Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,856 members, 7,817,539 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (914443 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (509) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jossytech(m): 12:58am On Jul 19, 2018
Oga gazzzuz. I recently restore my 98 camry to factory settings. Before both fan on immediately i turn on ignition. I later check and discover no thermostat. I bought oem  90916-03090 Thermostat online n fit it. Now both fan not on when i turn ignition on. They on when they reach operation temperation and that like middle of my temperature gauge on dash board. They wrote 82c to the thermostat. Then if i on ac both fan on. Tell me if this is nornal and factory default

I just order new temperature sensor from amazon to replace. Im fixing my egr today has arrived. Pls guide me

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:18am On Jul 19, 2018
jossytech:
Oga gazzzuz. I recently restore my 98 camry to factory settings. Before both fan on immediately i turn on ignition. I later check and discover no thermostat. I bought oem  90916-03090 Thermostat online n fit it. Now both fan not on when i turn ignition on. They on when they reach operation temperation and that like middle of my temperature gauge on dash board. They wrote 82c to the thermostat. Then if i on ac both fan on. Tell me if this is nornal and factory default

I just order new temperature sensor from amazon to replace. Im fixing my egr today has arrived. Pls guide me

So far so good. Try and replace thermistor (radiator fan switch) located Base of radiator too. It's failure rate is very high. Been a while I saw any one pay this much attention to a 20year old car. Nice one.

https://m.autozone.com/cooling-heating-and-climate-control/cooling-fan-switch-radiator/duralast-cooling-fan-switch-radiator/toyota/camry/2001/239441_0_0?location=

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jossytech(m): 6:24am On Jul 19, 2018
Thank you. Am not ignorance a d this all i got for now
Please is attaxhed pic the same before i buy

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by parcifal: 7:28pm On Jul 19, 2018
tolaolu:
for a P0420: Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (bank 1)
whats the best solution.
do i change the catalyst or have it worked on!
My Peugeot 307 shows catalyst converter fault on the small screen on top of the dashboard. Whenever is shows, the car will lose compression (power) and starts to jerk. sometimes the car stops it's self to a halt. also the check engine light blinks whenever this happened. Pls anyone with the idea of how to solve this bcoz the mechanic here have no solution to it. Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:39pm On Jul 19, 2018
parcifal:

My Peugeot 307 shows catalyst converter fault on the small screen on top of the dashboard. Whenever is shows, the car will lose compression (power) and starts to jerk. sometimes the car stops it's self to a halt. also the check engine light blinks whenever this happened. Pls anyone with the idea of how to solve this bcoz the mechanic here have no solution to it. Thanks.

remove contents of catalyst so engine can breathe properly IF you cannot replace the catalyst.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by parcifal: 8:03pm On Jul 19, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

remove contents of catalyst so engine can breathe properly IF you cannot replace the catalyst.
Thank you very much Sir. in as much as I want to get the catalyst replaced, my fear is where to get a good one bcoz the ones I see here (Lafia, nasarawa state) are locally constructed. I heard that if I should remove the catalyst content, the fuel consumption will become unbearable. Sir please I need ur advice bcoz am considering selling the car just bcoz of this. Its my first time of owning a car and am not enjoying these sad experience. Thank you Sir.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:30pm On Jul 19, 2018
parcifal:

Thank you very much Sir. in as much as I want to get the catalyst replaced, my fear is where to get a good one bcoz the ones I see here (Lafia, nasarawa state) are locally constructed. I heard that if I should remove the catalyst content, the fuel consumption will become unbearable. Sir please I need ur advice bcoz am considering selling the car just bcoz of this. Its my first time of owning a car and am not enjoying these sad experience. Thank you Sir.

If I know 307 very well, if you remove the catalyst, when blocked you consume less fuel wink
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jossytech(m): 12:58am On Jul 20, 2018
P0037 TOYOTA - Oxygen Sensor Heater Control Circuit Low Bank 1 Sensor 2

P2401 TOYOTA - EVAP System Leak Detection Pump Control Circuit Low

010 Toyota Corrola

What way out Sir

Its for my boss
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by adejide2: 5:49am On Jul 20, 2018
please sir what can one do to fix a leaking functioning gear. quick response is highly appreciated. thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by oluwashola4me(m): 8:16am On Jul 20, 2018
Camry 2007 headlight replacement - Left {driver's side). Any idea on how much it costs?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:28am On Jul 20, 2018
oluwashola4me:
Camry 2007 headlight replacement - Left {driver's side). Any idea on how much it costs?

Samuel. 0802 233 9595

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:31am On Jul 20, 2018
adejide2:
please sir what can one do to fix a leaking functioning gear. quick response is highly appreciated. thanks

point of leak?

C.V joint seals? Torque converter seal? Range switch stud seal?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:32am On Jul 20, 2018
jossytech:
P0037 TOYOTA - Oxygen Sensor Heater Control Circuit Low Bank 1 Sensor 2

P2401 TOYOTA - EVAP System Leak Detection Pump Control Circuit Low

010 Toyota Corrola

What way out Sir

Its for my boss

Replace entire evap system
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by candygebsslim: 9:37am On Jul 20, 2018
My car Toyota Camry 2005 pushes with forward with a bang whenever i engage the gear to D. I feel it most of the front tires. And this bang increases as the car temperature increases.
Very early in the morning the bang is very very minimal when i engage the gear but as i drive around and car temperature keeps increasing, this bang keeps increasing to a point that when I engage the gear to D.
Every occupant of the Car jerks forward.

Note.
Gear had issues of revving up and not selecting when in motion.

It was a 13pin converted to 10 pin.

Repairs done.

