Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,540 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:03 AM

Ugly Britain - Travel (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ugly Britain (106714 Views)

Three Nigerians Arrested At Sham Wedding In Britain / Nigerians, Highest Number Of African Criminals In Britain - UK Home Office / Immigrants To Pay Fee To Enter Britain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (26) (Go Down)

Re: Ugly Britain by lucabrasi(m): 5:07am On Nov 21, 2008
@busybody
so you r still part of the group of naijas sending money home in cash?abeg get with the programme o grin
most ppl i know tend to buy stuffs with the money and sell in naija,your money will retail its value and you can buy more pounds with the naira,in the alternative euro is holding well so sounds good a couple of girls i know are going to america to buy polo tops and other clothes to sell in naija as well, abeg o my sister dont send cash to nigeria o, pounds is turning to japanese yen lol lol
Re: Ugly Britain by felifeli: 10:02am On Nov 21, 2008
for God's sake see the kind of pictures a British "Charity" is peddling all over just to attract money for their owners to live a rich life . Guys is this how all of Africa is ?

Re: Ugly Britain by ayobase(m): 5:09pm On Nov 21, 2008
Ugly Britain,but u make ur
money if u can work 4 it,

Unlike Naija,u work 4 8 hrs,
but nothing to show 4 it.

No point giving proofs!!!!

We all know the truth.
But,Im proud to be a Nigerian!!!
Re: Ugly Britain by IBEXY(m): 1:49pm On Nov 23, 2008
ayobase:

Ugly Britain,but u make ur
money if u can work 4 it,

Unlike Naija,u work 4 8 hrs,
but nothing to show 4 it.

No point giving proofs!!!!

We all know the truth.
But,I'm proud to be a Nigerian!!!

Tell them. Holier than thou sycophants will always mistake the truth for not being patriotic. Stating the fact that Nigeria has remained a frustration for a larger population of her children is a truth we all know in our hearts. Remove the log in your eyes before trying to help someone else. Right now as we criticize UK, our government and NGOs are knocking on their door for aid. Even as you hit the reply button now to blast me for saying all these, you know it in your heart that you always wish our leaders would stop deceiving themselves and us and make Nigeria be like Britain.
Re: Ugly Britain by Nobody: 7:58pm On Nov 23, 2008
What I just believe is anybody can make money anywhere! UK or Nigeria. I support people travelling out if they have a good reason, like am tired of naija myself. . . Just know what you're doing and the skye is ur limit. . . Afterall, na God create earth and he didn't limit human beings to one country wink
Re: Ugly Britain by AngieFan(f): 9:11am On Nov 24, 2008
More pics of Ugly Britain. grin

One of many plane crashes.

Travelling in style

Hot day

Dead bodies litter the streets.

24 hour Go slows

Trying to curb prostitution

Lagos red light district

plenty of slums

Another plane crash

Re: Ugly Britain by felifeli: 11:29am On Nov 24, 2008
@angiefan

I have never in my life met a more sicko photographer as this one
Does posting these make you feel a lot better now man ?
Just remember even as you feel so proud that all those dead bodies that you are making sport of were once people that other people loved very dearly and if not that God is more merciful to you they could easily have been your own relations.
Re: Ugly Britain by felifeli: 11:31am On Nov 24, 2008
@angiefan
just curious, do you collect morbid photos as a hobby ?
Do you also giggle aloud to yourself when you are watching all those pictures of dead and burnt accident victims ? Nice pastime especially in winter eh ?
Re: Ugly Britain by lucabrasi(m): 2:40pm On Nov 24, 2008
An investigation for 5Live has found that child prostitution is in danger of spiralling out of control.

According to both the police and child care agencies, hundreds of children around Britain are being lured into the world of paid-sex.

They admit they are unable to keep track of the number of children involved, but both warn that sophisticated networks involving children of both sexes are being set up by ruthless criminals.

In Rotherham alone for example, 80 girls are said to be working as prostitutes.

And experts say prostitution is rife in every major town and city.

It's our problem, it's on our doorstep and we need to do something about it

Mark Leigh, Barnardo's
Mark Leigh of Barnardo's runs a project working with rent boys at London Bridge.

He said: "I think that the sexual exploitation of children is actually spiralling out of control as we speak.

"Of course child sex exploitation goes on in the developing world.

"It goes on in Bangkok but it's also happening in Birmingham and Bristol and Brixton.

"It's our problem, it's on our doorstep and we need to do something about it."

One rent boy told me that he started selling sex at nine-years-old.

Street dangers

The man who abused him gave him a bag of five pence pieces.

By the age of 13 he was being shared around between a group of men.

Another girl describes the dangers of living on the streets.

She was just 12 when she started running away from home.

She said: "A man approached me one time , I didn't want to do him and the geezer had me up by the throat threatening to kill me, I was actually really scared, I didn't know whether he was going to knock me out or do what.

"They could just stab you, they could take you down an alley, they could rape you, then kill you, they could do anything."

Drug abuse

These children exist on the margins of society - they are extremely distrustful of the police and social services.

It has been described as a revolving door situation - the police hand them over to social services, but within hours they are often back on the street.

Many are addicted to crack cocaine and they will do anything to feed their habit.

Child prostitutes in fear for their lives

But despite the difficulties in dealing with these children, local authorities in England and Wales, charged with dealing with the problem, have been accused of dragging their heels.

Responding to a BBC survey, only half of them were prepared to provide details of their plans, with one in four admitting that they had no formal plans in place.

In the absence of these guidelines, police and campaigners believe that more and more vulnerable children could be drawn into the child sex trade.

Not only do the police have to deal with these children on the street, but also a more sinister scene of organised crime.

Vulnerable targeted

A team of officers at the Metropolitan Police Clubs and Vice Squad spent months on a successful investigation into a love-vendor called Maris Malone, who was jailed for four years.

He was an extremely dangerous individual who targeted vulnerable young girls in the care system and then recruited and exploited them as prostitutes on the streets of central London.

The police linked him to 22 girls aged 12 to 18.

Inspector Paul Holmes explains: "He was extremely skilled at identifying disaffected, unhappy, vulnerable young teenage girls, most of whom where either already in the care system or on the brink of the care system.

"On a commercial basis, he recruited and exploited them as prostitutes on the streets of central London."

Bleak picture

But of course many areas of the country don't have the luxury of a vice squad.

In Rotherham for example, it appears there is a highly organised network of pimps involving up to 80 girls, again some as young as 12.

And there is evidence that they are being transported from Rotherham to private addresses in red light districts as far afield as Bradford and Sheffield.

And this, campaigners say, is mirrored in other areas of the country.

Children as young as 12 on the streets

When you talk to the young people involved in child prostitution they paint a bleak picture.

They have often been failed by both their parents and the care system, leaving them marginalised and disaffected.

Many are notoriously difficult to deal with.

Critics argue that for many of the local authorities responsible for their care, bringing these children back from the brink is just too difficult and too expensive.

But as the authorities argue over resources, the pimps are quick to act.

This is the ruthless exploitation of children and the human cost of ignoring the problem leaves a legacy of shattered lives and innocence lost.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/1462628.stm
Re: Ugly Britain by lucabrasi(m): 2:41pm On Nov 24, 2008
18,000 women and children trafficked into UK sex trade

By Cahal Milmo and Nigel Morris
Thursday, 3 July 2008

Related Articles
More UK news
Print Email Search
Search
Go
Independent.co.uk Web
Bookmark & Share
Digg It
del.icio.us
Facebook
Reddit
What are these?

Change font size: A | A | A
Up to 18,000 females, including girls as young as 14, are working in brothels across Britain after being smuggled into the country to meet the booming demand for prostitutes. Police, unveiling the results of the largest ever crackdown on people smuggling yesterday, revealed that nearly five times more women than previously thought are working under duress in massage parlours and suburban homes.

Operation Pentameter 2, a six-month campaign by police forces across the country, resulted in the release of 154 women and 13 girls put to work as part of a lucrative trade dominated by organised crime gangs, which increasingly co-operate via the internet to maximise earnings from their victims.

The campaign, which saw the arrest of 528 suspected traffickers and the closure of 822 brothels and premises being used to sell sexual services, also revealed an increasing use of young British women, who are trafficked within the UK after being groomed by older men who lure them to towns away from their homes. The Home Office highlighted one recent case in Sheffield where 33 victims had been recruited by men in public places and taken away for sexual exploitation.

Most victims are foreign, with least 85 per cent of the women working as prostitutes coming from countries including Brazil, China, Lithuania and Thailand. Many victims are lured to Britain with false promises of work in bars or nightclubs only to be sold for up to £5,000, often at airports or service stations, to pimps and brothel-keepers. The women are then set quotas of the number of men they must have sex with each week, working for little or nothing under threat of violence against their families.

Tim Brain, the Chief Constable of Gloucestershire, whose force co-ordinated Pentameter 2, said that police forces were becoming more effective in tracing prostitution networks and seizing their assets, but admitted that they remained a significant problem. The first phase of Pentameter in 2006 rescued 88 victims and made 232 arrests.

The Government insisted that the success of the campaign, which has resulted in 24 convictions, was evidence of its determination to hinder the work of the gangs behind sex trafficking. Of the 167 women and teenagers released, all but five were being used as prostitutes. The rest, of whom three were children, had been sold as domestic slaves.

Mr Brain also revealed that a large number of residential properties were being used to sell sex (of the 822 premises raided, nearly 600 were private homes). "In some of the cases, neighbours have not suspected any kind of unusual activity," he said.

Prostitution and people-trafficking is now the third most lucrative black-market trade in the world after gun-running and drugs-smuggling. It is being driven by growing demand for prostitutes in the UK, with websites promoting sex flourishing and local newspapers carrying advertisements for prostitutes. Gangs often share the income from internet "bookings".

Ministers also said children were being trafficked into Britain to grow cannabis or to join street crime gangs. There are plans for a further crackdown on fraudsters who smuggle children to make bogus welfare claims.

Olena's story

Olena, 23, escaped last year from a brothel in Sheffield:

"I come from a very poor area of Ukraine. I went to Moldova with a friend who said he could help me get work, but he sold me to some Albanians. They locked me in their house, raped me and beat me regularly. I was taken to the UK, to a massage parlour in Sheffield, where I was forced to see up to 15 clients a day but could not keep any of the money. The men visited my mother and told her that if I returned home they would
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/18000-women-and-children-trafficked-into-uk-sex-trade-859106.html
Re: Ugly Britain by lucabrasi(m): 2:47pm On Nov 24, 2008
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/3440150/Baby-used-as-punchbag-died-despite-60-visits-from-social-services.html

A 17-month-old boy, who was seen by social services 60 times in eight months, died after repeatedly being used "as a punchbag" and having his back broken.

By Caroline Gammell
Last Updated: 6:12AM GMT 12 Nov 2008

; http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid1488655367/bctid1914014886 http://www.brightcove.com/channel.jsp?channel=1139053637
The toddler - known as Baby P - suffered more than 50 injuries and was on the child protection register but was allowed to stay in the care of his mother, her boyfriend and their lodger.

