decent and reasonable. We know shit happens everywhere but let ur own shit not be the one in question
Re: Before Nairaland Is Bastardised by BUSHFELLOW(m): 10:06pm On Sep 21, 2008
My dear i guess you are right but on the other hand you should read only thread that you feel is ok for you. You don’t have to worry about others. That is why we have moderators to check people's post.

I want to believe nairaland is part of the new planet that has been discovered, a planet called blogosphere where every one can say what they actually feel without anyone putting restriction on them. It is a free world in here not like the mother earth where you say your mind like channels did and their license is withdrawn.

Allow people to air their view we have moderators to watch them and remove any thread which is not meaningful.

Thank you
Re: Before Nairaland Is Bastardised by tumfulu: 10:07pm On Sep 21, 2008
another meaningless thread which is the hallmark of NairaLand. You can send money to Seun if your money is scratching your dikc.
Re: Before Nairaland Is Bastardised by Moyola(f): 10:10pm On Sep 21, 2008
huh!!
Re: Before Nairaland Is Bastardised by BUSHFELLOW(m): 10:11pm On Sep 21, 2008
Thank you Tamfulu but the word dick should be edited thank you
Re: Before Nairaland Is Bastardised by chykeo(m): 10:40pm On Sep 21, 2008
BUSHFELLOW:

My dear i guess you are right but on the other hand you should read only thread that you feel is ok for you. You don’t have to worry about others. That is why we have moderators to check people's post.

I want to believe nairaland is part of the new planet that has been discovered, a planet called blogosphere where every one can say what they actually feel without anyone putting restriction on them. It is a free world in here not like the mother earth where you say your mind like channels did and their license is withdrawn.

Allow people to air their view we have moderators to watch them and remove any thread which is not meaningful.

Thank you

Aye mi broda! I hail you.

@tumfuluInsert Quote
another meaningless thread which is the hallmark of NairaLand. You can send money to Seun if your money is scratching your dikc.

I dont mean to take issues with you but u ve just exposed ur basic ignorance and imbecility. A good reason why this site should be for pay. I am sorry I dont mean to get dirty but i think you find a way to get more respect for yourself
Re: Before Nairaland Is Bastardised by Nobody: 10:46pm On Sep 21, 2008
chykeo:

Nairaland is a great site where Nigerians all over the world meet and discuss. This is a very beautiful inniatiative with discussions on a variety of issues ranging from properties, politics , business et all. As good as it is, I wonder seeing some uninformed and unintelligent threads and posts finding their way into the site if we are really living up to the true spirit and letters of the guy  who set it?

Ah ah. . . . . . you cant shoot yourself on the foot now. You are the uniformed and unintelligent one here. Did Seun personally tell you his motives for setting up this forum?
Unlike what you are claiming to be, you just wasted your talent for nothing here, i bet a new nigerian home video is going to premiere next week with the tittle "True spirit and letters" grin

chykeo:

Wouldn't it better we start paying for subsc ription so we can weed out all these unwanted elements? I am so much interested in the business and property sections but it is discouraging seeing people post meaningless threads and replies.

Since this kind of internet forum is new in nigeria; a country where an entire village can bombed or a TV station closed down for a "slip" of tongue tongue, then, that will definately make it more difficult for you to appreciate freedom of speech; the pillar of democracy.

FYI: Nairaland is said to be the second most visited nigerian owned website.

Dont we Nigerians like free things? Must we spoil everything? If it becomes a paying site most of these people will go out. Not trying to be hard on my brothers and sisters but they should be more decent and reasonable. We know shit happens everywhere but let ur own shit not be the one in question

As people are going out because they cant afford to pay, nairaland will also go out. I doubt if 9/10 of the 242,000 members can afford to pay for subscription.

