Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,020 members, 7,810,820 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:09 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (504) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (911396 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:55am On Mar 25
Macmilla:

PROBLEM FIXED!!!
The oil pan was opened and there lies the pieces of my oil pump chain tensioner. The oil pump chain was loose and hitting the remains of the tensioner. New oil pump tensioner installed and engine closed. Sound gone!
I'm so relieved.
GAZZUZZ:

The balance shaft. Replace it .

I was close smiley

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by samuelson06(m): 1:29pm On Mar 25
GAZZUZZ:

Replace this part called the resistor, it is located in the location below

Thanks so much @Gazzuzz and @Jceesquare. I've been able to identify the component. But it doesn't look like the one here. One of the blades detached from where it should be and that caused a disconnection within it. I'm going to solder it.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Macmilla(m): 8:09pm On Mar 25
GAZZUZZ:

I was close smiley
Senior man! You were actually close despite not seeing the car.
The last problem I have with the engine is this pesky p0011 (camshaft position over advanced) that has refused to go. After clearing it, it appears after like the third drive. Car idles a bit rough and sometimes the engine takes a little longer to start.
I'm not the first owner of the car, so I'm suspecting the VTC actuator has been welded together internally, though the actuator looks untampered externally. Please what do you think?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Macmilla(m): 9:07pm On Mar 25
GAZZUZZ:

No fast way around this, camshaft actuator is not actuating.

Possible Nigerian causes.

Welding of camshaft actuator to avoid cold rattle
Sludge in engine .

Deffective camshaft solenoid

Remotely I cannot solve this.
Good luck
I'm learning another bad thing today about our kazeems
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Macmilla(m): 9:08pm On Mar 25
GAZZUZZ:

Sludge in engine .

Good luck
I don't have the struk ones. The welding is most likely my problem.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 9:17pm On Mar 25
Macmilla:

I don't have the struk ones. The welding is most likely my problem.
Hope you know welding is an outdated practice?
They don upgrade to throwing bolts and nuts in there to lock it in place amongst other practices.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Macmilla(m): 9:55pm On Mar 25
jceesquare:

Hope you know welding is an outdated practice?
They don upgrade to throwing bolts and nuts in there to lock it in place amongst other practices.
Wait, WHAT?!
Please tell me you are joking.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by pelvicky(m): 11:39pm On Mar 25
Good evening house.

Does 2005 Toyota Camry consume fuel?

If you have an experience, please kindly drop your answer

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Macmilla(m): 7:26am On Mar 27
pelvicky:
Good evening house.

Does 2005 Toyota Camry consume fuel?

If you have an experience, please kindly drop your answer
No. It consumes palm oil.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by digitalEbereDev: 3:47pm On Mar 27
GAZZUZZ:

More vehicle information required
Honda EOD 2003
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 4:03pm On Mar 27
digitalEbereDev:

Honda EOD 2003
Do you have any code when scanned?
Your idle control system is probably bad or failing.
I'd suggest you test your TPS, and Idle control valve. Replace if faulty.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Macmilla(m): 8:59pm On Mar 27
GAZZUZZ:

Sludge in engine .

Good luck
So I did something stupid this afternoon.
The p0011 code I was having disappeared 2days ago and didn't return. But mumu me had my mind already made up that my VTC actuator has been kazeemised. So despite the code clearing on its own, my brain was just not at peace. So I went ahead to open up my valve cover and my actuator (yes, I opened up the actuator itself) and lo and behold, it has not been tampered with.
With the actuator open, I removed the locking spring and pins and turned the crankshaft while watching the actuator vanes and it was actually free from the sprocket, ie, it was working as supposed.
I was happy, angry and confused all at the same time.
Why did the code persist for so long?
Why did it suddenly clear when I'm about to go crazy on it?
I'm sure everything is regards my VTC is working fine, which means I've not found the problem. Or maybe there was never a problem. My brain is headaching me. grin
And as normal, one or two things were damaged in the process, all for nothing.
I hope that evil p0011 doesn't come back if not, I will just set the car on fire and have peace of mind. (Don't worry I no fit burn my only car grin)
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Macmilla(m): 9:07pm On Mar 27
digitalEbereDev:
My car stalls when going at low speeds mostly when in traffic.

This does not happen every time but sparingly and never happens when in normal or high speed.

What can be causing this?
More information needed for reasonable answer.

But if it is drive by cable, then start by cleaning your IAC valve.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by josephsm823(m): 10:09pm On Mar 27
Mr Gazzuzz and everyone I salute you all.

Please, I noticed that my Toyota Highlander 2016 jerks when driving for a long distance.
For instance, yesterday, I was driving from Lagos to Ekiti. The drive was smooth until I pass Ibadan. The car began to jerk and make it difficult to overtake vehicles on occasion. It jerks frequently and stops for a little before continuing again. I noticed that when this happens, the rpm doesn't move. When I press the gas pedal, it doesn't really have any effect on the rpm and the vehicle won't respond except for the engine.
I've changed the fuel pump twice, but this doesn't fix it. No check engine light is displayed at all.
This has been happening for a long time, especially when I travel to long distances. It stops when the engine gets cold and restarts when traveling a distance.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by samuelson06(m): 12:43am On Mar 28
Hello house, @Gazzuzz @Jceesquare @kingreign

My friend mistakenly connected his car battery terminals wrongly. Immediately, headlight came up, stayed, then he disconnected the battery. We interchanged the terminals thereafter but car showed no sign of life. Please, what's likely to breakdown in the car? What's going to be the possible cost of repairs?