Today, his 32-year-old "step-father" and lodger Jason Owen, 36, were convicted of causing or allowing Baby P's death, a charge already admitted by the child's 27-year-old mother.

The trial at the Old Bailey heard about a catalogue of failings on the part of social workers, health visitors and police.

One consultant paediatrician failed to spot Baby P's broken back or ribs in August last year - just 48 hours before his death - while police told the mother she would not be prosecuted after being arrested twice for suspected child cruelty.

The court heard how she had been able to manipulate the situation with lies and even got away with smearing Baby P with chocolate to hide bruises.

By the end, he was unrecognisable, his curly, golden locks shaved off, his cheeks hollow and his eyes dead to the world.

The family, from Haringey, north London, cannot be named for legal reasons.

But they were under the care of the same social services responsible for Victoria Climbie, who was tortured to death by her great aunt and her boyfriend in 2000.

Mor Dioum, director of the Victoria Climbie Foundation, set up to improve child protection, said: "This case is worse than Climbié. The signs were there but were not followed."

There were "systematic and operational failures that led to the tragic and sad death of such a beautiful child".

Gillie Christou, in charge of social workers looking after children on the register in Haringey, told the court she had agreed to keep the baby with his mother.

She said: "I made the decision at the time based on the material in front of me and based on the background to the case."

A detective in the case said the boy had more than 50 injuries, 15 of them to the mouth.

He described the boyfriend as "sadistic - fascinated with pain". He had Nazi memorabilia in the house.

The mother was "a slob, completely divorced from reality. She was living in a dream world and put her lover before her child. She closed her eyes to what was going on".

After the case, police said they had complied with a multi-agency long-term care plan for the family.

But procedures have now been toughened up to give police more confidence in challenging decisions.

Detective Superintendent Caroline Bates said police errors were made which caused a delay at the start of the abuse inquiry, but these had not been significant to the outcome.

She said: "With hindsight, having the benefit of a major investigation, we know quite clearly that the mother was lying and trying to subvert agencies involved with the family."

The mother had appeared to be co-operating with agencies but "she constantly conspired to prevent us knowing what was going on".

In June "police officers felt very strongly that he should not be returned" to his mother.

A police inspector asked twice if the threshold had been reached to start care proceedings.

"This was a huge tragedy which should have been avoided. If we had only known the truth about the adults in the house," said Ms Bates.

Great Ormond Street Hospital, which provides paediatric services to children from Haringey, said Dr Sabah Al-Zayyat, who was involved in the failed clinic check, is no longer working there.

Victoria Adjo Climbié (2 November 1991 – 25 April 2000) was abused and murdered by her guardians in London, England, in 2000. The public outrage at her death led to a public inquiry which produced major changes in child protection policies in the United Kingdom, including the formation of the Every Child Matters programme; the introduction of the Children Act 2004; the creation of the ContactPoint project, a planned government database that will hold information on all children in England and Wales; and the creation of the Office of the Children's Commissioner chaired by the Children's Commissioner.[1]

Both her guardians, Marie-Thérèse Kouao (born 18 July 1956 in Bonoua, Ivory Coast) and Carl Manning (born 31 October 1972), were convicted of murder and sentenced to life imprisonment at their trial on 12 January 2001.[2]

Born in Abobo, Ivory Coast, Climbié moved to England at the age of seven with her great-aunt Kouao. It is suspected that Kouao started abusing Climbié soon after her arrival in the country, and the abuse worsened when Kouao moved in with Carl Manning. Up to her death, the police, the social services department of many local authorities, the National Health Service, the NSPCC, and local churches all had contact with her, and noted the signs of abuse. However, in what the judge in the trial following Victoria's death described as "blinding incompetence", all failed to properly investigate the abuse and little action was taken. She died in April 2000, aged eight.

Contents [hide]
1 Abuse
1.1 First hospital admission
1.2 Second hospital admission
1.3 Post-hospital events
2 Death and trial
3 Inquiry
3.1 Laming controversy
3.2 Obstruction of evidence
3.3 Hearings
3.4 Racial considerations
4 Aftermath
4.1 Laming report
4.2 Criticism of agencies
4.3 Criticism of the report
4.4 Other
5 See also
6 References
7 External links

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victoria_Climbi%C3%A9
@angie fan
pictures on request wink
at least we have an excuse in nigeria,what excuse do you have for your failures in britain seeing as most of what yoyuu have highlighted happenes in "ALMIGHTY BRITAIN"as well, i v got more st5ories if you want still
Re: Ugly Britain by AngieFan(f): 3:39pm On Nov 24, 2008
An excuse for this?

What Excuse could Nigeria possibly have? Please enlighten me.

Grown men taking shitting in public all around Lagos https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-167991.0.html

Re: Ugly Britain by lucabrasi(m): 7:20pm On Nov 24, 2008
@angiefan
how r bout

EXORBITANT AMOUNTS CHARGED BY LANDLORDS HENCE "THESE GROWN MEN"HAVING TO BUILD SHANTIES ON THE WATER, NOW PLEASE ENLIGHTEN US HOW ONE CAN BUILD A FUNCTIONAL TOILET AND BATHROOM ON WOODEN STILTS, BESIDES THE PRICE OF A WC IS ENOUGH TO PAY FOR THE WHOLE SHANTY THERE

heres some more of mine, sorry i dont know how to do the photos smiley

London is the most expensive and dirtiest European city to visit, but is the best for parks and parties, a traveller survey said.

Despite the British capital's poor ranking for cleanliness and value for money, it is still the most favoured destination for travellers visiting Europe, TripAdvisor said.

Paris and Rome were also seen as costly and dirty.

London, though, had the best nightlife and was the second-most favoured place for shopping behind Paris, the survey said.

Paris, unsurprisingly, ranked as the most romantic with French cuisine regarded the best.

"It may be considered expensive but it seems that London's still the best for travellers and the canny ones will always find good value," said TripAdvisor spokesman Ian Rumgay.

"London's top place for public parks is a well deserved testimony to the volume and variety of green space that visitors can enjoy in the city."

London joined Dublin and Amsterdam for having the friendliest locals but tourists ranked it their second-most disliked city for unfriendly hosts, behind the French, and just in front of people from Moscow.

The accolade for the most forgettable city went to the Belgian capital Brussels, despite it being home to world-famous beer, chocolate and waffles as well as the European parliament.

The Swiss city of Zurich was also said to be boring, along with Warsaw.

The survey of 1,100 people worldwide found that bargain hunters headed to eastern European favourites Prague and Budapest, Hungary while tourists wanting the cleanest holiday went to Zurich.

September was found to be the favourite time to visit.

http://travel.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=391086

A BIG HAND FOR LONDON;THE DIRTIEST CITY "IN THE WHOLE OF EUROPE"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111 grin grin grin
NOW ANGIEFAN WHAT EXCUSE HAVE YOU GOT, AT LEAST WE HAVE CORRUPT LEADERS AND WE KNOW WE ARE A THIRD WORLD COUNTRY
Re: Ugly Britain by lucabrasi(m): 7:29pm On Nov 24, 2008
Last Updated: Thursday, 11 October 2007, 14:51 GMT 15:51 UK

E-mail this to a friend Printable version

Hospital bug deaths 'scandalous'

The commission found countless examples of dirt
The deaths of 90 hospital patients from clostridium difficile are "scandalous", Health Secretary Alan Johnson has said.
Kent police have launched an investigation into whether the Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust should be prosecuted for the deaths.

The Healthcare Commission said a "litany" of errors in infection control had caused the "avoidable tragedy".

The trust said it had not been prepared for "an outbreak of that size and complexity" but had learned lessons.

The commission's report said nurses at the trust were too rushed to wash hands and left patients to lie in their own excrement.

For many of these patients there may well have been a good chance that they would have recovered if all steps had been taken

Heather Wood
Report author

Q&A: Clostridium difficile

Mr Johnson said he was shocked by the findings, but denied accusations the problems were caused by staff being put under pressures to meet government A and E targets.

He said copies of the report would now be sent to all trusts so lessons could be learnt.

A Kent Police spokesman said the force was "in the process of reviewing the contents" of the report.

"The purpose of the review is to see if any criminal acts have taken place," he said.

READ THE FINDINGS

Health Commission report on C.difficile at Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust [1.72MB]
Most computers will open this document automatically, but you may need Adobe Reader
Download the reader here

Heather Wood, the report's lead author, told BBC Radio Five Live many lives could have been saved.

"I think it's certainly a call to arms for the National Health Service.

"I would think the lessons, not just about cleanliness, hygiene and infection control, but the care provided to patients who contract C.difficile is something that has wider lessons for the NHS.

"For many of these patients there may well have been a good chance that they would have recovered if all steps had been taken."

Death rate

The commission began its investigations amid a string of complaints about cleanliness, and was particularly alarmed after the trust claimed no-one had died from the condition despite admitting there had been hundreds of cases.

This seemed highly improbable given that the average death rate is between 6% and 7%.

Nigel Ellis, head of investigations at the Healthcare Commission, told BBC One's Breakfast: "The hospital trust didn't even pick up the first of the two outbreaks, wasn't aware that it was an outbreak at the time.

NURSES DID NOT ALWAYS
Wash hands
Empty/clean commodes
Help patients go to toilet
Clean mattresses
Wear aprons/gloves

'My mother died'

"And when the second outbreak came about, they were still not quick enough to act to take the steps that we would consider to be reasonable."

He said the commission concluded that "presumably their priorities were elsewhere".

He added: "There is no reason that the safety of patients in this way can be considered to be a secondary consideration."

The watchdog examined a sample of 50 patients out of a total of 345 to whom various causes of death had been attributed, but who were also known to have had C.difficile, between April 2004 and September 2006.

It concluded that C.difficile - a bacterial infection of the gut which mainly affects the elderly - was definitely or probably the main cause of death for 90 patients.

It was definitely a contributing factor in the deaths of a further 124, and a probable factor in another 55.

Nurse shortages

The trust's chief executive, Rose Gibb, resigned last week.

But the Healthcare Commission said despite her departure, nothing short of a full review of the trust's leadership would be appropriate in the circumstances.

Commodes were not properly cleaned after use

The commission described the trust as one which had been facing some "serious challenges", not least those brought on by a recent merger.

But it suggested that the board's fixation with meeting financial targets got in the way of making sure safety was a priority, and it accused members of not addressing problems consistently raised by patients and staff.

These included the shortage of nurses, which in turn led to poor care for patients.

For instance, nurses did not have time to wash their hands properly, and left patients to lie in their own excrement because they had not been able to assist them to a commode.

The report found that shortages were so dire that nurses told patients to "go in their beds".

HAVE YOUR SAY
Thorough washing, using soap and hot water and the use of aseptic technique is required.

Tony, UK

Send us your comments

Patients with C.difficile were also moved between wards, increasing the risk of infection.

In some instances this was due to concerns about meeting the government's targets for waiting times for treatment in A&E wards, the report said.

