Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,921 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (409) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (915359 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) ... (510) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:59am On Jul 03, 2022
ihamkhay:
Good evening everyone
I am newbie here and I came here because I am facing some issues My Lexus Es300 2003 model went for check up brake pads and bushing and arm rest change and I also complained to my Mech that the car jerks when I put it In reverse he then told me it is an issues from the drive shaft he fixed everything that day but it still jerks then he told me it is the shaft cup . I took it the next day he told me it has to cool then I left the shop by evening he fixed it already. I then took the car from the Mech to go get fuel since I was happy everything is fine back… I got fuel and then the car won’t change gear it was just accelerating .
The next day a gear master came with some wires attached to a plug and was doing some stuffs and making clicking sounds with the battery but it is still the same thing now it moves sometimes with the 1st gear but once I apply the brake and I try to move I will have to take it to neutral and then back to drive before it moves … I am really worried that my gear isn’t damaged because I don’t have much at the moment ..
pls anyone who can educate me about what’s happening I don’t want to keep spending money on the wrong thing

Thanks

Replace the gearbox
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:05am On Jul 03, 2022
adubam:
Boss I greet you all

My dash board shows the below image with R. I took it to one rewire he seemed clueless about it A man told me it was reverse light bulb and noticed the bulbs were burnt. We replaced the bulbs on both sides and it went off and the reverse light worked.

I observed the dashboard this evening and the image was back and the two reverse light not working.

What is destroying the reverse light bulbs at the same time because I'm thinking changing bulbs again may get burn like the previous one. Car is Toyota Camry. Thanks GazuZz

It just means you have a burnt bulb. Could be in front or rear so check all bulbs,
Also the system was designed to detect failing tungsten bulbs by noting their resistance and displaying that error when it fails, BUT if you have installed LED bulbs you will always have that error as their resistance doe not correspond to what the system was designed to look for.

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:07am On Jul 03, 2022
Elboki109:

Thanks sir... I just scanned my car now... This is the code that popped up sir

Hope they have not fingered your catalyst.

Meanwhile this scanner cannot capture all the codes
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Elboki109: 7:14am On Jul 03, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Hope they have not fingered your catalyst.

Meanwhile this scanner cannot capture all the codes
They've already done that sir. Though that was how I bought the car from the car dealer in Lagos ... Chai
Yeah , I noticed too... Cos after multiple scanning, it kept showing just P0031
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by adubam(m): 8:08am On Jul 03, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

It just means you have a burnt bulb. Could be in front or rear so check all bulbs,
Also the system was designed to detect failing tungsten bulbs by noting their resistance and displaying that error when it fails, BUT if you have installed LED bulbs you will always have that error as their resistance doe not correspond to what the system was designed to look for.

Thanks a lot boss
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by soviete(m): 8:37am On Jul 03, 2022
9icetoo:

You have your tpms light on.

Make sure your tyre pressures are all above 32 psi. Do not exceed 36 psi.
Your vsc light is one. It could be related to the TPMS light or the check engine light that is on.

Scan the car to know the related code.

The scan will also reveal why your check engine light is on.

The airbag light is on probably because you haven't belted up.

Post codes here and you will enjoy the help of so many knowledgeable folks here.
good day sir, i need some clarification on that tire PSI issue.. My front tyres are 215/70/16 while rear 215/65/16C.. Should the PSI be the same or different?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Besto(m): 9:44am On Jul 03, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Replace the gearbox

You just broke that guy heart
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by melviniyke2002(m): 9:55am On Jul 03, 2022
soviete:
good day sir, i need some clarification on that tire PSI issue.. My front tyres are 215/70/16 while rear 215/65/15.. Should the PSI be the same or different?
Get uniform tyres size for ur car plz
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by treatise: 10:44am On Jul 03, 2022
shocked
akinsanya005:
Dear N/Landers

Pls I need a further advice... my brother got a toks car and his mecho advice we should remove the thermostat in the engine.. that because of our weather here ..it's not really necessary .. that it will guide against unnecessary Over-heating... pls how good is this?

We need more professional advice on this..

Thanks.
See weather conditions in texas and Lagos this morning. Why are thermostats in use in Texas and cannot be used in Lagos and Nigeria on wider spectrum?

