Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,192 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

A Question For Those Of All Faiths - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Question For Those Of All Faiths (1465 Views)

Can Christians Really Be Friends And Connect With Those Of Other Faiths? / Is God Unfair To Those Raised In Other Faiths? Muslim View Point / Stop The Attacks On Other Faiths! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Question For Those Of All Faiths by drrionelli(m): 10:54pm On Sep 28, 2008
A term of "connection" to Christians in the US is "God Bless You!" It wishes, of course, nothing but the best for those at whom it is directed.

Are there such phrases that are common to other faiths? For example, if I'm addressing a Muslim--is there something akin to "God Bless You!" that I would say to a Muslim? What about a Buddhist? Or any other faith?

Nigeria is so richly diverse that I thought it would be a good place to direct the question.

Thank you in advance for your input.
Re: A Question For Those Of All Faiths by debosky(m): 10:58pm On Sep 28, 2008
I may be mistaken, but I think the Jews use 'Shalom' which means peace as their own form of 'connection'

Muslims probably have a larger variety such as 'Asalam Alaiykum' (spelling?), which has something to do with peace as well. Northerners/Hausas use Sannu - which I don't think is directly linked to any religion as such
Re: A Question For Those Of All Faiths by drrionelli(m): 7:08pm On Oct 01, 2008
Thank you, debosky! Your input is much appreciated and helpful, as well! BTW what does "Sannu" mean?

Others?
Re: A Question For Those Of All Faiths by IDINRETE: 9:42am On Oct 02, 2008
There is a greeting of aboru aboye and the reply of aboye bosise ogbo ato asure Ela iwori wofun of the yoruba faith wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink
Re: A Question For Those Of All Faiths by reindeer: 9:56pm On Oct 03, 2008
in english please,

(1) (Reply)

Religion Will Destroy Nigerians. No God Will Save You! / Cancelled: The Tithe ! / Is Homosexuality Allowed In Christianity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.