Isolation wards were few and far between, and sometimes the infected were simply kept in the middle of the ward.

Saying sorry

The commission noted there were "worrying similarities" with the last serious C.difficile outbreak it had investigated at Stoke Mandeville hospital, in which 30 patients died.

Both involved old hospitals, both had recently undergone mergers, and at both the boards were "preoccupied with finance".

The commission is urging trusts to treat C.difficile as a condition in its own right, rather than a complicating factor.

In addition, antibiotics should be used with utmost care in treating the condition, as they can easily make it worse by killing the so-called "friendly" bacteria in the gut which help the body fight it.

MAIDSTONE AND TUNBRIDGE WELLS TRUST
Maidstone Hospital
Kent and Sussex Hospital
Pembury Hospital

Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells Trust welcomed the recommendations.

Medical director Dr Malcolm Stewart said the trust had not been prepared for an outbreak of that size or complexity but said although it was a steep learning curve "lessons were learnt".

He added that managers of trusts were "trying to juggle with many balls".

His own trust was changing the way it offered services internally and externally, opening an independent sector treatment centre, managing a financial deficit as well as applying for foundation trust status.

"This is a hugely ambitious programme to manage at one point in time.

"That doesn't excuse what happened of course because your first priority must be always the safety and the quality of patient care."

The government has pledged £140m to tackle C.difficile as part of the Comprehensive Spending Review.

ALL THIS DIRTY AND STINKING BRITISH HOSPITALS IN SPITE OF AN N.H.S BUDGET OF MORE THAN 100 BILLION POUNDS STERLING!!!!!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/1935730.stm
@ANGIEFAN
DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH THAT IS IN NIRA??THAT IS LIKE 2 TRILLION NAIRA GUESS WHAT NIGERIA'S TOTAL BUDGET IS 15.2 BILLION "DOLLARS"NOT POUNDS, SO PLEASE WHAT IN THE HELL IS THE EXCUSE FOT HAVING STINKINGG HOSPITALS IN BRITAIN AFTER A BUDGET THAT WILL SUSTAIN THE WHOLE OF AFRICA HAS BEEN SPENT JUST THIS YEAR ALONE!!!!IM WAITING , STILL GOT MORE
Re: Ugly Britain by AngieFan(f): 7:26am On Nov 25, 2008
More from Ugly Britain. grin grin grin grin grin

poor Mama

No excuses! Deal with your own shit before criticising others!
Re: Ugly Britain by felifeli: 7:38pm On Nov 25, 2008
@angiefan
Prime asshole - 100% British
We have seen all these a million times and it's all that we ever see in the western press so what's new ? Can you truthfully say that this is all that Nigeria is about ? But British bred (mad cow disease and all) are never known for telling the truth anyway and you've just aptly demonstrated that . Nevertheless on behalf of all the real Nigerians on Nairaland and elsewhere we sympathise with you for whatever the nature of your current illness is cheesy
Re: Ugly Britain by Busybody2(f): 7:08pm On Nov 26, 2008
Hmmn, MFI has jone gone into administration, 33,000 jobs to go cry
Woolworth has also been forced onto its knees, the 800 shops are on sale for £1 each embarassed
Re: Ugly Britain by felifeli: 9:59pm On Nov 26, 2008
Busy_body:

Hmmn, MFI has jone gone into administration, 33,000 jobs to go cry
Woolworth has also been forced onto its knees, the 800 shops are on sale for £1 each embarassed

Thank you for the investment tip my sis ;
Lesson of the day : Nigeria may be bad but can only get BETTER , UK can only get WORSE .
@busybody
Can you give me one dozen Woolworths please ? I will be paying cash grin
Re: Ugly Britain by AngieFan(f): 10:15pm On Nov 26, 2008

Hospital

Re: Ugly Britain by felifeli: 11:08pm On Nov 26, 2008
@angiefan
How pathetic ; you must be running out of pictures to jerk off with , this set aren't half as gory as the first batch grin

Go fetch more you slacker angry
Re: Ugly Britain by lucabrasi(m): 12:20am On Nov 27, 2008
@angiefan
why did you ignore my mrsa and stikieast and dirty british hospitals articles grin we are oth in the same category grin
at least our own african mama is trying to fend for themselves by any means rather than benefitsBritish man raped daughters, fathered nine grandchildrenFont Size: Decrease Increase Print Page: Print Rosemary Bennett and David Brown | November 26, 2008
Article from: The Times
A BRITISH man has been jailed for raping his two daughters and fathering nine of his own grandchildren.

A major investigation into the failings of police and social services in two counties has been launched as a result of the shocking case.

The 56-year-old businessman from Sheffield held his daughters virtual prisoners for 25 years, moving them around houses in South Yorkshire, in northeast England and Lincolnshire, in central England, to avoid detection.

The sexual abuse, which has chilling parallels to the case of the Austrian rapist Josef Fritzl, started when the girls were eight years old. Their father would rape them up to three times a week and punch, kick and hold them to the flames of a gas fire if they refused his demands.

The women were at Sheffield Crown Court to hear a judge give him 25 life sentences for rape, with a minimum term of 19 and a half years. The man, who cannot be named to protect his victims' identities, refused to attend.

The two women became pregnant 19 times in all. Two of their nine children died at birth.

Sentencing Mr X, Judge Alan Goldsack, QC, said: "In nearly 40 years of dealing with criminal cases and 14 as a family judge the combination of aggravating circumstances here is the worst I have come across."

Politicians and child protection experts asked how the abuse was not detected by the numerous social workers, doctors, teachers and police officers who came into contact with the ever-expanding family over 20 years.

Sheffield City Council has launched an independent inquiry, and the role of South Yorkshire Police, Lincolnshire County Council and Lincolnshire Police will also be examined. Both councils said that the family was known to them. The court was told of several contacts with authorities that could have raised the alarm.

The daughters described their father's sentencing as a final escape from decades of mental and physical torture.

"His detention in prison brings us only the knowledge that he cannot physically touch us again," they said in a statement. "The suffering he has caused will continue for many years and we must now concentrate our thoughts on finding the strength to rebuild our lives."

The inquiries are likely to focus on health professionals' failure to raise the alarm. James Baird, representing the defendant, said that it was inconceivable that the crimes could go unnoticed. "All the signs were indicative of an incestuous relationship," he said.

Social services in Lincolnshire had contact with the family when the daughters were young and suspicions were raised about the children's parentage. In 1997 the women's brother came forward with "hearsay evidence" of incest. Police investigated the claim, but no further action was taken. The family moved back to South Yorkshire in 2004 and social services again became involved, but the abuse went undetected.

Chief Superintendent Simon Torr, of South Yorkshire Police, defended the force from claims that it could have stopped the abuse earlier. "This has been a thorough, robust, timely and professional investigation from the moment that the victims first disclosed the abuse, and Sheffield City Council have fully supported the police in bringing about a successful prosecution," he said.

m bros and sisters can still leave their children with my dad without any fear grin
angie,why are your people like this

Claire Jones became pregnant after an affair with work colleague Marcus Bezerra, Cardiff Coroner's Court heard.

She hid her condition from friends and family, including partner of 11 years David Stoneman, by claiming a wheat allergy caused a hard mass to form in her stomach.

When she experienced pains in the early hours of December 28 last year, a week after her due date, she put it down to the diarrhoea from which she was suffering. Ms Jones said she did not realise she had given birth to son Daniel until she flushed the toilet at her partner's parents' home in Penarth, South Wales, where she had been celebrating Christmas.

Ms Jones, of Pontnewydd, Cwmbran, South Wales, told the inquest: "While I was still on the toilet, I flushed it, and I felt something pull. I stood up slightly, and I could see a foot in the bowl of the toilet."

Sobbing, Ms Jones said: "I could see the baby's foot, so I pulled the baby out. I sat by the toilet. I put him on my lap. He wasn't crying. I was trying to feel for a pulse and there was nothing."

Ms Jones, who had her mobile phone with her, said she did not call for help because she panicked and tried to revive him on her own. She said: "I just kept trying and trying, and it wasn't working. He was blue. I wrapped him in a towel. I don't remember how, but I must have put him in the boot of the car."

Daniel's body was found in his mother's Vauxhall Astra at the home she shared with Mr Stoneman in St Mellons, Cardiff, after she was arrested 10 days later. A post-mortem examination could not confirm if Daniel, who weighed seven-and-a-half pounds, died before or after birth. Pathologist Andrew Davison said if Daniel did survive birth, it was likely he drowned.

Cardiff Coroner Mary Hassell recorded a narrative verdict describing the circumstances of Daniel's death, saying Ms Jones built up a "web of deception" to conceal the pregnancy and subsequent birth.

The coroner said she did not know if Daniel had been stillborn or not, but dismissed his mother's account that she did not realise she had given birth.

as you can see,british women will rather flush 'em down the loo than doing what that courageous african woman in your pictures are doing angie smiley
Re: Ugly Britain by lucabrasi(m): 12:27am On Nov 27, 2008
angie,you seem to hav forgotten the flood that happened in "ALMIGHTY UK SO SOON"well ill jog your memory grin

Thousands of people have been forced to leave their homes amid severe flooding across England and Wales that is now believed to have claimed four lives.
Hundreds of families in Lincolnshire, South Yorkshire, Nottinghamshire and Shropshire have been moved to safety.

In Worcestershire police searching for a missing motorist have found a body.

On Monday, a man and a teenage boy were swept to their deaths in Sheffield and another man died after becoming trapped in a storm drain in Hull.

crisis in british farms, iagine with all the unfair agricultural rebates they have stolen

Even before the foot and mouth outbreak of 2001, UK agriculture was already in the midst of a serious economic recession that was having far reaching social and environmental consequenses on the fabric of the countryside. While few sectors of the industry have been immune to the financial situation, government continues to impose regulations that exist nowhere else yet carry burdensome cost to UK producers. We detail an industry in crisis.

Empty fields: In 2001 UK agriculture suffered from the world's worst outbreak of foot and mouth disease. Contaminated meat imported from abroad has been blamed and over 6 million animals were slaughtered. The economic consequences to agriculture and tourism ran to £ billions and the implications of an ungrazed landscape are only now being understood.

Declining output: The gross contribution of agriculture to the economy continues to decline. A weak Euro has made exports to continental europe more difficult and generally world prices for agricultural commodities have fallen. In the UK a succession of problems with BSE, swine fever and foot and mouth have hampered UK agriculture's ability to export with consequent pressure on prices.

Falling Incomes: Total income from farming has fallen by 60% since 1996. Many complete regions and sectors of the industry are generating zero or negative return.

Farm Incomes: Illustrated on an index basis. Recent surveys have shown that even medium sized family farms in productive areas are no longer producing a net income. Small farms and those in more difficult areas are facing hardship and many exist only with income support.

Workforce: It is not just collapsing incomes that are forcing farmers and their workers out of the industry. With the increasing age profile for farmers (average age 59), many are retiring and no longer being replaced by their sons and daughters who have little interest in a career in an industry that so many people love to hate. With the declining workforce skill shortages in many key areas are now developing.

