Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,299 members, 7,819,009 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

How Do You Choose Your Friends? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Choose Your Friends? (9656 Views)

Would You Choose Your Present Family In A Second Life? / How To Choose Your Man / Can Your Parents Choose Your Spouse for You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Choose Your Friends? by hescool(m): 2:49am On Jul 15, 2006
I for one tend to choose friends who are more like me and i cant stand unintelligent or clingy friends.
how do yall choose or should i say what do you look for in a friend
Re: How Do You Choose Your Friends? by baby4u2(f): 12:33pm On Jul 16, 2006
i make a lot of friends most of the time. the only friends i don't like are the ones that irritate me. apart from that am cool with anyone. i may not really hang out with those friends that don't really contribute positively to my life, but they still going to be my friends regardless.
Re: How Do You Choose Your Friends? by retro(f): 12:35pm On Jul 16, 2006
I don't choose. I get to know everyone I meet but if I find you to be stupid, annoying and ignorant, I'll cut off contacts with you. I hate gossipers and people who are scared to voice their opinions.
Re: How Do You Choose Your Friends? by iice(f): 7:15am On Jul 17, 2006
I got a complicated thing on grading friends, i mean i got best friends, close friends, friends, aquaintances, ppl i knw and the oh its jst some1 i met b4 ppl, i guess i dont have 2 chose friends based on my system coz it dpends on the kind of person he/she is then naturally he/she will fall in2 one of those categories, my best friends r not very much like me, my close friends share common traits as me, friends are those i chill out wit and r cool with, aquaintance, every once in a while i chill out with, ppl i knw are ppl i talk with n all that but we r not actually friends, sighsthe mind boggles tongue
Re: How Do You Choose Your Friends? by diddy4(m): 5:20pm On Jul 17, 2006
very simple.

i make friends with ppl i am going to learn one thing from. if i wont learn nothing from you, you aint ma friend. there must be something i see in you dat qualifies u to be my friend.
Re: How Do You Choose Your Friends? by Hotstepper(f): 5:32pm On Jul 17, 2006
hahaa, I don't think there is sum1 that is unintelligent as u said. You must learn sumthing from anyone and dude, u can't find people like u cuz every1 is unique in his/her own way, Incase u've 4gotten JSS3 SOCIAL STUDIES "Socilaization is a process of learning" tongue

as 4 moi, I make friends everyday, study u and den decide how 2 relate 2 u cuz trust me, itz not everything you tell this person as a friend dat you will tell others who are aslo your friends.
Re: How Do You Choose Your Friends? by Dojo(m): 6:13pm On Jul 17, 2006
I don't make friends easily but when I did, it's for life.
Re: How Do You Choose Your Friends? by Rhodalyn(f): 4:38pm On Jul 18, 2006
i don't choose friends. That's ridiculous. I make friends with everyone!
Re: How Do You Choose Your Friends? by Seun(m): 5:22pm On Jul 18, 2006
Re: How Do You Choose Your Friends? by Rhodalyn(f): 5:25pm On Jul 18, 2006
IS that a Command Or a Statement Oluwaseun?!?!?! angry
Re: How Do You Choose Your Friends? by ToyM28(f): 5:40pm On Jul 18, 2006
I dont choose friends, but the ones that make my life a lot happier, stnd by me, nd tease me are d ones that i call my friends.
Re: How Do You Choose Your Friends? by dondele(m): 5:47pm On Jul 18, 2006
when i ask who will go shopping wid me, doz dat stand up will be my friends then when i ask who will pay for me, doz dat remain standing are my true friends.
Re: How Do You Choose Your Friends? by retro(f): 5:49pm On Jul 18, 2006
dondele:

when i ask who will go shopping wid me, doz that stand up will be my friends then when i ask who will pay for me, doz that remain standing are my true friends.

