Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:25 PM

Roomates - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Roomates (72006 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Roomates by ChikaSunday(m): 2:37pm On Aug 05, 2014
A good one.

barackodam: FTC I guess
Re: Roomates by missuniverse(f): 3:58am On Aug 06, 2014
cryy do i ve a bad feeling abt dis Mike guy
Re: Roomates by preetyjay(f): 10:02am On Aug 07, 2014
i hope ds femi guy is nt as bad as am already thinking
Re: Roomates by fluffyp: 9:30pm On Aug 07, 2014
Hummmmm waiting for more update
Re: Roomates by Aipete2(f): 8:12am On Aug 08, 2014
princesssusan:
Totally disagree wit u mike isnt a nyc person n mayb molest our dear cynti
No joor, lets wait n see
Re: Roomates by princesssusan(f): 1:15pm On Aug 08, 2014
Aipete2: No joor, lets wait n see
Abi
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 8:03pm On Aug 09, 2014
omoshelwa.....waiting on u
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 10:43pm On Aug 09, 2014
Tara Carlos.

I am staying here at Leo's place for the three weeks break. Aunty Jane went back home earlier this week and I have no idea the kinds of news she must have fed my parents with about me. I ain't got no time for any of that. I would rather stay here and if they call, I would hang on the excuse of the break being too short for me to waste my transport fare back home and also come back to school after three weeks of being a burden to them. I would also add that a friend invited me to stay over so they shouldn't worry about my feeding and shelter. I geuss that should be convincing enough.

Although Bro Ify is trying his possible best to ensure that he provides help in supporting the family but he hasn't got a good Job. His job as a clerk in one of the short scale businesses in Enugu is providing insignificant changes for us. If Mama hadn't been a senior nurse in the State's General hospital, I wonder where I would be right now. Probably hawking groundnuts on the streets of Enugu. Papa's condition as a retired postman makes Mama the bread winner of the family. Papa's pension has assumed an epileptic state a few years after his retirement so, we live on Mama's income and bro Ify's peanuts-like salary.

I'm trying to adjust to the conditions here at Leo's but I can't help admitting that Leo's place is hell on Earth. I sometimes thought I will blow up under the pressure of being around Leo's friend who are just the legal candidate the Nigeria Hoodlums Society would welcome with open arms. The worst part of their irritating behaviours is the part when they come knocking at midnight. No time is late for a visit or to go out for a party. It has become a custom for Leo and his friends to go for a parties at 1:00am every saturday and sometimes some come for a chat, drink (which is mainly alcohol) or to gamble as late in the night as 2:00am. Who wouldn't be angry at being deprived of a wonderful slumber?

I think I must have been reported to Leo by his friends that I act snubbish and also get angry at any slight thing that displeases me because he always repeat the same statement whenever his friends came.
"I don't want you displeasing my guys. If you know you can't stay with us here, you can go outside and keep yourself busy with anything but just make sure you don't utter anything insulting at them. They are people you could chat and converse with but I really don't know your problem. You just dislike them." I feel like telling him that I didn't dislike them, I HATE them with passion and I would show it with my actions if that would make them change their mind about frequent visits but I always kept mute because I knew my reply may aggravate his temper and nobody would like to see the other side of Leo. So, I know when and How to keep shut so as not to keep him in his evil temper.

It was a big suprise when I was awakened earlier this noon by a knock on the door and met Aunty Jane standing at the door step with my Brother, Ifeanyi. Leo wasn't home and I was taking a nap since Leo's friend now deprive me of my sleep at nights. It was a shock because I wasn't expecting Bro Ify at all. I was even more suprised because I had no idea how they got my address. I didn't invite them in but instead, I locked the door and join them outside.
"What are you doing here?" I asked. The question was directed to them both but it was laced with fear and anger mixed together. This is just the 2nd day break starts I wasn't expecting any of my relative here. I don't want Leo to meet with Bro Ify so I took them to the back of Leo's neigbour's house.
"Why are you here?" I asked again
"Don't look at me like I killed your first born. Your brother insisted I take him to where you are staying when I told your parents you probably won't be comming home. I had no choice, so here we are" Aunty Jane replied
"Yes. Mama and Papa are worried about you." Bro Ify said looking really concerned.
"It is a long story brother but I won't be going home for this break"
"Why? And where is this place you are staying?"
"Look, brother the break is too short. It is just three weeks and comming home will be like a waste of transport fare and also I will be a burden to them. I'm okay here and I'm doing just fine" That was my exact planned answer. "This is my friend's place and she is feeding me. So just tell Mama and Papa that I am doing fine. I have told her I'll stay here with her since her parents aren't living in Ilorin." The last part wasn't planned and I could see Aunty Jane's surprised look but I simply ignored it. I was waiting for the part where Bro Ify will say.
"Okay I agree, you can stay." and that was what he said.
"Thanks" I said beaming a genuine smile at him.

