Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,012 members, 7,859,623 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 03:46 PM

Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (774) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (503250 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (771) (772) (773) (774) (775) (776) (777) ... (784) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 4:35pm On Nov 10, 2008
coded guy:

It definitely isn't, especially when we all know gaynners have a high tendency of loosing to the likes of Hull and stoke.

This 3points will mean nada if they continue to be inconsistent.

We are waiting for them at OT.

The fixtures made us look bad. . . . .
With the way Chelsea played last season and pushing United till the last day, who woulda realised Chelsea cop just one point AWAY from home against the BIG THREE?? They lost at OT and the Emirates and got an undeserving draw against Liverpool when Rob Styles awarded Chelsea a phantom penalty.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 4:37pm On Nov 10, 2008
It's a matter of time. . . . . .The last time Arsenal trounced us at the Emirates, we won the league.
United would beat all of em at OT!!!! Old Trafford is a fortress and for that i am confident this loss ain't catastrophic.

abi o my guy
Now im praying everyday for Chelsea and Pool to lose games
Im not bothered about Arsenals lead. Its NOTHING
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 4:41pm On Nov 10, 2008
tkb417:

abi o my guy
Now I'm praying everyday for Chelsea and Pool to lose games
I'm not bothered about Arsenals lead. Its NOTHING

Arsenal's LEAD??
If we play our GAME IN HAND, we would leapfrog Arsenal.
I dunno why the FA are delaying this game in hand. . . . . .
We might not play it until new year and with United playing in Tokyo next month, we would have 3-4 games in HAND.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 4:48pm On Nov 10, 2008
tkb
My response
He (Ronaldo) played well enough against Chelsea to miss a penalty at the crucial stage.And after scoring,he went missing.That's well.Our friend Mr. Dayokanu will refer to Euro 2008.How big an example is that?

I don't know what playing well means to you:if yu have 21 shots and can only score one,and in the 90th minute at best,(though that was a good goal) then I can't rejoice with you.

On Berbatov,he has to start justifying that price tag,and fast!!!Plain and simple.No matter how good you are,you're only as good as your last game.

On complacency&going for the kill,Did I watch the game?Don't mock me.Did we boss the game?No.Did we stifle the midfield?No.Did we do anything constructive with the ball?No.I rest my case.Did you expect to lose to Arsenal on the run of form they had?No.

On Fergie,he might be the most decorated coach around,but it doesn't mean we have to take every piece of garbage he shoves down our throats.Gary brought experience and a leaky right back,where Nasri made him look every day of his 33years.And you want me to bow down and Worship the great Sir Alex Ferguson.Was there not a difference when Rafael came on?I bet my life that Gary would never be able to score the goal the Brazilian did,even if he had 4 legs.

This debate is not about Chelsea,so stuff it.I'm talking about United,how off-colour we've been all season,and you're telling me about Chelsea.Who cares about  Chelsea?Fergie misses Quieroz,take it or leave it.If it takes a bitter loss to Arsenal to make me see it,the better for me.The sooner we all realise it,the better for us, You bring up the double Arsenal did over us in 06/07.From what I saw,Fergie gambled and lost especially at the Emirates.

And about Benitez,ask any Liverpool fan what they feel about him.He tinkers with his squad like a baby with toys.Is there any wonder why they haven't won the title?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 4:53pm On Nov 10, 2008
I will have to worry no matter how small
The team we played at the Emirates wasn't under strenght
Its just i am a tad worried by the defence. Rio doesn't seem to me all that solid
As he was last season. Evra didn't start his runs early enough
And well, the Gaynners 4-5-1 formation didn't help our play
But all in all, we got across. and its just Rooney that i feel like flogging remebering the chances he missed

Lawd I was miffed to the panties
I hope we begin our run of three points till we jet off to Japan
I can't stand any more loss or draw. And fergie should fashion out his best Starting Eleven

TKB
Been in the Gaynners flesh all weekend
They were running there fly killing bucal cavity all over the thread
But i put them in their places. Criz too.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 4:56pm On Nov 10, 2008
Eastbay:

tkb
My response
He (Ronaldo) played well enough against Chelsea to miss a penalty at the crucial stage.And after scoring,he went missing.That's well.Our friend Mr. Dayokanu will refer to Euro 2008.How big an example is that?

