Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,162 members, 7,838,968 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (441) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (922979 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by stuffs2002: 8:14pm On Dec 19, 2022
Good evening oga GAZZUZZ and other car guru's,

I have been driving Toyota Corolla 2010 since 2019 with no issues. I want to get another car but not the Toyota model as I feel there are other brands of car that are as reliable as the Toyota but not as expensive.

Pls what other car models are good and reliable on Nigerian roads. My budget range is N2.6million. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Sportwin(m): 9:36pm On Dec 19, 2022
stuffs2002:
Good evening oga GAZZUZZ and other car guru's,

I have been driving Toyota Corolla 2010 since 2019 with no issues. I want to get another car but not the Toyota model as I feel there are other brands of car that are as reliable as the Toyota but not as expensive.

Pls what other car models are good and reliable on Nigerian roads. My budget range is N2.6million. Thanks

Honda
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by phred007(m): 6:52am On Dec 20, 2022
phred007:
Good evening guys.
I have a Toyota Camry 2013 and for about 2 months now, everytime I buy fuel full tank, the would start going off in motion. I could be driving at 120km/h and it would just go off in motion. I could even be driving as slow as 30km/h and it would go off and even when it doesn't go off, it would just be jerking until it goes off.
The funny thing is that after the fuel reduces from full tank, it would stop.
I have changed fuel pump twice. The most recent was on Tuesday.
I even bought complete fuel pump and filter but it is still happening.
I changed plugs, serviced the nozzles and still no solution.
Please does anyone know what this issue is? Or has anyone ever experience this with their car?
I've gone to different mechanics and non of them knows what is is wrong.

Good morning guys.
Apparently I have been able to solve the problem.
They emptied the tank, brought it down and cleaned it. It was not dirty and i personally did not see water inside but when they put it back, it stopped.
I've bought full tank 7 times since then and no issue.
Thanks for all the contributions.

4 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by debeey87(m): 7:09am On Dec 20, 2022
Does replacing the shaft head alone permanently solve the problem of noise when the steering is fully turned. My mechanic says it might spoil the hub after a while as most part replacement aren't the right fit and they will have to pad with washer to make it lap. He's advising a complete change out of the shaft mechanism which is costly
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dicksonadams(m): 1:58pm On Dec 20, 2022
bluedefender:
So guys, I need expert insight on this issue.

I am looking at getting a Nigerian used Toyota Camry 2006 for my dad.

After looking around I found this neat and well maintained ride.

I took my mechanic and a friend who knows alot about cars to inspect the car. The two drove the car around and attested that the car drives well and the gear box and engine is good.

The car selects well and it will be a good buy.

I asked for the price and went home.

The next day I made up my mind to go for the car. I called the owner to meet me somewhere. When we met he was telling about how somebody wanted to buy the car that very day but because of something the guy said after inspection, he refused the guy from paying.

I asked him what did the guy say, he told me that the guy’s mechanic adviced him not to buy the car because of the gearbox is about to go bad.

When I prompted him to explain more he continued talking that he noticed that in the morning, whenever he starts the car to move, the car takes some time before it actually moves.

He continued that he called his mechanic and his mechanic told came and checked the car and told him that the fault is not a bad gear box but the gear box oil pump.

That once it’s changed and the gear oil changed also, the issue will disappear.

On hearing this.

I had to retreat, my friend that went with me initially, said I should cancel off the car that the issue is the onset of a faulty gearbox whch will eventually pack up and require me buying a new gearbox.

I called my mechanic and narrated the issue to him, he said it’s a minor problem and repeated exactly what the seller’s mechanic said about the gear box oil pump.

That it can be fixed with 50-60k and the car will stop doing that.

That it’s not something to cancel the car for.

Now, I am left on a cross road who to believe.

Go with my friend who’s saying the mechanic is out to get paid because once I buy the car, he’s sure he’s the one that will fix the issue and it’s likely that the issue will project into other things giving that most mechanics do trial and error.

What do you guys think.

The car is really neat, well maintained and drives well.

And it falls within my budget.

It’s actually the neatest car I have seen since I started my quest to buy this big daddy
bros flee away

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:59pm On Dec 20, 2022
debeey87:
Does replacing the shaft head alone permanently solve the problem of noise when the steering is fully turned. My mechanic says it might spoil the hub after a while as most part replacement aren't the right fit and they will have to pad with washer to make it lap. He's advising a complete change out of the shaft mechanism which is costly

Buy the right fit that will not need a washer.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:00pm On Dec 20, 2022
dicksonadams:
bros flee away

Are you experienced? grin
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Revibe: 4:40pm On Dec 20, 2022
I need a good mechanic around Gbagada. Pls recommend.

The right rear leg of my Toyota Camry 07 looks bent. I have done wheel alignment but it's still the same. What could be the cause?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by chigodo(m): 5:26pm On Dec 20, 2022
Revibe:
I need a good mechanic around Gbagada. Pls recommend.

The right rear leg of my Toyota Camry 07 looks bent. I have done wheel alignment but it's still the same. What could be the cause?

09069126020.....Bimbo at TREM

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by chrisja(m): 8:24am On Dec 21, 2022
Good Morning Bosses in the house @GAZZUZZ and all Senior men... In changing gear oil what precautions are recommended aside using the recommended oil to avoid stories that touch..
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Nobody: 11:39am On Dec 21, 2022
Hello all.

My brake keeps vibrating when I press it. Mecho said it's the brake rotors, that I need to change them. Checked them and one is worn.

