Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:59 AM

Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 (171936 Views)

MTN Scholarship 2014 Shortlists / MTN Scholarship 2014 Thread / Esso Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2014/2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by rajrascal: 10:36pm On Jul 10, 2014
smo3:

U dey fear make scientist no remove your name, lmao...i can't help but laugh. It's well o.

smo3..person nor dey know finish oo..make i nor use my big mouth cast myself oo!
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jul 10, 2014
csimms7:

Yeah my brother. I go fund the rest myself. I have an offer also from Salford University for Advanced Control Systems but I prefer Newcastle University cos of their ranking, lol. Baba, God dey, Him go provide for me, lol. All I need na for NDDC to call or send me text say make I show. Once dem do that one, I don dey sure say na movement o. Lol. Oluwa dey! My class tally also ain't much. The reason why they don't admit much into masters programs abroad is because they will assign professors to each student as a mentor kind of stuff. No be 9ja naaaaa! Lol

in other words, the Nddc scholarship is similar to partial scholarship. from my understanding, one has to budget 7200 pounds (2million plus) for the visa package and accommodation before Nddc reimburses you there after.

are you from akwa ibom ??
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by csimms7: 12:06am On Jul 11, 2014
cabaye:

in other words, the Nddc scholarship is similar to partial scholarship. from my understanding, one has to budget 7200 pounds (2million plus) for the visa package and accommodation before Nddc reimburses you there after.

are you from akwa ibom ??

No bruv, I'm not from Akwa Ibom, if to say I fr there I for don go MD gate for village sit down since na. Press for come video me, I for tell them say Mbok Fogerrabout. Lol.
It depends on the school with respect to the scholarship, if I should choose Salford for my case, the money will cover the fees and I'd still have spare of 8k pounds or more left. So it actually depends. Past scholarships have been 30k USD and NDDC advises you apply to schools they've got partnerships with cos their fees are relatively cheaper and then it leaves you with enough for accommodation and upkeep but then most of those schools aren't even in top 50 plus other things dey to consider. On the other hand, if your fees is more expensive cos you chose a higher ranking school, you'd have to show proof of upkeep and accommodation for 9 months which is between 7-9k pounds that's if you've got the scholarship but if you are self financing you must show proof that you've paid fees or part of your fees and then the said amount. One more thing. Your statement of account which shows the sum must show that the said sum has been there for no less than 28 days. God help us all. Some people here dey say God save the queen. For me, May God save Pres Jonathan and NDDC cos na them wan give us scholarship! #nosentiments

1 Like

Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by auroraborealis: 12:05pm On Jul 11, 2014
DSSHQ: It is obvious that many people are very optimistic about their chances of getting the NDDC scholarship.I wish we all could get it but let us all face the truth about it.NDDC scholarship has got an history.Politics is usually embedded in the selection process.Only GOD can help one out because our politicians are very greedy.Even if they can comfortably afford it,they still include the names of their candidates to discredit the process.The director of educational services is usually helpless on this.So be optimistic that no one removes your name for a 'special' candidate. If you're so sure you will get the award,you can go on with your admission and visa processing.I'm hoping to make the final 200 like you all but I have alternative plans as well so that I don't get disappointed.

Sad but true. One guy on another thread termed it "political cleansing and manipulations". grin grin grin <Funny dude>

As for the British Universities, I guess I'll tell them to wait till next year. Something brighter is coming smiley

1 Like

Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by GlobalCareers: 1:39pm On Jul 11, 2014
Among the ten schs, two are well ranked: leeds and sheffield.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Dantidote: 1:42pm On Jul 11, 2014
GlobalCareers: Among the ten schs, two are well ranked: leeds and sheffield.

aberdeen too
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by GlobalCareers: 1:45pm On Jul 11, 2014
Yes, Aberdeen follows ...it also has d best location.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Frangbon: 7:45pm On Jul 11, 2014
My fellow Nairalanders and Prospective NDDC Scholars
The wait has been long

I hope we get some good news this coming week
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jul 11, 2014
csimms7:

No bruv, I'm not from Akwa Ibom, if to say I fr there I for don go MD gate for village sit down since na. Press for come video me, I for tell them say Mbok Fogerrabout. Lol.
It depends on the school with respect to the scholarship, if I should choose Salford for my case, the money will cover the fees and I'd still have spare of 8k pounds or more left. So it actually depends. Past scholarships have been 30k USD and NDDC advises you apply to schools they've got partnerships with cos their fees are relatively cheaper and then it leaves you with enough for accommodation and upkeep but then most of those schools aren't even in top 50 plus other things dey to consider. On the other hand, if your fees is more expensive cos you chose a higher ranking school, you'd have to show proof of upkeep and accommodation for 9 months which is between 7-9k pounds that's if you've got the scholarship but if you are self financing you must show proof that you've paid fees or part of your fees and then the said amount. One more thing. Your statement of account which shows the sum must show that the said sum has been there for no less than 28 days. God help us all. Some people here dey say God save the queen. For me, May God save Pres Jonathan and NDDC cos na them wan give us scholarship! #nosentiments

let's assume my scenario, my tuition fee is 12500 pounds and my other expenses 7200 pounds which is more than 30000 dollars Nddc offers. I have a mind set of studying in Portsmouth which is not amongst the Nddc listed schools which is a difference of 2000 pounds higher than the 30

