Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,083 members, 7,821,736 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

Ugly Britain - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ugly Britain (106778 Views)

Three Nigerians Arrested At Sham Wedding In Britain / Nigerians, Highest Number Of African Criminals In Britain - UK Home Office / Immigrants To Pay Fee To Enter Britain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Go Down)

Re: Ugly Britain by stkris(m): 3:24am On Oct 07, 2008
@ ken284
maybe its coz u posted right after me, but u sound like u'r talking to me. if u are, then i recommend some

comprehension classes for u, coz we'r saying the same thing, plus i was defending pafun's point coz som folks were on

d attack . but if u aint , carry on bro. cool
Re: Ugly Britain by maedan(f): 10:39am On Oct 07, 2008
Every nation on this earth has its good and bad sides. Of course, it's fun to h8 on the UK because they can be so pompous and intolerant themselves, as if they're faultless.

The first image I can recollect of England was in the train station at Heathrow where I saw two guys dressed in kinky black leather hot pants and net stockings necking as they bought tickets. I wish now I took pictures so I could add them to the fantastic album growing on this thread.
Re: Ugly Britain by shotster50(m): 1:30pm On Oct 07, 2008
@ Pafun,

To make this balanced, this, get some pictures of Nigeria too.
Re: Ugly Britain by kadman(m): 1:45pm On Oct 07, 2008
shotster50:

@ Pafun,

No need for that - There are enough ugly pics of Nigeria already on the forum,look around you'll see. Hey just type in "Pics of 3rd World Countries" into google.
The name of this thread after all is Ugly Britain
Re: Ugly Britain by Busybody2(f): 1:47pm On Oct 07, 2008
shotster50:

@ Pafun,

Why? angry

Can I ask a genuine cool question please?

Have they actually started that rule that people with less than 100 posts should not open a new thread to show Nigeria in the same bad light, if they wish? shocked tongue cheesy
Re: Ugly Britain by Busybody2(f): 1:48pm On Oct 07, 2008
kadman:

No need for that - There are enough ugly pics of Nigeria already on the forum,look around you'll see. Hey just type in "Pics of 3rd World Countries" into google.

Dang, you beat me to that. angry
Re: Ugly Britain by Nobody: 1:54pm On Oct 07, 2008
kadman:

right and the main forces here is Britain.

@poster I really like your topic
please keep it up
Re: Ugly Britain by cryptobuzz(m): 3:45pm On Oct 07, 2008
Pafun please allow me,

One of the most famous british singers, murdering pubic lice,

Re: Ugly Britain by tumfulu: 3:53pm On Oct 07, 2008
@Poster

The diasporians will crucify you for bringing out the ugly side of their so called paradise.
Re: Ugly Britain by SeanT21(f): 4:52pm On Oct 07, 2008
Ghetto of USA!!!

Re: Ugly Britain by SeanT21(f): 4:52pm On Oct 07, 2008
more

Re: Ugly Britain by pafun(m): 9:04pm On Oct 07, 2008
If you think Molue is bad try taking the Central line (London) at rush hours. Man , this is a hi-tech CATTLE TRAIN believe me.

And it is not a localised problem .

Note : If your leg miss and you fall inside track , na akara we go come chop for your house be dat
Re: Ugly Britain by pafun(m): 10:04pm On Oct 07, 2008
Sometimes innocent people just get stabbed for fun by lunatics like this

And sometimes it is young helpless Nigerian kids who die unfortunately

Re: Ugly Britain by tumfulu: 11:01pm On Oct 07, 2008
Try the Silverlink train from Hackney to Richmond - you go get squezzed pas Molue, even sometimes Molue better pass those trains.
Re: Ugly Britain by Ndipe(m): 3:59am On Oct 08, 2008
pafun:

If you think Molue is badĀ  try taking the Central line (London) at rush hours. Man , this is a hi-tech CATTLE TRAINĀ  believe me.