I saw them both off and came back to the room feeling relieved but was welcomed by the stern looking face of Leo at the door way. His eye balls were peering at me suspiciously.
"Who were those people?"... It was then I remembered that I never told him anything about my family...
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 11:26pm On Aug 09, 2014
Now we get to sympathise with Tara!
Re: Roomates by Adesylvia(f): 4:14pm On Aug 10, 2014
Tanx 4 d update atlast.pls give us days dat we shud be expecting updates
Re: Roomates by princesssusan(f): 11:51am On Aug 11, 2014
Adesylvia: Tanx 4 d update atlast.pls give us days dat we shud be expecting updates
Supported!
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 8:15pm On Aug 11, 2014
Repteam: What attracted me to reading this story in the first place is the name. Its a very cool name. Btw omoshelwa I'm patiently waiting for updates. Don't let me come there and steal it to read, since fantasywrita and some few people think the character Tara fits me sad

They were only kidding dear. Tara character fits nobody on the thread. (I geusssss)
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 8:17pm On Aug 11, 2014
princesssusan:
Supported!

actually, I post when I'm less busy so I can't give exact days. But will still try and speed the update up dears @ adesylvia and princesssusan
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 8:23pm On Aug 11, 2014
IdeaCashKid: Omoshelwa you are good, keep it up. kiss

you shouldn't av added "that" wink. I think I just flushed cos of it. Thanks bro. I remain loyal to y'all
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 8:25pm On Aug 11, 2014
horlorbah: Wont u update again ? Aggghhhhh!!!!Oga oooooo!!!!

Abi o. No mind me jare buh my brother, na condition make crayfish bend.
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 8:29pm On Aug 11, 2014
chyviv: Pls update na

It's isn't like I forgot you guys. Since you guys didn't forget me, why would I? You are all loved and cherished here, it's just that I'm damn busy over here. Accept ma apologies mon cheres
Re: Roomates by princesssusan(f): 8:30pm On Aug 11, 2014
omoshelwa:

actually, I post when I'm less busy so I can't give exact days. But will still try and speed the update up dears @ adesylvia and princesssusan
Pls kindly do so because d stori iz loozn it taste gradually n am in luv wit ur stori can‘t afford 2 looz it o abeg nah beg i dey beg u
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 8:35pm On Aug 11, 2014
Fantasywrita: Now we get to sympathise with Tara!

like seriously?
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 9:08pm On Aug 11, 2014
omoshelwa:

like seriously?

Yeah. U gave us detailed info abt her poor fam. Anyone can sympathies with that....but I know that sympathy will be short lived.
R u literate in French chères?

1 Like

Re: Roomates by Nobody: 10:10pm On Aug 11, 2014
Ayodele Jolade Kehinde

I wouldn't say the break is exceptionally great or otherwise. Everything around here is just normal. But if I have to be sincere with myself, I really want to be back in school enjoying the blissful company of my roomates. I think that is why the break seems less appealing to me.

Taiwo has turned himself into a Bovi, Basketmouth and even A.Y character in the house. He tries making home lively but his ways of doing it just compound and worsen the boring state cos he ended up not being able to make me laugh or giggle anymore with the funny things he does.
Taiwo tried playing pranks on me twice but it had ended tregedically for him. I mean like Tragi-comedy.

The first prank he tried playing was when he offered me a cup of tea which was covered even though I didn't even ask for it. I was busy with my laptop then so I told him to drop it on the stool beside me which he did without arguing.
Very odd isn't it?
I was surprised at his kindness but he kept a straight and expressionless face. I knew he was planning something but I didn't just know what it was. This isn't Taiwo's first time of trying to prank me but he has always ended up being the victim of his own pranks and whenever that happens, he usually swore he would win one day.
I'm still waiting patiently for that day though.
I had made up mind that I won't take the tea but instead of leaving, Taiwo sat on the couch beside me confirming my suspiction and munched noisily at a peppery cookie pack. His favourite.
I ignored him and his noise making and tried focusing on my laptop. For about some minutes, I didn't hear any sound from Taiwo again. I stole a glance at him and his eye was full of tears propping endlessly, the cookie must have choked him and he was grasping for air, slapping his chest and his head simultaneously and also couching. I knew he wasn't making this up, he was really a pitiful sight. I was so worried that I handed him the cup of tea that he initially gave me. The cup was lighter than I expected it to be. It felt as if it contained nothing. He took the cup in a hurry and opened it revealing a large breed of bee which flew randomly around the room circling Taiwo's head. It seemed interested in Taiwo because despite the laters effort in waving it away,it continued following him around. Taiwo broke into a run when the bee refused to stop following him but it followed him around like karma.
Taiwo came back to the room with two heavily swollen cheeks. He was a funny sight.

