Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,192 members, 7,829,269 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (227) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (499611 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) ... (784) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Razorr(f): 8:20pm On Aug 12, 2007
Banderas, keep your beef comments to yourself. We played exciting entertaining football. Everyone agrees with that.  cool

We know about our defensive problems, so give it a rest. We're working on them. Our only major problem was the right back. And once Terry and Alex are fully fit, we would be a nightmare to everyone. grin

There's also some gossip about Quaresma coming to the bridge. tongue

I hope Faggotson was taking notes from our match.

That was beautiful foootie the Chelsea way! grin cheesy

Good night y'all!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by ulehj(m): 8:21pm On Aug 12, 2007
This is just the beginning for you mancs.
Alot of teams will definitely play like this against you
so be ready for one hell of a season.
Anyway i am glad that rooney is out for a while---- panic buying anyone?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by denex: 8:23pm On Aug 12, 2007
Abeg, me I go talk true. MANU no try at all. How can they begin like this?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 9:04pm On Aug 12, 2007
@ Denex,

Thats ur own opinion.
The game was played with pace, skills and stealth.
No team could have done better than what United did given the circumstances.
It wasn't as if Reading outplayed United. They prevented United from scoring.
Matches like this happen every now and then so whats the fuss about?
There are still 37 games to go and the title is not decided with just 1 game. wink

Should the Premiership end today, Newcastle would be crowned the Title Champions so whats the stress?
I am very satisfied with Man Utd's gameplay. Attacking football at its very best.
Arsenal and Chelsea found goals because the opposition they faced wanted to have a go and WIN.
Reading never bovvered with scoring,let alone WIN.
The last time they went to the Bridge, they drew Chelsea 2-2 so 0-0 against Reading is not a bad result at all.
Lets see how Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool fare when they meet Reading in coming weeks.

UP UNITED.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by somze(f): 9:07pm On Aug 12, 2007
Meanwhile, i think we play them next.

Hope our players would be safe.

Reading is too rough. Forget winning, i just want to leave uninjured smiley
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 9:08pm On Aug 12, 2007
Jackal,
we playin pompey next rite?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 9:30pm On Aug 12, 2007
@ J-K,

Yes.
Harry Redknapp's pompey is next.
At least, Ferguson has to unleash TEVEZ now that Rooney is injured.
The strength(super-subs that can come in and change the course of a match) of this United team are all out there injured.
Solskjaer, JS Park, Gary Neville, Hargreaves, Anderson, Saha and Anderson.

United will defintely bounce back from this shizzy.
I am confident. Its a temporary set-back and i cant be bovvered.
It is what happens after 38 games that counts.
Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool cannot win the remaining 37 games.
That is as sure as hell. At one point they will drop points and we shall pick points.
TEVEZ, its time to start playing for United.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Banderas(m): 9:38pm On Aug 12, 2007
When United lose their next game. we'll see what y'all will be saying then.

Remember - United won last season mainly because they were able to get a string of victories, starting from the beginning of the season.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by toshmann(m): 9:40pm On Aug 12, 2007
hahahahahahaha grin grin grin grin grin hohohohohoh grin grin grin hehehehehe

man u cant beat reading in old trafford grin grin grin grin grin

@all wankers united followers tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 9:48pm On Aug 12, 2007
@ Banderas,

That aint true.
United lost to Arsenal, Drew Reading and lost some couple of points last season.
Its still 37 games to play so whats the fuss about?
United could go from here and do 6 WINS on the trot.

Why are y'all talking like Reading is a small team to beat.
Did Chelsea beat Reading at the Bridge last season?
How do u play a team with a 7-3-0 formation?
Blimey, United did all they could and it didnt pay off.
One of those games but its not the end of the chase.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 9:49pm On Aug 12, 2007
Toshman
you came late. The party's over.

Jackal,
its Tevez's turn to win the heart of United's fans with his skills. The little snag is that we'll have to wait before we can see how well he combines with Wazza.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 9:57pm On Aug 12, 2007
where your guns @ ? grin grin grin grin

Jackal I am highly disappointed, what happened to teaching your rivals the way its done? or the 4 - 0 win? or the fantastic four? grin grin grin

silence covers OT like a cloud of scum and we aint hearing anything from you noise makers.

Arsenal didnt play well but won, ditto for Chelsea and Liverpool. Scummies are going down down down cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 10:06pm On Aug 12, 2007
@ Debosky,

U are myopic or u suffer Chronic Conjuctivitis
Only one of the four newbies featured so it had nuthing to do with the fantastic four.
United did not lose and will take the pole position after 6 games. . . . . . .
Wazza is injured but we got replacement in Tevez. He cannot be out for more than 4-6 weeks so no BIGGIE.