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:45am On Jul 03, 2022
Besto:

You just broke that guy heart

shulai tell him to scan the car and post results? smiley

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 9icetoo(m): 10:53am On Jul 03, 2022
soviete:
good day sir, i need some clarification on that tire PSI issue.. My front tyres are 215/70/16 while rear 215/65/15.. Should the PSI be the same or different?
The same pressure all around. However get uniform tyre sizes all around.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Healthquest: 10:59am On Jul 03, 2022
My corrola is showing low oil pressure which several mechanics has concluded it's the oil pump and the metal is now chopper making it bring some unwanted noise. The mechanic further said we will hve to sharpen the camshaft to some size in other for it to work and the noise to disappear and not come again after changing the metal.
He send me this has things to buy, the car is not smoking.
Its corrola 2010.
I'm even considering half engine.
I need advice.

His note this morning: tings to buy for the engine ::
(1) oil Pump 25,000 (2) mental set 12,000 (3)Mean bearing 15,000 (4)top gasket 6,000 (5)blue Gum 2,000(7)cuting of crashft 10,000 (cooloil rings 18,000(9) Packing rigs 2,000 (10)engine oil 9,500(11)oil fiilter 2,000 (12) Fuel 1,000(13) Granding of top 3,000(14) valve seal 2,000 (15)Resurfacing 2,000 (16)labour charge 15,000
TOTAL AMOUNT 120,000

Anyone here should come to my aid.

I don't think I even need oil ring bcosi cant see smoke but he is telling me about smoke .
I'm even afraid because in the morning where I supposed see smoke , I dont see too unless they come out before I leave the car to clean there body.

Gazuzu
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Etizz: 3:45pm On Jul 03, 2022
Healthquest:
My corrola is showing low oil pressure which several mechanics has concluded it's the oil pump and the metal is now chopper making it bring some unwanted noise. The mechanic further said we will hve to sharpen the camshaft to some size in other for it to work and the noise to disappear and not come again after changing the metal.
Its corrola 2010.
I need advice.

(1) oil Pump 25,000 (2) mental set 12,000 (3)Mean bearing 15,000 (4)top gasket 6,000 (5)blue Gum 2,000(7)cuting of crashft 10,000 (cooloil rings 18,000(9) Packing rigs 2,000 (10)engine oil 9,500(11)oil fiilter 2,000 (12) Fuel 1,000(13) Granding of top 3,000(14) valve seal 2,000 (15)Resurfacing 2,000 (16)labour charge 15,000
TOTAL AMOUNT 120,000

I don't think I even need oil ring bcosi cant see smoke but he is telling me about smoke .
I'm even afraid because in the morning where I supposed see smoke , I dont see too unless they come out before I leave the car to clean there body.

Gazuzu

Happened to me, I overhaul my 2AZ engine and with new oil pump but it failed, even buy top engine still failed, so I bought half and top Engine (benjor) and I am flexing till today, if u would want to enjoy the car, buy a new engine, full or half and top....
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Bizzyliss(m): 4:27pm On Jul 03, 2022
Healthquest:
Its corrola 2010.
I need advice.

TOTAL AMOUNT 120,000

Gazuzu
just get a complete Toks engine and fre urself from wahala

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jjcena(m): 7:31pm On Jul 03, 2022
Healthquest:

Buy borole engine
Its corrola 2010.
I need advice.

TOTAL AMOUNT 120,000

Gazuzu
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Healthquest: 4:15am On Jul 04, 2022
Etizz:

Happened to me, I overhaul my 2AZ engine and with new oil pump but it failed, even buy top engine still failed, so I bought half and top Engine (benjor) and I am flexing till today, if u would want to enjoy the car, buy a new engine, full or half and top....
you bought complete engine Or half?
I heard the half engine is around 380k, how truth is ds and if I can get a reliable plug here
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Ochiske(m): 11:00am On Jul 04, 2022
Help needed here embarassed

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nwajesus12(m): 11:04am On Jul 04, 2022
dru23:

Well when it comes to things like sensors . I will advice brand new ones .

Early this year I shipped 2 a/c compressor for my customers.