1. do I forfeit my course in Portsmouth and be forced to accept what ever course the Nddc schools offer?
2. would i be allowed to self finance the remaining balance of 2000pounds??

my reason for asking this is that I know of 2 past scholars from a distance studying in Portsmouth and Aberdeen which is more than what Nddc offers.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by csimms7: 11:12pm On Jul 11, 2014
cabaye:

let's assume my scenario, my tuition fee is 12500 pounds and my other expenses 7200 pounds which is more than 30000 dollars Nddc offers. I have a mind set of studying in Portsmouth which is not amongst the Nddc listed schools which is a difference of 2000 pounds higher than the 30

1. do I forfeit my course in Portsmouth and be forced to accept what ever course the Nddc schools offer?
2. would i be allowed to self finance the remaining balance of 2000pounds??

my reason for asking this is that I know of 2 past scholars from a distance studying in Portsmouth and Aberdeen which is more than what Nddc offers.

Now I will give examples from some that went last year. If you get the scholarship, you'd generally be advised to apply to one of the schools nddc partners with but some people last year said they could sponsor the remaining and that they had made commitments to their schools by paying the initial acceptance deposit and/or accommodation deposit of which they were asked to show a proof of it, those who did were then asked to sign a result release form and were given their scholarship letters. So in your case, if you can come up with the remaining sum after getting the scholarship then you are covered but if you know you can't, I will advise you accept theirs, after all UK school na UK school. To be honest with you, if I don't get this NDDC stuff and I still want to go, I'd go to Salford but with the NDDC, I can go to my school of choice. I believe I'd get it though, #faith at work.

1 Like

Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Frangbon: 2:21am On Jul 12, 2014
What if one gets more than one scholarship?
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by csimms7: 12:13pm On Jul 12, 2014
Frangbon: What if one gets more than one scholarship?

I dunno what will happen with that, it depends. I've asked also but on the other hand, honestly and candidly between us both, if I were to have two scholarships and I saw there was a way I could cash in on them, inasmuch as I'd be tempted to, I wouldn't. The reason isn't because I'm a saint. It's because there's someone out there, like me too is praying for such an opportunity to advance themselves. The only thing I'd do is take the better one and refuse the other one. That's my own choice though.

5 Likes

Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Frangbon: 8:01pm On Jul 12, 2014
Who would it now got to?
The person out there won't get it anyway
If you were short listed as a successful candidate and you end up rejecting it an oga-at-the-top would find a way of keeping the proceeds

csimms7:

I dunno what will happen with that, it depends. I've asked also but on the other hand, honestly and candidly between us both, if I were to have two scholarships and I saw there was a way I could cash in on them, inasmuch as I'd be tempted to, I wouldn't. The reason isn't because I'm a saint. It's because there's someone out there, like me too is praying for such an opportunity to advance themselves. The only thing I'd do is take the better one and refuse the other one. That's my own choice though.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by csimms7: 11:29am On Jul 13, 2014
Frangbon: Who would it now got to?
The person out there won't get it anyway
If you were short listed as a successful candidate and you end up rejecting it an oga-at-the-top would find a way of keeping the proceeds

My question for you is this, would you rather have it on your conscience that your actions could have denied someone else the golden opportunity we all seek for? For me, e better say make the oga at the top do the dirt and be answerable to Oluwa himself than to bear it on my conscience. Secondly, what if the oga at the top decides to award it to someone else and doesn't play dirty? Remember there are two sides to a coin. Happy Sunday ya'll. another week of hope. Success to us all.

2 Likes

Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by auroraborealis: 12:16pm On Jul 13, 2014
csimms7:

My question for you is this, would you rather have it on your conscience that your actions could have denied someone else the golden opportunity we all seek for? For me, e better say make the oga at the top do the dirt and be answerable to Oluwa himself than to bear it on my conscience. Secondly, what if the oga at the top decides to award it to someone else and doesn't play dirty? Remember there are two sides to a coin. Happy Sunday ya'll. another week of hope. Success to us all.

