Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 - Education (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 (172252 Views)

MTN Scholarship 2014 Shortlists / MTN Scholarship 2014 Thread / Esso Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2014/2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Attorney1Lawz: 7:20am On Aug 27, 2014
linton99: nice! Life is about risk..we should take it..I think any1 close to the. PUNCH newspapers should try n find out..I dnt think it would cost anything..some editors n. Journalist are looking 4 what will sell their papers..talk more of this magnitude of a matter!

Hi Scholars,

Its time to put action to positive use, lets keep pushing this message of ineptitude exhibited by NDDC out there by putting calls out there to the electronic media like radio and TV platforms in whatever states we reside.

In this light, I am compiling a list of contacts with the national dailies and would put that up soon for those of us interested in effecting change peacefully.

Let me emphasize that the very act of making known this anomaly is not just for our benefit but that of prospective scholars. Let those who are not selfish enough to seek good for them selves also participate and help the NDDC board realize that its a foreign scholarship - with the Nigerian image at stake. we cannot continue to act like its a local embarrassment when some universities know that the Nigerian government through NDDC would always send scholars late perpetually cos of lack of organization for the past couple of years now.

We must aT least let someone understand that NDDC is no revenue generating agency but one to cater for the welfare of Fellow Niger Deltan youths inclusive and so the snippet of allocation it gives to educating us must not come after making sure people sleep with cellphones to thier heart expecting one SMS from NDDC. Life could be easier if theY manage the process in a orderly manner from henceforth.

And please could you update the forum on any steps you have taken so we don't have a duplication of efforts as well as feedback earned.

Lets keep the heat on - and allow the management of NDDC be alive to its responsibility.

Lastly, let our message to the public be positive and objective in reference to the system and no individual in particular. Its the process we aim at addressing

God bless you all Intending Scholars

THANKS!!!

3 Likes

Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by seselez: 8:25am On Aug 27, 2014
charlycharly: Men don vex. This na action film.

lol, i don sidon dey watch una from backyard. Me my own b say my sch dey resume sept 9th ooooooooooo. make NDDC do fast.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by csimms7: 9:19am On Aug 27, 2014
rajrascal: My people,i will advise we hold fire on all fronts,lets not be misled.Attorney is sounding like one dat is quite embittered.I hope there is nothing more to this,cos some of his statements dey fear me.

Friends let us not be too hasty cos' of this new ginger,personally i dont like the way it is going.I need this scholarship like yesterday,so i feel the pain of everyone.But my people una don ask attorney if im get stake for dis NDDC scholarship.or im na radical lawyer seeking to earn his stripes with this whole delay issue.

The whole thing has dragged on and we all agree,but all this house of assembly and EFCC yarns (e never reach all dat level nah)..PTDF didnt release last year the heavens nor fall (dat wont be our portion)..

caution..caution..caution..red flags everywhere!!

I support you oooo! This kain new ginger sef. If nddc decide not to release list, na abeg we go dey oooo! Make una take am easy. Hmmmm!!!! If you no go this year, you fit go January or next year. Most important thing na say ur name flash for the list. You go kpa kpa use the few months or one year hustle hold cash cos I know say some of us here sef no hold enough bar presently (no chop me o, na true I talk).
Let's be patient. Remember! Patience is a Virtue!
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by csimms7: 9:23am On Aug 27, 2014
charlycharly: Men don vex. This na action film.

Lwkmd. Na real action film o. Nddc na boss we na actor.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by csimms7: 9:36am On Aug 27, 2014
Inasmuch as I like the new ginger I can't help but ask a few questions to the gingerbread man in the person of Attorney.

Bros where you dey since we dey this forum na? You dey watch us as ghost or cinema tins? I appreciate the ginger but the question is aren't you being hasty pushing us in that direction considering you've done neither have you contributed nothing to this forum.

I feel you are capitalising on our need for this and exploiting the weakness amongst us all.

My fellow scholars, one or two more weeks of waiting wouldn't kill us, you all know I'm not negative but what if after the ginger some people here names no dey, shey life go go on for them ni?

Let's do the smartest and wisest thing at this moment, first is to keep praying, second is to write our various schools and ask for extension. I've done mine and I've been given until Oct 13th. Highest na say we go read x2 to make up for the lost time.

Remember! Hasty and rash decisions isn't always the best answer. It might have worked for some, kudos to them, we don't even know the background or history of theirs, let's be patient I implore us all. Take your mind off it, write your schools and give nddc two more weeks.

Thanks.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Attorney1Lawz: 10:33am On Aug 27, 2014
First, I did like to appreciate those who have made attempts to voice out the germaine issues we have raised in this forum.

and let me emphasize that there is nothing new in the suggestions being discussed as issues have being objective as to possible as to the wrong attitude exhibited by the NDDC management from its inception.

