Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,722 members, 7,820,508 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

What About Trying A Woman President For Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What About Trying A Woman President For Nigeria? (971 Views)

After Buhari’s Second Term, Osinbajo Should Serve As President For Two Terms – E / ”buhari Is President For The North” – Fayose / Obama Praises Nigeria’s President For Conceding Defeat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What About Trying A Woman President For Nigeria? by chidichris(m): 5:31pm On Feb 19, 2009
since inception, men have been incharge of this country. the same group keep on coming back with different styles.
at least 95% of us will agree/accept that we have failed.
if there is anything an average nigerian needs now, it is change. but how will change come with the same group always in charge?

despite the criminal records created by a few women in nigeria talking about the likes of mrs Etteh and Mrs iyabo obansajo, some other women have or had distinguished themselves with outstanding performances talking about such women as Dr. Mrs Okonjo Iweala and Dr.Mrs Dora Akunyili.

since we all need this change and no man have been able in the past 48 years to bring this deserved changes, i think we as a people can swallow our pride and accept that we have failed and give our women a change to see if this change can come through them.

we saw margrete Thacther of Britain, we are seeing Angela merkel of german in charge and sirleaf of liberia at least they are not that bad. why won't nigeria give a woman this chance?
Re: What About Trying A Woman President For Nigeria? by Kobojunkie: 5:37pm On Feb 19, 2009
Oh boy!!!
Re: What About Trying A Woman President For Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Feb 19, 2009
I really do not care about the gender, tribe or religious affiliation of the president so far he/she is all for accountability, transparency and serious nation building.

But now that you have specifically brought in gender, i can authoritatively inform you that 90% of the recycled criminals we had and keep having are actually being pushed by their nagging wives whose zeal to be in the spotlight is unequaled.
Re: What About Trying A Woman President For Nigeria? by Fhemmmy: 5:44pm On Feb 19, 2009
I never knew that it is a trial and error kinda govt that we running in Nigeria.
I am so sure there will be some Nigerian women in Nigeria that will run the nation well, likewise there are some men that will do a good job, i think the selection process is what needed to be questioned.
Re: What About Trying A Woman President For Nigeria? by chidichris(m): 5:51pm On Feb 19, 2009
I really do not care about the gender, tribe or religious affiliation of the president so far he is all for accountability, transparency and serious nation building.

But now that you have specifically brought in gender, i can authoritatively inform you that 90% of the recycled criminals we had and keep having are actually being pushed by their nagging wives whose zeal to be in the spotlight is unequaled.

Nuzo,
how do u mean authoritatively? what proves do u have that our corrupt leaders are been pushed by their wives?
well if all nigerian men have nagging wives according to ur assumption, will it be right then to say not all nigerian women have nagging husbands?

what do u think about the later group of women in the polity of nigeria viz; okonjo iweala and Mrs Dora?

the issue raised here is about trying out our women since we all agree that our men have failed us.

I never knew that it is a trial and error kinda govt that we running in Nigeria.
I am so sure there will be some Nigerian women in Nigeria that will run the nation well, likewise there are some men that will do a good job, i think the selection process is what needed to be questioned.

Fhemmmy,
it is for sure and for real a trial and error situation since no one could be trusted or do u know of any?
on the other hand, the selection process will be part of the agenda. i am talking about leaving things in the hands of women. given them a chance to take control of events since we all need this change.
Re: What About Trying A Woman President For Nigeria? by Fhemmmy: 6:01pm On Feb 19, 2009
chidichris:

Fhemmmy,
it is for sure and for real a trial and error situation since no one could be trusted or do u know of any?
on the other hand, the selection process will be part of the agenda. i am talking about leaving things in the hands of women. given them a chance to take control of events since we all need this change.

I think selection procedure needs to be changed.
Let everyone have a free and fair chance to contest and let people be the one to chose and not some handful of people, all cos they have money and they see themselves as the mouth for the people.
See how yar'adua was selected, that was shamble.
Re: What About Trying A Woman President For Nigeria? by MrCrackles(m): 6:03pm On Feb 19, 2009
She wont last a week! grin
Re: What About Trying A Woman President For Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Feb 19, 2009
chidichris:

Nuzo,
how do u mean authoritatively? what proves do u have that our corrupt leaders are been pushed by their wives?
well if all nigerian men have nagging wives according to ur assumption, will it be right then to say not all nigerian women have nagging husbands?

what do u think about the later group of women in the polity of nigeria viz; okonjo iweala and Mrs Dora?

the issue raised here is about trying out our women since we all agree that our men have failed us.

We are beginning to practice what we constantly accuse our leaders of; prove this, prove that. . . . I dont have to be politically correct in order for you to see reality.
It will also be clearer to you if you had read my previous post. In that post; I mentioned 90% of nigerian politicians' wife. Not all Nigerian women.

As for Dora, Iweala and other strong willed nigerian women like Kobojunkie, I adore these folks and if I ever have a chance to make them ascend to the seat of the president, i will. But, the truth is that there are also millions of men who can match their strong will and courage. Unfortunately, they have not been given an opportunity to show what they are made of.

Like Fhemmmy rightly stated, it wont make any difference until the electoral process in checked.
Re: What About Trying A Woman President For Nigeria? by lucabrasi(m): 6:21pm On Feb 19, 2009
@poster
what about trying an honest and morally upright nigerian?
Re: What About Trying A Woman President For Nigeria? by Muza(m): 9:13pm On Feb 19, 2009
Op wat are u saying,where u not there when we tried Etteh and she faild with distinction,
we are not goin to try a woman anytime soon.
Re: What About Trying A Woman President For Nigeria? by chidichris(m): 11:51pm On Feb 19, 2009
Op wat are u saying,where u not there when we tried Etteh and she faild with distinction,
we are not goin to try a woman anytime soon.

Muza,
Etteh was a hairdresser and bcs of her relationship with obj, she was made speaker so nobody was expecting her to act otherwise.
nigeria has only seen two outstanding women thieves (etteh and iyabo) but what okonjo iweala and dora?
all am saying is let us give the women more leadership chances.
afterall, all nigerian men are criminal minded and have failed in the leadership role.
Re: What About Trying A Woman President For Nigeria? by Marymos: 12:40pm On Feb 20, 2009
Woman president for Nigeria?No way.Is Impossible.It wont even happen.Lets keep on enduring until God will raise a Moses that will deliver the country.It may take time,but one day it will happen.Man is the head and will always be the head.

(1) (Reply)

Fani-kayode Lands New Mistress, Begins Guber Campaign / Lagos To Reconstruct, Expand Murtala Muhammed Airport Road / Uk Court Freezes Erastus Akingbola’s Assets Globally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.