Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:50 AM

Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 - Education (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 (171928 Views)

MTN Scholarship 2014 Shortlists / MTN Scholarship 2014 Thread / Esso Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2014/2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by NigerDeltaguy: 9:05am On Oct 25, 2014
Hello fellow nairalanders,

Please I applied online for the 2014 NDDC pg scholarship. I read history @ UNILAG, and gained admission to study International Relations @ coventry Uni in the UK. Is there any chance I can be selected for the scholarship?

Second, I feel I should be awarded the scholarship based on other considerations apart from academic merit. Our family, Yellowe family from Bakana, Kalabari, Rivers State, has always contributed immensely towards true development of the region.

Our progenitor, Chief India John Yellowe (1810-1900) can be described as a Niger Delta warrior of old. During the dark days of inter-tribal rivalry, he sucessfully established the Yellowe family or IYALLA POLO war Canoe house into a formidible military unit. He co-founded Bakana with Chief Will Braide. But he also established factories and other houses on an island in the Sombreiro river in Rivers State called Yellow Island named after him.
His son, and my great grandfather, Chief Gabriel Amakiri Yellowe, (1865-1939) was the first native from our area who served in the British colonial army. He was the Interpreter for the signing of the Port Harcourt agreement of 1913, which was entered into between British colonial authorities and the natives, which were of Ikwerre and okrika stock. It is on the basis of this that the British started building the old port harcourt, known as "Town" and oither areas such as Diobu, and of course, the old port.

His son, my grandfather Chief Nelson Gabriel Yellowe (1900-1983) was a seasoned first republic politician of repute. He was a house of Rep member between 1954-1959. He and others like Anthony Enahoro championed the independence call in the house. He co formed the C.O.R movement in the house that agitated for the creation of Calabar, Ogoja and Rivers states to be carved out of the old Eastern region. He also met with Abubakar Tafawa balewa, PM of Nigeria and set the modalities. Place for the establishment of Niger Delta Development Board in 1961 (after the Henry Willink Comission report on the plights of minorities.

My father, mr Daobu Nelson Gabriel Yellowe, 1940-till date, is a retired foreign service officer. He has worked at various nigerian emabasies and high commissions abroad. He entered some problems in south africa over a report he wrote about Saro-wiwa, and how Abacha was a tyrant. He was wanted by the Abacha gov. And as a result did not return to Nigeria until after abacha's demise.

I have tget this scholarship as I feel I deserve it tooo.

1 Like

Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Esmer: 10:25am On Oct 25, 2014
NigerDeltaguy:

Please I applied online for the 2014 NDDC pg scholarship. I read history @ UNILAG, and gained admission to study International Relations @ coventry Uni in the UK. Is there any chance I can be selected for the scholarship?

Second, I feel I should be awarded the scholarship based on other considerations apart from academic merit. Our family, Yellowe family from Bakana, Kalabari, Rivers State, has always contributed immensely towards true development of the region.

Our progenitor, Chief India John Yellowe (1810-1900) can be described as a Niger Delta warrior of old. During the dark days of inter-tribal rivalry, he sucessfully established the Yellowe family or IYALLA POLO war Canoe house into a formidible military unit. He co-founded Bakana with Chief Will Braide. But he also established factories and other houses on an island in the Sombreiro river in Rivers State called Yellow Island named after him.
His son, and my great grandfather, Chief Gabriel Amakiri Yellowe, (1865-1939) was the first native from our area who served in the British colonial army. He was the Interpreter for the signing of the Port Harcourt agreement of 1913, which was entered into between British colonial authorities and the natives, which were of Ikwerre and okrika stock. It is on the basis of this that the British started building the old port harcourt, known as "Town" and oither areas such as Diobu, and of course, the old port.

His son, my grandfather Chief Nelson Gabriel Yellowe (1900-1983) was a seasoned first republic politician of repute. He was a house of Rep member between 1954-1959. He and others like Anthony Enahoro championed the independence call in the house. He co formed the C.O.R movement in the house that agitated for the creation of Calabar, Ogoja and Rivers states to be carved out of the old Eastern region. He also met with Abubakar Tafawa balewa, PM of Nigeria and set the modalities. Place for the establishment of Niger Delta Development Board in 1961 (after the Henry Willink Comission report on the plights of minorities.

My father, mr Daobu Nelson Gabriel Yellowe, 1940-till date, is a retired foreign service officer. He has worked at various nigerian emabasies and high commissions abroad. He entered some problems in south africa over a report he wrote about Saro-wiwa, and how Abacha was a tyrant. He was wanted by the Abacha gov. And as a result did not return to Nigeria until after abacha's demise.

which planet u drop from?