Some Housewarming to this effect is that :

1.The NDDC Act, 2000 - did not come as a result of lets siddon look attitude as politicians run our show attitude, various pressure groups covertly and overtly were on the rise engaging media , the National Assembly and the Executive all same time before NDDC came into being. U think the north would just allow u establish an agency solely for a region with siddon look attitude and lets keep praying to God atttitude right.

2. The establishment of the DIRECTORATE OF EDUCATION, HEALTH and SOCIAL SCIENCES(See NDDC Act,2000) was well debated on the floor of the house and almost scraped if not for same pressure on committee members to think of development as more than physical infrastructure to include human capacity development. Have you thought of why its a this division is lumped with Health and Social sciences ?

3. Initially these no vision civil servants in this newly established NDDC were going about talking of the need to just offer professional training like menial vocational stuffs on UNDERSEA WELDNG to our youths despite the billions of NAIRA that was to be voted to this organization. Obviously they knew with road construction, u can award contracts and refuse to pay or perform but in training people, u must definitely pay for such service.

4. Furthermore , Intensive Pressure like what is being suggested led to broadening Capacity development to move overseas and not just do in-country vocational training . secondly, haggling over the exact number was no easy as they always thought of very few numbers , obviously less than 100 persons for a takeoff. pressure led to a jack-up of the figures to a speculative 200 scholars ceiling.

5. We talk of a uniform representation in NDDC today not because its the wish of politicians, enlightened minds had to make sure that the Act in itself created representation for each state irrespective of if its an oil bearing community or not and this is being monitored too .

6. NDDC, as everyone has been knows has over the years as really not living to the BILLIONS of allocations it receives in terms of physical infrastructures like even road construction our people ply on and even rehabilitating health centres for nursing mothers and our secondary schools nor primary schools have not felt the benefits for which NDDC was established to cater for.

7. After the initial 2 years of running this foreign scholarship, obviously everyone tot this NDDC were keen on educating our youths and making sure our people had more opportunities tom participate in the Oil and gas industry . Alas it moved from a semi transparency era to a cult like organization. where u could have a final list of scholars known only to the few members of NDDC management. next thing was a decrease of scholars from 200 to about 188 .

8. The decline in NDDC responsibility is on the increase in all facets its supposed to cater for , while federal allocation is on the increase and board members are smiling home each day. This has eaten up into the foriegn scholarship scheme and if we think its GOD in heaven that would correct that anomaly, then we better be ready to wait for a long time.

Fellow scholars the logical question I ask is what stops us from towing the line of PUBLIC PARTICIPATION and MEDIA AWARENESS that led to the creation of this organization, the enactment of a scholarship scheme to benefit all . Shouldnt we ask for simple communication line as to the status of interviews conducted in April this YEAR. Must we be the last set of students as NIGER DELTANS to join our fellow scholars from other far responsible schemes like PTDF, NITDA etc at schools in Europe.

If we have learned any history in this country and enclave of ours in the DELTA on the benefit of peaceful engagement - let us use it is asking for - an OFFICIAL RESPONSE, A FINAL LIST being made public.

THANKS FOR YOUR REASONING !!!

1 Like

Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by rajrascal: 10:45am On Aug 27, 2014
@Attorney,pls no disrepect but kindly furnish us with the following details,which course are you going for and which school did you apply to..cheers mate!

A demand for d final list to be made public at this point won't checkmate fraud if dat is our main reason.This demand would have made sense if a list of those invited for interview was made public.Lets give thought to issues before embarking on pointless ventures.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Attorney1Lawz: 10:51am On Aug 27, 2014
csimms7:

Baba I support you but make we wait until first week of September.
Still on the matter, please I will advise you all write your schools asking for extension, I just did and my school replied saying I can register latest by 2nd week of October although that would mean I would be a few weeks late and would need to put in double the effort. Keep the hope alive. The letters are coming soon. Have faith y'all.

I adding work to our long held faith. I got my letter ready for the Rep and senator over my constituency.

According based on some review of active members of the National Assembly who have got the boldness to discuss openly on the floor and notify the government an Germaine issues affecting the POLITY, I have a short list of persons we could reach out to in driving home our objective reasoning about this scholarship scheme.

Senate Education committee
http://www.nassnig.org/nass/committees.php?id=17
• Chairman, Education Committee
Senator Uche Chuckwumerije
http://www.nassnig.org/nass/portfolio/profile.php?id=sen.uchechukwumerije
• Secretary, Education Committee
Felix Orumwense
Telephone Number: 08037880471
Room: S109 – Room 19
Prospective Members of the SENATE we can engage:
• SEN. VICTOR NDOMA EGBA – Principal officer
http://www.nassnig.org/nass/portfolio/profile.php?id=sen.victoregba
Email Address: vndomegba@nassnig.org

• SEN. ITA SOLOMON JAMES ENANG
http://www.nassnig.org/nass/portfolio/profile.php?id=SEN.%20ENANG%20ITA%20SOLOMON%20JAMES
Email Address: info@itaenanglaw.com
Prospective Members of HOUSE OF REPs we can engage with:
• S.B Ibitoye : 08033110765 – Committee Secretary on Education

