Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,839 members, 7,820,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

Happy 48th Birthday To My Country, Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Happy 48th Birthday To My Country, Nigeria (5684 Views)

Minority Leader, Osun Assembly Dies On 48th Birthday / Forbes Names Okonjo-iweala Most Powerful Woman in Africa 48th in the World 2015 / Happy 48th Birthday Governor Amaechi. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Happy 48th Birthday To My Country, Nigeria by NegroNtns(m): 6:00pm On Oct 01, 2008
Hip! Hip!! Hip!!!, Hooraaayyyy!!!!
Re: Happy 48th Birthday To My Country, Nigeria by Ndipe(m): 10:59pm On Oct 01, 2008
Happy 48th Birthday to my beloved homeland, Nigeria!
Re: Happy 48th Birthday To My Country, Nigeria by RichyBlacK(m): 1:41am On Oct 02, 2008
Nigeria is 48!
Re: Happy 48th Birthday To My Country, Nigeria by QuotaSyste(m): 2:00am On Oct 02, 2008
Happy birthday for you and who? What are you celebrating? A fool at almost 50. Rubbish nonsense and ingredient!!! Ostrich with his head in the sand. Mcheeewwww.
Re: Happy 48th Birthday To My Country, Nigeria by plusQueen: 2:04am On Oct 02, 2008
a 48 year old wey still dey wear diaper.
that one na man?
Re: Happy 48th Birthday To My Country, Nigeria by bawomolo(m): 2:09am On Oct 02, 2008
nigeria is a She oo.
Re: Happy 48th Birthday To My Country, Nigeria by topup: 2:14am On Oct 02, 2008
Yey!
Re: Happy 48th Birthday To My Country, Nigeria by daragrams(m): 2:17am On Oct 02, 2008
nigeria is growing older, what do we have to show for this
Re: Happy 48th Birthday To My Country, Nigeria by Nobody: 2:18am On Oct 02, 2008
today was china's birthday too, china is 59 today, Happy birthday to China, Nigeria , hmmmnnnnnnnn, Nothing to be really happy about!
Re: Happy 48th Birthday To My Country, Nigeria by bawomolo(m): 2:22am On Oct 02, 2008
you should be happy you aren't being taxed to death or dominated by the British. freedom(no matter how little) is something to be happy about.
Re: Happy 48th Birthday To My Country, Nigeria by chessguru(m): 2:38am On Oct 02, 2008
happy indepentence day
Re: Happy 48th Birthday To My Country, Nigeria by QuotaSyste(m): 2:43am On Oct 02, 2008
bawomolo:

you should be happy you aren't being taxed to death or dominated by the British. freedom(no matter how little) is something to be happy about.
Can you for sure stick out your neck and be sincere and bold to say that you have freedom in the makeshift country called nigeria today? Don't you know that the british you named above are still ruling nigeria by proxy using those imbeciles (support with arms) that have been missing road since 1960?
Re: Happy 48th Birthday To My Country, Nigeria by ugbede007(m): 5:42am On Oct 02, 2008
I have this story about The Guy NIGERIA who despite his wealth of resources and 48 years of age is still depending on his parent nations for supply of his immediate needs like rice and worst of it all he is still not able to refine his own crude oil 4 local consumptions completely. Yet he celebrates. I liken him to that Guy who is old enough and has all it takes 2 cater 4 himself but still decide 2 remain in his fathers house asking for all manner of support when his contemporaries like GHANA who is just a few years older than him are out there making things happen
This should be a time of mourning for all our failed and greedy leaders who has lifted themselves above us all and kept us where we have been for years and not for celebrating what I don't know. No wonder in Nigeria, we celebrate our thieves and decorating them yearly with all kinds of awards. I'm still awaiting that day when poor citizens will be recognised for worthy service.
Good luck NIGERIA
Re: Happy 48th Birthday To My Country, Nigeria by bintab(f): 6:53am On Oct 02, 2008
i did not remember that yesterday was Nigeria's birthday until i called to check on folks back home.they told me they were off working for the celebration .The celebration was full of lamentation about the deterioration's of everythings in the country,i mean it was very sad i could not get a single person to tell me a positive thing about my beloved country.when i read @ ugbede007 mail , i realised you got the correct picture according to what they told me.the only thing to do now is hagging there and pray for God to delivered us from this corrupted government .we all need to be purge off unfaithfulness and be dedicated to work hard just like china if we want to move forwards like our counterparts. cry
Re: Happy 48th Birthday To My Country, Nigeria by ugbede007(m): 7:23am On Oct 02, 2008
Bintab thanks, I think all what we need in this Country is contineous hardwork and prayers. I no it will be well with us definitely
Re: Happy 48th Birthday To My Country, Nigeria by IBEXY(m): 7:36am On Oct 02, 2008
A fool at 40 is a fool forever. Is there cause to celebrate at 48? Hell no!!  angry  There is nothing to show for it. Nigeria  is like an irresponsible father. He gave birth to a 100 million children. He is extremely rich but has decided to squander and spend his money alone - letting his children die of hunger. Why would I celebrate such a daddy? No way  angry