Changed all engine mounts still bang persist.
Changed gear body valve(brain box) thrice bang persist

In the course of changing the body valve, the mechanic forgot to set the gear selector on the body valve, hence car was only moving forward when gear is on R N D. And during this time, bang stopped.

Make una come deliver me my gurus
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by gambus007(m): 1:45pm On Jul 20, 2018
parcifal:

My Peugeot 307 shows the catalyst converter fault on the small screen on top of the dashboard. Whenever is shows, the car will lose compression (power) and starts to jerk. sometimes the car stops it's self to a halt. also the check engine light blinks whenever this happened. Pls anyone with the idea of how to solve this bcoz the mechanic here have no solution to it. Thanks.
Problem is not a bad catalyst converter, Your car has serious misfire which is related to one or two issues. Catalyst converter fault is telling you of a serious misfire that can lead to damage of cat. check for a weak fuel pump and two or three of your injectors are bad. Scan your car to identify the cause of that issue. Don't remove the catalyst converter...scan your car.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Numberz(m): 4:36pm On Jul 20, 2018
Gazzuz the Chair...car enthusiasts; all protocols duly observed

I have a 1997 Toyota Camry with electrical issue I think. Recently when on motion the speedometer will go down to zero & the mileage number will disappear; then the car will become kind of sluggish (movement wise) & gear selection will be sluggish also. The car goes back to normal after sometime though but am not comfortable with it
Just in case...I recently changed timing belt & had a rewire look into my instrument cluster light which was not coming up when I turn on my headlights at night. I also worked on a leakage on the steering rack.
Please what should I do? It's my only car O!!!
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Dthrone: 5:55pm On Jul 20, 2018
Please I need help with my car tire just got this 010 Toyota Camry xle it came with 215 60r16.the car seems too low please what can I change the tire to
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:21pm On Jul 20, 2018
Dthrone:
Please I need help with my car tire just got this 010 Toyota Camry xle it came with 215 60r16.the car seems too low please what can I change the tire to

215/65/15 will give you extra height.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:23pm On Jul 20, 2018
Numberz:
Gazzuz the Chair...car enthusiasts; all protocols duly observed

I have a 1997 Toyota Camry with electrical issue I think. Recently when on motion the speedometer will go down to zero & the mileage number will disappear; then the car will become kind of sluggish (movement wise) & gear selection will be sluggish also. The car goes back to normal after sometime though but am not comfortable with it
Just in case...I recently changed timing belt & had a rewire look into my instrument cluster light which was not coming up when I turn on my headlights at night. I also worked on a leakage on the steering rack.
Please what should I do? It's my only car O!!!

possible faulty cluster.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:25pm On Jul 20, 2018
candygebsslim:
My car Toyota Camry 2005 pushes with forward with a bang whenever i engage the gear to D. I feel it most of the front tires. And this bang increases as the car temperature increases.
Very early in the morning the bang is very very minimal when i engage the gear but as i drive around and car temperature keeps increasing, this bang keeps increasing to a point that when I engage the gear to D.
Every occupant of the Car jerks forward.

Note.
Gear had issues of revving up and not selecting when in motion.

It was a 13pin converted to 10 pin.

Repairs done.

Changed all engine mounts still bang persist.
Changed gear body valve(brain box) thrice bang persist

In the course of changing the body valve, the mechanic forgot to set the gear selector on the body valve, hence car was only moving forward when gear is on R N D. And during this time, bang stopped.

Make una come deliver me my gurus

I have no idea where to start from

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:26pm On Jul 20, 2018
gambus007:

Problem is not a bad catalyst converter, Your car has serious misfire which is related to one or two issues. Catalyst converter fault is telling you of a serious misfire that can lead to damage of cat. check for a weak fuel pump and two or three of your injectors are bad. Scan your car to identify the cause of that issue. Don't remove the catalyst converter...scan your car.

He has a lot of valid points.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:29pm On Jul 20, 2018
parcifal:

scan.

Possible faults.

Coil pack.
Crank shaft sensor
O2 sensors.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Dthrone: 6:35pm On Jul 20, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

215/65/15 will give you extra height.
Sir do you mean 16 coz it came with a rim 16 but anytime I try to drive over some covert the under touches the floor.....the tire is 215 60 r 16 would I have to change the rim If I want to change to rim 15 according to you
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:59pm On Jul 20, 2018
Dthrone:

Sir do you mean 16 coz it came with a rim 16 but anytime I try to drive over some covert the under touches the floor.....the tire is 215 60 r 16 would I have to change the rim If I want to change to rim 15 according to you

sorry 16
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Dthrone: 7:10pm On Jul 20, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

sorry 16

Thanks so much sir please do you have any body contact that sell brand new tire and I can do an exchange with the ones that came with the car.....
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Machini(m): 7:39am On Jul 21, 2018
Good day all.

There's something I've always wanted to confirm. A friend once told me it is not ideal to breeze through your gears, for example the gear is in Park, and you want to select Drive, you have to select Reverse first and allow it load, then Neutral, and then Drive.

Please can the gurus confirm this? Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:04am On Jul 21, 2018
Machini:
Good day all.

There's something I've always wanted to confirm. A friend once told me it is not ideal to breeze through your gears, for example the gear is in Park, and you want to select Drive, you have to select Reverse first and allow it load, then Neutral, and then Drive.

Please can the gurus confirm this? Thanks.

Gear remains unaffected. You just exercised your arm grin

Just pull it down to D in a flash. wink

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by parcifal: 12:47pm On Jul 21, 2018
gambus007:

Thank you brother, I've just scan the car and one of the faults read:- "Misfiring on several cylinders ". pls what's the next step to take now bcoz I don't want those mechanic to create a bigger problem for me. am just coming from where the car was scanned. Thank you Sir.

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (509) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.