Education Ministry
• DR. BEN IBE
Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Education
Tel: 09-52322800

In conclusion, we in the spirit of logic and objectiveness, we can suggest more possible leads and strategy we can engage with in
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by youngelder(m): 10:57am On Aug 27, 2014
Wel, i'v bin an ardent reader and follower of this thread (though in d background).. But reali, is al dis fuzz and hulabaloo reali necessary? We intending scholars hv waited dis long.. And just wen we are almost dere we want to shoot ourselves in d leg?
Some say its our right. Yes it is. Howeva, if NDDC decides to concentrate on road and oda infrarstructural developments and projects.. Guy dere is notin we can do abt it.
I respect d ginger.. Bt lyk smbdy suggested. Lets wait.
To evry action dere is an equal and opposite reaction... Dis action can totally mar our wait..
We are almost dere.. Patience is a virtue. Bt d attitude u put up while waiting matters...
God Bless Us al...
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by csimms7: 11:23am On Aug 27, 2014
Attorney1Lawz:

I adding work to our long held faith. I got my letter ready for the Rep and senator over my constituency.

According based on some review of active members of the National Assembly who have got the boldness to discuss openly on the floor and notify the government an Germaine issues affecting the POLITY, I have a short list of persons we could reach out to in driving home our objective reasoning about this scholarship scheme.

Senate Education committee
http://www.nassnig.org/nass/committees.php?id=17
• Chairman, Education Committee
Senator Uche Chuckwumerije
http://www.nassnig.org/nass/portfolio/profile.php?id=sen.uchechukwumerije
• Secretary, Education Committee
Felix Orumwense
Telephone Number: 08037880471
Room: S109 – Room 19
Prospective Members of the SENATE we can engage:
• SEN. VICTOR NDOMA EGBA – Principal officer
http://www.nassnig.org/nass/portfolio/profile.php?id=sen.victoregba
Email Address: vndomegba@nassnig.org

• SEN. ITA SOLOMON JAMES ENANG
http://www.nassnig.org/nass/portfolio/profile.php?id=SEN.%20ENANG%20ITA%20SOLOMON%20JAMES
Email Address: info@itaenanglaw.com
Prospective Members of HOUSE OF REPs we can engage with:
• S.B Ibitoye : 08033110765 – Committee Secretary on Education

Education Ministry
• DR. BEN IBE
Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Education
Tel: 09-52322800

In conclusion, we in the spirit of logic and objectiveness, we can suggest more possible leads and strategy we can engage with in

Bros no write oooo!!!! We no want na. Ah ah. Which kain guy you be? Na you wan take decision for us all. We wan wait. If you insist on writing put your name and exams details o and write for yourself alone. We wan wait!!!! Waiting no go kill us.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by EMMABC1(m): 11:38am On Aug 27, 2014
csimms7:

Bros no write oooo!!!! We no want na. Ah ah. Which kain guy you be? Na you wan take decision for us all. We wan wait. If you insist on writing put your name and exams details o and write for yourself alone. We wan wait!!!! Waiting no go kill us.
hey man u can't gag him. Nothing absolutely wrong wt that.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Attorney1Lawz: 12:01pm On Aug 27, 2014
AttorneyLawz: Guys , I can feel all life Is gone from this thread COS OF THE SPATE OF RUMOURS FROM ALL KINDS OF PERSONS - I can only only suggest that we follow our fellow Russian colleages formula who were stranded under the BEA SCHOLARSHIP this year and took to protest this action by the FG before they were attended to. We have to protest this illtreatment by NDDC WHEREBY POTENTIAL SCHOLARS ARE MADE TO COMMIT SO MUCH AND YET THEY DONT DEEM IT FIT TO COMMUNICATE WITH US THIER GROUNDS as at when due- possibly some Newspaper Advert to that effect would help all institution get things right that NDDC IS MEANT TO BENEFIT US ALL!!!

In the light of enacting change, I am putting up my objective conclusions on how to improve this SCHEME for US and prospective scholars in an article format . I intend to forward them to our dailies. Am sure a number of them would be interested in knowing how this scheme is functioning especially since the scheme has been going on with no improvement over the years.

Some thoughts for those who reason in this direction should be :

1. Do we take actions for just our personal benefit or for the common good of each other . Patiently waiting is just a selfish act of expecting - the system to just favor you alone and showing less concern for the kind of stress other prospective scholars would face.

2. Why wouldn't NDDC assist scholars with ticketing and settling the accommodation deposit which a lot of scholars over the years still needlessly hustle for . Shouldn't it be that once u get the award letter - they ensure that ur movement for studies and stay at school is covered from day one.

3. Is it a crime for NDDC to come up with a list for Selection of Candidates, Exam schedule , Interview sessions and Final Award and even possible departure of scholars. is it so expensive or tedious a thing to do. After all, we know election timetable , football timetable etc.

