Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,631 members, 7,820,223 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) - Education (144) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) (549219 Views)

A.B.U Zaria 2014/2015 Admission Thread / The Polytechnic, Ibadan 2014/2015 Admission Processes For Prelim, ND And HND / LAUTECH 2014/2015 Admission Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (434) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Deasmhunmhain: 7:43pm On Aug 30, 2014
laryom1: I saw the Unilorin cutoff mark for all courses myself today... I swear to God almighty. A total of 7710 students will be admitted according to the UTME quota and 1290 DE. I heard it myself from a lecturer that the remedial candidates dominate the list and very few of UTME. Full UTME will be admitted on the 2nd list...

TAKIA
pls what is the admishun(post utme)cut off for civil engineerin?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Lordseyad(m): 8:01pm On Aug 30, 2014
Dem be like -Take Rooney, Mata , Young, Maria , Jones, And give us COSTA!!

LOL.... Ghost mode ...

Don't Quote Me!!
I repeat - Don't quote me.
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by agent9(m): 8:10pm On Aug 30, 2014
Toby009:
Instruction on the Portal.

Upload documents
For the verification of your results, supply the scratch card details of the examination body when prompted to do so. Note that you should activate the scratch card by using it only once on the examination body website. After uploading a document, check the table below for confirmation.

Cool....tanx wink
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Yungmilio2(m): 8:12pm On Aug 30, 2014
SEYIKP: WATER PALAVA IS FAMILIAR WITH EVERYWHERE HOUSE IN TANKE AND IS ENVIRON. IF YOU ARE IN NEED OF A GOOD ACCOMMODATION WITH GOOD WATER SYSTEM, HOLLA ME 08062272051.
I don't think its everywhere man
You make it sound as if its somethinh serious
Normally during dry season its normal to have water palava
But some hostels usually selfcon have water
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Ridwan1821: 8:23pm On Aug 30, 2014
Vicxp:
Bro stop disturbing yourself this only means that you should use the new card to check each results once so as to connect the card to your results,so use your jamb new card to check your jamb result once same procedures apply to your Olevel results.
Okay, nw i understand.
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by mathsguru(m): 8:25pm On Aug 30, 2014
Hello room, I don't under unilorin portal, cos I filled all d documents required and I uploaded them.. When I checked the table below to confirm, it showed the details but the uploaded documents of my jamb and O'level result do don't display and I have done these on thursday and no respond from unilorin for my clearance... So ppl what can I do Pls fresh admitted students and stallites I need your advice on this issue... If you are fresh admitted student and you have been cleared pls tel me how u go about it.... Less I forget there is no place required for state of origin on the portal hope am Right with that? Pls I need a candid and meaning advices...
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Dygeasy(m): 8:44pm On Aug 30, 2014
kolamark:
welcome to d faculty of c.i.s...........i hope dis year mass comm girls make brain o, lst year own na problem o................ 08135217486 if u nid any help....... reping i.c.s department
lol! Oga wan book space.
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Dygeasy(m): 8:50pm On Aug 30, 2014
mathsguru: Hello room, I don't under unilorin portal, cos I filled all d documents required and I uploaded them.. When I checked the table below to confirm, it showed the details but the uploaded documents of my jamb and O'level result do don't display and I have done these on thursday and no respond from unilorin for my clearance... So ppl what can I do Pls fresh admitted students and stallites I need your advice on this issue... If you are fresh admitted student and you have been cleared pls tel me how u go about it.... Less I forget there is no place required for state of origin on the portal hope am Right with that? Pls I need a candid and meaning advices...
Last year, this is how it happened;

1. Only Kwara state indigenes were asked to upload their citizenship cert.

2. After uploading the scratch card details you won't be able to view anything.

3. On clearance, if after more than two days you didn't get cleared, a lot of people DELETED their uploaded details (the scratch card and everyother) and RE-UPLOADED and they got cleared within hours.
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Vicxp(m): 9:07pm On Aug 30, 2014
mathsguru: Hello room, I don't under unilorin portal, cos I filled all d documents required and I uploaded them.. When I checked the table below to confirm, it showed the details but the uploaded documents of my jamb and O'level result do don't display and I have done these on thursday and no respond from unilorin for my clearance... So ppl what can I do Pls fresh admitted students and stallites I need your advice on this issue... If you are fresh admitted student and you have been cleared pls tel me how u go about it.... Less I forget there is no place required for state of origin on the portal hope am Right with that? Pls I need a candid and meaning advices...
Bro I uploaded same day as you haven't gotten any reply as well, what format were your documents pdf or jpeg? Add me up whatsapp 08144904371.
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by EVarn(m): 9:35pm On Aug 30, 2014
Guys, Is It The Jamb E-bundle Or The E-facility Card That Will Be Needed During Clearance Registration?
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Toby009(m): 9:57pm On Aug 30, 2014
Dygeasy: Last year, this is how it happened;

