Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,628 members, 7,809,338 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:02 AM

Why Is The Lagos State Government Covering Up An Obvious Boko Haram Attack? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is The Lagos State Government Covering Up An Obvious Boko Haram Attack? (3817 Views)

Photo of a goat tied to a tree roasted alive during weekend's Boko haram attack / Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities / Thugs Attack & Beat Up Channels TV Cameraman Covering Osun Workers Clash (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is The Lagos State Government Covering Up An Obvious Boko Haram Attack? by sCun: 12:17pm On Jun 27, 2014
First they called it a petrol Tank ''fire'', then a gas cylinder explosion, then a car explosion (as if Boko haram doesn't use any of those for their attacks), but some of us knew that it had all the hall marks of a Boko haram attack.
The truth is gradually coming out.....

Contrary to information sent out by Lagos State
officials that yesterday’s explosion in the Apapa area of Lagos came from a gasoline tanker explosion,SaharaReporters has now learned that the frightening event was a car bombing. Two security sources disclosed that the explosion was apparently carried out by a female suicide bomber and was aimed at igniting several gasoline depots in the area. The 9.15 p.m. explosion happened Tuesday on Creek Road near the Burma Road junction. One security source said the explosion could have triggered a massive inferno and inflicted a horrifying scale of casualties as well as damage to properties in the Apapa area, which is both a residential area as well as the hub of economic activities, including shipping, manufacturing, and storage of petrochemical products.
Our source said the suicide bomber apparently
sought to ignite a series of gas distribution plants and gasoline depots owned by Folawiyo Energy some 150 meters away from the site of the explosion.
Some four persons were killed by the explosion, among them the female suicide bomber who drove a Mercedes Benz car that caused the explosion. Eyewitnesses said the head of the female driver lay on the ground next to the Mercedes Benz used in the bombing.
The Public Relations Officer of the Lagos State
Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA), Mr.
Kehinde Adebayo, had told reporters that the
explosion was from a gasoline tanker. On their part, officials of the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) told SaharaReporters that there was a major fire outbreak on Commercial Road in Apapa on Tuesday morning. One official said the fire raged between 4 a.m. and 8 a.m. before it was contained by firefighters, adding that one federal firefighter was injured as he fought the
fire.
The Federal emergency officials said they were
denied entry to the scene of the car bomb and were excluded by Lagos officials from participating in the rescue and recovery process, in an apparent move to hush up the news of the bombing.
Even though LASEMA claimed that the 9.15 p.m.
explosion was a gas cylinder explosion at a facility owned by Folawiyo Energy Limited (FEL), the management of the company issued a statement dissociating itself from the claim. A statement signed by the company’s media consultant, Muyiwa Adekeye, said the explosion did not happen on its premises.
An account by Vanguard newspaper that first
pointed to evidence of a car bombing suggested that Boko Haram militants might have targeted the farm tank with highly inflammable material packed in a Mercedes Benz car in order to avoid detection and cause grave damage.
Although the car exploded beside a loaded
gasoline tanker, the tanker did not catch fire.
The apparent car bomb will be the first in Lagos since the Boko Haram insurgency entered its most violent stage in 2009.
http://saharareporters.com/news-page/lagos-explosion-was-car-bombing
Re: Why Is The Lagos State Government Covering Up An Obvious Boko Haram Attack? by sCun: 12:23pm On Jun 27, 2014
LAGOS CAR BLAST: Fear grips residents, workers in Apapa