Milk prices: How long can dairying continue? Few industries can cope with a 30 % drop in prices in a five year period and dairying is no exception. Prices are now the same as they were 15 years ago.

Cattle prices: Declining prices for finished cattle have left the beef industry with little scope for recovery after all the problems associated with BSE.

Cattle numbers: If farmers can't make an income from their stock they go out of business or cease farming. The national beef and dairy herds continue to decline.

Pig industry: Affected by cheap imports and animal welfare regualtions that exist no where else in the world, the UK pig industry has taken a huge battering. With costs up and income down even the largest producers are going bankrupt.

Sow numbers: The breeding herd declines by over 20% in four years. After many years of losses pig producers are calling it a day. The pig industry in the UK receives no support and operates on a free market basis.

Sheep: Few sectors of UK agriculture have escaped the recession. Finished sheep prices have fallen by nearly 30% in the period illustrated. Sheep are key grazing livestock for maintaining the biodiversity of grass swards but when there is no incentive to keep a flock, what price biodiversity?

Cereal prices: A 40% drop in output prices in a five year period explains the crisis that affects cereal production. Wheat is the UK's most important crop.

Cereal prices: Barley prices closely mirror wheat and there remains only a small premium for the production of quality malting barley.

Oil seeds: No crops are immune from the recession. Oilseed rape showing the characteristic collapse in output.
Re: Ugly Britain by lucabrasi(m): 12:38am On Nov 27, 2008
while the united kingdom property prices are plummeting, our property prices in nigeria is increasing, a plot of land in ikeja lagos will buy a victorian 3 /4 bedroom house anywhere in britain, wow i love nigeria

Empty homes: Urban crisis in some cities

By Dominic Casciani
BBC News Online

Attention tends to focus on house prices in the south-east. But the problems faced by northern England are far more dramatic.

It's not unheard of in London for someone to give a flat a lick of paint, strip the floorboards and see the value go up by £10,000.

But how would you feel if you spent £74,000 on home improvements only to discover the property was no longer worth more than £5,000.

That is what happened to one home owner in the north-west and it sums up the different kind of housing crisis faced by northern England.

According to a recent investigation by MPs, large areas of northern English cities are in danger of becoming a devastated "no-man's land".

The report published in March found that there were approximately 750,000 empty properties across England.

On top of this, there are an estimated 850,000 homes in areas at risk of completely collapsing in value. The true figures may be far worse.

Newcastle upon Tyne is an example of a city with complicated housing problems caused by a historic mix of unemployment and declining population.

The city's Quayside is a 1990s regeneration success story - housing, employment and leisure in an area that has lifted the city.

But a few miles away, there are streets of empty properties apparently abandoned to the vandals.

Those who can't get out are trapped in a home decreasing in value all the time.

Subtle jigsaw

Housing departments were the big losers of the cuts in council spending in the 1980s.

Coronation Street: No longer wanted
Today, they say that the legacy is in their inability to regenerate communities and intervene where the housing market is suffering.

In turn, housing is part of the subtle urban package including transport, planning and education that makes an area attractive to employers and residents alike.

Poor housing is not the cause of decline, say the planners, but it is the most visible symptom of where things have gone wrong.

Andrew Bennett, the MP who chaired the report published in March, warned the government that it had to act to save northern cities.

"We visited Burnley, Bootle, Liverpool and Manchester," he said at the time.

"We were shocked to see the scale of the problem of empty homes and low demand with row upon row of terraced houses lying abandoned.

"Many people cannot sell their houses. They face negative equity and suffer very high crime rates, anti-social neighbours and collapsing local services.

"This is a massive problem and getting worse."

Market failure

Gwyneth Taylor, head of housing at the Local Government Association, said that there was a serious issue with "market failure" in the north.

New homes: New des res
"In many areas, housing problems are related to the need for neighbourhood and economic regeneration," she said.

"What we hope the government will do is extend the 'pathfinder projects' for areas where there is low demand, abandonment and home owners trapped because they can't sell."

One pilot in Salford will see the council help people take their mortgage from abandoned areas into new homes, leaving the negative equity behind.

Then the old area can then be turned into something new for the city - not necessarily housing.

Northern crisis: Pilot areas for special help
Greater Manchester

Merseyside

East Lancs

Oldham and Rochdale

South Yorks

Hull
Tyneside

Stoke
Birmingham/Sandwell

"In some cities there has been significant population decline," says Ms Taylor. "Councils will need to demolish whole areas. But then they can replace these with green spaces or business parks."

So is this a return to the slum clearances of the 1960s that changed the urban face of Britain? Not quite. What housing experts want is joined-up policy on housing, planning, transport and urban revival - rather than knee-jerk bulldozing and rebuilding.

Hull is another of the areas sharing the first £25m handed out by government.

While Manchester and Newcastle suffer the "two-speed" problem of rising and falling markets at the same time, Hull's head of housing Janet Whipps says her city has witnessed a rapidly growing problem of people moving out of the city centre for good.

"What we have is an oversupply of housing such as small terraces that nobody wants and an undersupply of the kind of homes that people aspire to," she said.

"We now have approximately 10,000 empty properties in the city - a third of council owned.

Hull is now trying to knock heads together with the cash from Whitehall to work out how to rescue these areas, but it says that there will not be a return to the wholesale demolition of previous decades.

The problem may appear insurmountable. But Janet Whipps says that the fact that Whitehall has recognised the north's plight, is a cause for optimism.

"This is going to take perhaps 10 or 20 years to solve," she said.

"We don't know yet how much money we are going to get but the fact that northern housing has moved up the Whitehall agenda is a step in the right direction

SOME AREAS IN BRITAIN IN DANGER OF BECOMING NO MANS LAND!!!!!!
Wednesday, 20 March, 2002, 21:41 GMT
Northern cities face 'devastation'

"Row upon row of houses are lying abandoned"

Large areas of cities in northern England are in danger of becoming a devastated no-man's land, MPs have warned.
Whole streets of houses in cities such as Manchester and Liverpool have become empty, a report by the Commons Select Committee for Transport, Local Government and the Regions said.

Many people were left with homes of little value because they were surrounded by vandalised and boarded-up properties.

The committee said the government needed a programme of large-scale demolition and rebuilding costing hundreds of millions of pounds a year to help the areas recover.

Northern cities will consist of a city centre surrounded by a devastated no-man's land

Select committee

The most recent figures - for April 2000 - showed that 844,100 homes were in areas of low demand or at risk of decline, but the situation is believed to have become considerably worse since then, the report said.

One man living in Moss Side, Manchester told the committee the value of his parent's home had fallen to £700 - the price they paid 43 years ago.

Another home had £74,000 in improvements, but went on the market for £5,000.

Private landlords were said to be buying virtually worthless homes and using them to house tenants on benefit.

'Desperate problems'

Committee chairman Andrew Bennett said: "During this inquiry, the committee visited Burnley, Bootle, Liverpool and Manchester and was shocked to see the scale of the problem of empty homes and low demand, with row upon row of terraced houses lying abandoned.

"Many people wrote to tell us about the desperate problems they face living in such areas.

"They cannot sell their houses, they face negative equity and suffer very high crime rates, anti-social neighbours and collapsing local services.

"This is a massive problem and it is getting worse.
Re: Ugly Britain by lucabrasi(m): 12:49am On Nov 27, 2008
@angiefan
in reply to your picture of nigerian police collecting bribes, here is one of yours too in fact several as it is a problem in your "ROYAL BRITISH POLICE " grin grin

angie ,tell me what excuse have your own police force have for collecting bribes from drug barons and criminals e.t.c?they get a basic salary of about 21,000 plus benefits,health,life insurance brand new cars e.t.c

our own police have an excuse of poor pay,no benefit,ragged cars,no life insurance or health/educational benefits, to think i used to see them as morally upright lol lol

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'INFORMATION is money," Elmore Davies said. "And I am privy to a great deal of information." As a detective chief inspector working on investigations into drug dealing and smuggling, Davies undoubtedly had information that was very valuable to criminals - and utterly devastating to his fellow policemen.

Davies was willing to sell whatever he knew. A promise of £10,000 from a drug baron, Curtis Warren, was enough to secure the knowledge that there was an undercover agent spying on Warren in his Dutch prison. It also bought information that would enable Warren's minions to intimidate a policeman whose evidence would be crucial to a trial Warren wanted aborted. It included details on how to get to the officer's children.

How many more policemen like Davies are there? The judge who sentenced him evidently believes the answer is "very few". He said Davies's offences were "completely out of the normal line of cases of perverting justice and corruption". The Association of Chief Police Officers (ACPO) has publicly asserted the same. David Blakey, ACPO's president and Chief Constable of Mercia, stated recently that: "The true level of corruption in the modern police service is extremely low."

Really? The Sunday Telegraph has obtained the minutes of a highly confidential meeting organised by the National Criminal Intelligence Service (NCIS). The topic of the meeting, held on June 23, one month before Blakey's statement, was "Combatting Corruption in the Police Service".

The 10 participants, all past or present members of ACPO, were among the most senior chief police officers and policy-makers in the country. They included the director general of NCIS, the deputy chief constables of Merseyside and West Midlands police, the director general of the National Crime Squad and two representatives from Her Majesty's Inspectorate of Constabulary.

They all agreed that "corrupt officers existed throughout the UK" - not just in the Met, nor even just in the major conurbations. Roger Gaspar, NCIS's director of intelligence and probably best placed to know, indicated that police corruption had become "pervasive" and may have reached "the situation which occurs in some Third World countries".

The "common activities" of corrupt officers included theft of property and drugs during searches; planting of drugs or stolen property on individuals; supplying details of operations to criminals; and aborting investigations or destroying evidence.

"In severe cases," NCIS's director of intelligence added, "this would include the committing of serious crimes, including armed robbery and drug dealing, or the licensing and organising of such crimes."

The Met has the reputation of being the only force where corruption is a serious problem because of Sir Paul Condon's frank admission that he might have "250 corrupt officers" working for him. If NCIS's director of intelligence is right, chief constables of provincial forces have a problem of similar magnitude. The only difference is that they have been far less open about it.

Consider Merseyside police force, where Detective Chief Inspector Elmore Davies worked. In 1992, it became clear to Sir James Sharples, the Chief Constable, that some of his officers were selling vital details of police operations against drug dealers - details such as the identity of undercover informers, the date and times of proposed arrests, and the location of police observation posts.

A joint operation by Customs and the regional crime squad obtained the itemised phone records of a number of notorious drug dealers. Those records showed that the criminals were ringing numbers inside Merseyside police drugs and fraud squads. So great was the fear that corrupt officers were gleaning information about investigations into drug smugglers that one major operation had to be moved outside the Merseyside police force area altogether.