Now my issue is the guy is saying not to buy new rotors but tokunbo ones. Said new ones will be 'eating' break pad and get worn faster than tokunbo.

Pls is this true? Car is an 03 Toyota matrix
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by frebor(m): 12:38pm On Dec 21, 2022
MFME7:
Hello all.

My brake keeps vibrating when I press it. Mecho said it's the brake rotors, that I need to change them. Checked them and one is worn.

Now my issue is the guy is saying not to buy new rotors but tokunbo ones. Said new ones will be 'eating' break pad and get worn faster than tokunbo.

Buy new rotors and get quality brake pads.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Phils: 3:42pm On Dec 21, 2022
Great thread.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by josephsm823(m): 11:34pm On Dec 21, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Nothing is wrong with your car. Drive it around for 15mins
It shuts off on idle and while accelerating except the throttle pedal is supported with paper.
It shuts off while there's no more juice in the battery. Tested the car with several batteries, all draining on a short drive.
Someone said it's the alternator that is not charging the battery properly.
Anything else to look out for sir GAZZUZZ?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:24am On Dec 22, 2022
MFME7:
Hello all.

Buy a new one
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:26am On Dec 22, 2022
josephsm823:

It shuts off on idle and while accelerating except the throttle pedal is supported with paper.
It shuts off while there's no more juice in the battery. Tested the car with several batteries, all draining on a short drive.
Someone said it's the alternator that is not charging the battery properly.
Anything else to look out for sir GAZZUZZ?

Idle relearn
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by josephsm823(m): 7:19am On Dec 22, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Idle relearn
Ok sir.. doing that now.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by josephsm823(m): 8:08am On Dec 22, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Idle relearn
I could not idle the car when I removed the packing paper, the engine is turning off immediately except I step on the throttle pedal to keep the engine working.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:29am On Dec 22, 2022
josephsm823:

I could not idle the car when I removed the packing paper, the engine is turning off immediately except I step on the throttle pedal to keep the engine working.

Possibly broken throttle body or reprogramming needed .

Have you tried cleaning?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by josephsm823(m): 10:51am On Dec 22, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Have you tried cleaning?
Am at the mechanic workshop for throttle body cleaning. The Air filter is also dirty and am having that replaced.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by josephsm823(m): 12:55pm On Dec 22, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Have you tried cleaning?
Thank you so much Oga GAZZUZZ
It's the throttle body, clogged with dirts.
Car is working properly now after cleaning the throttle body.

6 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Bankalert(m): 3:56pm On Dec 22, 2022
Please someone should recommend a reliable person or contact in ABUJA who can wrap a toyota camry 2009 dashboard well without wiring issues.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by BryanWyatt: 4:33pm On Dec 22, 2022
please i need help.
The engine of a 2005 Toyota Corolla LE does switch off especially when there is a need to decelerate like approaching a house gate or waiting temporarily at road junction for traffic to clear before continuing with the journey. There is no problem while on average to high speed. Fuel pump was changed in April,2022. Error codes: P0171- System is too lean(bank 1) and P0304- Cylinder 4 misfiring detected.

What could be the problem and possible solution?
One auto-mechanic workshop proposed a new set of fuel pump with the casing/housing, not just the small tube fuel pump. Will this solve the problem? thanks

@GAZZUZZ
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by michytluv: 6:13am On Dec 23, 2022
I bought two complete fuel pumps for my Corolla Uber. I have used one and for the other one , you will need to go to the market and get the Guage . Hence it's up for sale

Whatsapp 08113816005
Location Ikorodu
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Dabss(m): 8:56am On Dec 23, 2022
Lekan239:
yes I don't think it is turbo charge that's why I said the noise is some how different.

Thanks
if you want to sell it I can take it off your hands.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Lekan239(m): 10:11am On Dec 23, 2022
Dabss:
if you want to sell it I can take it off your hands.
bring 4.3m. Still toks standard. bought it toks 30 days ago
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Besto(m): 7:09am On Dec 24, 2022
Lekan239:
bring 4.3m. Still toks standard. bought it toks 30 days ago

Shey you dey whine am ni

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Stormyweather(m): 1:52pm On Dec 24, 2022
Hi guys

Lexus Rx 350 2011 is showing P0420 and P0430.

The VSC light came on and later the check engine light. The mechanics are saying its the catalyst. What could be wrong? The check AWD system warning is also on. Cc Kingreign and all the other gurus in the house
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by vivalavida(m): 6:33pm On Dec 24, 2022
Please guys, I had cause to change my compressor about a week ago. But since yesterday I observed whenever I am in traffic and My RPM drops, I start experiencing heavy vibration in the engine bay and my RPM fluctuates. But when I am on motion, no such vibrations. What could be the cause?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:56am On Dec 25, 2022
vivalavida:
Please guys, I had cause to change my compressor about a week ago. But since yesterday I observed whenever I am in traffic and My RPM drops, I start experiencing heavy vibration in the engine bay and my RPM fluctuates. But when I am on motion, no such vibrations. What could be the cause?

Make we guess the vehicle model, make, engine size ?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by vivalavida(m): 9:52am On Dec 25, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Make we guess the vehicle model, make, engine size ?

Sorry bro.
Acura tsx, 08 model.
2.4L engine
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by SpaceAngel: 6:07pm On Dec 25, 2022
Toyota highlander 2GRFE engine P0441, checked hoses and replaced fuel thank cap. Error keeps returning after some hours of clearing code. Issue started after work was done around gear area.

(1) (2) (3) ... (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) ... (511) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.