Ass+Anal, Chelski and the Scousers have all conceded goals but United remains the only team amongst the big 4 with a clean slate.
Chelsea face Reading in the midweek, we shall see where it goes.
Arsenal goes to Prague and Liverpool wont play in the mid-week,
By the time y'all come back, United would be on top and then its catch-up for all y'all again.

*********MICHAEL ESSIEN is also injured so Chelsea will STRUGGLE against Reading on wednesday.
They might come out with a draw and its ding-dong again.
I am loving it. 37 odd games to go.
Whoever feels Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool wld finish above Man United is a dreamer or just STUPID.
Bring it on.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 10:08pm On Aug 12, 2007
Debo
its not even a cup final. . .and you guys are talkin as if united jus lost 5-0 to Dolphins FC!
Give us a break abeg. Wat if United had lost,? You guys woulda lynched every United fan.

The league is still outstretched before us. 37 more games. You lot leadin United with 2 points. And you know how easily the tables can be turned!

Go united, go.

PROUDLY UNITED
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 10:16pm On Aug 12, 2007
na clean slate we go chop?

abeg enough of shitty stats abeg, WINNING gets you the premiership, not getting nil nil draws. admit it - all your noise and bragging came to zilch - Ronaldo, Scholes, Wazza and Giggs played, yet no goal.

the fact remains that all the chances and hitting bar don't mean shyte if you don't win - any Arsenal fan will tell you that. now ask Fergie - would he prefer conceding 2 goals against b'ham/a first minute goal against fulham and then winning the game OR getting a 0-0 draw with reading? the answer is clear mate - 3 POINTS +1 goal difference.

arsenal didnt lose their first game last season either - they drew and guess where they ended?

Rooney is now out, lets see what the fantastic four will do for you. excuse making scummies grin grin

Essien injured? a loss yes, but Obi, Sidwell, Maka are all there - who do you have to replace Rooney apart from Tevez who hasn't gelled yet - Chris Eagles? grin grin grin

I'm so glad y'all got shut up by reading, all the chances in the world don't mean goals, ask the Arsenal of last season, they've learnt that lesson and the score and win now, even with a team defending a 1 goal led for 89minutes, you couldn't beat a 10 man reading and you're making noise.

just to rub it in your face, i'm sure chelsea will decimate the same reading midweek, just like the way Arsenal flogged them 4-0 in their home last season
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 10:30pm On Aug 12, 2007
@ Debosky,

Its what happens after 38 games that matter.
Can Arsenal and Chelsea win the 37 remaining games? Nah.
At one point or the other, teams wld drop points, its a law of nature.

U cannot compare Reading to other oppositions u guys are facing.
Chelsea is going there midweek, we shall see how they cope without Essien.
Tevez might not gel? Be fooling urself.
NANI gelled and played superbly so i see no reason why TEVIL wont cause ruckus.
United is on the roll . . . . . . . . .the next 6 opponents r in trouble.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by doyin13(m): 10:42pm On Aug 12, 2007
Jackal:

United is on the roll . . . . . . . . .the next 6 opponents r in trouble.

Sounds a bit like ''pre Reading'' doesn't it

See how that ended up

Anyway I don't want to sound like a hater

gulps a portion of haterade
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 10:46pm On Aug 12, 2007
@ Doyin13,

This kind of jinx only happens once after 20+ games.
The last time it was Sunderland that defied the odds and played 0-0 at OT about 2 seasons ago.
Shit like this happens all the time to big teams.
One of those days . . . . . I wld be worried if United didnt create chances at all.
20+ attempts in 90 minutes sounds impressive enough for me and things wld have been different if Wazza wasnt injured in the 1st half.
I am super-confident abt Man United,. they r still the team to BEAT.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Mustay(m): 3:05am On Aug 13, 2007
Na so the thing dey start. They get off to a bad start, deceive themselves that they'll still make it and at d end of the day, it's Fa Fa Fa Failure!
The trophy is already looking blue. You guys ought to know that reading has read alot about Sagbama Alex Ferguson's tactics book! Blue rules, others learn
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by RuuDie(m): 6:11am On Aug 13, 2007
Ok, fine. . . . UTD dropped points abi, no wahala !
Nxt wk, L'pool play Chelski, lets c if 1/both of 'em won't drop points then. . . .
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by doyin13(m): 6:15am On Aug 13, 2007
Awwwwww Ruudie

You are already hoping your opponents drop points.

Ain't it jus a tad early?

This portends what for Utd the rest of the season
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by RuuDie(m): 6:22am On Aug 13, 2007
Like y'all wasn't prayin 4 UTD 2 drop points last nite. . .
I don't even have 2 try, its inevitable. . . Y'alls going head2head. . . Ha ha ha!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by doyin13(m): 6:32am On Aug 13, 2007
Anyway my hometown team Pompey will take care of Man U like last season.