And it is not a localised problem .

Note : If your leg miss and you fall inside track , na akara we go come chop for your house be that

No basis in comparing Molue and the central life. The latter looks orderly, compared to the chaos that comes with when molue arrives. Besides, does Molue ever come to a full stop at busstops in Lagos? Owa, Owa, they would be screaming, and when you reach your destination, you'D have to jump out of the moving molue. Abeg, there is no ground for comparison.
Re: Ugly Britain by KarmaMod(f): 4:01am On Oct 08, 2008
If Central Line in London scares you, please dont come to NYC then
Re: Ugly Britain by KarmaMod(f): 4:16am On Oct 08, 2008
This thread is funny though, that council quip cracked me up
Re: Ugly Britain by EloSela(f): 5:19am On Oct 08, 2008
@Poster

I don't see the point of this thread. If anyone wants to really see the ugly side of Britain then all they really need to do is to go onto the BBC and other UK sites such as The Sun and the Guardian. Nobody hides anything here in the UK rather the tendency of the press here is to expose all the uglies in society rather than hide it. The BBC have a whole section on their website dedicated to poverty in the UK. Why don't the Nigerian press or people do the same instead of trying to brush all under the carpet and going on the defensive when the foreign press reports on one of the many constant negative stories coming out of Nigeria.

Why doesn't a Nigerian website have a dedicate a section on the majority of individuals living below the breadline instead of crying fowl whenever such scenes are broadcast around the world. What are they trying to hide?

The question to be asked is why do Nigerians always go on the defensive when the ills of their society are exposed?
Why all the cries about foreign press only focusing on the ill's of Nigerian society when the Nigerian press themselves hardly ever report anything good about it themselves? I would like to add that if it weren't for the foreign press such as the BBC and CNN half of you guys would not even know what was going on in Nigeria. cool

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_depth/business/2005/breadline_britain/default.stm
Re: Ugly Britain by landis(m): 10:31am On Oct 08, 2008
The BBC have a whole section on their website dedicated to poverty in the UK. Why don't the Nigerian press or people do the same instead of trying to brush all under the carpet and going on the defensive when the foreign press reports on one of the many constant negative stories coming out of Nigeria

you missed the whole point;

To show afterall, there is no PARADISE anywhere.

And also to dish back what they are dishing about Nigeria.

I live in EUROPE and never saw a good PICTURE of Nigeria in their news. NEVER.
Re: Ugly Britain by tumfulu: 12:01pm On Oct 08, 2008
Dont mind these diasporic Nigerians - they bash their own father and mother land, but when you bash the land where they live, they scream and shout, when the press bash their motherland , they keep quiet, what do we call those kind of people? we call them bastards.
Re: Ugly Britain by kadman(m): 1:50pm On Oct 08, 2008
tumfulu:

don't mind these diasporic Nigerians - they bash their own father and mother land, but when you bash the land where they live, they scream and shout, when the press bash their motherland , they keep quiet, what do we call those kind of people? we call them bastards.

FOR REAL !
It's not as if I'm overly patriotic. It just annoys me when these Nigerians start shaking, rolling on their heads and fuming at the mouth when you diss the country they live in. As if the real owners of the country can't deport them at the blink of an eye.
Re: Ugly Britain by KarmaMod(f): 2:03pm On Oct 08, 2008
kadman:

. It just annoys me when these Nigerians start shaking, rolling on their heads and fuming at the mouth when you diss the country they live in. As if the real owners of the country can't deport them at the blink of an eye.

Naija Brits are notorious for this.
Re: Ugly Britain by bawomolo(m): 6:34pm On Oct 08, 2008
that central line queue isnt' that bad. i've experienced worse at the Red Line over here.
Re: Ugly Britain by VOR(m): 6:43pm On Oct 08, 2008
kadman:

FOR REAL !
It's not as if I'm overly patriotic. It just annoys me when these Nigerians start shaking, rolling on their heads and fuming at the mouth when you diss the country they live in. As if the real owners of the country can't deport them at the blink of an eye.

