Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,747 members, 7,851,563 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:57 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (432) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (927800 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by uctomide(m): 2:24pm On Nov 02, 2022
uctomide:

Thanks Boss @Gazzuzz, It was a really nice read.
Keep on the good work, sceneries in your write up are quite similar with my current ordeal. I would check the IG fuse tomorrow and feedback.

Thanks for all you do

Sorry I haven't replied. I have been busy with work.
I would try checking it this weekend.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Romotun(m): 3:45pm On Nov 02, 2022
Please my good people please does anyone know where I can buy Mobil 1 extended high mileage 0w 20?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Bizzyliss(m): 10:38pm On Nov 03, 2022
Romotun:
Please my good people please does anyone know where I can buy Mobil 1 extended high mileage 0w 20?
gazzuzz
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by LandoKingz: 10:42pm On Nov 03, 2022
Please how the new engine came with a different knock sensor that has a different connector
GAZZUZZ:

It can
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:26am On Nov 04, 2022
LandoKingz:
Please how the new engine came with a different knock sensor that has a different connector

Take a pic of both knock sensor positions
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Youngin006: 3:44am On Nov 05, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Usually this is the problem.

I have this same problem for my matrix and i have changed this ( the circled mount), it still vibrates on idle.
I went for a second opinion on the engine mounts and the mechanic said the fours of them are good and not the problem.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Grupo(m): 11:36am On Nov 05, 2022
Youngin006:

I have this same problem for my matrix and i have changed this ( the circled mount), it still vibrates on idle.
I went for a second opinion on the engine mounts and the mechanic said the fours of them are good and not the problem.

Scan the car. The engine may be misfiring.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ManAdii: 4:12pm On Nov 05, 2022
My VW jetta 2009; I hear noises at my left front bottom side when I accelerate up to 60km/h.

Please advice.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by uctomide(m): 10:11pm On Nov 05, 2022
uctomide:

Sorry I haven't replied. I have been busy with work.
I would try checking it this weekend.

Good evening all, thanks for all the contribution

I did go through all suggestions today. I found three IG on the fuse box(attached is a pix of the box container with description) those in green are accessible while the red is not accessible.

While on transit today I also noticed when I am on a grumpy road the car stalls, I have to kick-start for it to come back up.

@Gazzuzz

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by RABIUR(m): 6:35am On Nov 08, 2022
@GAZZUZZ,
Good morning sir,

Please can you help me with this error codes. The car is Canry 2005.

Thank you

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:47am On Nov 08, 2022
RABIUR:
@GAZZUZZ,
Good morning sir,

Please can you help me with this error codes. The car is Canry 2005.

Thank you

If I can read them.

Post clear pic
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by RABIUR(m): 6:51am On Nov 08, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

If I can read them.

Post clear pic

The error codes are
P0113
P0171
And P0420

Thank you
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:47am On Nov 08, 2022
RABIUR:

The error codes are
P0113
P0171
And P0420

Thank you

P0420 there is no catalyst in bank 1 exhaust manifold

P0171 is a lean mixture could be a vacuum leak on the intake side or a faulty oxygen sensor .

P0113 is a defect within the airflowmeter, replace it.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Danthemariner: 4:21pm On Nov 08, 2022
Hi Everyone
Please i need advice... I drive a honda accord 05
My car jerks wen i engage gear and it vibrate when i hold break while driving.... Mechanics have eating my money and bo goof results... Pls help thanks...

Also my rpm is over 2000 when it is idle
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Jamie1000: 7:29pm On Nov 08, 2022
Danthemariner:
Hi Everyone
My car jerks wen i engage gear and it vibrate when i hold break while driving.... Mechanics have eating my money and bo goof results... Pls help thanks...

Do a scan first
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ak22(m): 9:18pm On Nov 08, 2022
Danthemariner:
Hi Everyone

Have you checked the gear and engine seat ?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Godfullsam(m): 9:31am On Nov 09, 2022
Good day guys, my Hoda civic car always make some noise from the right hand side of the front Tyre whenever I want to enter a corner and I usually hear the same sound when ever I am on high speed.