If he did not score against Chelsea, the match wouldn't have even gone to the extra time, let alone penaly shoot-out.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 5:02pm On Nov 10, 2008
Emperoh
i saw ur posts. u guys tried jare
Cristalz is already a thorn in their flesh

EastBay
Ok man. Of course u've got points but we should be wary of hasty generalizations/compliments
That team is stronger than what we had last season. Just be a bit patient. The coming back of Gary has dealt a huge blow to the balance in that defence and im sure SAF will deal with it.

Berba wil get better. The moments he blends well, then be rest assured our opponents will suffer
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 5:20pm On Nov 10, 2008
Eastbay,

Infact you are my favourite Manc.

Ronaldo and Big games? Oil and water dont mix.

A big player is needed when you meet Big teams. If man Utd play their 3rd team, they would beat half of the EPL team. its for the big games that you need your big players.

Go and check Zidane, Dinho and Messi ( El Classico), Kaka ( Champions League), Rivaldo, Ronaldo, Figo etc. Check how they perform in BIG games. Those are player of the year materials Check Ronaldo in Big Games. against barca wailed throughout, against Milan whined all the way, against Germany world cup and Euro cup was non existent, Against Italy piss-poor,

Stellar against Kazakhstan, Aston villa, Fulham, West ham and all the hams in this world.

Berbatov? That guy is so lazy and overrated reminds me of Kluivert always strolling around and trying not to get dirty. expecting everyone to play to his dictates never hustling for the ball.

Though football is not Mathematics but if Nasri should be bossing Ronaldo, berba, Rooney and those over rated twats in games then there are issues.

Rooney? What more can I say. If he wasnt blasting Rugby like in the first half, The result might have been different.

Gary might be old but the goals were not mainly his fault. A deflection was unfortunate but the second goal, the move, where where the central defenders particularly Ferdinand when Nasri had acres for even a cocoa plantation to stroll through?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 5:22pm On Nov 10, 2008
And that justifies his miss,abi?
The response I was expecting was big players can miss a spot kick.
But that's by the way.
He's not giving us his best.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by nyabinghi(m): 5:30pm On Nov 10, 2008
United gotta start panicking now. We are too far behind in terms of goals difference. To be back on track we have to be ruthless score goals like we used to do. We currently have 20 goals in 11 games that is way below lasts season. berba should play as a sub in our next 3 games till he learns the ethics of old trafford
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 5:41pm On Nov 10, 2008
Dayokanu,
As a Manc,the truth is bitter,but it must be said.
I got very pissed on Saturday.No disrespect to the Gunners,they earned their victory,but prior to the game,there was absolutely NO WAY I expected to lose that game.
And I stand by my words.No taking back any of them.If I realise we are off-colour,it's my opinion.
For some half-assed United fan who calls me plastic;that's your gutless problem.If you cannot look the truth in the eye and say what you see,then I'm sorry for you.For all I know,no one who calls him or herself a United fan on this thread is more United than I am.
And that second goal you mentioned:it's part of the complacency I'm talking about.Rio believes he doesn't need to tackle to win the ball.Evra decides to make his usually mis-timed runs when he feels like.Gary:means Go And Retire Yourself.
Berbatov.No further comment.It's amazing someone tried to compare him with Cantona.I'm sure Eric the Red is seething watching this spineless toothpick lumber his way in a number 9 jersey.

You don't pay for a striker with 30 million and wait for him to blend.If it was Steven Worgu,I could understand.I repeat:He Has To Start scoring!
I rest my case
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 5:43pm On Nov 10, 2008
Dayokanu,
As a Manc,the truth is bitter,but it must be said.
I got very pissed on Saturday.No disrespect to the Gunners,they earned their victory,but prior to the game,there was absolutely NO WAY I expected to lose that game.
And I stand by my words.No taking back any of them.If I realise we are off-colour,it's my opinion.
For some half-assed United fan who calls me plastic;that's your gutless problem.If you cannot look the truth in the eye and say what you see,then I'm sorry for you.For all I know,no one who calls him or herself a United fan on this thread is more United than I am.
And that second goal you mentioned:it's part of the complacency I'm talking about.Rio believes he doesn't need to tackle to win the ball.Evra decides to make his usually mis-timed runs when he feels like.Gary:means Go And Retire Yourself.
Berbatov.No further comment.It's amazing someone tried to compare him with Cantona.I'm sure Eric the Red is seething watching this spineless toothpick lumber his way in a number 9 jersey.