The car in question is a Honda Accord 04.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:22am On Mar 28
josephsm823:

Please, I noticed that my Toyota Highlander 2016 jerks when driving for a long distance.
For instance, yesterday, I was driving from Lagos to Ekiti. The drive was smooth until I pass Ibadan. The car began to jerk and make it difficult to overtake vehicles on occasion. It jerks frequently and stops for a little before continuing again. I noticed that when this happens, the rpm doesn't move. When I press the gas pedal, it doesn't really have any effect on the rpm and the vehicle won't respond except for the engine.
I've changed the fuel pump twice, but this doesn't fix it. No check engine light is displayed at all.
This has been happening for a long time, especially when I travel to long distances. It stops when the engine gets cold and restarts when traveling a distance.

Check fuel pressure
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:22am On Mar 28
samuelson06:

My friend mistakenly connected his car battery terminals wrongly. Immediately, headlight came up, stayed, then he disconnected the battery. We interchanged the terminals thereafter but car showed no sign of life. Please, what's likely to breakdown in the car? What's going to be the possible cost of repairs?

Start with fuses.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 8:24am On Mar 28
samuelson06:

Blown fuses and/or relays, he should check these, if all is okay, he should check ECM.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by tobiyclassy: 8:49am On Mar 28
Pls guys recommend a good oil brand pls.

I use 5w-20, I used hardex the last time, just wan to know the best and if hardex is good. Then oil filter what brand too and where to get it
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by samuelson06(m): 9:59am On Mar 28
kingreign:

Blown fuses and/or relays, he should check these, if all is okay, he should check ECM.

Alright sir. Thank you.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by samuelson06(m): 9:59am On Mar 28
GAZZUZZ:

Start with fuses.

Alright boss. Thank you.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by josephsm823(m): 2:02pm On Mar 28
GAZZUZZ:

Check fuel pressure

Okay sir.
Should i be replace the fuel regulator instead?
Cause the mechanic said they can't check the fuel pressure until car is driven.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jinka(m): 7:57pm On Mar 28
Good day, I'm having issues with my car battery
I have used the battery for 3yrars without any problems, just last week I noticed that my battery usually run down anytime I park it for about 8hrs and above.
Now what I usually do is to remove the battery head when ever I park it, just recently I noticed it runs down too even after removing the battery head for long.

What could be the problem:
- not charging very well?
- something drains the battery in the car or ?
- the battery not good again?

Pls I need your reply, it has been frustrating me since last weak
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Macmilla(m): 5:57am On Mar 29
josephsm823:

Okay sir.
Should i be replace the fuel regulator instead?
Cause the mechanic said they can't check the fuel pressure until car is driven.
Get a fuel pressure gauge and you can check the fuel pressure by just turning ignition on.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Babatundehy: 6:54am On Mar 29
jinka:
I have used the battery for 3yrars without any problems, just last week I noticed that my battery usually run down anytime I park it for about 8hrs and above.
Now what I usually do is to remove the battery head when ever I park it, just recently I noticed it runs down too even after removing the battery head for long.

3-4 years is the average lifespan of ordinary car batteries, 'you have used your for three years and it still discharges even if you disconnect it' this most likely means your battery can no longer retain charge, it's dead and gone, buy a new one, you know you need a new battery, go get.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jinka(m): 7:05am On Mar 29
Babatundehy:

3-4 years is the average lifespan of ordinary car batteries, 'you have used your for three years and it still discharges even if you disconnect it' this most likely means your battery can no longer retain charge, it's dead and gone, buy a new one, you know you need a new battery, go get.

Okay thank you sir
Which good battery can you recommend for me to buy?
I have a budget of 50k
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by josephsm823(m): 9:53am On Mar 29
Macmilla:

Get a fuel pressure gauge and you can check the fuel pressure by just turning ignition on.

Okay boss.
Thanks for this.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 11:15am On Mar 29
samuelson06:

You've been asked to check your fuse.
But that's only applicable if you or your rewire has not breeched the fuse with thick wires. If your fuse (main fuse especially) has been customised, then you'll have to kiss your ECU and maybe harness goodbye depending on the severity of the damage.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 11:19am On Mar 29
josephsm823:

Did you replace pump with complete pump and assembly?
You might want to consider cleaning your tank too.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 11:21am On Mar 29
jinka:

Replace battery. Battery likely bad.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 11:23am On Mar 29
jinka:

Okay thank you sir
Which good battery can you recommend for me to buy?
I have a budget of 50k
Any Chinese brand. That's what your budget would give you.
Don't be fooled by the Korean Tech label on them, na same China battery.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by samuelson06(m): 12:37pm On Mar 29
jceesquare:

You've been asked to check your fuse.
But that's only applicable if you or your rewire has not breeched the fuse with thick wires. If your fuse (main fuse especially) has been customised, then you'll have to kiss your ECU and maybe harness goodbye depending on the severity of the damage.

An electrician came yesterday and dig out one transparent fuseā€”sort of big, joined wire to it and inserted it back. From there, light entered the car but it won't still start.

At first, it behaved like the problem was as a result of a low battery but even after changing it to a good one, the car still behaved same way. Lastly, he suggested we get a mechanic to try to turn the engine from the side and see if it's going to be free and if it turns, then the problem, according to him, will be the Kickstarter.

So, that's the situation for now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.