3. Like I continue to say, without people agitating there would have been no scheme in the first place, without people protesting - there would be even no qualifying exams used in selecting more qualified persons as the 1ST BATCH of scholars were purely selected on only God knows criteria.

4. As at today, let none build castles in the air about the inclusion of ones name in the list. that decision is affected by several factors and no list is certain until its announced - so ur action or inaction doesn't affect no scholarship list.

5. If we withdraw and allow time slip by till when its convenient for NDDC to tell the world that time is gone and that we can only wait for nest year - then we should be prepared for a repeat of watched time to prepare for tests - score very high scores like some did, prepare for interviews and then wait for a response again next year which is yet uncertain.

6. Albiet, we could ask for what is right politely - attack the issues which most people are scared to handle and then expect the best. I do sincerely believe thats how matured minds do their "waiting" and not just acting out "patience" when u not even guaranteed a place in the scholarship list.

Lastly , if scholars in far away Russia could engage the media much to a level that the Federal government had to ,listen and attend to them - how about we right here even with NDDC in Port Harcourt. Lets us act as wise , bold and intelligent youths that we are in the Niger delta. i strongly suggest that we do same as our Russian Colleagues, there is no reason to fear in taking a wise step.

THANKS!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by linton99: 12:21pm On Aug 27, 2014
Honestly,whether u like dis guy's ginger or not..the truth is NDDC have acted unfairly to us...no parameters for selection,every1 is waiting and praying...no assurance ..if u do noting it will be more painful when d list is out and some expectations are disappointed...as it stands no matter hw u try to take ur mind off..I n u all know we are waiting,anxiously..and when finally it comes our plans will surely be disrupted to either abandon what ur doing n travel or cry n move on...CHANGE only comes to those who desire it,u can not tell me that a govt agency is spending about 4.5million naira on each person n they won't. Say wat selection criteria is used..make d selection process open n transparent! U can see every1s name b4 test,but after that no names are made public again so u can't verify...God help Nigeria!
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Attorney1Lawz: 12:53pm On Aug 27, 2014
linton99: Honestly,whether u like dis guy's ginger or not..the truth is NDDC have acted unfairly to us...no parameters for selection,every1 is waiting and praying...no assurance ..if u do noting it will be more painful when d list is out and some expectations are disappointed...as it stands no matter hw u try to take ur mind off..I n u all know we are waiting,anxiously..and when finally it comes our plans will surely be disrupted to either abandon what ur doing n travel or cry n move on...CHANGE only comes to those who desire it,u can not tell me that a govt agency is spending about 4.5million naira on each person n they won't. Say wat selection criteria is used..make d selection process open n transparent! U can see every1s name b4 test,but after that no names are made public again so u can't verify...God help Nigeria!

Hi Guys,

Lets take this Campaign Out, Let the world be aware - that as responsible Niger deltans, we deserve the very best and be can be organized at getting such done.

We only asking for two things and some people are jittery - most likely because they banking on imaginary long legs. - An official position to dispel rumours and anxiety cos everyone is doing short term plans while we await this list .

Okay reach out thru 1 minute call to TV stations and radio, u say no, write to a rep member u say no STILL - okay wait for the list then and stop spreading rumours - they wouldnt.

As far as I am concerned, what we are requesting for at this moment is not even an issue worth batting an eye lid over, if NDDC is genuine, they should be asking for more money for its scholars, the Uk has continuously increased tution over the years.

It beats my imagination that an organization that is supposed to assist with developing the capacity of a region is doin the opposite. First , intelligent minds would get admission from prestigious colleagues like Imperial, KCL, even Oxford and next thing they destroy the future prospects of such a person by telling him/her to go to Coventry- Salford, cos as far as they are concerned its a show business- u taking our youths to the UK. (after all its all UK) - How can u possibly suggest a top flight student to leave imperial offer in Petroleum geophysics and go to some "clandestine university"- thats absolutely outrageous and unacceptable .

This PR business of theirs-NDDC- is got to stop and thats by the effective method our RUSSIAN counterparts took - Massive, Continuous and Intensive media campaign until the right things are dome.

Do join in this tide, if u got a purposeful and sefless heart for change. Change that benefits all, not a "siddon look attitude" or selfish "waiting for my name to appear on the list xter". Those advocating action too are also waiting to and are as concerned too

