Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,132 members, 7,829,032 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (229) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (499566 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) ... (784) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by beetintin(m): 4:10pm On Aug 13, 2007
Let's wait till Wednesday to see what pans out jare. I don;t know what the noise about getting a
point from 3 is all about.

We all know the season is so young that we can't say who will win the Premiership come NEXT MAY.
May is till faraway. If opening days win league titles, I am sure there is no hope for so many teams. But
let us gbadun ourselves jare.

@razzor, no ill feelings o, just enjoying myself kiss

1 UNITED!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by kitaun(m): 4:28pm On Aug 13, 2007
before it was HOW COULD A WHOLE ARSENAL NOT SCORE IN 90 MINS OF OPEN PLAY,
now its U GUYS SHOULD UNDERSTAND HOW WE LOST OUR MOJO COS OF A BUS PARKED FULL IN FRONT OF GOAL shocked tongue grin

HOW TIME FLIES cool
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by RuuDie(m): 4:35pm On Aug 13, 2007
kitaun:

before it was HOW COULD A WHOLE ARSENAL NOT SCORE IN 90 MINS OF OPEN PLAY,
now its You GUYS SHOULD UNDERSTAND HOW WE LOST OUR MOJO COS OF A BUS PARKED FULL IN FRONT OF GOAL shocked tongue grin

HOW TIME FLIES cool

Kit,

difference here is the gooners always shoot 'emselves in the foot even when the opposition don't park their bus in front of their goal. . . . it's their style of play that's to blame! but in this case, Reading played their game well and were lucky enuff to escape unscathed!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 4:38pm On Aug 13, 2007
@ Ruudie,
Don't mind these pathetic loons with em rubbish talks.
Won't these Gunners and Chelskites leave Man Utd alone?
Damn, a goalless draw is being talked about like Man Utd lost.
I cant believe United is so feared rivals are celebrating our 0-0 score-line.
Man United's standard def'ly speaks for itself. We r so rated people expet us to WIN all tha time.
Thats good news.

Lets see how others fare by this time next week.
Chelsea and Liverpool lock horns on sunday. A team must drop points(Guaranteed)
Arsenal also faces Blackburn away after coming back jet-lagged from Prague.
Interesting stuffs. . . . . . .A team are going to fight for 4th place this season again.
Its becoming a habit.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by doyin13(m): 4:42pm On Aug 13, 2007
But on a serious note.

Tevez coming in for Rooney is quite a downgrade. Simply doesn't have the strength, foresight or panache of ''Wazza''

Saha has to come back real quick
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 4:44pm On Aug 13, 2007
@ Doyin13,

Tevez plays better than Rooney.
Rooney is a very good player but Tevez??
Ohhh ma God . . . . . . . . .He is a superb player.
With Ronaldo and NANI, Tevez will blossom.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by doyin13(m): 4:49pm On Aug 13, 2007
Jackal its either you are just an eternal optimist when Man U are concerned or you fear the worst.

I have watched Tevez since his Boca days and especially at Corinthians, and Brother has issues with his game.

It is one of the reasons he is not a starter for the national team.

Now tell me Rooney wont make that Argentine team as a starter.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by loyika(m): 4:53pm On Aug 13, 2007
There you go again Jackal

Talking way before the laddie has even kicked a ball for Scummies. What chances his first 15 minutes ends in injury.

Let the game take place, so we can see how he plays in your team, instead of boring us silly with your "Fake Prophecies!!" tongue

Afterall, were you not the same person that said this "Meanwhile, United will mash Reading Fc tomorrow".

Even Tunde Bakare would have done better grin Please "Mash Up!!" Pompey as well grin grin

KILLER SQUAD MY BUTT tongue

cool GOONER 89
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by darkkcloud(m): 4:59pm On Aug 13, 2007
To All you Man u fans, What's wrong with Dstv. They refused to show the live match, dont know why. Any body with any idea? i saved alot to subscribe cos i thought i was gonna watch all matches.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by RuuDie(m): 5:00pm On Aug 13, 2007
doyin13:

Jackal its either you are just an eternal optimist when Manchester United are concerned or you fear the worst.

I have watched Tevez since his Boca days and especially at Corinthians, and Brother has issues with his game.

It is one of the reasons he is not a starter for the national team.
Now tell me Rooney wont make that Argentina team as a starter.

While not saying Tevez is better than Rooney but what is this Doyin is saying. . . . .  are u sure u've watched Tevez after he left Boca or what
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 5:05pm On Aug 13, 2007
@ Doyin13,

Rooney might not make Argentina's national team.
It depends where he plies his trade . . . . . .If Rooney was playing in Argentina with a shitty club, he might not be noticed.
Are u trying to say there are no good players better than Wazza? There are hundreds.
Tevez is unknown until now because playing for Corinthians aint the next best thing.
Now that he plays for Man Utd . . . . . . .Fit or unfit, he would make the squad.

Do u care to know how many players represented the Premiership at the last world cup?
Would SAHA have made the French team if he was in a Swedish league?
Premiership players are regarded as important players when it comes to National call-ups.
Dont be surprised players like Evra, Anderson and all other youngsters would soon be representing their countries.
The English Prem wields more power these days u cannot just ignore it.