Finally, those retarded comments(yours included) are the reason nairaland is where it is now.
Re: Before Nairaland Is Bastardised by chessguru(m): 11:45pm On Sep 21, 2008
@ post
nice idea, but with many BUTS,
i admits we have a number of imbeciles all over the place, and people who are just plain stupid, giving incredibly dumb replies to threads and also starting threads reflecting idiocy in its most concentrated form, and the ill brought up /mentally frustrated who feel the best place and way to unwind is to insult other users on the forum, it is a pityt that the rules are not bn respected and without consequences from the admin about this excessive excesses,[/b of some People who deserves the NOBEL PRIZE FOR IMBECILITY, creature of perverted insticts who can't avoid exhibiting a high level of ignorance, and infantile nasism

as per paying or subscribing, nope, it will never happen, seun needs the crowd but i think a good 100,000 crowd is better than a bad 3 million crowd, trying to lower the standard of the site. [b]SEUN IS A SELF PROFESSED CAPITALIST who says he believes in LIVE AND LET LIVE!! i have forums OF MY OWN, one chess site and 3 forums, no subscription option is the best, but excesses should be checked

, well lets wait and and see if he sees the accident waiting to happen, standards don't fall overnight but over a long period of unchecked activities of some low breed characters
Re: Before Nairaland Is Bastardised by chessguru(m): 12:05am On Sep 22, 2008
BUSHFELLOW:

Thank you

BUSHFELLOW:

Thank you

THERE IS NO STANDARD FORUM WORTH THAT NAME THAT HAS NO RESTRICTION OR RULES TO MAINTAIN GOOD STANDARD, NAIRALAND HAS GOT RULES, the poster is talking about checking excessive disobidience to the rules, as for subscription, nope!! not a good move.
Re: Before Nairaland Is Bastardised by chessguru(m): 12:08am On Sep 22, 2008
RULES MUST BE OBEYED, to an extent and not be completly disobeyd. i belong to not less than 27 international forums/communities, i hardly see the admin tolerate serious indiscipline such as i see every day here, SERIOUS INSULTS, and disrespect for other users, try that on google community,smf community,chesscube forum and you will understand that, too much insults that you see here isnt ideal.

as per payment, still not an option, in google community for example, even register free is not that easy but admin does not allow excessive excesses.
Re: Before Nairaland Is Bastardised by BUSHFELLOW(m): 12:16am On Sep 22, 2008
chessguru:

THERE IS NO STANDARD FORUM WORTH THAT NAME THAT HAS NO RESTRICTION OR RULES TO MAINTAIN GOOD STANDARD, NAIRALAND HAS GOT RULES, the poster is talking about checking excessive disobidience to the rules, as for subscription, nope!! not a good move.
I want to believe you know what a moderator is in a forum. if you read my post and if you realy do have a forum them you wont qoute me again dumb head
Re: Before Nairaland Is Bastardised by ifyalways(f): 4:34am On Sep 22, 2008
rotflmao
who send who message? cheesy
Re: Before Nairaland Is Bastardised by bilymuse: 7:44am On Sep 22, 2008

The day Nairaland moves to fees subscription, that will signall its dawnfall. The forum is great in its present format, free and democratic. Seun could generate revenue from advert
Re: Before Nairaland Is Bastardised by chessguru(m): 5:55pm On Sep 22, 2008
bilymuse:

The day Nairaland moves to fees subscription, that will signall its dawnfall. The forum is great in its present format, free and democratic. Seun could generate revenue from advert
point!!

@ifyalways

well, the guy is just expressing his opinion,

[s]There is an isolated pawn somewhere, pity[/s]
Re: Before Nairaland Is Bastardised by chessguru(m): 6:47pm On Sep 22, 2008
BUSHFELLOW:

I want to believe you know what a moderator is in a forum. if you read my post and if you realy do have a forum them you wont qoute me again [b]dumb hea[/b]d
, amusing, that wasnt to be a mere pawn push, anyway sil vou plait.

i actually do not know what a moderator is on a forum, though i know perfectly well what an administrator is, but who cares, the topic says something else,