You're so on point my friend. I wish many of us could think and act this way. Happy Sunday to you too.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by chivitech: 9:44pm On Jul 13, 2014
csimms7:

That is very true my friend. I know this is not NITDA scholarship thread. But I am quite fortunate to be among the successful NITDA shortlisted candidate. My question is this, do you know the exact amount NITDA offers? cos if it is higher than NDDC, I want to forget about NDDC and try to give others a chance while I pursue Oxford. thanks
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Nobody: 12:05am On Jul 14, 2014
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by smo3: 7:59am On Jul 14, 2014
cabaye: www.thisdaylive.com/articles/nddc-md-in-the-eye-of-the-storm/183487/

Hmmm! Just read this article, it's a serious one.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by rajrascal: 8:29am On Jul 14, 2014
PTDF releases Msc list,NDDC still pending.Check ptdf site if interested.It is well!!
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Nobody: 10:13am On Jul 14, 2014
rajrascal: PTDF releases Msc list,NDDC still pending.Check ptdf site if interested.It is well!!

are we waiting for a list or text message??
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by rajrascal: 10:27am On Jul 14, 2014
cabaye:

are we waiting for a list or text message??

Most likely text messages,or in some cases calls.But NDDC dont do no list bro..cheers!
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by kennyone: 10:45am On Jul 14, 2014
Forget about the oxford thing unless your tuition fee is not more than 20,000 pounds. That is the highest NITDA will pay for your tuition. And as regards the maintenance allowance, think NITDA has the best in the country so far. it is 10,200 pounds per year.
chivitech:

That is very true my friend. I know this is not NITDA scholarship thread. But I am quite fortunate to be among the successful NITDA shortlisted candidate. My question is this, do you know the exact amount NITDA offers? cos if it is higher than NDDC, I want to forget about NDDC and try to give others a chance while I pursue Oxford. thanks
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by csimms7: 11:02am On Jul 14, 2014
kennyone: Forget about the oxford thing unless your tuition fee is not more than 20,000 pounds. That is the highest NITDA will pay for your tuition. And as regards the maintenance allowance, think NITDA has the best in the country so far. it is 10,200 pounds per year.

Heartbreak. My name no dey the ptdf own and I no apply for NITDA. NDDC no dull me o. If not na protest tins. Lol.
For NDDC, it's either through phone calls or text messages that they will use to contact people.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by 4mula22(m): 1:02pm On Jul 14, 2014
Pls how do I check ptdf list?
Pls give me a link
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by rajrascal: 1:07pm On Jul 14, 2014
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 14, 2014
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by 4mula22(m): 1:41pm On Jul 14, 2014
Tnx boss...
Unfortunately I no follow.
God save the Queen!

SSGUniport:

@4mula22;

http://www.ptdf.gov.ng/index.php/34-
important-1/scholarships/224-2014-oss-msc-successful-candidates

Thank God For His Exceeding Grace.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by chivitech: 2:07pm On Jul 14, 2014
kennyone: Forget about the oxford thing unless your tuition fee is not more than 20,000 pounds. That is the highest NITDA will pay for your tuition. And as regards the maintenance allowance, think NITDA has the best in the country so far. it is 10,200 pounds per year.

Thanks. I think I can take care of the balance of my tuition. All I require is that NITDA pays the 20k
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Nobody: 12:21am On Jul 15, 2014
The NDDC Acting Director, Education, Health and Social
Services, Dr. Solomon Ita......

does this mean its no longer Christy atako ??
www.m.worldstagegroup.com/readnews.php?&id=16718&active=news
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by GlobalCareers: 12:24am On Jul 15, 2014
cabaye: The NDDC Acting Director, Education, Health and Social
Services, Dr. Solomon Ita......

does this mean its no longer Christy atako ??
www.m.worldstagegroup.com/readnews.php?&id=16718&active=news

Yeah. I learnt she's gone on terminal leave.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Nobody: 7:41am On Jul 15, 2014
GlobalCareers:

Yeah. I learnt she's gone on terminal leave.

my brother I heard a different thing but its not necessary to say such on this forum. all I would say is that the ogas at the top aren't stable this period that's why there are delays.

it doesn't make any sense for government officials to go on leave at this time of the year when we urgently need their services.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Nobody: 8:00am On Jul 15, 2014
csimms7:

Heartbreak. My name no dey the ptdf own and I no apply for NITDA. NDDC no dull me o. If not na protest tins. Lol.
For NDDC, it's either through phone calls or text messages that they will use to contact people.

fear not brother, you will find favour with Nddc . who knows may be Nddc are checking their list to see if any of their chosen scholars have gotten other scholarships.lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (73) (Reply)

Newsflash: ASUU Strike Has Been Suspended! / IGNORE All 2023 WAEC, NECO, UTME Score Upgrade And Admission Assistance Threads / Babcock University Students' Sextape: Zlatan Ibile Reacts To Leaked Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.