@ LOYIKA,
You can rant all u want.
The United team i saw on Sunday is the team to beat.
Arsenal only managed to win thanx to a Referee lending y'all a helping hand in Van Persie's penalty.
Lawrie Sanchez's comments might remind u what transpired on the day.
Gunners are bunch of tweeks.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 5:08pm On Aug 13, 2007
DSTV has no GRADE A rights to the Premiership again in Nigeria.
They have been downgraded to Grade B rights so they can only show just 2 matches in a week.
HITV has the Grade A rights now and i heard they are entitled to show 6-8 matches every week.
I dunno how shit works in Nigeria but that was what i heard from me niggaz in Lagos.
Everyone is jumping boat now so get HITV before its too late.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by yazid(m): 5:09pm On Aug 13, 2007
hello
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by doyin13(m): 5:10pm On Aug 13, 2007
@Ruudie

This Doyen is saying that Tevez would make less of an impact than Rooney in the team.

Geddit
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by loyika(m): 5:18pm On Aug 13, 2007
Yeah jackal

Now its the Ref that helped us right Well the Ref should have helped you guys with a map to goal on sunday grin. I guess the Mendes goal against United for Spurs (way back when) was not a goal, cause the Ref did not see it, right SILLY SCUMMIES tongue

Jackal, THE KING OF EXCUSES grin KEEP THEM COMING grin Thank God Arsenal aren't playing Prem footie this midweek, or else you will keep refering to us in all your posts, whenever United play a "CLANGER!!" (Why is that!? ) , Hope all goes well against Pompey grin

http://www.premierleague.com/page/Headlines/0,,12306~1090315,00.html

Oh well, cry cry cry

cool GOONER 89
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by RuuDie(m): 5:20pm On Aug 13, 2007
doyin13:

@Ruudie

This Doyen is saying that Tevez would make less of an impact than Rooney in the team.

Geddit

well man. . .  i disagree with u on d'is one. . .  even u would make considerable impact out there in front for Man UTD!  grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by amodu(m): 5:44pm On Aug 13, 2007
Am not online now, the messenger on my PC is corrupt and has been uninstall.

Jackal stop giving excuses, you fail to get three points from them and they are able to get a point from you.

Wait till Wednesday and see how we will teach them a lesson you have failed to do. tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by 9ja4eva: 6:31pm On Aug 13, 2007
Wednesday would be a diffferent story cos Reading would whoop your a*$&.

Reading to win that match

For Pompey we have Tevez
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by 9ja4eva: 6:34pm On Aug 13, 2007
VDS

Bardsley    Ferdinand       Vidic         Evra

Ronaldo   Hargreaves    Carrick    Nani

Scholes
               Tevez

Bench: Kuz, Anderson, Dong, O'Shea, Pique & Giggs

Scatter Pompey with this.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Abium: 10:19pm On Aug 13, 2007
@ 9ja4eva
great formation u gat but sir alex may try a formation whic will prone a kind of counter attack. i bet u We will show POMPEY the stuff we are made of come wednesday
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Abium: 10:27pm On Aug 13, 2007
I know we got Rooney injured but with tevez coming in as a substitute, there is a chance for us to fight back

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 11:29pm On Aug 13, 2007
@ Abium,

Did u say there's a chance to fight back?
C'mon . . . . . . . . U must value Man United so low to say we have a chance.
Man United will roar back with style.
Tevez, Owen, Nani and Anderson will all feature against Pompey.
I dont really see why we won't get back to the pole position if we WIN the next 2 games.
Liverpool cross swords with Chelsea on Sunday. The 2 teams cant cop 3 points each from the game.
There's a possibility they cancel each other out . . . . . . .Chelsea lost 2-0 the last time they visited Anfield.

Arsenal/Liverpool would be in Europe during the mid-week and will play catch-up by the time they come back.
One match in hand will condemn em below Man Utd on the table until both teams play it and WIN it.
It is imperative Ferguson rallies his boys to win the next 2 games . . . anything short of that is CATASTROPHIC.
Wazza should be back btw 4-6 weeks and i think he would make Man Utd V Chelsea game on Sep. 22nd
2 points aint a big deal in the 1st game but United must start winning ASAP.
Titles are not WON in August but they can be LOST. wink wink wink wink wink

UP UNITED.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by diphor: 11:35pm On Aug 13, 2007
it's ok say whatever u wanna say but i care less about u coming up or going down but I'm sure if u get to ur best position it will be right after before chelsea.Anyway second is ok for u.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Abium: 11:47pm On Aug 13, 2007
@ Jackal, hey man!! i like your spirit naybe i will hold on to dat
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by 9ja4eva: 11:53pm On Aug 13, 2007
Jackal:

@ Abium,

Did u say there's a chance to fight back?
C'mon . . . . . . . . You must value Man United so low to say we have a chance.
Man United will roar back with style.
Tevez, Owen, Nani and Anderson will all feature against Pompey.
I don't really see why we won't get back to the pole position if we WIN the next 2 games.
Liverpool cross swords with Chelsea on Sunday. The 2 teams can't cop 3 points each from the game.
There's a possibility they cancel each other out . . . . . . .Chelsea lost 2-0 the last time they visited Anfield.

