Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,133 members, 7,849,551 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:19 AM

Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (234) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (501767 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (784) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 10:18pm On Aug 15, 2007
Allow us to gloat in peace now, I-man. I know there will be a revival sometime this season for you scummies, but Arsenal will be among the contenders right to the very end this time, we may not win, but we'll give the top 4 a run for their money. wink

anyways, most of this is directed at that bellicose Jackal always ejaculating prematurely over MU's performance, from the evidence so far I would assume he is as impotent as the MU strike force over the last 2 games grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Iman3(m): 10:18pm On Aug 15, 2007
somze:

This is like counting your eggs before they hatch.

Counting your eggs. . .is what they do at the Emirates.By this measure,Everton are title contenders and Spurs will be relegated.I seriously believe that these people started following the Premiership quite recently.

The flip side is that I have enough material to laugh my ass off when the season is in full swing.There is nothing better than seeing Gunners have to eat humble pie later in the season  grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by ulehj(m): 10:19pm On Aug 15, 2007
Now Manure are playing catch-up,what a brilliant start to
the new season.another loss to man city and i will be glad.
There is no way that Tevez will have an instant impact,and he
can't replace.
manure fans enjoy the gloomy week ahead.

Arsenal Rules!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by mukina2: 10:21pm On Aug 15, 2007
I-man  

remember when we started last season like this grin

you all said more than what we are saying now grin

abeg go siddon for corner grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 10:25pm On Aug 15, 2007
Muki tell them jare, some muppets were telling us about how arsenal will be relegated. grin grin

pls let us enjoy our gloating for now cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Razorr(f): 10:31pm On Aug 15, 2007
Boy o boy!

The gods of manure have deserted them. grin

You guys should sack faggotson. He's getting too old and running out of ideas. See what Mourinho did today. shocked He had just one centre back on the field and he made some brilliant changes that helped us win the game. That guy is a tactical genius. cool grin

You guys should beg us to borrow you Mourinho for a few games. grin cheesy

Oh ma dayzzzzzzzzzzz. . . What a day! grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 10:34pm On Aug 15, 2007
@ I-man,

Dont mind all these fuckeries.
Ronaldo off for 3 matches and Wazza off till late September.
I think Ferguson should wield his influence once more and land a centre-forward.
How do we replace Ronaldo and Rooney in these days of turmoil?

Tevez for Rooney. . . . . .
Nani for Ronaldo and then what?
Anderson? This is not looking good for Man Utd but its not a loss.
Its still early days.

Chelsea cannot win 38 games in the season, some matches have to be drawn.
Arsenal cant win 38 games all season, matches wld be lost and drawn.
Man Utd . . . . . . . .Show the grit and determination u are known for.
NANI, ANDERSON, GIGGS, SCHOLES AND TEVEZ against Man City?
Bloody Hell . . . . . . . .I see another draw beckoning.

@ Debosky,

You are just a silly pig trying to get noticed.
United played 1-1 draw and so fucking what?
Dude, stop this INSANEOPATH attitude of urs, u r starting to reek like a diseased pussy.
I read ur last comments and i had to agree your incompetence exceeds safe human levels.
Stop acting like a geezer exhibiting mind-boggling STUPIDITY.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Razorr(f): 10:34pm On Aug 15, 2007
Wait a minute!

I'm just hearing that it was a headbutt that got Ronaldo sent off! shocked

I hope the FA suspends him for two months! grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Razorr(f): 10:37pm On Aug 15, 2007
Damn!

This is the same Reading that manscum couldn't beat at Old Trafford even when they were playing with ten men! shocked

Chelsea beat this same team without our two major Center backs and in horrendous weather conditions! shocked

The era of manscum is definitely over!

You guys are F'ucked! tongue grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by mukina2: 10:44pm On Aug 15, 2007
Debo the thread is quiet o grin

Ronaldo grin is Zizou o grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 10:45pm On Aug 15, 2007
Jackal and I-man, despite your attempts to appear unruffled, the patent disappointment is difficult to disguise

no one is saying Arsenal, Chelsea or Liverpool will win all 38 matches, but you know its MU's electric start to last season that was the main driving force in carrying them through to the title - they led for so long that they became determined not to let go of that lead.

now the reverse is the case - playing catch up after just 2 games and worse - not scoring freely. quite worrisome indeed, not to mention Rooney's extended absence.

Even though we all know MU has too much quality to remain in this state, but its a few vital points that determine where the premiership crown goes, just hope and pray that these 4 points are not them wink
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by jejelolatu(f): 10:48pm On Aug 15, 2007
seriously thou,re there good options,its bad enuf dat u wd be missin rooney nw also ronaldo.me thinks added 2 consecutive draws,d players re bound 2 be psycologicaly affected.this is.a.grand oportunity 4 fergie 2 show d stuf hes made of.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Iman3(m): 10:52pm On Aug 15, 2007
@Debo
We have had seasons were we had electric starts and won nothing-97/98,03/04 and 05/06.We have also had slow starts were we won at the end-98/99,02/03. So just having a good start to a season tells us nothing either way.