[s] have you heard of the sicilian defence? i mean the dragon variation, it reminds me of sac sac mate!![/s]

for example the google community (not sponsored or affiliated to google) gets funded by its own adverts and also have a board for members that subscribed, VIP members, but there are free members, i am yet to be called names on the site, no unprovoked attack, yet.
Re: Before Nairaland Is Bastardised by Nobody: 8:42am On Sep 23, 2008
chessguru:

, amusing, that wasnt to be a mere pawn push, anyway sil vou plait.

i actually do not know what a moderator is on a forum, though i know perfectly well what an administrator is, but who cares, the topic says something else,

[s] have you heard of the sicilian defence? i mean the dragon variation, it reminds me of sac sac mate!![/s]

for example the google community (not sponsored or affiliated to google) gets funded by its own adverts and also have a board for members that subscribed, VIP members, but there are free members, i am yet to be called names on the site, no unprovoked attack, yet.

And so? Does google community sound like nairaland?

Abeg, go carry your kpata where you hang am. tongue
Re: Before Nairaland Is Bastardised by chessguru(m): 9:37pm On Sep 23, 2008
nuzo:

nuzo:

what exactly is your point sir? that excessive insult and aggressive disrespect to other users should be the order of the day on Nairaland?? well you are NOT DOING SEUN ANY FAVOUR by doing that he certainly wants a better standard than excessive unprovoked attack, it is so bad that new members are being infected right from their first post,
Re: Before Nairaland Is Bastardised by Nobody: 4:08pm On Sep 24, 2008
My point na make you go carry your kpata where you hang am. cool
Re: Before Nairaland Is Bastardised by chessguru(m): 7:48pm On Sep 24, 2008
@ post and those that makes sense

nuff said, all the best, nairaland for eternity!!

[s]

When low breeds try to display imbecility/disrespect on the forum, the best move is to simply[b] ignore them[/b], to reply insult with insult is decending as to play in the mud with pigs, [/s] we cant all be the same, some have dirty habits and wont stop insulting and disrespecting, just sympathise with them and move on without dignifying their posts with a reply.
Re: Before Nairaland Is Bastardised by Nobody: 9:36am On Sep 25, 2008
I still insist you go pick your peteri where hung it. cool
Re: Before Nairaland Is Bastardised by iceland(m): 9:50am On Sep 25, 2008
@ poster It's absolutely madness from to want to initiate subscription in NAIRALAND.And selfish too.Subscription would not stop meaningless threads or replies.What gave u an assurance that the stupid ones would not pay even more than he sensible ones.In every community we have the good,the bad and the ugly.Nairaland is not excluded!
Re: Before Nairaland Is Bastardised by abdurrazaq(m): 9:57am On Sep 25, 2008
iceland:

@ poster It's absolutely madness from to want to initiate subscription in NAIRALAND.And selfish too.Subscription would not stop meaningless threads or replies.What gave You an assurance that the stupid ones would not pay even more than he sensible ones.In every community we have the good,the bad and the ugly.Nairaland is not excluded!
WORD!!!! angry cool

@poster, kindly use the 'Report to Moderator' link to report any member that may offend you. It's as simple as that. cool
Re: Before Nairaland Is Bastardised by chessguru(m): 2:46pm On Sep 25, 2008
iceland:

@ poster It's absolutely madness from to want to initiate subscription in NAIRALAND.And selfish too.Subscription would not stop meaningless threads or replies.What gave You an assurance that the stupid ones would not pay even more than he sensible ones.In every community we have the good,the bad and the ugly.Nairaland is not excluded!
  No need to think about subscription, Seun never had that in mind and i wouldnt do that even on my own forum (not even for my silver members) but the point is when you break the rules in a very RASH way, excessive excesses like unprovoked attacks, it should be checked, it wasnt this bad before,  we have bad eggs in every forum/community sites but on NAIRALAND it shouldnt get out of hand

@nuzo
if it was you i saw in your profile, i think you look mature enough to be called a man, anyway repeating the same incomprehensible post over and over is making You sound like a broken record, perhaps you need some rest, talk to a loved one, try smilling often and practice being good to people around you. because that is what normal people do. Maturity is in every mans power!! one love.