2 Likes

Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by DeKhase(m): 10:25am On Oct 25, 2014
Well u deserve it just as every other Niger Deltan

I have tget this scholarship as I feel I deserve it tooo.[/quote]
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by rabidvirus: 12:10pm On Oct 25, 2014
@NigerDeltaguy,u only mentioned dat u applied online.Did u write test?..how bout interview?

Truth is NDDC is very clear bout courses dat qualifies one to be eligible for sponsorship and sadly yours does not fall under that category.

Thanks for d history lesson bout your family lineage anyways.

2 Likes

Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by seselez: 1:25pm On Oct 25, 2014
rabidvirus:
@NigerDeltaguy,u only mentioned dat u applied online.Did u write test?..how bout interview?

Truth is NDDC is very clear bout courses dat qualifies one to be eligible for sponsorship and sadly yours does not fall under that category.

Thanks for d history lesson bout your family lineage anyways.

lol.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by seselez: 1:28pm On Oct 25, 2014
NigerDeltaguy:

hahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhaaaaaa. Now i believe that u really read history.

3 Likes

Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Bethiano(m): 4:13pm On Oct 25, 2014
This thread has lost its saltiness.

Mtchewwwww! I weep for our fatherland.

Hopelessness, cowardice and fear have taken charge.

Courage, brotherhood and wisdom has been chased away.

Its well !
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Benny247(m): 4:43pm On Oct 25, 2014
csimms7:
Benny I catch you peeping. Lwkmd.
Bros I dey jare....I just dey observe. I greet you all...specially those championing the social media crusade...Nice Oneee.
All I can say....IT IS WELL!!!
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by csimms7: 8:53am On Oct 26, 2014
@raj, baba I dey o, we still dey watch dey look developments, happy with the media line we've taken, big ups and kudos to everyone. Aluta Continua Victoria Acerta! Happy Sunday everyone and I wish you all God's grace.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by mountaintop21: 10:00am On Oct 26, 2014
Bethiano:
This thread has lost its saltiness.
Mtchewwwww! I weep for our fatherland.
Hopelessness, cowardice and fear have taken charge.
Courage, brotherhood and wisdom has been chased away.
Its well !
Lets talk, send me a blank email to johnjames@politician.com
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Nobody: 8:01am On Oct 27, 2014
Hmmmm! Nigeria. sad sad
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by callmeblessed: 11:52pm On Oct 27, 2014
Why this silence house? sad Any update?

People don silently collect letter waka?

Please don't give up until the battle is won. Keep the thread alive!
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by RudiPapi: 10:07am On Oct 28, 2014
[color=#990000][/color]Hi guys...I must commend you all on the incredible job you guys have been doing..This has been my only source of information..Thanks guys xx

2 Likes

Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by rabidvirus: 3:49pm On Oct 28, 2014
http://leadership.ng/news/388454/nddc-2014-post-graduate-scholarship-scheme-scam

kudos guys..we r doing well,big-ups to our social media crusaders..God will bless ur efforts.wow! its all over the net.

1 Like

Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by rabidvirus: 5:13pm On Oct 28, 2014
pls let's not just read and move on..pls let's drop our comments there in the leadership paper..let's encourage our people making d effort.

1 Like

Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Attorney1Lawz: 5:39pm On Oct 28, 2014
rajrascal:
Gdmorn house,all you need to do is type in "NDDC failed scholarship" and you see our campaign is gathering storm.Online media are republishing the article on Laila's blog.

We have another article in the The Nation newspaper.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/nddc-scholarship-whats-going-on/

dont underestimate the power of social media...pls share the link as usual.

Hi Scholars,

Its been some movement in the direction some of us have always advocated which is to share the state of happenings with the public. Kudos must go to everyone who has been doing re-tweets, sharing and making available this news on every media platform. At least its becoming visible that people would start to question those employed by the government to use our commonwealth for the benefit of all.
However, whilst these developments seem plausible. We as potential scholars need to add a bit of zeal which is inexpensive in this kind of exercise. A cursory look at most of the articles and letters published in the dailies and even the blogs shows little followership. I mean the article on the nation by a colleague had countable comments ,likewise that with leadership and the blogs done so far.
Numbers become of immense value in a drive for results as we left with little time in the year. In this regard I would like to kindly request that those of us who do exercise the belief in the strategy of public engagement and involving the media should help increase the tweets, comments and discuss about this NDDC issue.
Accordingly as we gain more grounds in this media engagement. lets not forget the radio programmes and TV call in programmes too. They are also good avenues for presenting our case out there.
We intellectuals, lets not talk the talk but walk the talk this time around. Comments are encouraged from everyone on these posts outlined below. Its more than an "I AM FOR or AM NOT INTERESTED" disposition. Lets take this discuss out there beyond the confines of Nairaland. And if you involved in any other initiative do intimate the house as we all have a common goal.