Palpable fear has gripped residents and workers at Apapa area of Lagos State, following Wednesday night’s car bomb explosion that killed about four persons and left many others injured at the Folawiyo axis of Creek Road, Apapa.
Meanwhile, security operatives have shut down business activities between Trebor Roundabout (near A.C. Christlieb) and Alex Junction on Creek Road, areas that were badly affected by the explosion. Operatives of the Explosive Ordnance Disposal, EOD,
Unit of the Nigeria Police were also at the scene at about 7a.m., carrying out post-blast investigations, while the Nigerian Navy and policemen from Area B Command cordoned off the area, preventing motorists and pedestrians from accessing the scene. Workers that resumed for work at the early hours of yesterday were turned back by security personnel. Some workers, who spoke with Vanguard, lamented the poor state of security in the country. ‘I wonder where we’re heading’ Adaobi, a staff of the company whose building was affected by the blast, told Vanguard that she could not come to terms with the fact that insurgency is now at her doorsteps. She said: “I cannot believe what I have seen today.
I have been thinking that all these bombings and killings occurring in the northern part of the country, which I read about in the papers, will never get to the south. “I have never thought that Boko Haram, whose aim, I think, is to create an Islamic Caliphate in the entire northern Nigeria, would ever come to the
south. But what I have seen today is shocking. “When I looked at my office building, I discovered that the glasses on the entire building were destroyed by the blast and I wondered where we are heading to.” Another staff of a company located around the axis, who gave his identity simply as Shola, called
on the security agencies to live up to expectations. He said: “This is a shame for a government that has sworn to protect us. This has shown clearly that our security agencies are deeply confused. They are yet to come to grips with what insurgency is all about. “With this bombing, they have shown clearly that
they lack the ability to gather and analyse
intelligence reports effectively, which I also think is the only way to prevent attacks such as this from happening. “I would admit that I have not lost complete hope in our security agencies, but I would admonish them to live up to expectations because our lives are in their hands.” Residents alarmed over presence of aliens However, some residents of Apapa, who spoke with Vanguard, said they now live in fear following the incident, also called on the Police and other security agencies to checkmate the activities of aliens who have no business being in the area. The residents also called on Nigeria Ports Authority, NPA, the Customs Service and the Police, to reduce
increasing spate of traffic gridlocks that has made life unbearable for residents and others doing business in the area. Charles Nwachukwu, a resident of Pay Crescent said:”Apapa in now filled with aliens; I mean, people who have no business being here and they have been operating unchallenged. I am scared terrorists may have exploited this situation to attack our area.”
www.vanguardngr.com/2014/06/lagos-car-blast-fear-grips-residents-workers-apapa/
Re: Why Is The Lagos State Government Covering Up An Obvious Boko Haram Attack? by Idrismusty97(m): 12:37pm On Jun 27, 2014
I remembered governor fasholar once made a statement that "if a bomb goes off in Lagos he will expose all the sponsors of bokoharams". Is that why he is covering an obvious bomb blast?

5 Likes

Re: Why Is The Lagos State Government Covering Up An Obvious Boko Haram Attack? by delpee2: 12:56pm On Jun 27, 2014
Don't even know what to believe these days. Its time to be more proactive security wise... Short of words really.

Happy NL is back!

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Lagos State Government Covering Up An Obvious Boko Haram Attack? by collynzo2(m): 1:09pm On Jun 27, 2014
Cowardice at its peak.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Lagos State Government Covering Up An Obvious Boko Haram Attack? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jun 27, 2014
collynzo2: Cowardice at its peak.
grin grin ¤
Re: Why Is The Lagos State Government Covering Up An Obvious Boko Haram Attack? by collynzo2(m): 1:53pm On Jun 27, 2014
banega: grin grin ¤
Sweetheart I've missed you.
Re: Why Is The Lagos State Government Covering Up An Obvious Boko Haram Attack? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jun 27, 2014
collynzo2:
Sweetheart I've missed you.
Loolx, yuh qot your moniker back?? cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Is The Lagos State Government Covering Up An Obvious Boko Haram Attack? by collynzo2(m): 2:17pm On Jun 27, 2014
banega: Loolx, yuh qot your moniker back?? cheesy cheesy
Yes sweery, don't let them hear o.
Re: Why Is The Lagos State Government Covering Up An Obvious Boko Haram Attack? by Tintinix: 2:39pm On Jun 27, 2014
Idrismusty97: I remembered governor fasholar once made a statement that "if a bomb goes off in Lagos he will expose all the sponsors of bokoharams". Is that why he is covering an obvious bomb blast?