little/cheap shots aint nothing to me, what"s a bullet to KAL EL??
Re: Before Nairaland Is Bastardised by Nobody: 3:16pm On Sep 25, 2008
chessguru:

No need to think about subscription, Seun never had that in mind and i wouldnt do that even on my own forum (not even for my silver members) but the point is when you break the rules in a very RASH way, excessive excesses like unprovoked attacks, it should be checked, it wasnt this bad before,  we have bad eggs in every forum/community sites but on NAIRALAND it shouldnt get out of hand

@nuzo
if it was you i saw in your profile, i think you look mature enough to be called a man, anyway repeating the same incomprehensible post over and over is making You sound like a broken record, perhaps you need some rest, talk to a loved one, try smilling often and practice being good to people around you. because that is what normal people do. Maturity is in every mans power!!       one love.

little/cheap shots aint nothing to me, what"s a bullet to KAL EL??

The guy you saw in profile is Nuhu Ribadu; my kind of person. cool

However, if you like mistaking the truth for insults; then its time for you to disappear to your dry forum.
Like i said before, go pick your kpata where you hang am.

I no send you cool
Re: Before Nairaland Is Bastardised by chessguru(m): 5:17pm On Sep 25, 2008
@ original post
     Too much of everything is bad, and this applies to unprovoked attack as well, when it gets too much it dosnt speak well of the forum, remember WHEN IT IS EXCESSIVE it is bad and it will be time not to tolerate the intolerants among us, period, NAIRALAND FOR LIFE!!

@ Nuzo
      Whatever? [s] i love to play the queens gambit, tatakowa makagonov bonderevsky variation, right now am in top form.[/s] am just having fun with some nice guys on the net, chesscube. com   you need to see our forum, oh!! never mind, its dry, full of nice people talking nicely and all that, DO YOU SPEAK CHESS?? grin thats my mother tongue, jaduode!! am just happy and enjoying my self here, pleased to see you online, its been a pleasure, i don't get to flow with wonderfull people like you everytime, you are so amazing, especially with your Nice words and beautifull comments so intelligent!?? grin
Re: Before Nairaland Is Bastardised by felixG(m): 5:22pm On Sep 25, 2008
@chessguru
Nice one there, things shouldn't get out of hand.
Re: Before Nairaland Is Bastardised by chessguru(m): 5:34pm On Sep 25, 2008
@ original post
     Too much of everything is bad, and this applies to unprovoked attack as well, when it gets too much it dosnt speak well of the forum, remember WHEN IT IS EXCESSIVE it is bad and it will be time not to tolerate the intolerants among us, period, NAIRALAND FOR LIFE!!

@ Nuzo
      Whatever? [s] i love to play the queens gambit, tatakowa makagonov bonderevsky variation, right now am in top form.[/s] am just having fun with some nice guys on the net, chesscube. com   you need to see our forum, oh!! never mind, its dry, full of nice people talking nicely and all that, DO YOU SPEAK CHESS?? grin thats my mother tongue, jaduobe!! am just happy and enjoying my self here, pleased to see you online, its been a pleasure, i don't get to flow with wonderfull people like you everytime, you are so amazing, especially with your Nice words and beautifull comments so intelligent!??
Re: Before Nairaland Is Bastardised by Nobody: 7:45pm On Sep 25, 2008
chessguru:

@ Nuzo
DO YOU SPEAK CHESS?? grin thats my mother tongue, jaduobe!! am just happy and enjoying my self here, pleased to see you online, its been a pleasure, i don't get to flow with wonderfull people like you everytime, you are so amazing, especially with your Nice words and beautifull comments so intelligent!??

If you like make your mother tongue be "draft", i still no send you, any time.

How can you forget quickly that you were the one who have been throwing the insults by calling people imbeciles and how unintelligent most nairalanders are? How do you measure intelligence? Does telling you the truth translate to insult even though you are the one dishing out the real insult?
I even wonder why you are still here since you have nice and amazing people to chat with in your forum.