But it did not put an end to corruption. In 1995, Customs provided further evidence that Merseyside officers were still selling drug barons information that sabotaged operations. In what amounted to an astonishing admission of the lack of trust he had in his own officers, Sir James secretly gave permission to Customs officers to tap telephones, not just at the Admiral Street police station in Toxteth, but also in his own HQ at Canning Place.

It was not just drugs squad personnel who were not informed of the Customs investigation. Even Sir James's own senior staff were not told. No operational orders were issued from his office. More than 30 Home Office-approved telephone surveillance warrants were also issued - many of them for police officers' domestic phones.

After the investigation was complete, Sir James quietly disbanded Merseyside's drug squad, its fraud squad and its serious crime squad. An unknown number of officers retired early on grounds of ill health, or were moved to less sensitive positions. There was no public statement of any kind. Indeed, this is the first time that this extensive corruption investigation has been made public.

Sir James subsequently set up his own anti-corruption force, tactfully called the "Professional Standards Unit". It was commended this month by the Inspectorate as "a brave and far-sighted initiative" - as indeed it is. But the events that led to its creation show how different the reality of Merseyside's corruption problem is from the picture of "a few isolated rotten apples" painted for the public.

Merseyside is by no means alone, or untypical of police forces across England and Wales. There are at least 110 officers in seven different forces who are either under investigation or facing charges. And that is just those who have been stupid enough, or unlucky enough, to raise the suspicions of their honest colleagues.

It is extremely rare for officers to be caught red-handed, and still rarer for their corruption to be publicly acknowledged by their chief constables. As the NCIS meeting noted: "Acts of corruption . . . are not normally seen or recognised for what they are . . . Most corrupt officers are efficient and effective investigators . . . Obtaining quality evidence is extremely difficult."

Obtaining corrupt policemen does not, however, seem to be difficult for drug dealers. "Finding a cop who'll help out is not a problem," said one drugs smuggler who works outside London and who has spoken extensively to The Sunday Telegraph. "Some policemen just want a share of the money you can earn through drugs. They can collect more than their month's salary for a few minutes work for one of us."

The criminal claimed to have policemen who would sabotage operations against him and his friends for as little as £3,000 - "holiday money", as he calls it. He also said that there was a contact in the Crown Prosecution Service who had been used because he could ensure that vital pieces of evidence were "lost".

Curtis Warren is estimated to have amassed a fortune of nearly £50 million through drug smuggling. He would hardly have noticed the few thousand pounds needed to corrupt DCI Davies. And though Warren is now serving a 12-year sentence in Holland, little if any of his money or assets have been tracked down.

Tracing the money is one way of combatting corruption. The director of intelligence for NCIS suggested others: for example, greater use of "integrity testing", a procedure in which a corrupt offer is made to an officer in order to test his reaction. If he takes the bait, he could face dismissal or even prosecution.

The June NCIS meeting also "considered radical options", such random drug testing and polygraph tests for officers. The director of intelligence also suggested using techniques of "profiling" in order to identify corrupt individuals - although one problem with profiling (which is normally used to help identify serial killers) is that it may fail to pick out the worst offenders, for the simple reason that "some of the most overtly honest officers have actually been extremely corrupt".

The meeting also noted that one of the controls on corruption is "a vigorous, uncensored media". Recognising the media's role, it decided that "ACPO should develop a strategy to deal with the adverse publicity" that the exposure of corruption always gives rise.

The result was the ACPO press release stating that "the true level of corruption in the modern police service is extremely low". The "strategy" seems to consist of denying that there is a serious problem with corruption at all. In this connection, the participants at the NCIS meeting noted that "the dismissal of officers for breaches of the code of conduct may prove a more attractive option than their pursuit through the courts", even though, as the minutes of the meeting dryly noted, "in a large number of cases we are dealing with serious and organised crime".

It seems still to be true that of all of the police forces in the country, only the Met is actually prepared to be open about the scale of corruption and the measures being taken to combat it. A senior Merseyside police officer told The Sunday Telegraph that he felt his force was in an impossible position - "damned if we do, and damned if we don't". The more the police arrested corrupt officers, the more the public would believe that the whole service was corrupt.

He insists that Merseyside is in the process of changing its stance. "We are going for a warts-and-all strategy. We accept that we will have a price to pay. We just ask the public to have faith in us and trust us."

But if there has been a change of heart on Merseyside, it would seem to fly in the teeth of ACPO's policy. That policy currently seems to consist of deliberately deceiving the public about the true level of corruption within the British police - and thereby ensuring that the Met has an unjustified reputation as the only place in Britain where cops take bribes.

ANOTHER ONE,

The British police force is almost exclusively run by a masonic agenda and the MAIN reason the vast majority of the long suffering British public fear even having to call these evil barstewards when a crime is committed. How many people have had a positive outcome when British cops are involved in a case?

Masonic cops or more importantly masonic Chief Constables head the utterly evil system of law and order in the UK. Without Chief Constables turning a blind eye to the political and legal crooks mega scams they could not get away with the massive fleecing of an unsuspecting UK public. The memorandum of understanding between UK police and law societies the MAIN reason why the multi billion pound land and property fraud has gone on for so long. NEVER a whisper from the mass media about this most serious of issues.This is one of the MAIN MASONIC rackets and why so many high level masons live in luxurious homes through THEFT of other peoples land and property.

When time after time we read reports of high level criminal activity by British politicians and the INQUIRIES that follow, in 99% of cases NOTHING EVER HAPPENS. Why do so many ignore their duty and arrest and jail the criminals? Because so many of the power mongers in the UK eat out of the MASONIC trough. The main reason they are in positions of power, by selling their soul to the devil. Only extreme greed, vast corruption and devious blackmailing techniques , that feeds their network, ensures loyalty is either bought or assured when they have STUFF on their duped goons. Why do the mass media continue to promote political crooks and all the major political parties that have committed so much fraud and corruption ? Those parties are ALL run and funded by the masonic network .

The satanic rituals the goons go through to enter masonry become increasingly bizarre the further up the slippery masonic pole they climb . They thought their secret rituals would protect them from exposure . They thought their mass media lodge buddies would ensure their scams goes on unreported.They thought this evil pyramid system would go on ad infinitum . They did not realize that in time technological advances would break the back of their control . Their victims would have a means to WARN the public of the EXTREME dangers of becoming one of their targets.

Many victims, to this day, do not realize they have been swindled by masons operating via the legal and political systems of the UK and that the British crown is operated and controlled by the masonic network and answerable to the British monarchy. Thousands of lives each year destroyed in civil courts run by masonic judges and a completely fabricated legal system who's primary role is to destroy anyone dragged into their vortex while leaving them homeless and penniless. Masonic cops aiding and abetting masonic bailiffs ordered by masonic judges to throw you onto the street.

For anyone as yet to face this extreme tyranny, be aware that unless you go to great lengths to protect what wealth you have created during your lifetime these fascists will use their masonic network of banks, government agencies ,councils ,lawyers,police and a myriad of other masonic spy networks to find where your hard earned cash is and ensure it is stolen by any means possible. Your home is the easiest target as you can't lug bricks and mortar in a suitcase when they come after you, and they will in time , and why we are encouraged to put all our money into our home and their banks.

THEY ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER a devious bunch of criminal degenerates who think they can get away with ALL of this indefinitely. While their mass media buddies are looking by the day even more complicit in the cover up of their crimes. We know of many victims who went to the British press and media only to be completely ignored . This while they write articles about despotic acts across the globe by dictators like MUGABE when we have a far more sinister and secretive mob destroying peoples lives on a daily basis in the UK. "

PLEASE NIGERIANS ,BRITISH POLICE TOO ARE CORRUPT O,THEY EVEN HAVE OGBONI BRITISH STYLE IN THEIR POLICE FORCE grin grin grin
Re: Ugly Britain by AngieFan(f): 7:43am On Nov 27, 2008

The President of Nigeria's staff.
Re: Ugly Britain by AngieFan(f): 8:39am On Nov 27, 2008

I repeat, deal with your own shit! The sheer nerve of some of you Nigerians, while your country, which you have all run away from stagnates in 40+ year old stale shit you have the cheek to criticise another? That plus having the audacity to cry foul when what you started is done back to you? This victim mentality is precisely the reason why Nigeria is the cesspit it is today.

Don't start none and there won't be none. Geddit? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ugly Britain by felifeli: 12:00pm On Nov 27, 2008
You seem to have a filth and flood fetish Angie , do you get good orgasms from it ? Do you have a man/or woman in your life ? Winter can be a very depressing time to be alone and I can now understand your mental condition. undecided

Three hearty cheers everybody for Angie the rubbish dump paparrazzi
Ape, Ape, Ape, , Hurray !!

My aunt is British , as white as the queen and she remembers the time when she was young and her mum used to tell her - if you don't go to school you'll end up at Woolies (Woolworths) ; obviously that has happened to you as you appear not to have done much schooling ! Sorry your Woolworths job is gone, what next now Angie ? Dole , drugs, no hard feelings we'll give you a job in Nigeria if you want - sweeping streets in VI.

To expatiate, you have proved consistently thick in the head as a wooden block not to recognise what this thread is about , it is not about British hate but about the "Other side" of the UK which is always hidden from the world . All you have persistently shown us is the[b] "only side" of Nigeria[/b] which we see everyday in newspaper stories written by cretins like you . I am sure if you are courageous enough to show us the "other side [/b]of Nigeria" which the world seldom sees you will be hanged by your monstrous Arrow. The other side of Nigeria is about environmental renewals in Lagos and massive infrastructural developments all over the country in spite of the billions of Nigerian stolen money locked away in British banks. [b]We dash you, it will not improve your present condition.

What victim mentality are you talking about ? You seem to know a lot more about Nigerian filth than we Proudly Nigerian Born and Bred ordinarily see everyday , and that is why I conclude that you have a special enough love for filth and accident corpses that you go roaming all over looking for it wherever it may be found .

More pictures please , obviously you have long lost your job and probably handling a Love Machine this morning. The job offer still stands , we could use some more hands to clean up all that filth.
Re: Ugly Britain by lucabrasi(m): 12:03pm On Nov 27, 2008
While the flood waters appear to have peaked, thousands of people are still struggling without water or power in the worst floods to hit Britain in 30 years. The Gloucester Citizen is providing excellent coverage of the continuing hardships many face.Comments (3) While the flood waters appear to have peaked, thousands of people are still struggling without water or power in the worst floods to hit Britain in 30 years.

WITHOUT WATER OR FOOD IN "UNITED KINGDOM"I THOUGHT THIS ONLY HAPPENS IN AFRICA, NIGERIA WE HAVE GARRI FOR ANY HUNGRY ENGLISH MEN/WOMEN grin grin grin SO SAD, BUT IM WILLING TO ORGANISE A CONCERT FOR THE POOR FORGOTTEN PEOPLE OF HULL grin grin ;DWHERES BONO AND 9ICE AND 2FACE

The Gloucester Citizen is providing excellent coverage of the continuing hardships many face.

Those commenting give a first-hand account of unexpected difficulties. Jo is exasperated that B&Q won't give out bottled water to children. (6pm: B&Q have called to point out that although they are acting as a distribution point, it is the local authorities that are deciding who gets what).

