Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Brotherly Advice From South Africa! So Says Mpele - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Brotherly Advice From South Africa! So Says Mpele (966 Views)

Edo 2016: We Must All See The Guber Race As Brotherly Contest — Obaseki / Did Buhari Dismiss An Un-existent NNPC Board? - So Says Saharareporters / There Is No Terrorism In Nigeria – So Says Dora Akunyili, Nigeria’s Minister Of (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brotherly Advice From South Africa! So Says Mpele by Mpele(m): 9:59am On Oct 02, 2008
I want to know why most of the people here are attacking me. Why does human nature allows people to attack others when they differ. I find it moronic that most Nigerians were attacking me, telling me about crime and Hiv/aids in South Africa. Is as if in Nigeria there is no crime. In fact in Africa and Nigeria there are so many illneses. In South Africa we are just struggling with HIV of which is a world wide epindemic. I mean in Asia there is so much HIV/Aids but hey no one is saying anything.

It is a shame that most Nigerians still say that the reason South Africa is developed is because of whites. Yes they played a part, but hey they're out of power but development is still taking shape under black rule. People speak as if when whites were working, blacks, coloureds and Indians were just sitting back. Who mined all the gold, who was climbing ladders and building tall buildings and stadiums that we have today, isn't it blacks. We're so different to other African Nations. When the chinese were building raliway lines and stadiums in East Africa they brought with them their own labour force. We suffered under apartheid and when it ended we didn't see a need to get rid of white people, why should we, not all white South Africans were racist.

We will continue to work hard to make sure that this country progresses. The few numskulls who went around beating up people do not represent even 10% of the population. What some of us were advocating was that there must be proper control of immigrants. People who come here to work or invest should be allowed to come in regardless of colour or ethnicity. People who're here just because some few leaders were given shelter in their countries and now feel entitled to come here and do as they wish are the dangerous ones. They'll cause havoc when things don't go their way.

Let me reitarate the fact that I don't have any problem with Nigerians and never will, the only gripe I have is the manners. Americans are brash and arrogant, but hey for them is not just all talk, no action. They're hard working people and just like the French they're allowed to be arrogant about it. Now here we have our lovelly friends, who talk too much and think that the world revolves around them. They look down upon other less fortunate countries e.g Ghana. The country is a bloody mess, nothing works. Lagos is like garbage dump, and now they're doing exatly the same thing to Hillbrow in Johannesburg.

Nigerians must learn to be polite then the rest of the world will take them serious. You don't have anything to back up your claims with. As they say most Nigerians are educated and armed with MBA's and other fancy titles. What's the use of having those things if they're not contributing to the advancement of your country. Zimbabweans are amongst the most educated in Africa and they used to boast to the South Africans about their education, where are they now. South Africa generally don't have the culture of reading, this includes blacks and coloureds who like casual jobs like working in shops, firms and mining, whites who like farming and Indians who're shopkeepers, but hey lifes goes on and the economy is growing.

Its high time Nigerians put their money where their mouths are. Its been more than 40 years of independence, but things are still the same.

The message is simple to you. SHUT UP AND GET TO WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a brotherly advice, take it or leave it.
Re: Brotherly Advice From South Africa! So Says Mpele by bilymuse: 12:13pm On Oct 02, 2008
Mpele why dont you cross over to south Africa forum, nobody is interested in your thought, we have enough issues to deal with on the forum, without adding mpele to it
Re: Brotherly Advice From South Africa! So Says Mpele by Planner(m): 12:32pm On Oct 02, 2008
Why does human nature allows people to attack others when they differ

Your criticism is very angry, vindictive , jealous and malicious.

It is a shame that most Nigerians still say that the reason South Africa is developed is because of whites. Yes they played a part, but hey they're out of power but development is still taking shape under black rule. People speak as if when whites were working, blacks, coloureds and Indians were just sitting back. Who mined all the gold, who was climbing ladders and building tall buildings and stadiums that we have today, isn't it blacks. We're so different to other African Nations. When the chinese were building raliway lines and stadiums in East Africa they brought with them their own labour force. We suffered under apartheid and when it ended we didn't see a need to get rid of white people, why should we, not all white South Africans were racist.

The blacks used only strengths and no intellect. While the whites used intellect. That is why they were able to rule the black majority for decades. The economy is still firmly in the hands of the whites. While the blacks hold political leadership (you can see massive corruption).

Let me reitarate the fact that I don't have any problem with Nigerians and never will, the only gripe I have is the manners. Americans are brash and arrogant, but hey for them is not just all talk, no action. They're hard working people and just like the French they're allowed to be arrogant about it. Now here we have our lovelly friends, who talk too much and think that the world revolves around them. They look down upon other less fortunate countries e.g Ghana. The country is a bloody mess, nothing works. Lagos is like garbage dump, and now they're doing exatly the same thing to Hillbrow in Johannesburg.

You are resentful of Nigerians because we are hardworking, uber-intelligent, arrogant, brash, boastful and above all we make no apologies.

