Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,917 members, 7,828,201 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 - Sports (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 (144170 Views)

Germany Vs Algeria: World Cup (2 - 1) On 30th June 2014 / Uruguay Vs Italy - Confederations Cup: (2 - 3) On Pens On 30th June 2013 / Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (117) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by justi4jesu(f): 6:05am On Jun 30, 2014
vokal_guy:

I think we need to be a little realistic

lol....oga wetin i do..

i still hold my scores

Nigeria 4 - France 0
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by musiwa112: 6:06am On Jun 30, 2014
the best solution for keshi is 2:3:3:2 .. it give keshi 4 layers. making it impossible for them to score him.. and it makes it easy for keshi to win.

Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Nobody: 6:34am On Jun 30, 2014
Since this round of 16 in Brazil 2014 world cup,I have noticed that countries whose names are written on the right hand side in www.goal.com always end up losing the match no matter how good they play,have someone else also noticed the same here,I foresee Nigeria losing if they appear on the R.H.S strictly my opinion and observation.
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by chinedujazzy(m): 7:08am On Jun 30, 2014
Super Eagles will Fly above France today
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Tunadez(m): 7:08am On Jun 30, 2014
[color=#000099][/color]
truth be told, we are no match to the french players. They've been one of the high performing sides at the world cup. nigeria played out a goalless draw with "ordinary iran", robbed bosnia by denying dzeko that goal and was defeated by the Argentines. i'm so sure, if it was the knockout round, we will have been sent packing. Of all the teams that made it to the round of 16, Nigeria haa the lowest level of performance. we need to just rely on "Luck" , but we need to know we can't always be lucky at all times...My prediction is this "Nigeria 1- 3 France"
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by timbros(m): 7:10am On Jun 30, 2014
France 6-2 Nigeria

OR

France 1-4 Nigeria

OR

France 3-3 Nigeria (aet)

Choose any scoreline.... But one thing is sure

#GoalsGalore
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by boyo44: 7:13am On Jun 30, 2014
vokal_guy:

We lost in 2000 to Cameroon...
we lost 2004 against Tunisia
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by victorlexa(m): 7:14am On Jun 30, 2014
tbaba1234: Starting 11:

Enyeama, oshaniwa omeruo, yobo, ambrose, onazi, mikel, moses, musa, odemwingie, emenike.

Moses comes in for Babatunde.
dis line up is 9ce tho i wud av loved 2 see mikel nd yobo on d bench... Bcoz dis yobo is a calamity waitin to happen,i dnt trust him atall
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by boyo44: 7:17am On Jun 30, 2014
safarigirl: what the hell are you talking bout? I'm talking bout Keshi's team, you talking 2000. Dunno shitt bout what happened in 2000, was busy watching Barney and Friends' then.
how many penalty do keshi play I only remembered once and we lost against ghana
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by todayguest(m): 7:25am On Jun 30, 2014
So far, only the groups' leaders have won their matches #worldcup 2014, round of 16. The Super Eagles could turn the table against France, as, the first groups' runners up, to reach the quarterfinals. Go! Eagles go!
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by kendrick93(m): 7:43am On Jun 30, 2014
bboiabb:

pls explain why most of the European countries are out. Pls explain why the main remaining teams are from north/South American and african teams..smh. embarassed
d top teams germany,holland,france are still there. if u tink d lyks of greece etc are top nations then stop watching football
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by vicenzo(m): 7:48am On Jun 30, 2014
Tunadez: [color=#000099][/color]
truth be told, we are no match to the french players. They've been one of the high performing sides at the world cup. nigeria played out a goalless draw with "ordinary iran", robbed bosnia by denying dzeko that goal and was defeated by the Argentines. i'm so sure, if it was the knockout round, we will have been sent packing. Of all the teams that made it to the round of 16, Nigeria haa the lowest level of performance. we need to just rely on "Luck" , but we need to know we can't always be lucky at all times...My prediction is this "Nigeria 1- 3 France"

Iran was a better defensive unit than Ecuador that the French couldn't break down. France couldn't have won an ultra defensive Iran Nigeria played, they have no Messi in their ranks,for that's what it took Argentina to break the Iranian defense.

Nigeria qualified fair and square. No luck. If at all anybody was lucky,it will be France, Honduras with all due respect would have been ripped apart by S.E. Switzerland with a central defensive pair of Senderous and Djourou are always going to concede tons of goals.

The only decent opposition the French faced was Ecuador,and they couldn't win. The French's group was the easiest,and now they over estimate themselves in a typical European arrogance style, it's time someone brings reality to them.

The French are not as good as they think they are.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by HARDUBUY(m): 7:51am On Jun 30, 2014
Brazil vs chile.......Brazil qualified.
Columbia vs uruguay.......columbia qualified.
Netherland vs mexico......Netherland qualified.
Costa Rica vs Greece.....Costa Rica qualified.
France vs Nigeria.......France to qualify.
Germany Vs Algeria.......Germany to qualify.
Argentina vs switzerland.....Argentina to qualify
Belgium vs USA..............Belgium to qualify.
In as much as i want 9ja to go through, something tells me that those teams that won their groups will surely qualify for quarter finals.
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Swagahyk(m): 7:54am On Jun 30, 2014
its jst 8am o, d page don reach 12pages, befor 5pm e go reach 40pages,then by 9pm na 160pages
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Swagahyk(m): 7:57am On Jun 30, 2014
HARDUBUY: Brazil vs chile.......Brazil qualified.
Columbia vs uruguay.......columbia qualified.
Netherland vs mexico......Netherland qualified.
Costa Rica vs Greece.....Costa Rica qualified.
France vs Nigeria.......France to qualify.
Germany Vs Algeria.......Germany to qualify.
Argentina vs swizerland.....Argentina to qualify
Belgium vs USA..............Belgium to qualify.
In as much as i want 9ja to go through, something tells me that those teams that won their groups will surely qualify for quater finals.
trust me, Switzerland will win Argentina

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by ados4ejy: 7:57am On Jun 30, 2014
heard moses and omeruo aint starting the game.