Thanks Scholars!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by csimms7: 1:12pm On Aug 27, 2014
Which kain wahala b dis na? Why na my time this kain people dey? Wait first o, if nddc say no scholarship this year just as ptdf did last year wetin go happen?
No one here is sure of their names being on the list and we are all agitating? Use your number 6 before number 7 naw?
You raised a point of imperial and etc, why didn't you write PRESSID na? Why not pay for your deposit and get your CAS na? Baba you no get point o. Nddc have affiliate schools and we are all aware of it, on the other hand, if you've got your CAS they will ask you to sign a release of result form.
All these petitioning is too early. Look at the previous trend, it's come this late or just a lil more earlier.
Me I don't support it cos it's still within their time frame. If you have issues with nddc don't take it out on us.
Assuming they even publish list of those that gets the scholarship, how will you know the ghost names? Me wey dey chat with you, you know my name?
Abeg attorney we were all just fine before you came. If you wan petition, do it for yourself.
My fellow scholars we've waited this long. I'm impatient myself but I'm allowing my brain to rule my emotions now. 1st week of September is by the corner. We've waited this long, a week or two won't kill us.
Make we reason o, make we think o. Te Russian people we are using as reference, they were in Russia and it was a delay of payment, go and read up on it. This one different o. Make dem no go cancel am totally o. Plsssssss. I'm pleading. No school in UK starts lecture by 9th of September. I can bet and stake on it. They must do introduction and welcome week. Lectures starts 2nd or 3rd week. Pls and pls and pls let's all listen to my voice of reason.
I won't comment anymore on this my beloved friends. The time is near and na when good thing don dey near temptations dey come. People of 2012 no petition anybody. Dem dey their own and got theirs. We can do that and believe. Petitions can start going in by the end of 1st week.

1 Like

Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by rajrascal: 1:24pm On Aug 27, 2014
Attorney,if you are campaigning for more transparency in the whole NDDC scholarship process, then you may have a leg to stand on. You can write an open letter to a media house and if they see reason with you, they may publish it. You may even write the letter on Nairaland and hopefully it makes frontpage. But if you want to use this delay as a leverage my brother na there you miss road o!. Honourable members of this forum have reached out and are still reaching out to NDDC officials and what they keep saying is that the list is being delayed because of funding issues. Do you think the funding issue is not known to the senate members you want to “report” them to?

Out of the blues you have come forth with this your war chant, and i say you are a usurper and interloper. You come with many words but few reasoning, maybe seeking to bamboozle weak minds, but you know right from the get-go I spotted your motive. This guy has a personal agenda and I stand to be corrected, he wants to co-opt as many as possible into his army and down the line his true motive will be revealed.

We have called for a little more patience,he is agitating for quick action, some folks have been here right from the test, interview and waiting stages. Where have you been? If you have an axe to grind with NDDC please seek another platform. Maybe you didn’t even scale the test stage or had a horrible interview, why do we trust someone we aren’t sure has a stake in this thing.Please Mr Attorney,who are you?

Do you need a crowd to start this your revolution?.if you believe strongly that you are on track please go ahead alone.I am not ashamed to say i am waiting for my name to be on the list, this shows that you have never been part of us, because that’s what we all are waiting for, praying for and that’s what has kept us united as a family. I won’t be here if I know my name isn’t on that list, i would have moved on.#webelieve#

1 Like

Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by csimms7: 1:39pm On Aug 27, 2014
I had said I wouldn't call or ask any source but rather wait it out but because of these fresh agitations I had to do that just now.
The person I called works at nddc and the person asked the same question I asked which is "for those agitating how sure are you that your names are there?" The person also said that they will find out from a director later in the day and I hung up.
While I was composing this, my contact called me immediately and told me that as I hung up, the lady who coordinated us on the interview day(the fair lady that I think she's from Edo) walked past and on further enquiry, the lady told my contact that they will release the list but some would have to defer their admission to the following year.
My contact also said the MD has been terribly ill and just resumed office last week amidst agitations of some phc youths that took place a few days ago. My contact asked me to implore you all to be patient.
This no be courtroom o. Me na beg I dey beg.
There it is.
Have a nice day. I wouldn't comment further on this issue. Enjoy.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by DSSHQ: 1:53pm On Aug 27, 2014
csimms7: Which kain wahala b dis na? Why na my time this kain people dey? Wait first o, if nddc say no scholarship this year just as ptdf did last year wetin go happen?
No one here is sure of their names being on the list and we are all agitating? Use your number 6 before number 7 naw?
You raised a point of imperial and etc, why didn't you write PRESSID na? Why not pay for your deposit and get your CAS na? Baba you no get point o. Nddc have affiliate schools and we are all aware of it, on the other hand, if you've got your CAS they will ask you to sign a release of result form.
All these petitioning is too early. Look at the previous trend, it's come this late or just a lil more earlier.
Me I don't support it cos it's still within their time frame. If you have issues with nddc don't take it out on us.
Assuming they even publish list of those that gets the scholarship, how will you know the ghost names? Me wey dey chat with you, you know my name?
Abeg attorney we were all just fine before you came. If you wan petition, do it for yourself.
My fellow scholars we've waited this long. I'm impatient myself but I'm allowing my brain to rule my emotions now. 1st week of September is by the corner. We've waited this long, a week or two won't kill us.
Make we reason o, make we think o. Te Russian people we are using as reference, they were in Russia and it was a delay of payment, go and read up on it. This one different o. Make dem no go cancel am totally o. Plsssssss. I'm pleading. No school in UK starts lecture by 9th of September. I can bet and stake on it. They must do introduction and welcome week. Lectures starts 2nd or 3rd week. Pls and pls and pls let's all listen to my voice of reason.
I won't comment anymore on this my beloved friends. The time is near and na when good thing don dey near temptations dey come. People of 2012 no petition anybody. Dem dey their own and got theirs. We can do that and believe. Petitions can start going in by the end of 1st week.
Spot on man! My thoughts exactly.You don't have the scholarship yet you're agitating! People need to think straight.Smh
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Benny247(m): 2:06pm On Aug 27, 2014
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Benny247(m): 2:07pm On Aug 27, 2014
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Benny247(m): 2:11pm On Aug 27, 2014
csimms7: Which kain wahala b dis na? Why na my time this kain people dey? Wait first o, if nddc say no scholarship this year just as ptdf did last year wetin go happen?
Hahahahahaha.....Abeg my stomach hurts already...this forum is now gradually taking a new form "Seems like a parliament now", Okay, on a lighter note, Please can i be the accurate time keeper or even the Judge? as some people are for while others are against the moment to petition or not. (Csimm7 vs Attorney....lol).

