Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,825 members, 7,824,441 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

Why do Fathers Love their Daughters More & Mothers their Sons? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why do Fathers Love their Daughters More & Mothers their Sons? (73221 Views)

Nigerian Parents And Their Daughters: Hilarious Photo Of The Day / Why Do Fathers Like Calling Their Kids By Their Native Name? / Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons About Women. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why do Fathers Love their Daughters More & Mothers their Sons? by Sissy3(f): 9:03pm On May 22, 2009
though not always true or the case every time however, i guess some gals like their dads better cuz they are usually the ones who spoils them "daddys gurl" some dads dnt usually question every spending their daughters do unlike some moms. so some gals prefer that kinda lifestyles. some dads give easily while some moms likes to ask for every details of the spending and sometimes you have to do sometimes b4 u get sometimes undecided
Re: Why do Fathers Love their Daughters More & Mothers their Sons? by generals12: 9:30pm On Oct 26, 2010
I think it's almost like a competitiveness between the guys in the house.
I noticed once my (half) brother got older (13-14 years old) my step dad and him started fighting and arguing over pointless things.
On the other hand, my sisters have always been close to my step father.
My brother is/ has always been close with my mother, because he is the only son in the house hold, it's almost like their competing for my mothers love/ attention, even though she loves/ respects us all the same.
My step dad insists on laying down the law with my brother, but my sisters could almost get away with anything. (I stayed in my room most of my time living home, hardly talking to anyone in the house. I mainly observed.)
Sometimes I think my step dad was only strict with my brother because he wanted him to be respectful of women and to act like a kind young gentleman. (Which, now, he is respectful to everyone and is a gentleman to his girlfriends, and respects his friends and their family.)
My brother would probably much rather hang out with my mom than his dad because my mom was very laid back with him and never raised her voice with him. I think both parents love their children all the same, but the parents reactions to their kids misbehaiving, or even behaiving, reflects who their children would rather be with.
So I think why daughters hang out with their fathers more and why mothers hang on with ther sons more, is simply because of competitivness also, oppisites attract.
Re: Why do Fathers Love their Daughters More & Mothers their Sons? by Loveaflame(m): 9:36pm On Oct 27, 2010
It all depends on how we are brought up.
Re: Why do Fathers Love their Daughters More & Mothers their Sons? by Atreides(f): 6:57pm On Jan 03, 2011
I think there's just a natural chemistry btw father and daughter. Most daughters(like me) get away with more things with their dads than their moms. Like my mom can be a policewoman-always looking for things ive done wrong while my dad just doesnt stress me as much. It depends on the individuals involved though,i have sisters who are closer to our mom than they are to our dad. Im a daddy's girl because i have more in common with my dad than i do with my mom. The downside of being a daddy's girl,however,is that as you grow older they get VERY over-protective.
Re: Why do Fathers Love their Daughters More & Mothers their Sons? by denny4ril: 9:49pm On Aug 06, 2011
cheesy this is a biological and natural response to natural programming, opposite attracts!
Re: Why do Fathers Love their Daughters More & Mothers their Sons? by Sberries: 1:13pm On Nov 10, 2012
DE-KING:
Fathers to Daughters and Mothers to Son. Why is this?

Sometimes I can't help observing this trend in most homes where the fathers love their baby girls more than the males and the mothers won't joke with their baby boys either. I've seen girls who will always say, "my dad this and my dad that" but only make mention of their mom once a while. On the other hand, the guys will say, "my mom this and that".

So I ask this amiable forumites, why is this so?

It's just normal.. The girls kinda reminds the dad of the younger and loving version of their wives, same to the mothers. That should do it!
Re: Why do Fathers Love their Daughters More & Mothers their Sons? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Nov 10, 2012
It's kinda wired isn't it.... my kids are glued to their Daddy too.... of course I do things with them too but come to think of it I have the same bond with my Daddy....he's on my speed dial .... I love that man die my hubby gets jealous sometimes grin
Re: Why do Fathers Love their Daughters More & Mothers their Sons? by Jasmeet96: 10:48am On Jul 15, 2015
Everyone have their own personal views. But as far as my views are concerned, I think this is the case because mothers usually have a feeling that they should give birth to a baby boy because it is a male dominating society and being females they know what challenges are faced by girls so they are more attached to their sons whereas, a father being a male knows what he goes through and see what girls face daily and he has a feeling of raising a daughter like a princess. A father would never taunt the prince of clothes he has purchased for his daughter but would do the opposite for his son because he understands the fragile state of a girls mind as he has already been with a lady; his wife for years and has realised that girls need more care and attention because they are emotionally very weak and all they want is just love.
Re: Why do Fathers Love their Daughters More & Mothers their Sons? by itstpia8: 2:33am On Nov 16, 2015
DEKING3:
Fathers to Daughters and Mothers to Son. Why is this?

Sometimes I can't help observing this trend in most homes where the fathers love their baby girls more than the males and the mothers won't joke with their baby boys either. I've seen girls who will always say, "my dad this and my dad that" but only make mention of their mom once a while. On the other hand, the guys will say, "my mom this and that".

So I ask this amiable forumites, why is this so?

you are mistaken. Many male nlers have stated over and over again that they prefer not to have female children.

In Nigeria, mothers might be more sentimental about their sons if they are stressed for not having a male child or they have a lot of girls.
Re: Why do Fathers Love their Daughters More & Mothers their Sons? by robertjkoenig: 7:58pm On Jun 26, 2016
The biological/reproductive importance of a female child is entirely different from the male off-spring's.

Male children (in general) roam and spread their seed: whereas females (not always) stay a little closer to home and are cared for as breeding stock.

A man loves his daughter as he loves his chattel property (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_property): but men (in general) understand that male children will leave.

Having said all that: the reader might enjoy Shakespeare's "King Lear" or the story of Galileo and his very special relationship with his daughter who was a cloistered nun.

Quantity words, as in the case of "more" and "less" love for a daughter vs a son don't work well. The difference between the love we have for our daughters vs our sons as is night vs day. But we treasure them both: don't we?

What we really need to do is to look at the big chunks of personality that are missing from men who don't have children. Then we must turn to our wives and thank them for letting us become fathers in the first place. Without our wives - when we die we turn to dust with no one to remember us.

See Gustav Pope's painting of King Lear's three daughters: which one would you love? Hmmm. See Trinidadian actor Don Warrington who just played King Lear in Manchester UK.

Re: Why do Fathers Love their Daughters More & Mothers their Sons? by bukatyne(f): 10:39am On Jun 27, 2016
itstpia8:

you are mistaken. Many male nlers have stated over and over again that they prefer not to have female children.

In Nigeria, mothers might be more sentimental about their sons if they are stressed for not having a male child or they have a lot of girls.
Re: Why do Fathers Love their Daughters More & Mothers their Sons? by slizylindy: 1:33pm On Jun 27, 2016
This is very common, although there are few exceptions.

Oedipus Complex explains this to some extent, you can read up on it.
Re: Why do Fathers Love their Daughters More & Mothers their Sons? by Nobody: 11:30pm On May 30, 2019
I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day. grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wife Storms Church, Scatters Husband's Wedding To Another Lady (Pictures) / 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... / He Is Your Son, But I Am Not Going For Any DNA Test. Wife Tells Husband(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.