What could be the cause pls. I have decided to park the car until I find a solution to the problem because I don't want the Tyre to pool on the way.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Danthemariner: 10:06am On Nov 09, 2022
[quote author=ak22 post=118233377]

Have you checked the gear and engine seat ? [/quot

Yes i have changed all... The car revs high on idle and start vibrate and jerks wen i engage gear all my Engine mount are new.....
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by OmobaDe10th(m): 11:51am On Nov 09, 2022
Good morning everyone
How do I know it's time to change my gear oil for toyota camry
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nymphomaniac(m): 1:31pm On Nov 09, 2022
OmobaDe10th:
Good morning everyone
How do I know it's time to change my gear oil for toyota camry
how long have you been driving since you bought it? What color is it?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by SeyiJayden(m): 8:42pm On Nov 09, 2022
Good evening, please what are the implications of driving a car without thermostat
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nymphomaniac(m): 10:38pm On Nov 09, 2022
SeyiJayden:
Good evening, please what are the implications of driving a car without thermostat
long term - slow but certain death for your car. Short term - Increased fuel usage

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by SeyiJayden(m): 10:54pm On Nov 09, 2022
nymphomaniac:
long term - slow but certain death for your car. Short term - Increased fuel usage

Thanks boss
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ginstinct(m): 12:21pm On Nov 10, 2022
Toyota camry SE 2008, recently i observed that at idle or while driving the park brake light comes, same time the tachometer and the temp gauge fluctuates, if driving the speedometer fluctuates or they both go dead.

The AC also stops cooling while all this is going on.

Oga GAZZUZZ Please assist.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:50pm On Nov 10, 2022
ginstinct:
Toyota camry SE 2008, recently i observed that at idle or while driving the park brake light comes, same time the tachometer and the temp gauge fluctuates, if driving the speedometer fluctuates or they both go dead.

The AC also stops cooling while all this is going on.

Oga GAZZUZZ Please assist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lxx3Jd1PpJk

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Sankabson(m): 11:04pm On Nov 10, 2022
Good evening House,

Driving a 2011 Camry, recently the engine do turn off while in motion/driving. I’ll have to park and start again.

At a point, I was told it’s the Fuel Pump, it was changed, same issue. Later the battery couldn’t start the car again. I was advised to changed that too, which I did, a Brand new one. But I’m having the same issue.

Car still turn off while driving. I’ll have to park and start again, which always come back on at the first kick..

And also, I noticed this part of the Engine is open, I don’t if it’s normal. I just got the car Tokunbo.

Picture of the engine attached.

I Scanned The Car;

P0101
P0171

Thanks in advance

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by sirleke(m): 6:09am On Nov 11, 2022
Sankabson:
Good evening House,

Driving a 2011 Camry, recently the engine do turn off while in motion/driving. I’ll have to park and start again.

At a point, I was told it’s the Fuel Pump, it was changed, same issue. Later the battery couldn’t start the car again. I was advised to changed that too, which I did, a Brand new one. But I’m having the same issue.

Car still turn off while driving. I’ll have to park and start again, which always come back on at the first kick..

And also, I noticed this part of the Engine is open, I don’t if it’s normal. I just got the car Tokunbo.

1. scan for codes....
2. Tag @gazzuzz n @kingreign
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Sankabson(m): 9:59am On Nov 11, 2022
sirleke:

1. scan for codes....
2. Tag @gazzuzz n @kingreign

I Scanned The Car;

P0101
P0171

Thanks in advance

@gazzuzz
@kingreign
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:04am On Nov 11, 2022
Sankabson:
Good evening House,

I Scanned The Car;

P0101
P0171

Thanks in advance

Block it.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:05am On Nov 11, 2022
Sankabson:

I Scanned The Car;

P0101
P0171

Thanks in advance

@gazzuzz
@kingreign

Both codes caused by the open hole
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by sirleke(m): 2:01pm On Nov 11, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Both codes caused by the open hole
the boss has spoken
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Danthemariner: 12:18pm On Nov 13, 2022
Hi Everyone... Please H0w much is Honda Accord EOD 2005 Gear Box

(1) (2) (3) ... (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) ... (511) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.