But on a serious note, after reading through all various comments above, this is what I have to say...
1. This agitation or petition will be more meaningful, if we have collectively seen our names as NDDC scholars and NDDC failed to deliver on their financial promises.
2. If schools in the U.K has resumed and we are yet to know our stand.
3.If NDDC refuse to contact us as at when due, we can agitate but the wasted time, emotional trauma or heartbreak cant be repaid.
4. We need to engage more in prays.
5. We should patiently wait till 5th of Sept before we start losing hope.
6. I strongly believe we will be contacted very soon.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Benny247(m): 2:22pm On Aug 27, 2014
csimms7: I had said I wouldn't call or ask any source but rather wait it out but because of these fresh agitations I had to do that just now.
The person I called works at nddc and the person asked the same question I asked which is "for those agitating how sure are you that your names are there?" The person also said that they will find out from a director later in the day and I hung up.
While I was composing this, my contact called me immediately and told me that as I hung up, the lady who coordinated us on the interview day(the fair lady that I think she's from Edo) walked past and on further enquiry, the lady told my contact that they will release the list but some would have to defer their admission to the following year.
My contact also said the MD has been terribly ill and just resumed office last week amidst agitations of some phc youths that took place a few days ago. My contact asked me to implore you all to be patient.
This no be courtroom o. Me na beg I dey beg.
There it is.
Have a nice day. I wouldn't comment further on this issue. Enjoy.
Thanks my very paddy...I sha know there will be lite at the end of this NDDC tunnel.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by EMMABC1(m): 2:24pm On Aug 27, 2014
rajrascal: Attorney,if you are campaigning for more transparency in the whole NDDC scholarship process, then you may have a leg to stand on. You can write an open letter to a media house and if they see reason with you, they may publish it. You may even write the letter on Nairaland and hopefully it makes frontpage. But if you want to use this delay as a leverage my brother na there you miss road o!. Honourable members of this forum have reached out and are still reaching out to NDDC officials and what they keep saying is that the list is being delayed because of funding issues. Do you think the funding issue is not known to the senate members you want to “report” them to?

Out of the blues you have come forth with this your war chant, and i say you are a usurper and interloper. You come with many words but few reasoning, maybe seeking to bamboozle weak minds, but you know right from the get-go I spotted your motive. This guy has a personal agenda and I stand to be corrected, he wants to co-opt as many as possible into his army and down the line his true motive will be revealed.

We have called for a little more patience,he is agitating for quick action, some folks have been here right from the test, interview and waiting stages. Where have you been? If you have an axe to grind with NDDC please seek another platform. Maybe you didn’t even scale the test stage or had a horrible interview, why do we trust someone we aren’t sure has a stake in this thing.Please Mr Attorney,who are you?

Do you need a crowd to start this your revolution?.if you believe strongly that you are on track please go ahead alone.I am not ashamed to say i am waiting for my name to be on the list, this shows that you have never been part of us, because that’s what we all are waiting for, praying for and that’s what has kept us united as a family. I won’t be here if I know my name isn’t on that list, i would have moved on.#webelieve#
cowardice, self-defeat and self-disbelief, unecessary fear and 'this is naija' attitude all sum up both ur mentality and Cismms'. Would d Russian scholars have gotten reprive if not 4 d doggedness and bravery of certain Nigerians. Be d change that u want. It all begins wt u. Stop discouraging others if u don't ve d liver.