That's why I maintain that every Chief Security Officer of their State including the Presidency would know in-total the sponsors of these menacing group.

Ok, if Fashola said this and this event has been confirmed as an attack by BH.. then he has the floor now.

Welcome back NL. A platform that has given lots of Nigerians a voice.....
Re: Why Is The Lagos State Government Covering Up An Obvious Boko Haram Attack? by earthgreeners(m): 2:43pm On Jun 27, 2014
Idrismusty97: I remembered governor fasholar once made a statement that "if a bomb goes off in Lagos he will expose all the sponsors of bokoharams". Is that why he is covering an obvious bomb blast?

lie detector...oloshi

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Lagos State Government Covering Up An Obvious Boko Haram Attack? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jun 27, 2014
I laugh at the Ignorance of the Op and Sahara Reporters.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is The Lagos State Government Covering Up An Obvious Boko Haram Attack? by seunfly: 2:58pm On Jun 27, 2014
barcanista: I laugh at the Ignorance of the Op and Sahara Reporters.
atleast one day should be given to nairaland b4 we start all this kinds of thread.
Re: Why Is The Lagos State Government Covering Up An Obvious Boko Haram Attack? by collynzo2(m): 3:07pm On Jun 27, 2014
barcanista: I laugh at the Ignorance of the Op and Sahara Reporters.
You also laugh at the ignorance of Vanguard, Premium Times and Residents of the area who confirmed it was a suicide bomb attack on Twitter?

10 Likes

Re: Why Is The Lagos State Government Covering Up An Obvious Boko Haram Attack? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jun 27, 2014
collynzo2: You also laugh at the ignorance of Vanguard, Premium Times and Residents of the area who confirmed it was a suicide bomb attack on Twitter?
Who and Who confirmed suicide attack? I work in Apapa. and I pass through that road EVERYDAY.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Lagos State Government Covering Up An Obvious Boko Haram Attack? by collynzo2(m): 3:18pm On Jun 27, 2014
barcanista: Who and Who confirmed suicide attack? I work in Apapa. and I pass through that road EVERYDAY.
So what did you see?
Mr. I pass through the road.

7 Likes

Re: Why Is The Lagos State Government Covering Up An Obvious Boko Haram Attack? by MrRenaissance: 3:24pm On Jun 27, 2014
The rants of deluded Governor. APC are all about Noise and Corruption. They can't do zilch. They'd keep hiding the truths.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The Lagos State Government Covering Up An Obvious Boko Haram Attack? by sCun: 3:26pm On Jun 27, 2014
Thisday
Apapa Blast: Forensic Experts Yet to Rule out
Bomb Explosion

www.thisdaylive.com/articles/apapa-blast-forensic-experts-yet-to-rule-out-bomb-explosion/182017/

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Lagos State Government Covering Up An Obvious Boko Haram Attack? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jun 27, 2014
collynzo2:
So what did you see?
Mr. I pass through the road.
Believe whatever you like. I have no time for argument.

Have a nice day
Re: Why Is The Lagos State Government Covering Up An Obvious Boko Haram Attack? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jun 27, 2014
It was a bomb blast but the cover up is neccessary. Take it like that

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Lagos State Government Covering Up An Obvious Boko Haram Attack? by sCun: 3:46pm On Jun 27, 2014
gboss4sure: It was a bomb blast but the cover up is neccessary. Take it like that
Are you saying Lagosians do not deserve to know the truth and become more vigilant and cautious?