There's short shrift for those who have allegedly vandalised some of the bowsers, or water tanks, many are relying on in the absence of tap supplies.

The BBC has been inundated with photos of the flooding, billed yesterday as the worst in modern history.

In the finest traditions of modern citizen journalism, there are non-media flood photos here.

Sky News has a fascinating gallery of the 1947 floods, previously the benchmark for many areas. Bored of flood waters? Then the site also shows the extremely hot weather elsewhere in Europe.

3.00pm

Although the advice comes too late for many, the Environment Agency provides much useful information about flood defences.

Plastic skirts are available to surround a whole property, or temporary free-standing barriers can protect a group of properties.

But beware. The agency says some of its employees have been diverted from tackling the floods crisis and forced to act as security guards; thieves have been targeting the barriers as they are made of high-grade steel.

THIEVES AND VANDALS STEALING FOOD,WATER E.T.C IN BRITAIN WHAT NEXT!!

3.20pm

Julia Healthcote is appalled by reports of looting and profiteering. The Guardian's man in Gloucester, Steve Morris, says there are reports that water is being sold at £5 a bottle.

WATER £5 A BOTTLE?? EVEN RAGOLIS BOTTLED WATER IS LESS THAN 3 POUNDS grin grin

This all sound worryingly familiar. Writing about the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina Katrina Timothy Garton Ash wrote: "Remove the elementary staples of organised, civilised life- food, shelter, drinkable water, minimal personal security - and we go back within hours to a Hobbesian state of nature, a war of all against all."

Blogger Cernig says: "It is no hyperbole to say it is a mini-Katrina for Brown and that his star will fall fast if his government emulates the failures of Bush's administration."

Only a few weeks ago, but before all the rain in Yorkshire, the government's chief scientist Sir David King was warning that flash floods were likely to be Britain's biggest climate change problem.

THEY NEVER LISTEN,INSTEAD OF THEM FACING THEIR OWN FLOOD PROBLEMS,THEY ARE GOING ON ABOUT AFRICA,HENCE THIS

4pm

Sir David commissioned the 2004 Future Flooding report which, among other things, concluded that 4 million people and property worth £200bn in Britain was at risk of flooding. That included 80,000 properties in towns and cities at risk from urban drains overflowing after heavy downpours.

Two weeks ago, the Environment Agency revealed that five times more properties were affected by sewers and drains flooding than by rivers overflowing in last month's flooding. Today the agency's head, Baroness Young, said a "serious look" at future drainage requirements was needed.

Back to the front line and the Guardian's Rachel Williams, who is in Reading, says the city's residents have been concocting sandbags out of 99p Tesco pillowcases. Flood levels in Reading are expected to peak in the coming hours.

Gloucestershire County Council, meanwhile, is appealing for portable loos for workers trying to patch up the sodden electricty substations.

PORTABLE LOOS,OUR OWN CASE HAS NOT GOTTEN TO THAT LOL , WOW DRAINAGE PROBLEMS IN GOOD 'OL BRITAIN, THE KINGS' COUNTRY  grin grin grin grin
4.10 pm

Melanie Phillips, reckons that anyone who suggests the flooding has anything to do with climate change is in "La-La Land". Writing on her blog site, she says: "Global warming means that whatever happens to the weather, wet dry, hot, cold-- it's all our own fault."

THANK YOU MELANIE PHILLIPS, grin

She adds: "Those who still nurture an old-fashioned regard for facts as opposed to tendentious and indeed ridiculous hypothesis might like to bear in mind that these torrential downpours are not unprecedented in Britain at all."

4.30pm

There are reports that a man died after jumping into the River Great Ouse, at Bedford. Incredibly, given the severity of the flooding, this is believed to be the first death of this flood.

AWWW.SOMEONE DIED JUMPING INTO THE RIVER "IN BRITAIN"WOW, IM SURE U V NOT SEEN THIS ANGIE, THANK GOD THE FLOOD YOU POSTED ISNT AS BAD

HULL FORGOTTEN CITY, WOW grin grin grin grin EVEN LAGOS WITH ALL OUR FILTH HAS NOT AND NEVER BEEN ABANDONED OR FORGOTTEN

The people of Hull have become the forgotten victims of the disastrous flooding which has left more than 30,000 people homeless across the country, according to the city's council leader.

More than 10,500 homes were evacuated in Hull alone after it received a sixth of its annual rainfall in just 12 hours and many residents may not be able to return to their homes for up to a year.

Carl Minns, the leader of Hull City Council, has criticised the lack of attention the city has received in comparison with other flood-affected areas.

"We are the forgotten city in this disaster," he said.

"What we have in Sheffield and Doncaster is terrible and my heart-felt sympathy goes out to those people.

"But their problems have been fairly localised, whereas ours is spread right across the city. Hull also needs help."

He added: "The Government needs to help this city with a large injection of capital, otherwise this city will not recover.

"Quite frankly if this was Chelsea or Fulham, this would have been plastered over the front pages for weeks."

About 1,500 volunteers and council staff set off on a fact-finding mission to survey damaged properties in the city.

The council has diverted £18 million from a home improvement programme for use in repairing flood-damaged homes and a Flood Hardship Fund has been launched.

Insurers put the total damage bill from the floods at around £1 billion.

As the clean-up began, a council spokesman said: "Some [residents] were forced to leave, others chose to leave.

"And now some insurance companies have said they will have to stay away for six to 12 months for the homes to be put right.

"They need to be re-plastered and re-floored and we will be short of labour to do that.

"Some residents don't have insurance so they are in a desperate situation. Some people really don't know what they should do next.

She said many people were now living with friends and relatives or had moved into hotels. There were no people remaining in the rest centres set up to deal with the evacuations. The council denied rumours that parking wardens issued tickets to vehicles abandoned in the floods. It said all tickets were suspended between 12.50pm on Monday, June 25, and Friday, June 29.

An Environment Agency spokesman, Rob Walsh, said the flooding in Hull was mainly a result of surface water unable to escape, not from rivers bursting their banks.

About 400 million tonnes of water fell across Humberside, South Yorkshire and West Yorkshire. "It would be difficult for any system to deal with that," he said.

Flood refugees face months of rebuilding village together
A WHOLE VILLAGE?WOW NOT EVEN IN LAGOS DID THE FLOOD SACK A WHOLE VILLAGE

What about us, cries forgotten flooded Hull
PLEASE HELP THESE PEOPLE OUT, THEY ARE BRITISH!!
India and Gloucester floods are not so different

I SEE, SO INDIA AND GLOUCESTER FLOODS NO DIFFERENT, IN OTHER WORDS SAME AS NIGERIAS, grin grin

Is this the end of the high street?
As Woolworths and MFI go into administration, Gordon Rayner delivers a stark warning to the retail world: adapt or die.

WOW, THAT SERIOUS?? angry shocked shocked shocked
Re: Ugly Britain by lucabrasi(m): 12:07pm On Nov 27, 2008
second part of ugly britain i present to you the movie titled;BRITAIN'S BEACHES ARE UNFIT FOR BATHING" grin grin grin grin grin

BRITAIN still has the dirtiest bathing water of any leading European Union country, according to the European Commission's annual "name and shame" guide to beach resorts published yesterday.

Only 54 per cent of Britain's coastal holiday resorts meet Europe's strict quality standards, compared with 96.2 per cent for Holland and 91.9 per cent for Italy. France failed to produce any figures at all for the second successive year, purportedly because of "industrial action" by civil servants.

A total of 33 British resorts are deemed unfit for swimming, failing to reduce faecal bacteria to "acceptable" levels. They include Lyme Regis and Seatown in Dorset, Ilfracombe Capstone and Lynmouth in north Devon, Ryde and Totland Bay on the Isle of Wight, Marsden in south Tyneside, Heysham Half Moon Bay in Lancashire, and Ayr South Beach in Scotland.

Two sites on Windermere also failed, despite having passed last year. The Department of the Environment, Transport and the Regions said that this was because of freak rainfall that flushed manure into the lake. Britain has steadily improved over the past decade.

The coast along Blackpool's Golden Mile received a clean bill of health for the first time as a result of a big investment in sewage treatment by North West Water. Altogether, 94.4 per cent of British beaches now meet the mandatory minimum needed to avoid infringement proceedings at the European Court of Justice, up from 77.1 per cent in 1992.

But other countries have performed even better. Belgium has achieved 100 per cent compliance on minimum standards in coastal resorts, and Holland, Spain, Greece, Finland, Ireland, and Germany are close to 100 per cent. Margot Wallstrom, the European environment commissioner, said: "The continuous improvement of bathing waters around Europe is very encouraging.

"Children and adults alike should be able to splash about or enjoy swimming without worrying about stomach infections from water contaminated by sewage." This year the commission has set a much stricter test that measures two microbiological pathogens and three chemical contaminants that can damage human health.

On this score, Britain is even further behind, chiefly because of lagging investment in secondary treatment plants. The latest techniques involve the use of ozone and ultra violet radiation in treating sludge. Michael Meacher, the environment minister, said: "This is the best result ever for UK bathing waters, in terms of EC mandatory standards.

"In order to achieve the cleanest, best quality bathing water in Europe, we must now meet the much tougher standards." His department said Britain was spending £600 million between 2000 and 2005 on improving bathing water out of a total £8 billion water quality investment campaign.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED,DO NOT GO NEAR BRITAIN'S BEACHES, IF YOU WANT TO HAVE A SOAK IN THE BEACH,PLEASE DO THAT WHEN YOU GET BACK TO NIGERIA!! grin grin grin
Re: Ugly Britain by lucabrasi(m): 12:09pm On Nov 27, 2008
LONDON (Reuters Life!) - Litter on Britain's beaches has nearly doubled in 12 years, with plastic bottles, cotton buds and cigarette stubs fuelling the blight, according to an annual survey released on Friday.

The Marine Conservation Society, a charity that campaigns for cleaner beaches and seas, blamed a "throwaway culture" for the rise in seaside rubbish.

Among the worst culprits are people who throw rubbish down the toilet, only for it to wash up on the beach after going through the sewage system.

"The majority of these products are made of plastic which persists in the marine environment for many years," said Emma Snowden, the society's litter projects co-ordinator.

"This should be such an easy environmental issue to resolve and yet the message is still not getting across.

"Everyone must take responsibility to 'Bag it and Bin it - never flush it.'"

Researchers for the Beachwatch survey found that litter had increased by 90.3 percent since 1994. The average density of litter was 1,988.7 items per km, or two per meter.

The cleanest beaches were in Northern Ireland and the dirtiest in Wales and southwest England.

A third of all rubbish is left by beach users. The fishing industry and sewage outlets were also identified as major sources.

The rise in plastic waste threatens wildlife, spoils fishing catches and damages tourism, the society said.

Cigarette stubs were not in the trash top 20 in 1994 but are now the eighth most common item.

"With the smoking regulations (on smoking indoors) coming into force, this problem is likely to increase," Snowden said.