Whatever happens,we know for certain that the Gunners won't be challenging for the league come winter  grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 10:55pm On Aug 15, 2007
I-man:

Whatever happens,we know for certain that the Gunners won't be challenging for the league come winter grin

I have quoted you in return, and we'll see who has the last laugh wink
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by doyin13(m): 10:58pm On Aug 15, 2007
Come y nobody give credit to Utaka now?

The boy bad men.

I never used to like the premiership cause I thot the smaller teams,
used to lie down and die for the big teams esp Man U.

But with people like Utaka, I will stop watching La Liga

Up POMPEY.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 11:07pm On Aug 15, 2007
@ Jejelolatu,

God bless u for those remarks. . . . . .
I am kind of impressed that those statement came from the lips of a female.
Now i know better that some chics are more intelligent than some fellas.

Granted, its a poor start for Man United because this time last season we were 6 points clear and coasting.
As it is we have lost 4 points . . . . . .More than a defeat but its not catastrophic as it is still early days.
Its not exactly panic stations just yet.
All that said, Man United needs to start scoring ASAP and picking em points.
Ronaldo + Rooney are the most potent combo in the league and too bad they will both be missing for several games.
How would Ferguson cope . . . . . .Its a question i cannot even answer right now.

The only thing i know is just like Mourinho is a dangerous cat when cornered . . . .Ferguson is a Liger when caged.
Maybe Ferguson will throw in SAHA and SOLSKJAER early to close shop and start scoring for us.
TEVEZ + NANI had a wonderful game and i am impressed with em performance.
Its not totally bleak for United but time is ticking away.
Yes, the title cannot be won in August but it can be lost.
One thing though . . . . . . .Man Utd will finish above Arsenal come MAY 2008.
There's enough quality in the team to mount a serious challenge so all hope aint lost.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by doyin13(m): 2:20am On Aug 16, 2007
I guess both of them will have more time for this

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by kitaun(m): 2:43am On Aug 16, 2007
Scum will always be scum . . . Shio to all shameless manure braggarts, early days ma foot!!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 6:31am On Aug 16, 2007
@ KIT,

Look at the words coming outta the mouth of a football buff like u . . . . . .
Shame on ya and ur dirty clout.
Keep an eye on your lip, watch ur mouth.
Its only 2 games and our main rivals play Liverpool in the 1st head to head clash of the season.
Maybe Liverpool and Chelsea would bag 3 points each playing one anutha, Use ur head and think.
Its still earlyy days . . . . . , , . . . . . . .every team would still draw, win and still lose unless u think Arsenal would win 38 games in a trot.
Anyways, ur myopic views can lead u to believe such.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by lordimpaq(m): 6:47am On Aug 16, 2007
@jackal.

am not surprised this is coming from you.

when arsenal played last season and we drew our first match and lost the second match to mancity,

wat did u say, when the gunners said early days, u said the exact thing kitaun said,

so why r u now saying its early days yet, although its true, but it'll come back to haunt u guys,
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 7:09am On Aug 16, 2007
The difference here is United didnt lose after 2 matches.
United is not playing badly like Arsenal did last season.
The snag is United cannot convert chances to earn 3 points so stop comparing United to Arsenal.
This time last season, Gunners had HENRY and everyone playing but couldnt win.
United has lost Wayne, and the new boys are just fitting into the frame.

2 draws is nothing to shout about, there are 36 odd games to go and a very long hard winter.
United don't play consistently till the winter so lets see what pans out.
If Chelsea loses or draws on Sunday and United wins then its a open race yet again.
Chelsea remains the only threat so its GAME ON.
I still think the race is between the Champions and Chelsea.
Others dont even come close.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by lordimpaq(m): 7:18am On Aug 16, 2007
@jackal

my post did not in any way show a comparison between arsenal and manutd,

don't get me wrong, after the first two matches last season we had 1 point, a draw and a loss,

and we did not play badly, we were just unlucky,

now u are complaining of a SNAG being the inability to convert chances into 3 points,

how many times did arsenal play draws, it was arsenal's inability to score and convert chances dat led to our 4 place in the last two seasons,

please bear in mind that this is not a comparison
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 7:29am On Aug 16, 2007
@ Lordimpaq,

The season has just started.
United is still struggling to start his strongest XI to win matches.
Wazza went out on his 1st outing and Ronaldo will be out for 3 games in the 2nd match.
The gods must be against Man United but there's still quality in that team to mount serious challenges.
ANDERSON and TEVEZ can start as strikers against MAN CITY with NANI and GIGGS manning the wings.

TEVEZ, a player many condemned wont make an impact at MAN UTD was the best player on the pitch bar SCHOLES.
Good link play, nice interchange and his work-rate was exemplary.
Pompey is United bogey team only one WIN in the last 5 outings at Fratton Park so its not really a disappointing result.
UNITED will start at Man City to try and assert themselves into title challengers on the day Chelsea might draw/lose.
The table will take shape again if Chelsea loses and United wins on sunday.
The only team i worry about out of all the teams above MAN UTD is CHELSEA because they wont drop so many points like others.