You don't pay for a striker with 30 million and wait for him to blend.If it was Steven Worgu,I could understand.I repeat:He Has To Start scoring!
I rest my case
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 6:02pm On Nov 10, 2008
Berbatov is a very lazy player Even Bulgaria is tired of him See this excerpt

Berbatov, in particular, has been slammed for his poor performances and there are rumours in Bulgaria that the United man could quit international football.

Boss Plamen Markov slaughtered Berba after the shock midweek draw with Group Eight underdogs Georgia.

Markov said: “Berbatov was very far from his real qualities. If somebody doesn’t want to play for Bulgaria he will not be picked.”

Even Berba said: [b]“I played very poorly.”

The United striker may now be dropped from next month’s friendly with Serbia.

His week had started badly after he came under fierce attack from Bulgarian FA vice-president Yordan Lechkov for running just 2km in Saturday’s game against Italy.

Gary played badly admitted, but he bears the brunt while others like Rooney, berba, Ronaldo and Ferdinand and left off lightly

Lechkov said: “Berbatov’s job is to score goals and Bulgaria to win games.

Berbatov ran just 2,000m against Italy [/b]when normally a player runs between 9,000 and 10,000m during 90 minutes. Berbatov is the captain and must lead the team, he has to give his best on the pitch.”

Goodness, he's so fucking lazy, that his interview consist of only 4 words.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 6:05pm On Nov 10, 2008
Eastbay:

And that justifies his miss,abi?
The response I was expecting was big players can miss a spot kick.
But that's by the way.
He's not giving us his best.

Any good player can miss from the spot. . . . .Who hasn't missed from the spot before??
Platini, Etoo, Messi, Henry, Zidane have all missed from the spot so forget about Moscow.
His goal took us to the penalty shoot-out in the first place.
Ronaldo has scored 6 goals in the league despite missing ONE FULL MONTH. . . .That is a testament to his greatness on the pitch.

Cristiano Ronaldo does not deliver in big games. . . . . .Yea right!!!
His goals got us to the UCL title scoring against Lyon, Roma and even Chelsea.
He scored against ALL the premiership teams last season bar Man City. . . . What else do u want?
Arsenal @ the Emirates was the only game he has started this season. . . .He didn't play against Liverpool and came on as a sub against Chelsea.
These teams would still come to OT so why judge him??

Messi this Messi that. . . . . . .Messi had 150 mins to score against Man Utd last season and he bottled it.
Where was Messi when Madrid trounced em 4-1 last season?? No league team can beat Man Utd 4-1 with Ronaldo playing.
A single loss to Arsenal and all of a sudden, United is crap and will not win anything this season.
We lost 5 games last season and still won. . . . .THE BIG 3 will all come to OT next year and receive their baptism of fire.
A true United fan should know better.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 6:26pm On Nov 10, 2008
So Lyon and Roma are your big teams now? Why not CFR Cluj and PSV?.

Where was Ronaldo against Barca? AC Milan? Germany? Arsenal? Whining as usual!!!! I cant remember one big game where Ronaldo lived up to his billing.

The Euro cup was supposed to be about him buy he flopped.

Check messi against chelsea, and the 3-3 El classico!! Not a ronaldo who flops but just roll on the floor whining against Big teams
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 6:34pm On Nov 10, 2008
now its Berbatov grin grin grin

First it was Rooney, later it was Scholes, now its Berbatov
he just likes to make silly points.

ur team is in relegation zone. Dont go and start asking why Werder thats bottom on d table in europe walloped u 5 goals at ur backyard!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 6:37pm On Nov 10, 2008
dayokanu:

So Lyon and Roma are your big teams now? Why not CFR Cluj and PSV?.

Lyon are the French Champions for the past 6 seasons.
If they are not a big team, Bayern Munich is not a big team. tongue

Where was Ronaldo against Barca? AC Milan? Germany? Arsenal? Whining as usual!!!! I can't remember one big game where Ronaldo lived up to his billing.

The Euro cup was supposed to be about him buy he flopped.

Check messi against chelsea, and the 3-3 El classico!! Not a ronaldo who flops but just roll on the floor whining against Big teams

The Chelsea team in Moscow were better than Barcelona and Ronaldo scored against em.
Cech is better than Valdes.
Terry is better than Puyol.
Carvalho is better than Milito.
If Ronaldo can outfox these good players, who the crap is Barcelona.