The MCS Beachwatch 2006 report was based on data collected by 4,000 volunteers on 358 UK beaches last September.

REMEMBER YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!DO NOT GO NEAR BRITAIN'S BEACHES!!!!

British beaches 'getting dirtier'

By Ian Johnston
Saturday, 15 November 2008

Print Email Search
Search
Go
Independent.co.uk Web
Bookmark & Share
Digg It
del.icio.us
Facebook
Reddit
What are these?

Change font size: A | A | A
Swimming at more than a third of Britain's beaches poses a risk to health because of water pollution, the Government has admitted. A report by the Department of Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) said 207 out of 587 beaches failed to meet the European guideline standard for water quality in 2008.

The Marine Conservation Society (MCS) said they were the worst results since 2001, and called for improvements in the sewer system. MCS, a charity dedicated to caring for the UK's sea, shores and wildlife, wants systems expanded to handle large volumes of storm water, further action to improve Britain's combined sewer overflow network and a reduction in animal waste run-off from farmland.

Thomas Bell, the MCS coastal pollution officer, said: "There was a high point in 2006 when 76 per cent of beaches had good water quality, but long bouts of heavy rain last summer swept pollutants including fertiliser, street debris and animal waste directly from the land into rivers and the sea, along with raw sewage."
Re: Ugly Britain by lucabrasi(m): 12:15pm On Nov 27, 2008
BRITAIN'S DIRTY TOWNS,

Cholmeley Road runs from the A4 to the Kennet canal 100 metres before it joins the Thames. This street is filthy, rubbish is in the Your top 10 dirty places
1: London

2: Reading

3: Glasgow

4: Bradford

5: Belfast

6: Cardiff

7: Birmingham

8: Southampton

9: Manchester

10: Brighton

gutters and around several corner shops. It impacts on the riverside. The area has a primary school and a mix of cultures and incomes from refugees to wealthy single people and couples. There is a community spirit but it is filthy!
Louis Carey, Reading

Every single street in the St Mary's area of Southampton is absolutely stinking.
Dave Manneh, Southampton

Kilburn High Road is an absolute mess - around the station there is litter everywhere. Please come and clean it up!
Razia Ahamed, London - NW6

In Stockport, on both sides of the A6 by the library, absolutely everything possible is thrown on the pavement. It would be very easy to catch the people who drop litter as there is a camera looking right at the spot.
Ian Brown, Stockport

I live in Pentwyn, Cardiff. It is an predominantly council housing estate but also has many privately owned properties. Between the closes of Pentwyn there are many small lanes interspersed with brambled copses. Glyn Collen, Pant Glas,Bryn Celyn, etc are examples of where furniture and large household objects are often Peckham High Street gets my vote as the dirtiest street in Britain.

Barry Jackson,
London

dumped. Rubbish builds up for ages: prams, sofas, beer cans, broken glass, mattresses. I have written to the local councillor but not much ever happens. What annoys me is the pristeen condition of the other half of Pentwyn which is all privately owned and immaculately kept, no unwieldy brambles or woodland there! The difference has to be seen to be believed. Don't we all pay the same council tax?
Sandra Finch, Cardiff

The whole borough of Hackney is an absolute mess - take any street you like!
Declan Carey, Hackney Borough

Forest Road in Walthamstow and the surrounding streets by Blackhorse Road station are a disgrace. I've lived there for over eight years and it's getting worse. It's one of the reasons why I'm moving out of the area.
Martina Fallon, Walthamstow

After visits by travelling circuses and civic events, the area of Walpole Park in Gosport is appalling. Glass and food is littered everywhere, making it very dangerous for local pets being taken for a walk.
Neville L.H. Cresdee, Gosport

I'd like to nominate Cornmarket Street in Oxford as it's a complete mess

Richard Budgen, Oxford

My fiancée and I spent last week in Scotland - four days in Glasgow, an interesting city, but full of litter, then two days in Edinburgh, a city where you could eat your dinner off the pavement, I hope that the UK follows Ireland and introduces a "carrier bag tax". When they cost 10p a pop, people won't be so quick to buy them or to discard them. The government should also mirror the Irish move towards a tax on chewing gum and polystyrene food containers.
Michael Barker, Pori, Finland

In general the rubbish throughout London is appalling. footpaths are piled with mountains of rubbish. I live in Hammersmith and work near Oxford Circus. Going out after work in the trendy West End you constantly have to dodge piles of the stuff left out at the end of the day. On returning to Hammersmith, more rubbish awaits you often blocking a substantial proportion of the footpath. Refuse collectors seem to work at obscure hours - I was bemused to see one crew working during the morning rush hour. I visited Geneva recently and there I found a city that was beautiful and clean, how do the Swiss do it?
Philip Moore, London - Hammersmith

St Austell and the surrounding area has a real litter problem

Mrs Johanna Oates,
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
St Austell Civic Society,
Cornwall

Whitechapel High Street in Tower Hamlets is disgusting.
Robert Taylor, Whitechapel High Street, Tower Hamlets

Every morning on my way to work I have to walk past rubbish-strewn Peckham High Street. The area is absolutely disgusting. Businesses in the area just dump rotting vegetables and meat in boxes on the street. People in the area contribute to the mess by dropping litter everywhere. I've never seen anything like it, and I've done a lot of travelling - Peckham High Street gets my vote as the dirtiest street in Britain.
Barry Jackson, London

I'd like to nominate Cornmarket Street in Oxford as it's a complete mess. It's supposedly being "refurbished" but it looks like the aftermath of an explosion. Add to that lots of street traders in the middle of all this chaos and you'll understand why I'm nominating it.
Richard Budgen, Oxford

The sea of garbage in our neighbourhood of Holyland is a reflection of a greater malaise that infects the entire waste management of greater Belfast

John Warren, Belfast

St Austell and the surrounding area has a real litter problem. Some areas of the town are blighted with abandoned rubbish, empty food containers and other discarded items. A few volunteers have tried to clean up the town but the problem needs the support of the whole community.
Mrs Johanna Oates,St Austell Civic Society, Cornwall

I would like to nominate London's West End as one of the filthiest places in the world. Rubbish lies stacked up on the pavements for tourists and residents to dodge. The West End makes many streets in Bangkok look clean and tidy.
Glyn Povah

Ensign Street in Tower Hamlets must be one of the filthiest streets in London. The council clearly do not care as there is constantly litter everywhere and poor street lighting allowing for regular car break-ins.
John Smith, London

Litter in Glasgow is at epidemic proportions

Joh Delaney

Litter in Glasgow is at epidemic proportions. It is just simply part of the culture in Glasgow and its surroundings towns that you throw anything you don't need on the ground in front of you. I have even seen people standing next to bins and still throwing things on the road. And don't get me started on drivers tipping their ashtrays out of the car window!
John Delaney, Glasgow

Although I've never really thought of Pepys Road in New Cross Gate, South East London, as particularly dirty, we have recently had a lot of trouble with dumping in the area. It took me a month to get two armchairs, which were rapidly becoming dumping spots for other rubbish, removed from the street.Now we have a disused toilet on the street which has been there for over a week with little evidence that the council plans to do anything with it!
C Donald, South East London

Sparkhill in Birmingham is just one big tip. There must be a sign saying "Tip here - rats are welcome"

Mark, Birmingham

Our street, Cornwall Crescent in Ladbroke Grove, London w11, is treated like a personal tipping area for some of the locals. Rubbish is constantly dropped off at lamp posts, outside houses, etc.
Laurence Cussen, Ladbroke Grove

I live in Liverpool city centre and am disgusted by the beer bottles and fast food wrappers that liiter the streets, particularly on Saturday and Sunday mornings. It is people's attitudes that need to change - so many times I've seen a mother walking down the street with her children; the child drops a crisp packet or sweet paper in the gutter and the mother just ignores it and walks on. If children are not taught that littering is wrong we will never live on clean streets.
Ghislaine Sayer, Liverpool

On a hot summer's evening on Stoke Newington High Street in Hackney the rubbish flies around, filling the air with the sweet smell of rotting fish, meat and veg

Warren J Forsyth, London

The High Street in Richmond is filthy and ankle-deep in litter. George Street and Hill Street are not cleaned very often. Every fast food chain is represented there but the few existing bins are tiny, and at the end of a weekend they are completely overflowing. Why not have every shop and restaurant sponsor a bin?
Maria Johnson, Richmond, Surrey

Sparkhill in Birmingham is just one big tip. There must be a sign saying "Tip here - rats are welcome".
Mark, Birmingham

Hackney is generally disgusting. The council keeps putting out more litter bins but everyone just hurls it onto the street and even out of cars. The main problem is all the shop waste that gets dumped unbagged directly onto Stoke Newington High Street on a strip from Amhust Rd all the way up to Church St. On a hot summer's evening it flies around, filling the air with the sweet smell of rotting fish, meat and veg
Warren J Forsyth, London

I have to avoid bin juice and swarms of flies everyday.

Emily, Brighton

Pretty much any street in Northern Ireland is filthy, covered in dog mess, gum, plastic bags, food wrappers, and so on.
Caroline

The Meadows street in Nottingham has a vaguely Dante-esque "concentric circles of hell" descent into squalor. The outer circle is made of push bins, which everybody leaves out seven days a week on the street, usually overflowing with rubbish. On a hot day, you gag as you walk out the door. In the small alleys behind the houses are bollards, roadwork signs, discarded furniture and mattresses. When you are indoors you can tell when somebody walks by outside ¿ and where ¿ by the distinctive crunching of various objects.
G. Cutter

Brighton has a terrible litter problem. Rubbish is frequently left on the street, only to be spread everywhere by seagulls eager for our leftovers. At my last flat we regularly had a whole bag of rubbish delivered to our garden by these birds. I work in central Brighton and both entries to my building are via alleyways, used as a rubbish area by local businesses. I have to avoid bin juice and swarms of flies everyday.
Emily, Brighton

For the last year I have been picking up the rubbish in Zinzan Street, Reading, where I live.

Roisin McCauley, Reading

Reading spent thousands of pounds of taxpayers' money on a campaign to achieve city status. They should have cleaned the town first - and done something about the weeds and rubbish in the streets around the Oracle Shopping Centre.
R.M. Lee, Reading

For the last year I have been picking up the rubbish in Zinzan Street, Reading, where I live. Pretty name, filthy street. I felt like a madwoman until I met other women like me. Outwardly normal, inwardly seething about the polystyrene food cartons, the crisp packets, plastic bottles and cigarette butts that litter their streets - and the chewing gum that sticks to their shoes. One woman I met recently has become so obsessive she has to restrict herself to six item of litter a day.
Roisin McCauley, Reading

Published Date: 14 July 2007
Wigan – home to the Keep Britain Tidy campaign – has been branded the dirtiest town in the North West.
But the controversial report was today rubbished by custodians of the towns.
Wigan appears 17th on the list of the grimiest towns and cities across the UK – and top of the North West filth list, according to research by the GMB union.
Some 32.4% of the town's streets have been assessed as having combined deposits of litter and debris which fall below an acceptable level, says the report by the public sector union, which has been based on Audit Commission figures for 2005/6. Three of the four worst areas in the country were the London boroughs of Hillingdon, Greenwich and Havering, who all topped the 40% mark, with Sevenoaks in Kent the cleanest - with a rate of 0.0%, hotly pursued by West Dorset and Chesterfield.
In the North West Macclesfield (5%), Chorley (5.3%) and South Ribble 6%) were the cleanest.