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Lagos State Government Covering Up An Obvious Boko Haram Attack? by sCun: 3:46pm On Jun 27, 2014
The Petroleum Tankers Drivers Association, PTDA, yesterday insisted that Wednesday night’s explosion in Lagos was caused by a bomb-laden vehicle and not gas cylinder or petrol tanker.
http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/lagos-explosion-caused-by-bomb-tanker-drivers-insist/
Re: Why Is The Lagos State Government Covering Up An Obvious Boko Haram Attack? by VICTORCIZA(m): 3:49pm On Jun 27, 2014
bokoharam is the military wing of apc. so he is watching the back of their junior brother in crime

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Lagos State Government Covering Up An Obvious Boko Haram Attack? by HowFar: 3:52pm On Jun 27, 2014
I think Fashola is playing for time, he needs time to speak to General Buko hari and find out why Lagos was bombed.

Someone please beg General Buko hari, leader of the supporters of APC to please leave Lagos alone.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Lagos State Government Covering Up An Obvious Boko Haram Attack? by ikweremilitant: 3:55pm On Jun 27, 2014
sCun: Thisday
Apapa Blast: Forensic Experts Yet to Rule out
Bomb Explosion

www.thisdaylive.com/articles/apapa-blast-forensic-experts-yet-to-rule-out-bomb-explosion/182017/
pls o ,where is o.p.c

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Lagos State Government Covering Up An Obvious Boko Haram Attack? by ikweremilitant: 3:58pm On Jun 27, 2014
VICTORCIZA: bokoharam is the military wing of apc. so he is watching the back of their junior brother in crime
waitng patiently 4 eko ile,egg headas,nd co to tel us hw dy intend to avege ds atack on their beloved s.w,
Re: Why Is The Lagos State Government Covering Up An Obvious Boko Haram Attack? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jun 27, 2014
sCun:
Are you saying Lagosians do not deserve to know the truth and become more vigilant and cautious?

No Government in the world will tell you the truth. Government is secrecy and secrecy is Government. Everyone in Nigeria should already know that they must be security cautious and vigilant even without the Government saying it. Somethings are better kept secret for the greater good.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Lagos State Government Covering Up An Obvious Boko Haram Attack? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jun 27, 2014
collynzo2:
Okay, cool ¤ ¤
Re: Why Is The Lagos State Government Covering Up An Obvious Boko Haram Attack? by VICTORCIZA(m): 4:58pm On Jun 27, 2014
ikwere militant: waitng patiently 4 eko ile,egg headas,nd co to tel us hw dy intend to avege ds atack on their beloved s.w,
those cowards
they can't do shit!

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Lagos State Government Covering Up An Obvious Boko Haram Attack? by fr3do(m): 5:02pm On Jun 27, 2014
The attacks (if any) should be contained and covered so as not to cause panic.
Panic in a city like lagos is not healthy for the economy.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Lagos State Government Covering Up An Obvious Boko Haram Attack? by fr3do(m): 5:09pm On Jun 27, 2014
ikwere militant: waitng patiently 4 eko ile,egg headas,nd co to tel us hw dy intend to avege ds atack on their beloved s.w,

Lagos is not the SW's
the East has a lot of interests there.
You know oblong headed ikebe men over there are cowards, Igbos there should keep watch.
Re: Why Is The Lagos State Government Covering Up An Obvious Boko Haram Attack? by ikweremilitant: 5:20pm On Jun 27, 2014
collynzo2:
gboss4sure:
No Government in the world will tell you the truth. Government is secrecy and secrecy is Government. Everyone in Nigeria should already know that they must be security cautious and vigilant even without the Government saying it. Somethings are better kept secret for the greater good.
collynzo2:
secret u say.hw wil a.p.c or even u stomach it wen fg relase a report dat d last abuja blast was caused by a julius berger dynamite frm their abj quarry?cmon bro lets cal a cocoyam,cocoyam o

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ilorin:we Do Not Want Emir Titles-idegen / Buhari Heads To Washington To Conclude Details Of An IMF Loan Package / Video: Prof. Wole Soyinka Confirms #esuisnotsatan (must Watch)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.