1. Only Kwara state indigenes were asked to upload their citizenship cert.

2. After uploading the scratch card details you won't be able to view anything.

3. On clearance, if after more than two days you didn't get cleared, a lot of people DELETED their uploaded details (the scratch card and everyother) and RE-UPLOADED and they got cleared within hours.
Does that mean that we wouldn't be needing d certificate of origin?
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Nobody: 10:11pm On Aug 30, 2014
When I saw the press report that was released by Comrade Yakub Ishowo on behalf of the Student Union Government (SUG) of the University of Ilorin, I could not but think that the academic and political status of our dear nation is in shambles. The press release which i am talking about is none but the one of Thursday, 29th August,which was released in respect to the increase of the Acceptance fees charged by the University from a sum of 10,000naira to a whopping sum of 20,000. In his statement, Comrade Ishowo said "However, we taught of taking a step further, by
making enquiries from other universities on what they charge for acceptance. it was discovered that,OAU is 25k,Funaab is 45k,Unilag is 25k ,UI is 20k to FUTMINA is 35k, to mention but few"
Seeing the report, a lot of questions ran through my mind about the SUG. Is this really unionism? Do these people take us for fools? Are these really the people we voted in?
I know that the situation is not the fault of the SUG, it is all about the school increasing the acceptance fees due to reasons best known to the school management but the wrong of the SUG Is in comparing the acceptance fees charged by Better By Far with that of other Universities in the nation.
It would have been better if the SUG did not react to the matter than reacting to it and all they could come up with was that they accepted the situation just because FUTA charges a hundred thousand or UI charges a million. For all i care, Unilorin isnt futa or UI. Do we pay the same fees for tuition or accommodation? The institutions are not the same.
A union government that fights for the rights of its members by comparing the school with other schools is rather a clueless one. The reaction of the SUG can be likened to a situation in which a State A which pays 20000naira as bursary to its students reduced the bursary to 10,000naira and all that the Union Government of the students of the state could do is support the action of the state because state B and State C pay 5000 or 10,000.
I am not of the opinion that the SUG use violent means to fight for the students; it will only make matters worse and it will take us nowhere, just as we have seen in the recently concluded OAUIFE management-SUG saga. But i do believe that there are better ways to react to the situation than make a useless research about what other schools charge as acceptance fees.
UNN acceptance fee is 5000naira and ABU is 2000naira …. I wonder why our wonderful SUG didn’t make research about such schools and the ones they made research about were with higher acceptance fee charges...
If our SUG people will make comparisons, they should note that UI charges an average of 15000naira as accommodation fees while Unilorin, as at last session charged the sum of 28,000naira for hostels on campus and 35000 for the medical students’ hostel at the University Of Ilorin Teaching Hospital (UITH).
I am a pro-Ishowo and I was an active supporter of Comrade Yakub Ishowo during the 2014 SUG elections …but it is rather unfortunate that the Ishowo-led administration started with this crap.
Well, this is not to criticize the SUG, but to urge the the Ishowo-led administration to give us something better as we move into the new session. We are currently expecting the school to release the fees schedule for the 2014/2015 session; if the school should ask our freshers to pay 100,000, I’ll see maybe the SUG will make a press release that they accept it because OAU did the same thing.

I will continue to support the Ishowo-led administration and the Unilorin community at large with prayers and I really do hope that the SUG will make better decisions in all issues that will not but come up during the 2014/2015 session…
God Bless Unilorin.

-Hesjay

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Dygeasy(m): 10:19pm On Aug 30, 2014
Toby009:
Does that mean that we wouldn't be needing d certificate of origin?
No you wouldn't for now if you aren't a Kwara state indigene but You would during physical screening irrespective of where you're from. Even Sambisa grin