If you dislike Nigerian manners , well GET USED TO IT!
Re: Brotherly Advice From South Africa! So Says Mpele by Angelheart: 12:54pm On Oct 02, 2008
Mpele ure full of shit but hey, you do have some points. ONLY some

@Plannesr: WHat is there to be jealous of. ANd you know, its not the first time I hear a Nigerian telling a SOuth African that they are jealous of them.
Re: Brotherly Advice From South Africa! So Says Mpele by Mpele(m): 12:58pm On Oct 02, 2008
@ bilymuse,

if you are not interested then why did you respond you slowpoke!!!!
Re: Brotherly Advice From South Africa! So Says Mpele by morpheus24: 2:02pm On Oct 02, 2008
Mpele:

I want to know why most of the people here are attacking me. Why does human nature allows people to attack others when they differ. I find it moronic that most Nigerians were attacking me, telling me about crime and Hiv/aids in South Africa. Is as if in Nigeria there is no crime. In fact in Africa and Nigeria there are so many illneses. In South Africa we are just struggling with HIV of which is a world wide epindemic. I mean in Asia there is so much HIV/Aids but hey no one is saying anything.

We will continue to work hard to make sure that this country progresses. The few numskulls who went around beating up people do not represent even 10% of the population. What some of us were advocating was that there must be proper control of immigrants. People who come here to work or invest should be allowed to come in regardless of colour or ethnicity. People who're here just because some few leaders were given shelter in their countries and now feel entitled to come here and do as they wish are the dangerous ones. They'll cause havoc when things don't go their way.

Nigerians must learn to be polite then the rest of the world will take them serious. You don't have anything to back up your claims with. As they say most Nigerians are educated and armed with MBA's and other fancy titles. What's the use of having those things if they're not contributing to the advancement of your country. Zimbabweans are amongst the most educated in Africa and they used to boast to the South Africans about their education, where are they now. South Africa generally don't have the culture of reading, this includes blacks and coloureds who like casual jobs like working in shops, firms and mining, whites who like farming and Indians who're shopkeepers, but hey lifes goes on and the economy is growing.

Its high time Nigerians put their money where their mouths are. Its been more than 40 years of independence, but things are still the same.

The message is simple to you. SHUT UP AND GET TO WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a brotherly advice, take it or leave it.

RUBBISH TALK!!!! NO SUBSTANCE
Re: Brotherly Advice From South Africa! So Says Mpele by tpia: 2:56pm On Oct 02, 2008
Re: Brotherly Advice From South Africa! So Says Mpele by monkeyleg: 5:31pm On Oct 02, 2008
People, we really must let Mpele have his say, as Vile as it may sound. Dont forget we are practicing freedom.

However Mpele I fail to see the benefit of your criticism. In most cases it is not constructive, but rather personal. You talk so much about the bad things that happen in Nigeria yet these same things happen in your country and even @ a greater magnitude.

Corruption, sickness, crime, Under-development are rife in your society, so why pick these failings in my country when they exist in yours. You may not like the boldness of Nigerians, but that is no reason to hate. Just like you said the Americans can be in your face, boastful and all that, but that is no reason for me to hate them.

I am glad you have pointed out the personal achievement of Nigerians, because boy we do excel in what we do. True we have not been able to achieve collective excellence, but boy it is only a matter of time. I personally do not hope for a SA that fails under black rule, but I will really like to see how you guys get on. Is it not a case that you are very much challeneged by the success of Nigerians, and the excellence they attain that you feel threatened? I can understand that if that is the case, and I suspect it is.

By the way the Ghanaians are great people and they see us as competitive brothers. No hate involved and both countries inspire one another.

Go back and re-evaluate your position, it really saddens me to see this Black - on Black hate IT IS NOT NECESSARY
Re: Brotherly Advice From South Africa! So Says Mpele by morpheus24: 5:49pm On Oct 02, 2008
monkeyleg:

People, we really must let Mpele have his say, as Vile as it may sound. don't forget we are practicing freedom.

However Mpele I fail to see the benefit of your criticism. In most cases it is not constructive, but rather personal. You talk so much about the bad things that happen in Nigeria yet these same things happen in your country and even @ a greater magnitude.

Corruption, sickness, crime, Under-development are rife in your society, so why pick these failings in my country when they exist in yours. You may not like the boldness of Nigerians, but that is no reason to hate. Just like you said the Americans can be in your face, boastful and all that, but that is no reason for me to hate them.

I am glad you have pointed out the personal achievement of Nigerians, because boy we do excel in what we do. True we have not been able to achieve collective excellence, but boy it is only a matter of time. I personally do not hope for a SA that fails under black rule, but I will really like to see how you guys get on. Is it not a case that you are very much challeneged by the success of Nigerians, and the excellence they attain that you feel threatened? I can understand that if that is the case, and I suspect it is.

By the way the Ghanaians are great people and they see us as competitive brothers. No hate involved and both countries inspire one another.

Go back and re-evaluate your position, it really saddens me to see this Black - on Black hate IT IS NOT NECESSARY

That boy no BLACK oh!
Re: Brotherly Advice From South Africa! So Says Mpele by carmelily: 1:43pm On Oct 03, 2008
Mpele, pele!
Re: Brotherly Advice From South Africa! So Says Mpele by bilymuse: 1:52pm On Oct 03, 2008
Mpele
@ bilymuse,

if you are not interested then why did you respond you slowpoke!!!!

Mpele check out all my posting, and you ll find out that my words are always measured. I dont use words like , stupid, slowpoke, foolish. Your language and use of words tells a lot about you.

Move over to south africa forum.
Re: Brotherly Advice From South Africa! So Says Mpele by carmelily: 2:10pm On Oct 03, 2008
Just for the record, Nigerians and Ghanaians have no beef. we know we'll always be brothers cool

(1) (Reply)

If We Can’t Get Electricity Right, Forget Nigeria ! / Who Knows Joshua Ocheja / Robbers Invaded Ibadan, Snatched 18 Cars In 2 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.