1 Like

Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Attorney1Lawz: 2:25pm On Aug 27, 2014
linton99: Honestly,whether u like dis guy's ginger or not..the truth is NDDC have acted unfairly to us...no parameters for selection,every1 is waiting and praying...no assurance ..if u do noting it will be more painful when d list is out and some expectations are disappointed...as it stands no matter hw u try to take ur mind off..I n u all know we are waiting,anxiously..and when finally it comes our plans will surely be disrupted to either abandon what ur doing n travel or cry n move on...CHANGE only comes to those who desire it,u can not tell me that a govt agency is spending about 4.5million naira on each person n they won't. Say wat selection criteria is used..make d selection process open n transparent! U can see every1s name b4 test,but after that no names are made public again so u can't verify...God help Nigeria!

hI Guys,

Whilst its becoming apparent by the hour that some selfish people are hell bent on maintaining the status quo - they dont see the need to improve any system as far as they have been given assurances by some Janitor somewhere in NDDC that they have been shortlisted. Makes me remember the Liberian war situation where a cabinet member had to reside a refuge camp to during the war after spiting at fellow citizens just before the war began. We must not sit,pray and hope whilst doing nothing- we must act in our own little way.

I discuss issues germane to everyone. No-one disagree that organization is lacking at NDDC, yet some Body else talks of insider connections known only to him/her and continues to in a fit of shame and low self esteem engage in calling people names in an open forum. I and my fellow colleagues are interested in the continuity of this scheme and thats why we insist that we do what we can to see it change. Beneficiaries of this scholarship aren't happy with the set-up and are happy to join in insisting that those coming enjoy their stay, get quality education and good money for commonwealth obtained from our backyards. Some just keep referring to a list as if thats where it all ends and stops

If u interested in the current embarrassing setup carryone , Congrats to you and its your very humble opinion which u entitled to but dont come here , refuse to harness reason from what is being said and call urself a stakeholder when all u desire is ur personal benefit.

I got no issue with the institution called NDDC as I have elaborated how public support and enlightenment saw to its creation and even the development of this scheme. Sure some would have resisted such attempts then, if they were in the foray. Alas today there is a scheme to cater for everyone including those whose "stakeholdership " so to speak is tied to "they told me my name is on the list".

Nevertheless some of us who were there at the beginning and know how things work are telling the history for people to decide on what can be beneficial to all.

On this side of the divide, lets keep reaching out - discussing issues as it affects us all . Lets remain objective , consistent and peaceful in whatever initiative we resort to. Indeed no effort is to little on the path to progress

Lastly, i did like end with my favorite inspiration by - for RESISTANCE TO CHANGE IS THE ENERGY OF FOOLS. You either buy into the truth or grope in darkness and illusion of a coming light. Let those who say its impossible sit back and watch how change is enacted.

THANKS for your understanding all and dont let the selfish motive of some who are now spokesperson for an institution they got no history of wittle down the demand for fairness,structure and professionalism in handling this scheme

1 Like

Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by csimms7: 2:42pm On Aug 27, 2014
Attorney1Lawz:
hI Guys,
Whilst its becoming apparent by the hour that some selfish people are hell bent on maintaining the status quo - they dont see the need to improve any system as far as they have been given assurances by some Janitor somewhere in NDDC that they have been shortlisted. Makes me remember the Liberian war situation where a cabinet member had to reside a refuge camp to during the war after spiting at fellow citizens just before the war began. We must not sit,pray and hope whilst doing nothing- we must act in our own little way.
I discuss issues germane to everyone. No-one disagree that organization is lacking at NDDC, yet some Body else talks of insider connections known only to him/her and continues to in a fit of shame and low self esteem engage in calling people names in an open forum. I and my fellow colleagues are interested in the continuity of this scheme and thats why we insist that we do what we can to see it change. Beneficiaries of this scholarship aren't happy with the set-up and are happy to join in insisting that those coming enjoy their stay, get quality education and good money for commonwealth obtained from our backyards. Some just keep referring to a list as if thats where it all ends and stops
If u interested in the current embarrassing setup carryone , Congrats to you and its your very humble opinion which u entitled to but dont come here , refuse to harness reason from what is being said and call urself a stakeholder when all u desire is ur personal benefit.
I got no issue with the institution called NDDC as I have elaborated how public support and enlightenment saw to its creation and even the development of this scheme. Sure some would have resisted such attempts then, if they were in the foray. Alas today there is a scheme to cater for everyone including those whose "stakeholdership " so to speak is tied to "they told me my name is on the list".
Nevertheless some of us who were there at the beginning and know how things work are telling the history for people to decide on what can be beneficial to all.
On this side of the divide, lets keep reaching out - discussing issues as it affects us all . Lets remain objective , consistent and peaceful in whatever initiative we resort to. Indeed no effort is to little on the path to progress
Lastly, i did like end with my favorite inspiration by - for RESISTANCE TO CHANGE IS THE ENERGY OF FOOLS. You either buy into the truth or grope in darkness and illusion of a coming light. Let those who say its impossible sit back and watch how change is enacted.
THANKS for your understanding all and dont let the selfish motive of some who are now spokesperson for an institution they got no history of wittle down the demand for fairness,structure and professionalism in handling this scheme
EMMABC1:
cowardice, self-defeat and self-disbelief, unecessary fear and 'this is naija' attitude all sum up both ur mentality and Cismms'. Would d Russian scholars have gotten reprive if not 4 d doggedness and bravery of certain Nigerians. Be d change that u want. It all begins wt u. Stop discouraging others if u don't ve d liver.