Full story in the Wigan Evening Post.
Re: Ugly Britain by waleab: 12:17pm On Nov 27, 2008
lucabrasi:

BRITAIN'S DIRTY TOWNS,

Cholmeley Road runs from the A4 to the Kennet canal 100 metres before it joins the Thames. This street is filthy, rubbish is in the Your top 10 dirty places
1: London

2: Reading

3: Glasgow

4: Bradford

5: Belfast

6: Cardiff

7: Birmingham

8: Southampton

9: Manchester

10: Brighton

gutters and around several corner shops. It impacts on the riverside. The area has a primary school and a mix of cultures and incomes from refugees to wealthy single people and couples. There is a community spirit but it is filthy!
Louis Carey, Reading

Every single street in the St Mary's area of Southampton is absolutely stinking.
Dave Manneh, Southampton

Kilburn High Road is an absolute mess - around the station there is litter everywhere. Please come and clean it up!
Razia Ahamed, London - NW6

In Stockport, on both sides of the A6 by the library, absolutely everything possible is thrown on the pavement. It would be very easy to catch the people who drop litter as there is a camera looking right at the spot.
Ian Brown, Stockport

I live in Pentwyn, Cardiff. It is an predominantly council housing estate but also has many privately owned properties. Between the closes of Pentwyn there are many small lanes interspersed with brambled copses. Glyn Collen, Pant Glas,Bryn Celyn, etc are examples of where furniture and large household objects are often Peckham High Street gets my vote as the dirtiest street in Britain.

Barry Jackson,
London

dumped. Rubbish builds up for ages: prams, sofas, beer cans, broken glass, mattresses. I have written to the local councillor but not much ever happens. What annoys me is the pristeen condition of the other half of Pentwyn which is all privately owned and immaculately kept, no unwieldy brambles or woodland there! The difference has to be seen to be believed. Don't we all pay the same council tax?
Sandra Finch, Cardiff

The whole borough of Hackney is an absolute mess - take any street you like!
Declan Carey, Hackney Borough

Forest Road in Walthamstow and the surrounding streets by Blackhorse Road station are a disgrace. I've lived there for over eight years and it's getting worse. It's one of the reasons why I'm moving out of the area.
Martina Fallon, Walthamstow

After visits by travelling circuses and civic events, the area of Walpole Park in Gosport is appalling. Glass and food is littered everywhere, making it very dangerous for local pets being taken for a walk.
Neville L.H. Cresdee, Gosport

I'd like to nominate Cornmarket Street in Oxford as it's a complete mess

Richard Budgen, Oxford

My fiancée and I spent last week in Scotland - four days in Glasgow, an interesting city, but full of litter, then two days in Edinburgh, a city where you could eat your dinner off the pavement, I hope that the UK follows Ireland and introduces a "carrier bag tax". When they cost 10p a pop, people won't be so quick to buy them or to discard them. The government should also mirror the Irish move towards a tax on chewing gum and polystyrene food containers.
Michael Barker, Pori, Finland

In general the rubbish throughout London is appalling. footpaths are piled with mountains of rubbish. I live in Hammersmith and work near Oxford Circus. Going out after work in the trendy West End you constantly have to dodge piles of the stuff left out at the end of the day. On returning to Hammersmith, more rubbish awaits you often blocking a substantial proportion of the footpath. Refuse collectors seem to work at obscure hours - I was bemused to see one crew working during the morning rush hour. I visited Geneva recently and there I found a city that was beautiful and clean, how do the Swiss do it?
Philip Moore, London - Hammersmith

St Austell and the surrounding area has a real litter problem

Mrs Johanna Oates,
St Austell Civic Society,
Cornwall

Whitechapel High Street in Tower Hamlets is disgusting.
Robert Taylor, Whitechapel High Street, Tower Hamlets

Every morning on my way to work I have to walk past rubbish-strewn Peckham High Street. The area is absolutely disgusting. Businesses in the area just dump rotting vegetables and meat in boxes on the street. People in the area contribute to the mess by dropping litter everywhere. I've never seen anything like it, and I've done a lot of travelling - Peckham High Street gets my vote as the dirtiest street in Britain.
Barry Jackson, London

I'd like to nominate Cornmarket Street in Oxford as it's a complete mess. It's supposedly being "refurbished" but it looks like the aftermath of an explosion. Add to that lots of street traders in the middle of all this chaos and you'll understand why I'm nominating it.
Richard Budgen, Oxford

The sea of garbage in our neighbourhood of Holyland is a reflection of a greater malaise that infects the entire waste management of greater Belfast

John Warren, Belfast

St Austell and the surrounding area has a real litter problem. Some areas of the town are blighted with abandoned rubbish, empty food containers and other discarded items. A few volunteers have tried to clean up the town but the problem needs the support of the whole community.
Mrs Johanna Oates,St Austell Civic Society, Cornwall

I would like to nominate London's West End as one of the filthiest places in the world. Rubbish lies stacked up on the pavements for tourists and residents to dodge. The West End makes many streets in Bangkok look clean and tidy.
Glyn Povah

Ensign Street in Tower Hamlets must be one of the filthiest streets in London. The council clearly do not care as there is constantly litter everywhere and poor street lighting allowing for regular car break-ins.
John Smith, London

Litter in Glasgow is at epidemic proportions

Joh Delaney

Litter in Glasgow is at epidemic proportions. It is just simply part of the culture in Glasgow and its surroundings towns that you throw anything you don't need on the ground in front of you. I have even seen people standing next to bins and still throwing things on the road. And don't get me started on drivers tipping their ashtrays out of the car window!
John Delaney, Glasgow

Although I've never really thought of Pepys Road in New Cross Gate, South East London, as particularly dirty, we have recently had a lot of trouble with dumping in the area. It took me a month to get two armchairs, which were rapidly becoming dumping spots for other rubbish, removed from the street.Now we have a disused toilet on the street which has been there for over a week with little evidence that the council plans to do anything with it!
C Donald, South East London

Sparkhill in Birmingham is just one big tip. There must be a sign saying "Tip here - rats are welcome"

Mark, Birmingham

Our street, Cornwall Crescent in Ladbroke Grove, London w11, is treated like a personal tipping area for some of the locals. Rubbish is constantly dropped off at lamp posts, outside houses, etc.
Laurence Cussen, Ladbroke Grove

I live in Liverpool city centre and am disgusted by the beer bottles and fast food wrappers that liiter the streets, particularly on Saturday and Sunday mornings. It is people's attitudes that need to change - so many times I've seen a mother walking down the street with her children; the child drops a crisp packet or sweet paper in the gutter and the mother just ignores it and walks on. If children are not taught that littering is wrong we will never live on clean streets.
Ghislaine Sayer, Liverpool

On a hot summer's evening on Stoke Newington High Street in Hackney the rubbish flies around, filling the air with the sweet smell of rotting fish, meat and veg

Warren J Forsyth, London

The High Street in Richmond is filthy and ankle-deep in litter. George Street and Hill Street are not cleaned very often. Every fast food chain is represented there but the few existing bins are tiny, and at the end of a weekend they are completely overflowing. Why not have every shop and restaurant sponsor a bin?
Maria Johnson, Richmond, Surrey

Sparkhill in Birmingham is just one big tip. There must be a sign saying "Tip here - rats are welcome".
Mark, Birmingham

Hackney is generally disgusting. The council keeps putting out more litter bins but everyone just hurls it onto the street and even out of cars. The main problem is all the shop waste that gets dumped unbagged directly onto Stoke Newington High Street on a strip from Amhust Rd all the way up to Church St. On a hot summer's evening it flies around, filling the air with the sweet smell of rotting fish, meat and veg
Warren J Forsyth, London

I have to avoid bin juice and swarms of flies everyday.

Emily, Brighton

Pretty much any street in Northern Ireland is filthy, covered in dog mess, gum, plastic bags, food wrappers, and so on.
Caroline

The Meadows street in Nottingham has a vaguely Dante-esque "concentric circles of hell" descent into squalor. The outer circle is made of push bins, which everybody leaves out seven days a week on the street, usually overflowing with rubbish. On a hot day, you gag as you walk out the door. In the small alleys behind the houses are bollards, roadwork signs, discarded furniture and mattresses. When you are indoors you can tell when somebody walks by outside ¿ and where ¿ by the distinctive crunching of various objects.
G. Cutter

Brighton has a terrible litter problem. Rubbish is frequently left on the street, only to be spread everywhere by seagulls eager for our leftovers. At my last flat we regularly had a whole bag of rubbish delivered to our garden by these birds. I work in central Brighton and both entries to my building are via alleyways, used as a rubbish area by local businesses. I have to avoid bin juice and swarms of flies everyday.
Emily, Brighton

For the last year I have been picking up the rubbish in Zinzan Street, Reading, where I live.

Roisin McCauley, Reading

Reading spent thousands of pounds of taxpayers' money on a campaign to achieve city status. They should have cleaned the town first - and done something about the weeds and rubbish in the streets around the Oracle Shopping Centre.
R.M. Lee, Reading

For the last year I have been picking up the rubbish in Zinzan Street, Reading, where I live. Pretty name, filthy street. I felt like a madwoman until I met other women like me. Outwardly normal, inwardly seething about the polystyrene food cartons, the crisp packets, plastic bottles and cigarette butts that litter their streets - and the chewing gum that sticks to their shoes. One woman I met recently has become so obsessive she has to restrict herself to six item of litter a day.
Roisin McCauley, Reading

Published Date: 14 July 2007
Wigan – home to the Keep Britain Tidy campaign – has been branded the dirtiest town in the North West.
But the controversial report was today rubbished by custodians of the towns.
Wigan appears 17th on the list of the grimiest towns and cities across the UK – and top of the North West filth list, according to research by the GMB union.
Some 32.4% of the town's streets have been assessed as having combined deposits of litter and debris which fall below an acceptable level, says the report by the public sector union, which has been based on Audit Commission figures for 2005/6. Three of the four worst areas in the country were the London boroughs of Hillingdon, Greenwich and Havering, who all topped the 40% mark, with Sevenoaks in Kent the cleanest - with a rate of 0.0%, hotly pursued by West Dorset and Chesterfield.
In the North West Macclesfield (5%), Chorley (5.3%) and South Ribble 6%) were the cleanest.

Full story in the Wigan Evening Post.

WHAT IS YOUR POINT MISTER MAN

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (26)

Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts / Nigerian In Philippines Displays Relief Items Given To Him By Government / Ask A Pilot...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 328
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.