http://leadership.ng/news/388454/nddc-2014-post-graduate-scholarship-scheme-scam
http://thenationonlineng.net/new/nddc-scholarship-whats-going-on/
http://www.lailasblog.com/2014/10/nddcs-failed-foreign-scholarship.html
https://twitter.com/LailasBlog

Thanks all!!!
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Nobody: 6:07pm On Oct 28, 2014
scientist and mouxman ..how far brothers, any hope this month ?? I just watched channels news and I saw the barrister talking about staff training.hope the MD has has not forgotten about the list in his briefcase??
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by crazyinlove: 6:44pm On Oct 28, 2014
cabaye:
scientist and mouxman ..how far brothers, any hope this month ?? I just watched channels news and I saw the barrister talking about staff training.hope the MD has has not forgotten about the list in his briefcase??
lol
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by rajrascal: 8:28pm On Oct 28, 2014
Please house Attorney's post totally captures it all..lets all try and share these posts,and tweets not forgetting to drop comments.We all cant be out there,but just a few simple clicks and you would have helped us shout even louder and get the word out to more people.

We are constantly trying to push stuffs out there,please support this movement.

http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/news/160780/1/nddc-2014-post-graduate-scholarship-schemescam.html

http://studentafrica.com/news/education/item/22640-nigeria-is-nddc-2014-post-graduate-scholarship-scheme-scam?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by njoryor(m): 2:50pm On Oct 29, 2014
Its a move in the ryt direction. Weldone guys..The media publicity will keep them on the toes.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by gcey2k(m): 3:04pm On Oct 29, 2014
I just received an invitation from NDDC!!!! Details to follow...
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by EMMABC1(m): 4:05pm On Oct 29, 2014
gcey2k:
Invitation to what?
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by EMMABC1(m): 4:06pm On Oct 29, 2014
gcey2k:
Invitation to what?
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by gcey2k(m): 4:07pm On Oct 29, 2014
gcey2k:

I don't want to believe I am the only one who got a text message for briefing and orientation this afternoon. This silence is diabolical... I don't know if I should rejoice now or feel like I've been pranked! Guys please let this room come alive!!!
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by gcey2k(m): 4:08pm On Oct 29, 2014
EMMABC1:

Invitation to what? Or ebola fever do catch u?

Lol... but this isn't a joke...
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by gcey2k(m): 4:10pm On Oct 29, 2014
EMMABC1:

Invitation to what? Or ebola fever do catch u?

Lol... but I am not joking ...

Please someone can make calls and ask...
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by rabidvirus: 4:11pm On Oct 29, 2014
gcey2k:

I don't want to believe I am the only one who got a text message for briefing and orientation this afternoon. This silence is diabolical... I don't know if I should rejoice now or feel like I've been pranked! Guys please let this room come alive!!!

share the details of what u received,was it bulk sms..let the house help clear ur doubts.

At least we know u didn't set out to fool the house.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by EMMABC1(m): 4:11pm On Oct 29, 2014
gcey2k:

Lol... but this isn't a joke...

post d text here, let's see what it looks like.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by gcey2k(m): 4:17pm On Oct 29, 2014
rabidvirus:

share the details of what u received,was it bulk sms..let the house help clear ur doubts.

At least we know u didn't set out to fool the house.

It wasn't bulk sms... it was from a phone number, mtn precisely... I won't post the number here for privacy reasons... I called the number and the sender confirmed it and was surprised about my expression of doubt...
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by gcey2k(m): 4:19pm On Oct 29, 2014
EMMABC1:

post d text here, let's see what it looks like.

#MODIFIED
You are invited to attend briefing/orientation for the 2014 NDDC Post Graduate Foreign Scholarship on the 5th November, 2014..... #MODIFIED

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by EMMABC1(m): 4:23pm On Oct 29, 2014
gcey2k:

Lol... but I am not joking ...

Please someone can make calls and ask...
I'm sure u just did that re-awaken us. I can see cabaye and many others qeueing up just 2 get d good news that turned out to be a joke.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by rabidvirus: 4:23pm On Oct 29, 2014
dunno what to say..let's wait for more testimonies to confirm.over to in-house detectives,to prove if its genuine.

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (73) (Reply)

Newsflash: ASUU Strike Has Been Suspended! / IGNORE All 2023 WAEC, NECO, UTME Score Upgrade And Admission Assistance Threads / Babcock University Students' Sextape: Zlatan Ibile Reacts To Leaked Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.