Messi did not score against Chelsea and benefited from Del Horno's red card. Ronaldo woulda done better in the same circumstance.
3-3 El Classico was rubbish. Letz talk about when Messi was fit and lost 4-1 to Real Madrid which ROMA spanked HOME and AWAY.
Messi is too inferior to Ronaldo.

@ tkb417,

Berbatov is lazy and he has scored 41 goals in 64 international games.
Klose has 44 in a staggering 86 games and Luca Toni has 15 goals in 41 international games.
This Berbatov must be very lazy to have a much better goal ratio than Bayern Munich's top strikers.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by superstar1(m): 6:48pm On Nov 10, 2008
everyone is talking as if we are in May of 2009 AD.
this is just november for your rememberance.
i told some chelski fans in my office to extend to lead to 12pts by dec 25th if they want to have any hope of wining the league.
Liverfools are outsiders and i am not recknoning with them.
Arsenal will still lose to the likes of stoke, fulham and hull city.
they are jumping around as if they have won the league,
i could understand, comingg from 3 matches played with minnows without a win.

fergie lost the match tactically, our midfield was zilch, he brought in tevez 15mts to the end of game,
our players were strolling and jogging on the field like the days of papa eagles (can u rem when Eagles started playing strolling soccer)
and rooney was not clinical enough.

it is not over yet, write us off at ur own peril.
if we beat fulham(our outstanding) we shall be 2pts ahead of assnal and 5pts away from roman army and kops.
we are still within distance.we have done it before, we will do it again.

in the spirit of Obamania, i say  YES WE CAN
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 6:51pm On Nov 10, 2008
Sauron
yeah, if thats what they call lazy, then ill prefer us to buy more of them

my guy, im seeing the highlights of the weekend games now
bros, did u see what Saha is doing in Everton? chei!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 6:56pm On Nov 10, 2008
superstar1:

fergie lost the match tactically, our midfield was zilch, he brought in tevez 15mts to the end of game,
our players were strolling and jogging on the field like the days of papa eagles (can u rem when Eagles started playing strolling soccer)
and rooney was not clinical enough.

I disagree with you.
Man Utd lost the game because we didn't make it count when we were pressing Arsenal in the first half.
Had Rooney scored or had Ronaldo buried his chance from 6 yards(after Nasri's 2nd goal), wwe woulda copped a draw or even win.
Go and check the stats. . . . .21 attempts on goal as an away team, we bossed possession and even shots on goal.
We needed a break/luck immediately after their 2nd goal but we didn't get it. . . . .That was the cause of the loss.

it is not over yet, write us off at ur own peril.
if we beat fulham(our outstanding) we shall be 2pts ahead of assnal and 5pts away from roman army and kops.
we are still within distance.we have done it before, we will do it again.

in the spirit of Obamania, i say YES WE CAN

How can it be over in November with just 5 points behind the league leaders(if we win the game in hand).
Arsenal were 5 points clear when we got trounced by Ci-thai in february(last season) and we still won.
5 points difference can diffuse in one week of 2 bad games.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 6:59pm On Nov 10, 2008
PSV has won 7 in the last 9 eredivisie means they are a Big team?

Berbatov is lazy and he has scored 41 goals in 64 international games.
Klose has 44 in a staggering 86 games and Luca Toni has 15 goals in 41 international games.
This Berbatov must be very lazy to have a much better goal ratio than Bayern Munich's top strikers.

You anger should be directed at the Bulgarian coach who said it, Berbatov who agreed and the stats which showed him strolling 2000m in 90 minutes of football.

Its not about the goal you score. Fletcher has scored against Cech and chelsea at their prime its about the performance. i just cant see where he was against Milan, Germany(Arne friedrich) and barca.

@TKB,
I am sorry for the drunken life you lead! how can a young man be drunk perpetually? You are never sober!

Bayern in relegation zone? Then you need serious prayers I dont think this is funny any longer.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by nyabinghi(m): 7:10pm On Nov 10, 2008
eastbay,

You have tried jare. People don't follow the truth
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 7:14pm On Nov 10, 2008
@TKB,
I am sorry for the drunken life you lead! how can a young man be drunk perpetually? You are never sober!