The second event was when he planted banana peels at the entrance of the kitchen and tried to lure me in. I don't know what happened but in a hurry to fetch his burning meal on the cooker he ended up like a heap on the floor as a result of the planted banana peels.
Taiwo has his whole arm cemented with POP now.

There is this particular guy that had been on my neck like my atlas and axis. We met the day I was going home for break in a shopping mall at Fate. I wanted to buy something for dad and our workers. I was admiring a particular leather bag which I had promised my personal maid when I felt a soft, gentle and silky touch on my shoulder.
I turned back to stare at the exra ordinarily handsome guy gracefully dressed in a black suit.
"Hi" He greeted. I replied him in between gritted teeth "Hello"
"For goodness's sake Jola, I had been calling your name but you seemed to be really engrossed at admiring that bag."
"Do I know you sir?" I said boring my gaze into his face.
"Like seriously? you don't know me?"
"Bro Paul. I never had an idea it was you" he was my best friend's (Rhoda's) brother back in high school. He was 5 years older than I was and had been like our school father then (Rhoda and I). Their rich family (The James) relocated to Lagos when I was in my 3rd year in the secondary school and we hadn't heard from them since then. I know Paul must have secured a good job which musn't be difficult for his rich personality
"Is it that easy to forget someone? I can never forget what you looked like even though you were only little then" He said framing a hurt expression
"I'm sorry but you guys went out of town. Couldn't get in touch with any of you guys"
"yeah but I'm back now. I'm settling down Ilorin"
"That's nice. What about Rhoda"
"She is still in Lag"

We chatted for a while then we went to the account. He paid for the bag I bought despite my pleas but he suceeded in paying for it. He vouched to drive me home but I declined vehemently. When he saw I wasn't going to give in, he saw me off and paid for my cab fare.

I got home feeling relieved of the grip his presence had on me. I undressed and changed into a bum short and a cotton blouse and sat in the living room watching my favourite programme on T.V. It wasn't long that I heard the door bell ring. I went there thinking it was Taiwo but standing there was not Taiwo but Paul.
"I followed the cab you boarded...." He said smiling down at my stunned face.
Re: Roomates by zainharb: 10:35pm On Aug 11, 2014
Bum short. Owk o. Bro Paul go see all d assets
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 1:32am On Aug 12, 2014
omoshelwa:

They were only kidding dear. Tara character fits nobody on the thread. (I geusssss)

oh yes I know they were smiley .Haven't been online for days cos of exams. I'm thru now and I'm going to lavish 'roommates' smiley. I hope that came out right.
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 1:34am On Aug 12, 2014
Fantasywrita:

Yeah. U gave us detailed info abt her poor fam. Anyone can sympathies with that....but I know that sympathy will be short lived.

wink tongue
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 8:29am On Aug 12, 2014
Fantasywrita:

Oui, je parle francais un peu mon frere, et vous?
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 8:39am On Aug 12, 2014
Repteam:

oh yes I know they were smiley .Haven't been online for days cos of exams. I'm thru now and I'm going to lavish 'roommates' smiley. I hope that came out right.

welcome back Sister. I'm also preparing for an exam, that's why the updates hadn't been prompt.
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 8:44am On Aug 12, 2014
Repteam:

welcome back Sister. I'm also preparing for an exam, that's why the updates hadn't been prompt.
Re: Roomates by emmabest2000(m): 10:00am On Aug 12, 2014
zainharb: Bum short. Owk o. Bro Paul go see all d assets
All the assets indeed shocked
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 10:20am On Aug 12, 2014
Repteam:

wink tongue

Haha..why r u making faces?
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 10:21am On Aug 12, 2014
omoshelwa:

Oui, je parle francais un peu mon frere, et vous?

Oui. un peu. That's cool, where did u learn it from?
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 3:29pm On Aug 13, 2014
omoshelwa:

OK. wish u success.

1 Like

Re: Roomates by Nobody: 3:29pm On Aug 13, 2014
Fantasywrita:

Haha..why r u making faces?

Nothing. r u on bbm?
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 5:36pm On Aug 13, 2014
Fantasywrita:

Oui. un peu. That's cool, where did u learn it from?

back in junior sec sch den, you?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Adventure With The Slay Queen's / The Abandoned Child / Mended Hearts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.