What if your friend doesn't have the money to pay for you but is really your true friend?
Re: How Do You Choose Your Friends? by ToyM28(f): 5:50pm On Jul 18, 2006
Lol @ Don. Well darling don, even for my best friends i would only pay if it was a plea to pay or i know they visibly cldnt afford it. But when it turns to an offer of who is willing to pay, m sorry i would also bail (even if u were my dearest friend)! tongue
Re: How Do You Choose Your Friends? by dondele(m): 5:53pm On Jul 18, 2006
at least i know doz dat can afford to pay and doz dat cant.
Re: How Do You Choose Your Friends? by ToyM28(f): 6:02pm On Jul 18, 2006
You've got a point. But what kind of friend wld u be if u measure the worth of a friend on how many of ur drinks they pay for?!
Re: How Do You Choose Your Friends? by LiquidMind(m): 6:03pm On Jul 18, 2006
I  choose my friends

by getting close to someone who will really leave me alone,
Re: How Do You Choose Your Friends? by dondele(m): 6:06pm On Jul 18, 2006
dat was meant to be sarcastic not that they will actually pay for anyfin.
Re: How Do You Choose Your Friends? by iice(f): 6:32pm On Jul 18, 2006
LiquidMind:

I choose my friends
by getting close to someone who will really leave me alone,
LOL
Re: How Do You Choose Your Friends? by jacq(f): 6:40pm On Jul 18, 2006
i don't choose friends bicos i like talking and i like meeting new pple
i wouldn't say everyone i have talked to are my best friends.
Re: How Do You Choose Your Friends? by camara(f): 12:37am On Jul 19, 2006
i'm actually introvert.so i don't make a lot of contact with people that i can then choose friends 4rm,but when i do get the courage to talk to some1 and we flow,after spending time together i guess i'll be able to call the person my friend
Re: How Do You Choose Your Friends? by bluenubian(f): 1:25am On Jul 19, 2006
Takes a lot for me to call someone my friend. Even tho I love meeting people, I only call those that "adds to my existence" my friends. I hate moochers undecided
Re: How Do You Choose Your Friends? by Bisanke(f): 1:48am On Jul 19, 2006
@ Blunubian i know right

Hmmm i cant say i choose my friends sha really i wud say who eva comes around is a friend to me. yeah i guess
Re: How Do You Choose Your Friends? by eveseh(f): 2:01am On Jul 19, 2006
dont know

any good friend that comes my way,i'll be ya buudy
Re: How Do You Choose Your Friends? by Teezy(f): 3:58am On Jul 19, 2006
I dont choose friends. If I can hold a steady conversation with you and we can hang out n stuff dts coo, i guess we could be friends.
Re: How Do You Choose Your Friends? by Mystique(f): 8:10am On Jul 19, 2006
No particular criteria in choosing friends, but i prefer people i could learn a thing or two from smiley
Re: How Do You Choose Your Friends? by fabian(f): 11:40am On Jul 19, 2006
How? How? How?
*ponders*
Dunno, I think its more like they chose me! tongue
Re: How Do You Choose Your Friends? by disney(f): 1:17pm On Jul 19, 2006
interesting topic.

As for disney chick, l am just funny when it comes to meeting friends. l don't look for friends, friends loook for me, l have tons and tons of friends because of my interesting personality so therefore l am not picky but instead l put all my friends into different categories both guys and chicks.  I have my close friends, those one are always there for me anytime, anyday. Then l have some friends that l can just call like lets go shopping, movies, outings, they would be number one to get there. Those are my fun friends. also, l have some friends that l call just because l want to laugh. Those one are in another level. Also, l get some friends wey get money.  l call those  ones when am broke, hungry or need something. They would give me or help me out. also, l get some sophiticated friends, ajebo friends. Those one l call them when  am looking to know what's lattest in fashion , bla bla.

All the same, l cherish everyone because my life won't be cool if one of them were missing. They all in one way help make my day. u know. grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do You Choose Your Friends? by bluenubian(f): 1:26pm On Jul 19, 2006
hey disney
how come we dont see u around more often?
Re: How Do You Choose Your Friends? by ToyM28(f): 1:30pm On Jul 19, 2006
Disney awwwwww, u sound like a person that takes friendship as important. We dont see dat on a daily basis. Thats cool! grin
Re: How Do You Choose Your Friends? by memyself2(f): 2:40pm On Jul 19, 2006
Mystique:

No particular criteria in choosing friends, but i prefer people i could learn a thing or two from smiley
---i fink i know what u talkin bout.

ToyM28:

You've got a point. But what kind of friend would u be if u measure the worth of a friend on how many of your drinks they pay for?!
-abi?
Re: How Do You Choose Your Friends? by otokx(m): 4:34pm On Jul 19, 2006
@bluenubian; who are moochers?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Share Your Regret About Christmas Celebration / Should A Primary Child Be In A Boarding School? / 15 Wisdom Keys For a Happy Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.