Bayern in relegation zone? Then you need serious prayers I don't think this is funny any longer.

disgraceful idiot who cannot reason is questioning how i spend my money. Spending money on Henney is better than shagging harlots innit?
Bayern is in relegation zone, if it bites then die

u berra go make money and stop complaining how rich people live
asswipe!!! Berba this, Rooney that, dont u have time to think
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 7:15pm On Nov 10, 2008
dayokanu:

How many times in those years have they scaled past the group stages in the UCL.

You anger should be directed at the Bulgarian coach who said it, Berbatov who agreed and the stats which showed him strolling 2000m in 90 minutes of football.

Lazy or not lazy. . . . .He has a better goal ratio than Bayern's top strikers.
Since his move to England, he has scored 23 goals in every season which goes to show he is not lazy.

Its not about the goal you score. Fletcher has scored against Cech and chelsea at their prime its about the performance. i just can't see where he was against Milan, Germany(Arne friedrich) and barca.

If it's about performance, he has raised the bar for any midfielder/winger in Europe.
Ronaldo is the most creative player in the Premiership as far as goals/assists are concerned. He scored against 18 premier league teams last season.
He scored against Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal. There are no matches bigger than that in Europe.
Ronaldo is consistent. He missed one month of Premiership action and he has outscored Adebayor and Torres who are hot strikers in the league.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 7:21pm On Nov 10, 2008
dayokanu:

Its not about the goal you score. Fletcher has scored against Cech and chelsea at their prime its about the performance. i just can't see where he was against Milan, Germany(Arne friedrich) and barca.

Unbelievable. . .you blatantly criticize the man, and when the stats are thrown in your face you say ''direct your anger at the Bulgarian coach who said it'' like you didn't give your personal opinions at all grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 7:27pm On Nov 10, 2008
Cristalz:

Unbelievable. . .you blatantly criticize the man, and when the stats are thrown in your face you say ''direct your anger at the Bulgarian coach who said it'' like you didn't give your personal opinions at all grin

Just ignore Dayokanu. . . . . . .If he had checked Berba's stats, he wouldn't have said Berbatov is lazy.
Thierry Henry(The hope of France) has 48 goals in 107 appearances.
Berbatov's international record makes Henry look like a pub striker and Monsieur Dayokanu thinks Berba is lazy.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 7:32pm On Nov 10, 2008
Honestly eastbay, I wonder why you support United at all undecided . You view the right things,true, but you view 'em with jaded eyes sometimes.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 7:43pm On Nov 10, 2008
Any objective analyst would now Berbatov is lazy.

The Bulgarian coach Markov said he is lazy with evidence.

FA vice president Iordan Lechkov said berba is lazy

Berba agrees he is poor

Stats showed he did 2000m in 90 minutes.

So why are you spewing over dayokanu who just quoted their statements?

OK TKB, I have taken it upon myself to bring you out of this abyss I cant watch you destroying your life with alcohol.

Bayern is in relegation zone i am sure you don't know bayerns league position. For now its better than Man utd leagues position!!!!!!!

Check your facts this is not "Swe bar" or "News cafe" where you can say anything under the influence!!!

@ sauron,
PSV played the UCL semi finals some years back losing narrowly to AC Milan. This is better than anything Lyon has achieved in their history!!!

not forgetting that PSV have won the cup i the past
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 7:52pm On Nov 10, 2008
dayokanu:

Any objective analyst would now Berbatov is lazy.

The Bulgarian coach Markov said he is lazy with evidence.

FA vice president Iordan Lechkov said berba is lazy

Berba agrees he is poor

Stats showed he did 2000m in 90 minutes.

So why are you spewing over dayokanu who just quoted their statements?

His laziness got him 23 goals each in the last 2 seasons for Tottenham.
41 goals in 64 international games for Bulgaria.
I would rather have such a lazy player in ma team than the huffing and puffing ones.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 8:01pm On Nov 10, 2008
Dayo
Newscafe is a berra place than those brothels in downtown Chicago
idiot
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 8:08pm On Nov 10, 2008
@Sauron,

Tell that to Markov and Lechkov who saw him crawl 2000m in 90 minutes
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 8:16pm On Nov 10, 2008
yes he crawls and scores!!!
we want him

shebi ur own strikers fly b4 they score?

(1) (2) (3) ... (771) (772) (773) (774) (775) (776) (777) ... (784)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.