Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,745 members, 7,837,704 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (227) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (922696 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by mimicue(f): 3:53pm On Sep 04, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Lol, he say lost its settings. grin

Kazeem no go kee person.

I’m telling you , car that was ok before in the morning . As I collected it back it’s story
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by thonyman: 5:08pm On Sep 04, 2020
dicksonadams:

Me then na Mobil 1 my car first drink... As body still dey shack me every 4 month ... Later I start to dey give am kuli and epa (5w30) drink every 3 month ... Saved 8k as a result..., as in I can come and kill myself.... Call me a redneck tongue

When I want to do my shock absorber bank when body still dey shack me, I waka here an there looking for the best shocks, the billing were ranging from 150k for two front leg to 55k...when my body Kool down na boss nurey inspiration I follow after seeing a post were he used the 15k-20k shocks whixh he had been using for 2 year. Mine been on for a year.

One thing I don't mess with still is transmission oil grin
Pm sent, please kindly check ur inbox sir.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Solarsmn: 5:40pm On Sep 04, 2020
Solarsmn:
Good Morning Elders in the house: I just got a Toyota Camry 2015(2.5L 4cylinder) toks at 83,000milesthat (sometimes) refuses to enter into reverse gear especially when the car is warm(i.e after driving it for a while).Everything else drives and select fine,what could be the issue?please advice.

Being an Avid user of online review resources such as Nairaland,I rely on honest feedback from previous clients.So I was at Gazzuzz workshop yesterday for him to review my car(Camry 2015)and he did an Amazing job on my car.Super friendly staff!!Thank you very much for such a Great service.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:35pm On Sep 04, 2020
Solarsmn:

Being an Avid user of online review resources such as Nairaland,I rely on honest feedback from previous clients.So I was at Gazzuzz workshop yesterday for him to review my car(Camry 2015)and he did an Amazing job on my car.Super friendly staff!!Thank you very much for such a Great service.

Thanks for the patronage
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Jovannyj: 8:04pm On Sep 04, 2020
*Plz I need help
My toyota camry 1999 model gives me the p0401* code, ie, EGR insufficient detected. I noticed my EGR modulator was stuck (air wouldn't pass through), the modulator was changed. However the code remains.
Then I had to take a look at the *throttle body* attached to the manifold, and I noticed that I can't also suck air from the two hoses fro. The throte body that leads to the EGR Modulator, is it supposed to be so, isn't those lines suppose to be free for air flow?
Please I need help
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Jovannyj: 8:10pm On Sep 04, 2020
GAZZUZZ:
This thread is dedicated to solving car related problems, it will cover all issues feel free to post problems here, Car gurus your posts are welcome and highly appreciated.

GAZZUZZ PLZ HELP A BROTHER

Plz I need help
My toyota camry 1999 model gives me the p0401 code, ie, EGR insufficient detected. I noticed my EGR modulator was stuck (air wouldn't pass through), the modulator was changed. However the code remains.
Then I had to take a look at the *throttle body* attached to the manifold, and I noticed that I can't also suck air from the two hoses fro. The throte body that leads to the EGR Modulator, is it supposed to be so, isn't those lines suppose to be free for air flow?
Please I need help
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Tslim411: 11:25am On Sep 05, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Replace O2 sensor , they have worked a lifetime

Sir,s the professional,Gazzuzz and the rest please p0031 code on my vechicle for a while now, today I scan again and got p0327 though I gave my vechicle to a Rewire to change bulb after he return it I scan and got the p0327 code wth the previous code of 0031 ,,what could be the cause sir and solution?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Tslim411: 11:42am On Sep 05, 2020
Sir,s the professional,Gazzuzz,radauto,Nurey, and the rest please p0031 code on my vechicle for a while now, today I scan again and got p0327 though I gave my vechicle to a Rewire to change bulb after he return it I scan and got the p0327 code wth the previous code of 0031 ,,what could be the cause and solution?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:02pm On Sep 05, 2020
Tslim411:
Sir,s the professional,Gazzuzz,radauto,Nurey, and the rest please p0031 code on my vechicle for a while now, today I scan again and got p0327 though I gave my vechicle to a Rewire to change bulb after he return it I scan and got the p0327 code wth the previous code of 0031 ,,what could be the cause and solution?