But this is my advice and it is up to the customer to decide

Ps. I will loading up a tokunbo Sienna soon 2008 model.... If u have any customers needing 1 let me know ..
how much and the quoted mileage??
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by treatise: 1:25pm On Jul 04, 2022
Bizzyliss:
just get a complete Toks engine and fre urself from wahala
Best advice though herculean for a low income individual.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Etizz: 3:59pm On Jul 04, 2022
Healthquest:
you bought complete engine Or half?
I heard the half engine is around 380k, how truth is ds and if I can get a reliable plug here

Na dem oga GAZZUZ get link regards the sure plug....I actually bought half and top, that's an engine without alternator, power steering, compressor, ETC because I have those on my old engine and I bought mine 300k..

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Bizzyliss(m): 4:54pm On Jul 04, 2022
Etizz:

Na dem oga GAZZUZ get link regards the sure plug....I actually bought half and top, that's an engine without alternator, power steering, compressor, ETC because I have those on my old engine and I bought mine 300k..
that’s borale

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Healthquest: 7:34pm On Jul 04, 2022
Etizz:

I've alll this and working very fine even my air condition too is working fine.
I've electric power steering. Half and top? I think I will hustle ds.
My crankshaft and oil pump is my main problem.
If I can get the two new one.

I'll be happy
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dru23(m): 1:10am On Jul 05, 2022
nwajesus12:
how much and the quoted mileage??

SOLD
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Resido: 8:09am On Jul 05, 2022
Morning Gazzuz. I drive a camry 2003. Every time the battery head is removed, the car goes off after starting until the slow running is adjusted. Please what could be the problem??

Cc Gazzuz
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:54am On Jul 05, 2022
Resido:
Morning Gazzuz. I drive a camry 2003. Every time the battery head is removed, the car goes off after starting until the slow running is adjusted . Please what could be the problem??

Cc Gazzuz

*Straight way. You have tampered with factory set parts that do not require adjustment. Replace the parts you adjusted and learn to wait for an idle relearn process that usually takes 15mins of consistent driving after removing battery terminal.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Healthquest: 1:43pm On Jul 05, 2022
Etizz:

I cant get this in Port Harcourt. They are telling me 600k for half n top.

I wanted to buy new crankshaft,oil pump, main bearing and metal instead because the price for half n top here in port Harcourt too cost
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Bizzyliss(m): 2:07pm On Jul 05, 2022
Healthquest:
I cant get this in Port Harcourt. They are telling me 600k for half n top.

I wanted to buy new crankshaft,oil pump, main bearing and metal instead because the price for half n top here in port Harcourt too cost
buy from Lagos and waybill it. Employ the likes of Gazzuzz

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Etizz: 4:43am On Jul 06, 2022
Bizzyliss:
that’s borale

Thanks bro, I just learnt something....our local mechanic always use the word ''half & top"...I appreciate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by davessales039(m): 1:15pm On Jul 06, 2022
Etizz:

Thanks bro, I just learnt something....our local mechanic always use the word ''half & top"...I appreciate

Even "Borale" sef no be English. Na still local parlance.
grin
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Bizzyliss(m): 4:09pm On Jul 06, 2022
davessales039:

Even "Borale" sef no be English. Na still local parlance.
grin
yes Bur once u call borale everyone selling engines in ladipo don know Wetin u mean

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by UncutSk(m): 6:40pm On Jul 06, 2022
hello contributors
I have a problem with an rx300 that I help a lady to drive... it hesitates on cold start from lower rpm but it runs okay when moving... so I took it to a mechanic because I thought it was a spark plug problem .. he said it isn't... he cleaned the throttle body... yet problem still persists... but I still manage it like I just let it idle for a few minutes before taking off.... but recently I has gotten worse even when the engine is hot... it hesitates from lower rpm... what might be the problem? cc gazzus
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Bizzyliss(m): 10:59pm On Jul 06, 2022
UncutSk:
hello contributors
I have a problem with an rx300 that I help a lady to drive... it hesitates on cold start from lower rpm but it runs okay when moving... so I took it to a mechanic because I thought it was a spark plug problem .. he said it isn't... he cleaned the throttle body... yet problem still persists... but I still manage it like I just let it idle for a few minutes before taking off.... but recently I has gotten worse even when the engine is hot... it hesitates from lower rpm... what might be the problem? cc gazzus
the problem is seen wen u scan the car fess

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) ... (510) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.