Arsenal/Liverpool would be in Europe during the mid-week and will play catch-up by the time they come back.
One match in hand will condemn em below Man Utd on the table until both teams play it and WIN it.
It is imperative Ferguson rallies his boys to win the next 2 games . . . anything short of that is CATASTROPHIC.
Wazza should be back between 4-6 weeks and i think he would make Man Utd V Chelsea game on Sep. 22nd
2 points aint a big deal in the 1st game but United must start winning ASAP.
Titles are not WON in August but they can be LOST. wink wink wink wink wink

UP UNITED.

Well said.

Reading should beat Chelksi on Wednesday.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Mustay(m): 4:23am On Aug 14, 2007
Yeah Reading should beat chelsea in only unRead newspapers!
Make una go sit down jo. blue rules
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by coolkaboom(m): 8:38am On Aug 14, 2007
Mustay:

Yeah Reading should beat chelsea in only unRead newspapers!
Make una go sit down jo. blue rules

who de yann this blasphemy.reading ko, bleeding ni.if u think reading can stop d blue machine, u need to have ur head examined.we know reading very well, so there will be no surprises.we'll squash em like ants and beat them silly.

after the match, we'll take em all out for drinks as a thank u gesture 4 killing "roon d loon."
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Razorr(f): 8:45am On Aug 14, 2007
Manscum's newest sensation!

All hail Shrek's great friend, popularly known as donkey! grin cheesy

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Razorr(f): 8:47am On Aug 14, 2007
WOW!

Manscum now has both shrek and Donkey!

Oh ma dayzzzzzzzzzzzzz grin grin

I just hope I don't get to see donkey cry. Shrek was bad enough, this one could give me nightmares. embarassed
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by amodu(m): 9:26am On Aug 14, 2007
jackal you have started again.

You haven't learn from your last prediction by saying Chelsea will draw with Birmingham and United will smash Reading 4nil which didn't true.

now you are back with fake prediction, how on earth can the Blues falls in Reading's hand, stop all this because it may result in something bad for manyoo as it has happen in the first match.

Chelsea is like a rock and if a egg is throw on to a rock, what happens to the egg, it will surely break. Stop wishing us bad luck.

We shall see on Wednesday.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by toba1909(m): 10:09am On Aug 14, 2007
@ Muks,

We are monitoring Rooney's situation.
I am glued to MUTV to get the latest gists.
Cant believe that innocuous tackle from the Reading player bleeped Wazza up.
The new boots should be blamed for this horrible injury. No protection, just flashy shytes.
Anyways, i trust Wazza to come back before Chelski's game.

A beg no lie say na booth, Nike has this to say.

NIKE DEFEND BOOT AFTER ROONEY INJURY

Nike insist the design of their boots had "nothing to do with" Wayne Rooney's latest foot injury.The Manchester United and England striker faces two months on the sidelines after suffering a hairline fracture of his left foot during the clash with Reading on Sunday, the third time since 2004 he has suffered injuries to his feet.

Charlie Brooks, head of corporate communications for Nike UK, told Channel 4 News: "He himself is personally absolutely confident, as we are, that the boot had nothing to do with his injury."

He added: "Nearly 20% of the professional players in the Premier league this weekend were wearing this boot.

"I think it is a boot that stands up to all kinds of testing, and stands up to on-pitch demand. I think what happened to Wayne is an unfortunate football injury.

"When we were developing this boot we worked extensively with Wayne. He was part of the development testing process. He went over to our headquarters in the United States and he tested the boot extensively over there."

Curled from www.eurosport.yahoo.com.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 10:47am On Aug 14, 2007
@ 9ja4eva,

To be honest, I think Chelsea will beat Reading like 5-0.
U shouldn't expect Reading to pull off that defensive brilliance again within few days.
I am so sure Reading players would be knackered by now as the United game must have taken its toll on 'em.
No team can play the way Reading played every matchday. Its a huge ask.
U heard what Hanemann said . . . . . .He said i think i must have lost 2 stones in weight after the game.

Meanwhile, remember when Man Utd stopped Arsenal's unbeaten run . . . . . .They went to Pompey and lost by 2-0.
The Gunners game took the fire out of the United team and they were too ordinary to outwit Portsmouth.
Liverpool also pulled out a stellar performance to defeat the Gunners(04/05 season) with Alonso/Mellor goals.
The Scousers performance on the night is the best i have seen of Liverpool BUT they went on to pick just 3 points in the next 4 premiership matches.
Rafa Benitez concluded it was the fatigue they suffered while trying to outfox Arsenal.

So, I think Chelsea should ride over Reading FC but Liverpool's game on sunday is where Chelsea will drop points. . . . . .
United also have a tricky game against new-improved Eriksson's team and United must WIN.
Frankly speaking, everyone must start picking maximum points ASAP.
It might just go down the wire this season but i still know Chelsea + Man Utd have an edge over the other teams.
Strength in depth is what will kill the smaller teams in the long run.

UP UNITED.

(1) (2) (3) ... (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) ... (784)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.