Replace knock sensor, replace O2 sensor.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Tslim411: 2:15pm On Sep 05, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Replace knock sensor, replace O2 sensor.

Ok sir thanks ,
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jonnyp(m): 4:18pm On Sep 05, 2020
Good day to all the gurus in the house..pls I use 2004 Camry.the engine was shaking and the mechanic advis e me to service the nozzle,coils and even bought injector mouth..still the shaking in the engine continue...pls what can I do, the engine Sitting is still very ok
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by emeystan(m): 9:48pm On Sep 05, 2020
H
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:51pm On Sep 05, 2020
jonnyp:
Good day to all the gurus in the house..pls I use 2004 Camry.the engine was shaking and the mechanic advis e me to service the nozzle,coils and even bought injector mouth..still the shaking in the engine continue...pls what can I do , the engine Sitting is still very ok

Change the mechanic

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kassiny(m): 12:01am On Sep 06, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

That account was just opened and only has 4 posts on Nairaland. Be careful

Dear Gazzuzz,
Noted with thanks

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by fizcoo20(m): 9:29am On Sep 06, 2020
Help me choose among these cars below. Interm of ruggedity, fuel economy, easy to maintain. And for Uber / taxify or side hustle.

Toyota corolla 2001

Honda civic 03 to 05

Honda civic 06 to 09

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by melviniyke2002(m): 1:36pm On Sep 06, 2020
fizcoo20:
Help me choose among these cars below. Interm of ruggedity, fuel economy, easy to maintain. And for Uber / taxify or side hustle.

Toyota corolla 2001

Honda civic 03 to 05

Honda civic 06 to 09

Thanks in anticipation.
honda civic 03 to 05 ...
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by fizcoo20(m): 5:32pm On Sep 06, 2020
melviniyke2002:
honda civic 03 to 05 ...
Thanks.
Honda civic 03 to 05 is better than Honda civic 06 to 09. If I get u
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by double3(m): 6:11pm On Sep 06, 2020
fizcoo20:

Thanks.

Honda civic 03 to 05 is better than Honda civic 06 to 09.
If I get u
There were some factors u listed for consideration,I guess assumptions were based on all those factors.
With that in mind, then u can say the 03-05 model is better.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by DoctorG: 6:21pm On Sep 06, 2020
Hello Gazzuzz and other auto chiefs in the house. PLEASE, HELP ME OUTTA THIS SITUATION.

I bought a fairly-used Toyota Corolla 2006 model in June. Had no issues whatsoever until mid-July, I noticed my car jerks when accelerating. After a few days, I noticed it jerked when shifting gears. My mechanic has changed ATF, serviced the transmission, changed fuel pump, services fuel injectors, nozzles, cleaned everything cleanable...No change.

I decided to leave it be and ignore the jerks until a new one started - rough idling. The engine vibrates for a few seconds when idle and sometimes when accelerating. I went back to him and told him the jerks were also still there. A scan was placed there, the scanning guy said the brain box wasn't in order, he requested I change the brain box. Did that on Friday at Ladipo, drove down to my house at Agbado, engine still trembles while idle but jerks seemed to stop.

Just drove my car this evening and all the jerks have started again...

Please help!!! I've spent so much and tired of these mechanics.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:27pm On Sep 06, 2020
DoctorG:
Hello Gazzuzz and other auto chiefs in the house. PLEASE, HELP ME OUTTA THIS SITUATION.

I bought a fairly-used Toyota Corolla 2006 model in June. Had no issues whatsoever until mid-July, I noticed my car jerks when accelerating. After a few days, I noticed it jerked when shifting gears. My mechanic has changed ATF, serviced the transmission, changed fuel pump, services fuel injectors, nozzles, cleaned everything cleanable...No change.