Utaka and Kanu to share four goals. Any takers.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by RuuDie(m): 6:48am On Aug 13, 2007
Pheeewww. . . . Mighty relieved, @ least they won't park their bus in front of d goal !
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by RuuDie(m): 6:50am On Aug 13, 2007
Pheeewww. . . . Mighty relieved, @ least they won't park their bus in front of d goal !
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by odada(m): 7:32am On Aug 13, 2007
Man utd drawing today is not a good start to the season,not coupled with the injury to wayne rooney!pundits believe it will mean an early debut for carlos tevez!notwithstandng i will go with the bookies on who wins the premiership title?who do you think-------MAN UTD on a staggering 11/8 against Chelski chelsee can't seem to get the spelling right you figure out the loosing club anyway i already told you whos winning grin grin cool

1UNITED
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Razorr(f): 8:48am On Aug 13, 2007
Hey guys,

Some united fans in BBC 606 are really making my day. They're calling for the sack of Faggotson. grin cheesy

They're saying he's getting too old and his brain power is depreciating. grin grin

They are asking why he was daft enough to sell Alan Smith. grin cheesy

Boy do I blame them?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 8:55am On Aug 13, 2007
@ Razorr,

First all, on the people masking as United fans on 606 are not Man Utd fans.
Sack Ferguson because he played 0-0 with Reading?
Try sack Mourinho for splashing £30m on Sheva who couldn't score 6 goals in the Premier league.  tongue tongue tongue tongue
Ferguson might be old and grumpy but he is still smarter than Jose, Wenger and Rafa put together.
He won the Premiership with an ordinary team last season. A team the so-called BBC 606 sports fans condemned to failure.
Don't worry, all those rants will change by December when United takes the pole position.

2 points loss aint really a big deal considering what Chelsea have ahead.
A tricky tie at Reading during the mid-week . . . . . . .That was where Cech and Cudiccini lost their heads last season.
Besides, Chelsea face Liverpool next sunday. Guaranteed, points will be dropped either by both teams or one team. tongue tongue tongue
By next sunday, a lot of things would have changed.
There was nuthing Smithy could have done if he had played. He had many chances to prove himself last season but didnt quite cut it.
Loss of Rossi is more pronounced but we got firepower in Tevez and Anderson.
United is still in a strong position.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tng(f): 10:09am On Aug 13, 2007
Its sure not a good start for man u but its just the start of the season and there is still alot to play for.
Anyway, happy my team won even though we conceded 2 goals.Funny how u all quoting Jose. Up chelsea-Its in the blood!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by manu4laif: 11:54am On Aug 13, 2007
Guys,
I am extremely happy with the way we played yesterday if not the result.
Lovely attacking footie and I know the best is yet to come.
Good we are learning from day one that the pressure is on us. Anyone who thinks we steamroll everyone must have a rethink.No one is steamrolling nobody not us not Ass,not Chek,not Pool nobody.
But we are the Champs and will lead the way right?
@Reds,
you don't have to argue with these guys cos everyone wants to see us beaten. If we won 1-0 (it would have been ordinary Reading )if it was 2-0( so ), 3-0 (when then?) bla bla bla.

Some observations though.

1.We could have lost the game.Just one chance and that could have been it.On days like that real shit could happen. It didn't.
2.We have learnt that some teams could come out not to play or adopt tactics to suit their aims. The game showed that we do not cope well with some types of marking and we need to shore up certain aspects of our game to neutralise that. . . .better set plays for instance(so many corners/freekicks without a goal)
3.Silvestre is bad luck.
4.This is the first of 38 games . By the time we won the league last year we had lost about 5 games. It is early days yet to read any meaning into this other than "we drew our first game", period.

Like last year whenever we lose or draw some guys were made to pay.  grin

So don't sweat. cool

WAN UNITED grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by ulehj(m): 12:05pm On Aug 13, 2007
United are in trouble, they go into two tough away games without a fit strker. Pompey will prove a stern test as will the Manchester Derby. I see United loosing both of those games but realistically I see them picking up at least 1 point.
Tough times ahead for the mancs.
Tbh carlos tevez cannot replace Rooney,so it is really sad b'cos i will prefer manc winning the title to chelski.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by nazzyon(m): 12:14pm On Aug 13, 2007
I did not see any other team winning other than United ppz o Manchester. Ever since I reviewed their past matches of the last season and coupled with d new boys we bought I knew we deserve winning this season's cup. We've got no weak point @ d moment. Just watch out for a come back in the next match. Mark my wordz. , Everly UNITED

(1) (2) (3) ... (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) ... (784)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.