1 Like

Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Dygeasy(m): 10:25pm On Aug 30, 2014
Vicxp:
Bro I uploaded same day as you haven't gotten any reply as well, what format were your documents pdf or jpeg.
Delete and reupload.
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Ridwan1821: 11:27pm On Aug 30, 2014
Does unilorin send text message 2 sum1 dat is cleared?
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Idboyostic(m): 12:03am On Aug 31, 2014
DrHesjay: When I saw the press report that was released by Comrade Yakub Ishowo on behalf of the Student Union Government (SUG) of the University of Ilorin, I could not but think that the academic and political status of our dear nation is in shambles. The press release which i am talking about is none but the one of Thursday, 29th August,which was released in respect to the increase of the Acceptance fees charged by the University from a sum of 10,000naira to a whopping sum of 20,000. In his statement, Comrade Ishowo said "However, we taught of taking a step further, by
making enquiries from other universities on what they charge for acceptance. it was discovered that,OAU is 25k,Funaab is 45k,Unilag is 25k ,UI is 20k to FUTMINA is 35k, to mention but few"
Seeing the report, a lot of questions ran through my mind about the SUG. Is this really unionism? Do these people take us for fools? Are these really the people we voted in?
I know that the situation is not the fault of the SUG, it is all about the school increasing the acceptance fees due to reasons best known to the school management but the wrong of the SUG Is in comparing the acceptance fees charged by Better By Far with that of other Universities in the nation.
It would have been better if the SUG did not react to the matter than reacting to it and all they could come up with was that they accepted the situation just because FUTA charges a hundred thousand or UI charges a million. For all i care, Unilorin isnt futa or UI. Do we pay the same fees for tuition or accommodation? The institutions are not the same.
A union government that fights for the rights of its members by comparing the school with other schools is rather a clueless one. The reaction of the SUG can be likened to a situation in which a State A which pays 20000naira as bursary to its students reduced the bursary to 10,000naira and all that the Union Government of the students of the state could do is support the action of the state because state B and State C pay 5000 or 10,000.
I am not of the opinion that the SUG use violent means to fight for the students; it will only make matters worse and it will take us nowhere, just as we have seen in the recently concluded OAUIFE management-SUG saga. But i do believe that there are better ways to react to the situation than make a useless research about what other schools charge as acceptance fees.
UNN acceptance fee is 5000naira and ABU is 2000naira …. I wonder why our wonderful SUG didn’t make research about such schools and the ones they made research about were with higher acceptance fee charges...
If our SUG people will make comparisons, they should note that UI charges an average of 15000naira as accommodation fees while Unilorin, as at last session charged the sum of 28,000naira for hostels on campus and 35000 for the medical students’ hostel at the University Of Ilorin Teaching Hospital (UITH).
I am a pro-Ishowo and I was an active supporter of Comrade Yakub Ishowo during the 2014 SUG elections …but it is rather unfortunate that the Ishowo-led administration started with this crap.
Well, this is not to criticize the SUG, but to urge the the Ishowo-led administration to give us something better as we move into the new session. We are currently expecting the school to release the fees schedule for the 2014/2015 session; if the school should ask our freshers to pay 100,000, I’ll see maybe the SUG will make a press release that they accept it because OAU did the same thing.

I will continue to support the Ishowo-led administration and the Unilorin community at large with prayers and I really do hope that the SUG will make better decisions in all issues that will not but come up during the 2014/2015 session…
God Bless Unilorin.

-Hesjay
I was wondering when I saw this 20k acceptance fee and all I could say to myself is "we don't have student union".....voted for this administration but wasn't expecting this from the man with the round cap...He should know that unilorin doesn't partake in collecting this fee until last session when the school surprised everybody by introducing the said "acceptance fee".....placing it @10k while the skl fees was also increased by 100% with nothing being done to it by the "ambassador regime".....fast forward to the oncoming session and Unilorin decided to do it again by placing acceptance fee @20k(an 100% increase) and all what the student union have to say about it "is comparing it with other skls"....A shame I will call it and this is coming from a mathematician, well am not surprise since 2+2 in politics is 22...why on earth will someone take an 100% increment coming barely a year they imposed 10k.

What can I say but to pray to God to keep blessing our parent's or guardian but I look forward to a radical student union in Unilorin....Unilorin knows them and will always find excuse to disqualify them before the election so as to to put those they can control at the helm of affairs.....

Someone just need to accept his/her fate in this country of ours so as to make things easy despite you paying in the hard way, our government does not have a future for us....won't be surprise if any attempt by the student union to reduce this fee yields to strike....Our government don't care....

Best of lucks freshers in the house, the Lord will kip blessing your parent's so as to kip footing your bills and to those sponsoring themselves.....I say may the Lord bless us hustle.
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Lordseyad(m): 12:10am On Aug 31, 2014
DrHesjay: When I saw the press report that was released by Comrade Yakub Ishowo on behalf of the Student Union Government (SUG) of the University of Ilorin, I could not but think that the academic and political status of our dear nation is in shambles. The press release which i am talking about is none but the one of Thursday, 29th August,which was released in respect to the increase of the Acceptance fees charged by the University from a sum of 10,000naira to a whopping sum of 20,000. In his statement, Comrade Ishowo said "However, we taught of taking a step further, by

God Bless Unilorin.

