Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,140 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:00 AM

.:: Vmail ::. The New Vmobile Mail Service - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / .:: Vmail ::. The New Vmobile Mail Service (3662 Views)

Is This A Scam Mail (from A Whatsapp Friend) / How To Create Yahoo Mail With Phone / Mtn Customers Care Dont Know The Code For Call Divert To Voice Mail. Shame! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

.:: Vmail ::. The New Vmobile Mail Service by rufaai(m): 9:41am On Sep 14, 2005
Hey All,

I've it and want to share it with people...

Vmobile is now out with a new service called Vmail, a special service that allows you to send text 2 email... Its fun.

Vmail details:

If you want to send an email using your Vmobile line, just send a text starting with the letters EM followed by the email address, then the # key, Leave a space and type your message. send the text to 3000.
1 SMS (160 characters) including the email address is charged at N20 per SMS

Example:-

Type: EM name@domain.com# hello, how are you doing? I am send this text from my mobile. Its fun.

Send to: 3000 30000

Remember: every email is charged at N20 per SMS (160 characters including the email address)
Re: .:: Vmail ::. The New Vmobile Mail Service by FOD(m): 11:02am On Sep 14, 2005
I have tried that once and it didn't work...though, it was sent to 30000, which is what I was given by the Vmobile Operators. Rufai, u work for Vmobile?
Re: .:: Vmail ::. The New Vmobile Mail Service by Seun(m): 11:05am On Sep 14, 2005
FOD, can you try 3000 instead of 30000? 30000

Is there a way to reply e-mails sent from the Vmobile network using this new Vmail service? Is there a way to recieve emails via SMS?
Re: .:: Vmail ::. The New Vmobile Mail Service by legs(f): 7:31am On Sep 15, 2005
yes what i would also like to know is if you can check your email with this service or is it restricted to just sending mails?
Re: .:: Vmail ::. The New Vmobile Mail Service by cushman(m): 4:48pm On Sep 15, 2005
The short code number is 30000 and not 3000.
It worked for me though
Re: .:: Vmail ::. The New Vmobile Mail Service by whiteshark(m): 4:24am On Sep 16, 2005
No yawa, will try it and let u guys know.. I thinks its fun though but expensive service. Much Love
Re: .:: Vmail ::. The New Vmobile Mail Service by Adetola(m): 1:12pm On Sep 16, 2005
I have tried it and it worked. Only that you cannot send pictures, sounds etc. It is plainly text. But i think its good. You don't even have to use wap. and it is just 20 bucks.
Re: .:: Vmail ::. The New Vmobile Mail Service by otokx(m): 5:37pm On Sep 19, 2005
i have tried sending a mail to 3000 and it did not work
Re: .:: Vmail ::. The New Vmobile Mail Service by cushman(m): 5:55pm On Sep 19, 2005
Otokx, why not try 30000
Re: .:: Vmail ::. The New Vmobile Mail Service by FOD(m): 12:28pm On Sep 21, 2005
At long last, it worked - the code is 30000. But u know what, it took like 3days to get into my mailbox. I think it was held up by traffic grin.
Re: .:: Vmail ::. The New Vmobile Mail Service by Colex: 11:02am On Aug 28, 2007
Why send a message to email while u cn send a msg to mobile number and b nairas short.20 to 15 is a long way distance ,dnt u think so fellas?
Re: .:: Vmail ::. The New Vmobile Mail Service by Colex: 11:03am On Aug 28, 2007
Why send a message to email while u cn send a msg to mobile number and b nairas short.20 to 15 is a long way distance ,dnt u think so fellas?

(1) (Reply)

Glo Solutions, Overload And Others / When U Thought U Have Seen It All. Here Is A Phone With 3 Hidden Pop-up Cameras / Attention To All INFINIX Users - Must Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.