Emma!!!! Defender of the universe. The very brave one! If you brave reach shey you know Nddc office for port harcourt. Enter plane or bus. I go personally drive you reach the gate then go and face the MD. Y u dey worry sef na. No b u say ur brother see ur name? Make ur brother save us the trauma by asking the MD na. U can see you are a liar, gargantuan, fake guy, attention seeker plus in one word "you no know yourself". You'll stay behind a phone and be calling people names! Come to think of it, y didn't you see me in Abuja or y are you dodging Benny? Aha! Let's see what Superman Emma has to say.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by rajrascal: 2:42pm On Aug 27, 2014
EMMABC1:

Guy..i for like reply u,but i gotta accept dat since u discovered ur name was on d list,na rubbish talk dey comot from ur mouth..move on little boy.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by csimms7: 2:47pm On Aug 27, 2014
Attorney1Lawz:

hI Guys,

First things first I don't take my time to read through the rubbish you type! I read the first few lines and then all I see is "blah blah blah" and more selfish interests from you. Actually let's start with a little plainness, what school and what course have you gotten admission into? We on this forum have familiarised ourselves and know a bit of ourselves. If you are smart you should know a bit of how to approach an issue. Plus the janitor gives quite accurate information.
Your supporter in the name of Emma said his brother knows the MD one on one and has checked and seen his name. Don't you think it would be better he asks that same brother to ask the MD? Oops! Of course you haven't been in the forum, how would you have seen that! My bad! Despite the fact that we all are impatient, we are all still reasonable and not stupid. Oops! Did I hurt a fake attorney? Lmao.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by EMMABC1(m): 2:54pm On Aug 27, 2014
csimms7:

Emma!!!! Defender of the universe. The very brave one! If you brave reach shey you know Nddc office for port harcourt. Enter plane or bus. I go personally drive you reach the gate then go and face the MD. Y u dey worry sef na. No b u say ur brother see ur name? Make ur brother save us the trauma by asking the MD na. U can see you are a liar, gargantuan, fake guy, attention seeker plus in one word "you no know yourself". You'll stay behind a phone and be calling people names! Come to think of it, y didn't you see me in Abuja or y are you dodging Benny? Aha! Let's see what Superman Emma has to say.
On a second tot, I decided not see u both in Abuja for a reasn and I don't 've any regret. Anyway I don't give a hood what u think or spew here. I hope I 've given a useful advice to a reasonable n responsible persn including Rajrascal.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by csimms7: 2:58pm On Aug 27, 2014
rajrascal:

Guy..i for like reply u,but i gotta accept dat since u discovered ur name was on d list,na rubbish talk dey comot from ur mouth..move on little boy.

Raj!!!!!!! You fall my hand badly. Reply the mugu. Him name no dey nowhere baba.

1 Like

Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by csimms7: 3:02pm On Aug 27, 2014
EMMABC1:
On a second tot, I decided not see u both in Abuja for a reasn and I don't 've any regret. Anyway I don't give a hood what u think or spew here. I hope I 've given a useful advice to a reasonable n responsible persn including Rajrascal.

No no no. Lmao. U r wrong. You can ask Benny what I told him I thought of you after I called you. You are fake bruv. Y haven't you seen Benny. No dey hide na. Fall out. Me I ain't hiding o, Abuja no be my city but I still fallout track men wey dey the town, we've been here in oneness and unity. If the full house agrees that we should petition, I have no issue but for someone who's not uttered a word since to fall out of the blues and wants to form rescuing maidens in distress, bros the maidens wey dey here get sense dieeeee! Rescue yaself! If na person wey dey yarn for the forum I go give listening ear. Author of confusion.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by rajrascal: 3:04pm On Aug 27, 2014
csimms7:

Raj!!!!!!! You fall my hand badly. Reply the mugu. Him name no dey nowhere baba.

Csimms my boss..free EmmaBC,he will not reduce us to his level of reasoning..let him n his "aba-made attorney" leave this thread..tackling dem is like using a drone to kill a mosquito..
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by csimms7: 3:24pm On Aug 27, 2014
rajrascal:

Csimms my boss..free EmmaBC,he will not reduce us to his level of reasoning..let him n his "aba-made attorney" leave this thread..tackling dem is like using a drone to kill a mosquito..

Lwkmd. Now u r talking. Lmao oooo!!!! My fellow u too much. I ain't going to respond to any of them again on this issue. Some people enjoy where there is rancour and I suspect that "aba-made attorney" is such a person. Coming here wanting to destabilise us. Bro we go receive text soon jor. Ph na my city. If you don't stay here, whenever you fall in, let me know bro. I go track u. Success to all other persons on here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (73) (Reply)

Newsflash: ASUU Strike Has Been Suspended! / IGNORE All 2023 WAEC, NECO, UTME Score Upgrade And Admission Assistance Threads / Babcock University Students' Sextape: Zlatan Ibile Reacts To Leaked Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 183
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.