I decided to leave it be and ignore the jerks until a new one started - rough idling. The engine vibrates for a few seconds when idle and sometimes when accelerating. I went back to him and told him the jerks were also still there. A scan was placed there, the scanning guy said the brain box wasn't in order, he requested I change the brain box. Did that on Friday at Ladipo, drove down to my house at Agbado, engine still trembles while idle but jerks seemed to stop.

remote diagnosis unavailable
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by radautoworks: 7:16pm On Sep 06, 2020
DoctorG:

Sounds like timing but need to see the car to verify
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by DoctorG: 7:52pm On Sep 06, 2020
radautoworks:

Sounds like timing but need to see the car to verify

How can I get in touch?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by radautoworks: 8:31pm On Sep 06, 2020
DoctorG:

How can I get in touch?

Contact in my signature. I think the brain box has compounded issues though.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by DoctorG: 8:52pm On Sep 06, 2020
radautoworks:

Contact in my signature. I think the brain box has compounded issues though.

The brain box was changed on Friday...
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by radautoworks: 9:07pm On Sep 06, 2020
DoctorG:

The brain box was changed on Friday...

If you still have the original one bring it along if you set an appointment.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by DoctorG: 9:18pm On Sep 06, 2020
radautoworks:

If you still have the original one bring it along if you set an appointment.

Thanks!

I'll give you a call tomorrow morning.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by melviniyke2002(m): 9:31pm On Sep 06, 2020
fizcoo20:

Thanks.

Honda civic 03 to 05 is better than Honda civic 06 to 09.
If I get u
contact dru23 dat wot he use mostly for his uber fleet
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by fizcoo20(m): 10:01pm On Sep 06, 2020
melviniyke2002:
contact dru23 dat wot he use mostly for his uber fleet

Kk.
Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by melviniyke2002(m): 9:33pm On Sep 07, 2020
Evening gurus in d house,my 2005 toyota camry tru up a check engine light,vehicle was scanned n only code was p0138
O2 Sensor Circuit High Voltage (Bank 1, Sensor 2)". ...how much can i get new 02 sensor downstream...car is 4 cyl
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 3kay945(m): 12:11am On Sep 08, 2020
dannybrasky:

First car syndrome
cheesy

After I spent almost 350k fixing every problem that doesn't affect performance on a 2007 camry se back then. Kazeem's build aso rock ontop my head grin
Nobody tell me before I reset myself to factory settings.

Melting dashboard,I didn't want leather on top,I had to order for a fresh new one from ladipo N150k.

Small noise from front left suspension,apo kazeem made me change all 4 shocks and linkage and some bushing,the kazeem installed a 2004 camry shocks for my 07 camry se without my knowledge and kept all my follow come shocks which he sold to a customer aftergrin.

After shocks where installed,car come get k-leg for all 4 tyres grin I did wheel balancing tire to solve that issue,yet no solution.

Small engine vibration,all mounts changed because I want car to dey idle like mew lol.

Ac cooling no reach me,I changed compressor grin

Now I no get time for ebamisofun,if e no affect performance,biko I no get money to waste grin

grin cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by portside(m): 10:23am On Sep 08, 2020
Hello Gazzus and other car gurus in the house,I greet you specially for the help you render on this forum,I bought a fair used honda pilot from a colleague, it is a good vehicle as per standard but there are sound from the rear, I've changed shocks, right upper bearing,and so many other stuff but the sound is still there.also vtm-4 sign comes up after a little drive.the sound increases the more I accelerate.pls help out.
Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by oluwaseunla(m): 1:00pm On Sep 08, 2020
portside:
Hello Gazzus and other car gurus in the house,I greet you specially for the help you render on this forum,I bought a fair used honda pilot from a colleague, it is a good vehicle as per standard but there are sound from the rear, I've changed shocks, right upper bearing,and so many other stuff but the sound is still there.also vtm-4 sign comes up after a little drive.the sound increases the more I accelerate.pls help out.
Thanks

May be wheel bearings if the noise increases on a smooth road. Take it into a good workshop for proper diagnosis.

For the VTM, run a scan.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) ... (511) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.