Can someone confirm this pls.
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by vicenzo(m): 7:59am On Jun 30, 2014
bboiabb:

pls explain why most of the European countries are out. Pls explain why the main remaining teams are from north/South American and african teams..smh. embarassed

The European countries suffered more casualties becos the gap between them and the rest of the world is closing up fast,and it can only get worst for them.
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by webizone(m): 8:00am On Jun 30, 2014
Fulaman198: It might be Nigeria 3 - France 2.

Nigerian goals seem to increment by one with each match.

WHAT AN OBSERVATION!
Bro Kudos to GOD for that arithmetically progressive ability of yours.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by HARDUBUY(m): 8:02am On Jun 30, 2014
Swagahyk: trust me, Switzerland will win Argentina
i hope so, that messi guy shouldnt win world cup this year, i pray.
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by tbaba1234: 8:02am On Jun 30, 2014
ados4ejy: heard moses and omeruo aint starting the game.

Both players are starting.
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by tbaba1234: 8:03am On Jun 30, 2014
Starting 11:

Enyeama, oshaniwa omeruo, yobo, ambrose, onazi, mikel, moses, musa, odemwingie, emenike.

Moses comes in for Babatunde.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by vicenzo(m): 8:04am On Jun 30, 2014
Swagahyk: trust me, Switzerland will win Argentina

With Senderous and Djorou at the back? I doubt. They can't withstand the fire of the argentine frontmen( Di maria, Messi,Higuain,Aguero,Lavezzi).

Though in football, anything is possible, but given the way the Swiss cracked when subjected to relative inferior strike force of the French, i doubt they stand a chance against the argentines.
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Nelbless(m): 8:07am On Jun 30, 2014

yes they are here with me, I'm pressing hot water on moses's ankle, I sent omeruo on an arrend to moshin
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Emmysteve(m): 8:13am On Jun 30, 2014

Go and confirm from where you got your rotten news
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by vicenzo(m): 8:21am On Jun 30, 2014
shaiguy: This is probably the first true test to show the eagles are a world class team now. They need to beat france.
They drew against the USA, drew with Mexico, drew with Iran, some how beat B&H, lost against Messi...they have had their test, we have said enough of "they played well, they tried o", we need to beat a world class team at a world class tournament to be respected.

WhoScored's rankings suggest Nigeria are the 5th top team in the round of 16 based on performance so far grin Just behind Brazil but ahead of Germany and Argentina sef. No matter how they came up with this their chart at least...hope dey

We need to beat France ...they are very beatable

You've got to love whoscored.com, everything there is based on statistics,unlike goal.com,where ethnic bias and bigotry reigns, little wonder they ranked Nigeria 15th out of the 16 remaining teams.
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Nobody: 8:22am On Jun 30, 2014
I don't know how I will feel if nigeria don't progress to the quarterfinals......
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by ados4ejy: 8:25am On Jun 30, 2014
Emmysteve: Go and confirm from where you got your rotten news

bros nor be fight na...abeg find the thread...super eagles starting eleven
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by mamagee3(f): 8:25am On Jun 30, 2014
France might beat us badly if the boys din't get serious today and cause an upset...

Keshi should please take out Mikel from this match, his poor passes is not needed against this tough European side.
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by justi4jesu(f): 8:26am On Jun 30, 2014
Finally someone thinking alike..

Mikel please stay at home.

Dont show your face in this match.

With you there is no difference.
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by vicenzo(m): 8:28am On Jun 30, 2014
Emmaomotob: For first goal he takes the blame of not marking Messi another number 10,the second goal was the aftermath of Mikel's inability to clear the ball that lead to Messi's first freekick in 43rd minute before he got another From KING OMERUO.He stood at a very stupid position that even a mad man can't say why he stood there marking no one.So which kain marking,accept that Mikel is useless. grin

We can stretch this blame game a bit further.

For the 3rd goal,Ambrose was the culprit as he was found stooping behind his man,rather than competing for the aerial ball. And oh! Ambrose equally missed a one on one with the Keeper that could have equalized the match for S.E.
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by vanstanzy(m): 8:31am On Jun 30, 2014
Soccer takes determination, maturity& experience to win. Both Nigeria& France have all, but the most determined will win, which is NIGERIA's Super Eagles.
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by vicenzo(m): 8:32am On Jun 30, 2014
mama-gee:
France might beat us badly if the boys din't get serious today and cause an upset...

Keshi should please take out Mikel from this match, his poor passes is not needed against this tough European side.

Mikel's pass accuracy against Argentina according to whoscored.com was 84%, he is not top notch,but he is not poor as you people want to paint him.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (117) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Algeria 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers 3 - 1 (Full Time) / England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) / Nigeria Vs Zambia: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier - 1 - 0 (Full Time)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.