Well I am a Naija Brit and I can tell you I cannot be deported.
Re: Ugly Britain by Busybody2(f): 6:45pm On Oct 08, 2008
bawomolo:

that central line queue isnt' that bad. i've experienced worse at the Red Line over here.

That's because the picture only depicts central line during normal operation, you need to see the real rush hour, especially in the city. For a train operating underground to have hoardes and masses of flesh, spilling onto the main road overground and beyond shocked It is mind-boggling incredulous.
Re: Ugly Britain by VOR(m): 8:11pm On Oct 08, 2008
Busy_body:

That's because the picture only depicts central line during normal operation, you need to see the real rush hour, especially in the city. For a train operating underground to have hoardes and masses of flesh, spilling onto the main road overground and beyond shocked It is mind-boggling incredulous.

Have you seen film of the Tokyo underground during rush hour?
They actually employ people to push people into the carriages
to make maximum use of space. Now that is incredible. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Ugly Britain by KarmaMod(f): 8:16pm On Oct 08, 2008
VOR:

Well I am a Naija Brit and I can tell you I cannot be deported.

That's what a certain mr Tunde said on BA grin
Re: Ugly Britain by pafun(m): 9:40pm On Oct 08, 2008
You think say armed robber no dey there ?

[img]http://m.gmgrd.co.uk/res/556.$plit/C_71_article_436435_Body_Web_ArticleBlock0_Image.jpg[/img]

[img]http://m.gmgrd.co.uk/res/781.$plit/C_71_article_1041767_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg[/img]
Re: Ugly Britain by pafun(m): 9:43pm On Oct 08, 2008
These guys will love to exchange places with you in Naija

Re: Ugly Britain by pafun(m): 9:49pm On Oct 08, 2008
Re: Ugly Britain by pafun(m): 11:28pm On Oct 08, 2008
EloSela:

@Poster

I don't see the point of this thread. If anyone wants to really see the ugly side of Britain then all they really need to do is to go onto the BBC and other UK sites such as The Sun and the Guardian. Nobody hides anything here in the UK rather the tendency of the press here is to expose all the uglies in society rather than hide it. The BBC have a whole section on their website dedicated to poverty in the UK. Why don't the Nigerian press or people do the same instead of trying to brush all under the carpet and going on the defensive when the foreign press reports on one of the many constant negative stories coming out of Nigeria.

Why doesn't a Nigerian website have a dedicate a section on the majority of individuals living below the breadline instead of crying fowl whenever such scenes are broadcast around the world. What are they trying to hide?

The question to be asked is why do Nigerians always go on the defensive when the ills of their society are exposed?
Why all the cries about foreign press only focusing on the ill's of Nigerian society when the Nigerian press themselves hardly ever report anything good about it themselves? I would like to add that if it weren't for the foreign press such as the BBC and CNN half of you guys would not even know what was going on in Nigeria. cool

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_depth/business/2005/breadline_britain/default.stm

By the way that BBC page has not been updated for more than a year !! (shows how efficient and organised they are innit ? ) So we are really helping them out here and updating for them , free of charge ; with love from Naijah wink wink

1 Like

Re: Ugly Britain by kadman(m): 11:55pm On Oct 08, 2008
KarmaMod:

That's what a certain mr Tunde said on BA grin

I remember that too vividly, They all sing the same tune. Does BA deport them free of charge ?
pafun:

By the way that BBC page has not been updated for more than a year !! So we are really helping them out here and updating for them , f[b]or free[/b] ; with love from Naija wink wink

With love from Naija,Naija style swagger swagger. LMAO Pafun i swear you too damn funny !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26)

Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts / Nigerian In Philippines Displays Relief Items Given To Him By Government / Which Countries Are Visa-Free To Nigeria Citizens?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.