On the other hand, why are you so interested i join your forum when you have been advocating for my ban here?

On a more seroius note, why didnt you represent nigeria in the olympics since you eat, drink and sleep with chess? tongue
Re: Before Nairaland Is Bastardised by kay9(m): 6:14pm On Sep 26, 2008
Look fellas, like it or not, we DO like free things down here in Naija. Why do y'all think Nairaland is so popular? A forum where you can just log in, choose whichever section you like, and say just about anything you like - and get replies, too! I understand about some people posting really stupid stuff, but that's why we have moderators - ugly posts get deleted, and the poster banned. Simple. And by the way, this is the POLITICS section; if you have such a mind that you can't take other people's trash-talk, then I'm afraid you're hanging out at the wrong joint.

Besides, this is a NIGERIAN forum, and the first hallmark of a typical Nigerian is his tongue. We might not do anything about a bad situation, but by God we are going to TALK! And God help the person who thinks we're going to be saying the same thing.
Re: Before Nairaland Is Bastardised by Nobody: 10:00pm On Sep 28, 2008
Chessguru try and loosen up. This is not a chess competition.
Re: Before Nairaland Is Bastardised by chessguru(m): 10:06pm On Sep 28, 2008
nuzo:

If you like make your mother tongue be "draft", i still no send you, any time.

How can you forget quickly that you were the one who have been throwing the insults by calling people imbeciles and how unintelligent most nairalanders are? How do you measure intelligence? Does telling you the truth translate to insult even though you are the one dishing out the real insult?
I even wonder why you are still here since you have nice and amazing people to chat with in your forum.

On the other hand, why are you so interested i join your forum when you have been advocating for my ban here?

On a more seroius note, why didnt you represent nigeria in the olympics since you eat, drink and sleep with chess? tongue
   HEY YAA!! so you don't send me, but who cares if you don't by the way please mention the names of those you claim i insulted, if i say all the people who insault and disrespect others are mumu people, i wonder who exactly can claim i insult them if not the bad eggs,

ON A MORE SERIOUS NOTE since you want to know why i did not play 4 Nigeria in the olympics, let me educate and inform you that chess does not feature in the summer olympics and we have what we call THE CHESS OLYMPIAD i was a regular in my university chess team and also played for EKITI STATE in National sports festival, and have featured in many international chess open, AGUSTO,NUGA Games,NBL-MASTERS CATEGORY,NEPA,Friends of chess, i play chess more as an art than as a sport man, i love the game, by the way do you know, Bunmi Olape,Bayo(small B),I'm Odion Aihkioje olympiad -gold medalist,I'm Chikwere Onyekwere, Oke onoruvie (sisqo),Femi olape, International master Femi Akintola,and many others Who sleep and drink and play chess as MASTERS of the Game??we cant all go at once , i will soon be at the chess olympiads, and even the world championship,world opens and linares its a piece of cake!!- GM

Back to the topic, @ kay
 What i speak against is excessive unprovoked insults, if too much must be condemned and discouraged, it is not good for the site, in the long run.Nairaland for life!!

Mobilia
  How do you mean?am having fun, i only illustrate with chess wisdom!!
Re: Before Nairaland Is Bastardised by chusben(m): 8:19am On Sep 29, 2008
Nairaland is a great site where Nigerians all over the world meet and discuss. This is a very beautiful inniatiative with discussions on a variety of issues ranging from properties, politics , business et all. As good as it is, I wonder seeing some uninformed and unintelligent threads and posts finding their way into the site if we are really living up to the true spirit and letters of the guy who set it?

don't we Nigerians like free things? Must we spoil everything? If it becomes a paying site most of these people will go out. Not trying to be hard on my brothers and sisters but they should be more decent and reasonable. We know shit happens everywhere but let ur own shit not be the one in question
I agree with Chykeo, it's becoming too much.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Its Official, Im Addicted / Who is the most Famous User On Nairaland / Wey Crackles?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.