-Hesjay
chai.... Dr.
You are --Omg!--I forgot the Idioticon I wanna use to qualify you...

But I must say, Kudos to you sire, Bravo...

- Thats why peepz said we only run SU-Students Union in Unilorin, and not SUG- STUDENTS UNION GOVERNMENT.

abi see make we kuku copy am and do the needful for facebook for 'em to see this wonderful write up?

And hoping they won't compare this post to theirs also..

btw- if dem won kpeme, make 'em say we returning students should also pay ''Returning Acceptance fee'' or pay for one Jkk or another introduction of unknown crap.

Out!

1 Like

Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Dygeasy(m): 5:42am On Aug 31, 2014
Ridwan1821: Does unilorin send text message 2 sum1 dat is cleared?
No!
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Aydesmond(m): 5:45am On Aug 31, 2014
Lordseyad: chai.... Dr.
You are --Omg!--I forgot the Idioticon I wanna use to qualify you...

But I must say, Kudos to you sire, Bravo...

- Thats why peepz said we only run SU-Students Union in Unilorin, and not SUG- STUDENTS UNION GOVERNMENT.

abi see make we kuku copy am and do the needful for facebook for 'em to see this wonderful write up?

And hoping they won't compare this post to theirs also..

btw- if dem won kpeme, make 'em say we returning students should also pay ''Returning Acceptance fee'' or pay for one Jkk or another introduction of unknown crap.

Out!
the sug president they fear tanke
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Aydesmond(m): 5:48am On Aug 31, 2014
Lordseyad: Dem be like -Take Rooney, Mata , Young, Maria , Jones, And give us COSTA!!

LOL.... Ghost mode ...

Don't Quote Me!!
I repeat - Don't quote me.
passer by
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Fhonhix(m): 6:53am On Aug 31, 2014
rkarang:

Sir, where are we going to activate it? Is it on WAEC website or UNILORIN website?

I'm an aspirant sir...

And yes, the waec website
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by mathsguru(m): 8:30am On Aug 31, 2014
Pls ppl any fresher that have been cleared should pls signify and explain how he or she goes about it.. Thanks
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Lordseyad(m): 9:14am On Aug 31, 2014
NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE:

This is to warn UNILORITES against buying Second hand Phones(Used) and If
you must buy, ensure that you obtain a receipt or any form written document
that shows that you bought the phone. As this will in a long way prove your
innocence when the case of stealing arise. # PILOT General Secretary Unilorin
Students' Union.

Lol..... se ri awon Union wa yi gan, nkan ni won. . chai!

Happy Sunday jare
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by latraj(m): 9:22am On Aug 31, 2014
it seems something is going on,I was unable to login d unilorin portal........ar u also experiencig DAT?
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by kolamark(m): 9:35am On Aug 31, 2014
Dygeasy: lol! Oga wan book space.

na xo na........no tym o
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Yungmilio2(m): 10:01am On Aug 31, 2014
Unilorin turning into a private school
Acceptance fee plus tuition fee plus accomodation fee and feeding fee
Hmm
God go help
Freshman
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Alpet(m): 10:22am On Aug 31, 2014
Good Morning guyz. Prepare for this shit.

Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by rkarang: 10:59am On Aug 31, 2014
Fhonhix:

I'm an aspirant sir...

And yes, the waec website

Alright, thanks!
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by psalmsonovic(m): 1:27pm On Aug 31, 2014
Please can someone list d documents i am to upload after paying acceptance fee...
And is it compulsory i upload d documents immediately i pay acceptance fee..
#kwara indigene
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Sholyzee: 2:20pm On Aug 31, 2014
psalmsonovic: Please can someone list d documents i am to upload after paying acceptance fee...
And is it compulsory i upload d documents immediately i pay acceptance fee..
#kwara indigene

waec result(input d pin on ur scratch card & ur reg number) >>jamb result ( ur e_facilit or e-bundle pin) & ur citizenship certificate ( scan it)
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Toby009(m): 2:25pm On Aug 31, 2014
Sholyzee:
waec result(input d pin on ur scratch card & ur reg number) >>jamb result ( ur e_facilit or e-bundle pin) & ur citizenship certificate ( scan it)
Hav u Completed urs....if yes...Hav u been cleared?
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Sholyzee: 4:09pm On Aug 31, 2014
Toby009:
Hav u Completed urs....if yes...Hav u been cleared?
not yet cleared bro.am actually chilling for a YES to proceed

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (434) (Reply)

The Polytechnic, Ibadan 2014/2015 Admission Processes For Prelim, ND And HND / 2015/2016 Utme And Admission Process / Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.