- Its time we changed our ways. We have suffered enough.
- Its time to do away with the bribery and corruption.
- Its time to let go the get rich quick motives and stop scam (419).
- Its time to orientate and teach our children that education, learning a craft or living honestly is better than forging a career in yahoo yahoo.

Each day when I go out on the streets where I currently reside, I cry for my country because I know we have more than what it takes to be like them. I mean these people rely on us for what drives their economy - fuel. I look at UAE and cry when I see what oil money can do. These people literally built a city out of the ocean. Why cant we be what God has destined us to be?

Most of our politicians and rulers schooled abroad and know what they should do but they have decided to turn a blind eye on the stark poverty ravaging us. Our boys have turned to yahoo yahoo in desperation. Our image is that of a deceiver. The first reaction of other nationals to us is:

"Hey watch out, he's Nigerian. Lock away all the cheque books. Keep an eye on him.".

Believe it or not, thats out greatest achievement in 48 years - the yahoo yahoo image. A nation too smart for its own good.
Re: Happy 48th Birthday To My Country, Nigeria by bintab(f): 8:00am On Oct 02, 2008
i wish people in power in Nigeria have access to our forum ,may be God will touch their heart and change it for the better.
Re: Happy 48th Birthday To My Country, Nigeria by nazzyon(m): 8:06am On Oct 02, 2008
Actually, this is the first time I am kinda happy on a rem of the independence.

Although, I may lack the wealth everyone seems to be after but I feel there is hope and strength to take me farther than I can imagined.

Congrats.
Re: Happy 48th Birthday To My Country, Nigeria by IBEXY(m): 8:15am On Oct 02, 2008
Hope and patience are nice virtues but not when you are being abused or someone keeps taking advantage of you. People could not believe Nigerians could make an offer to buy Newcastle United to the tune of money they quoted. They kept asking what we are doing abroad if our people have that kind of money. No offense meant. There is really nothing to celebrate. One more wretched feather added to the dung heap.
Re: Happy 48th Birthday To My Country, Nigeria by bintab(f): 8:33am On Oct 02, 2008
@ibexy,you sound a little hurt for what is going on with our beloved country especially when you cannot defend or justify it.i also have come across a lot of people who argued blindly with me that nigeria is not among OPEC country . i find it hard to explained it to them that those monies they mentioned actually does exits in Nigeria but only limited to some  gullible  people.But hopefully this we will one day overcome and life in our beloved country will be on track.
Re: Happy 48th Birthday To My Country, Nigeria by Scopium: 8:37am On Oct 02, 2008
[size=13pt]A toast to the nation burning in the toast machine cool[/size]
Re: Happy 48th Birthday To My Country, Nigeria by Scopium: 9:02am On Oct 02, 2008
[size=13pt]. . . . . . . . .I just love my country[/size]
Re: Happy 48th Birthday To My Country, Nigeria by princekevo(m): 9:08am On Oct 02, 2008
@at poster,
Please can u tell me wht u are celebrating while u should be mourning for a man who is going backward instead of forward.
ugbede007:

Bintab thanks, I think all what we need in this Country is contineous hardwork and prayers. I no it will be well with us definitely
Are we to work until to the grave to make Nigeria better? If its a matter of prayer Nigerian has the most popular pastors that even raises the dead i guess by now their prayer must have raised Nigeria from its grave.
bawomolo:

This Guy is talking abt being taxed to death as if we are better than british,Amriacans,and other country's citizens whom their government is chasing with high taxes.Oh do u really think u are freedom?Go to the outside world and see wht freedom is all baout by then then u would know u are in cage ,or prison would be the right word.
bintab:

i wish people in power in Nigeria have access to our forum ,may be God will touch their heart and change it for the better.
.who told you that they dont know abt all this opinions here.They must heard peoples opinion through other means but it jst all about thier wicked heart which is adamant to change.Our leaders heart is more wicked than pharoh's.
Re: Happy 48th Birthday To My Country, Nigeria by shyman(m): 9:22am On Oct 02, 2008
do u guys think nigeria hasnt achieved enough at this age.
Re: Happy 48th Birthday To My Country, Nigeria by princekevo(m): 9:27am On Oct 02, 2008
shyman:

do u guys think nigeria hasnt achieved enough at this age.

Oh really?pls educate us on the achievment.
Re: Happy 48th Birthday To My Country, Nigeria by zelaws: 9:29am On Oct 02, 2008
happy birthday
but @ 48 NIGERIA still behaves 8 very sad for our country
the leaders of this nation are so selifish and unpatrotic all the reforms and re-reforms has selfish undertone
the masses are being enslaved, the youths are left with a diming future.
when those in power now were in school, education was free. now students have to pay high fees
i always wonder how much i will pay by the time my children will be in the university
when they finished from school in those days good job is waiting for them now graduates are jobless
these so called elders still blame the nation''s decay on us the younger ones
can we say that our elders lack vision?
Re: Happy 48th Birthday To My Country, Nigeria by bintab(f): 9:34am On Oct 02, 2008
@princekevo, do not be discourage they said at the end of a black tunnel there is light.we ill surely conquer one  day.
Re: Happy 48th Birthday To My Country, Nigeria by lobinoxebe(m): 9:41am On Oct 02, 2008
for me i say happy bday, dont know bout you,
Re: Happy 48th Birthday To My Country, Nigeria by FKseun(m): 9:46am On Oct 02, 2008
Happy birthday indeed! At 48, there's nothing to celebrate about.

Electricity?
Security?
Education?
Portable water?

Good roads? (Ore-Benin road is still in a terrible state even after the Minister of Works went there to shed crocodile tears) cry
Hea[b]lth Facilities?[/b]

Score them yourselves!
Re: Happy 48th Birthday To My Country, Nigeria by One: 9:46am On Oct 02, 2008
bintab:
@princekevo, do not be discourage they said at the end of a black tunnel there is light.we ill surely conquer one  day.
We have looked long enough into this very dark tunnel. We don't deserve to be looking into dark tunnels anyway. There is sunshine outside the tunnel. Mind you, beware the light in the tunnel, step aside quickly because u might get crushed. I could be a speeding train.
We all love Nigeria and there is no place like home but my brother, we have had enough!

IBEXY:
Our image is that of a deceiver. The first reaction of other nationals to us is:

"Hey watch out, he's Nigerian. Lock away all the cheque books. Keep an eye on him.".

I know exactly what you mean bruv. Only experience will tell you.
Re: Happy 48th Birthday To My Country, Nigeria by princekevo(m): 10:11am On Oct 02, 2008
bintab:

@princekevo, do not be discourage they said at the end of a black tunnel there is light.we ill surely conquer one day.
.Listen that is quote for those who are on thier mission for a vision,not for n
Nigerian case we lack vision not even to talk of mission.
Re: Happy 48th Birthday To My Country, Nigeria by tmoney11(m): 10:12am On Oct 02, 2008
Nigeria Eku odu ooooooooo grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

US Bomb Warning Is No Big Deal – FG / Residents In Abia, Anambra, Enugu Grown Over Fuel At N165- N170 Per Litre / Who Do You Trust More: ACN Or PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.