2 draws in the first 2 matches?
It was the exact way United started the 98/99 season(THE TREBLE SEASON).
2-2 draw against Leicester and 0-0 draw against West ham before hitting the gear against Charlton.
No Ronaldo, No Rooney but we got TEVEZ, NANI and ANDERSON.
Maybe its time to prove to knuckleheads that United is not a one-man team like people used to say.
Write United off at ur own peril!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We are READY for the derby against CITY on Sunday.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by lordimpaq(m): 8:23am On Aug 16, 2007
@jackal,

God help you guys on that day,

becos, city is not the same city u guys knew last season,

its a rejuvenated side,
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Banderas(m): 8:33am On Aug 16, 2007
This Bingo is tripping. Man U is 4 points behind Chelski. Dude, you're in BIG trouble, because you're now going to have to chase the rest of the season.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 8:41am On Aug 16, 2007
@ Lordi & Banderas,

You guys are talking soccer like u started watchin the Premiership yesterday.
Go and see the final league table of the Premiership since 1992 and tell me a team that won the Premiership without drawing 2 matches . . . . . . . . . .
Arsenal's unbeaten run in 2003/04 had 26 WINS and a STAGGERING 12 DRAWS, I repeat 12 DRAWS.
If Arsenal had started that season with 2 draws, knuckleheads like y'all would have predicted DOOM but they WON without losing a game.
Mourinho's 1st season(The highest points any Prem team has ever clinched) had 29 WINS and 8 DRAWS . . . . .

Man United is in trouble? They might relegate . . . . .They are in a big mess . . . . .Whats the panic?
United can still win the league with the standings on the league table . . . .30 WINS is still achievable.
29 WINS, 5 LOSSES AND 4 DRAWS is still achievable and WILL win this league so whats the hassle about?
United has not lost any game. . . . .They have not drawn 10 games and people are going ballistic.
If any of youse think the title has slipped away from United's hands at this stage then the person needs to have his head re-examined.
2 DRAWS is not reason enough to write any team off at this early stage.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by somze(f): 9:15am On Aug 16, 2007
Jackal
Chelsea does not have its strongest XI either, but like i've said before its way too early to jubilate. Look up the table and who do you see, Everton and Newcastle. Why dont their fans go out and party?

Dont take people here seriously, any one that happy with another teams loss now has little knowledge about how this things work.

However, your problem should be will Chelsea continue this wining run as it happened two seasons ago? Will ManU close the gap and reduce the chances for that to occur?

Like i said, its too early to tell, we would know nothing till December or thereabouts, well unless ManU keeps drawing these matches, which is very unlikely.

Sit back and watch the season, do not reply now to kids, real analysts know better.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Razorr(f): 9:21am On Aug 16, 2007
Somze, why don't you just come clean and confess to being a manure fan, and save us all your theatrics?

Is it you that's been licking Jackal's balls or is it Jackal that's been Licking your balls?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Banderas(m): 9:29am On Aug 16, 2007
Here's the thing - NOBODY has their full eleven at the moment within the big four. No, I'm not saying Manchester United is facing relegation - far from it. I'm quite sure that Manchester United is going to be among the top four again this season (afterall Sp*rs is propping up the table at the moment). I am however saying, and will keep saying that the title is slipping out of your fingers. Also, any loss of points by Manchester United makes the sun shine a bit brighter for me, so I will always be in a great mood when this happens.

But don't trivialise - your camp is in extreme disarray right now - so much for your strength in depth (oh Tevez, the wonderful Tevez, yet he couldn't stop man You from drawing against portsmouth)

It's also quite nice to see you eating humble pie, and counting the number of losses/draws that you can still sustain.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by nateevs(m): 9:36am On Aug 16, 2007
Razorr,

What Somze is trying to say is that whichever way you look at it, it is still too early to start making predictions. Although I share your emotions as well. I actually like the fact that their £60m cannot score goals, finds it hard to beat reading at home and draws with portsmouth.

I also like the fact that for once they can be on the side where things can go wrong even though they have potentials in their £60m and the psychology advantage of being champions.

When Chelsea complained of injury last season, they were screaming all over the place. Let's see what happens after the third round of matches. If chelsea wins and Man U loses. To me that is it. Their season is done.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by RuuDie(m): 9:43am On Aug 16, 2007
Guess we can safely say its curtains to the prem title. . . .  in all candidness, i don't think we'll ever be able play catch-up all season long and still win this one, expecially with Chelski firing on all cylinders !
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Razorr(f): 9:45am On Aug 16, 2007
Nateevs, you know what makes me so happy?  Let me tell you -

It's the fact that Ronaldo would miss 3 matches(or more grin).

Listen up, It was Ronaldo that helped them win the PREM last season and go far in the C/L. If Ronaldo has a bad day, manure if f'ucked! grin

Now imagine them without Ronaldo and Rooney. shocked Who's supposed to fill the huge gap Ronaldo would leave? Nani? grin

And they're playing City next. City that's fired up after her first two victories. City with the new Coach(Erikson) who is trying to prove a point. grin

The future just looks too bleak for scum at the moment. grin cool

At the moment, the PREM looks blue, with Manchester City, Chelsea and Everton leading the table. grin

Keep the faith. The future is blue! cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (784)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.