Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,611 members, 7,823,663 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing (158018 Views)

Hardwood For House Roofing 2x2, 2x3, 2x4, 2x6, 1x12, 3x4 call 08182481552 / How To Calculate Materials For Concrete In Raft Foundation / How To Calculate The Price of a C of O and Governor's Consent In Lagos Yourself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing by Nobody: 3:55pm On Aug 13, 2014
Re: How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing by Nobody: 12:42pm On Aug 14, 2014
sa
Re: How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing by Nobody: 2:55am On Aug 15, 2014
HsLBroker: ikorodu roofing
Re: How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing by Nobody: 2:56am On Aug 15, 2014
HsLBroker: sa
Re: How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing by Nobody: 3:05am On Aug 15, 2014
HsLBroker: when buying hardwood for roofing, consider Akun, Itara, Ogborugboru, Koko Igbo, Ayin, they are good wood that stand the test of time
Re: How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing by Nobody: 4:29pm On Aug 15, 2014
Re: How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing by Nobody: 12:11pm On Aug 16, 2014
Re: How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing by Nobody: 2:06pm On Aug 16, 2014
Re: How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing by Nobody: 7:49pm On Aug 16, 2014
HsLBroker: sa
Re: How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing by Nobody: 10:14pm On Aug 16, 2014
HsLBroker: A home is gotten when you look for comfort based on your fantasy, but a shelter is a necessity, and a building becomes a shelter when it can prevent rain,water,sun, strong wind and other climatic elements from affecting the occupants- human,animal, living and dead loads with personal effects.

As far as I am concerned the moment you have your roof placed on a building, other things are important but they are basically needs. You can’t move into a house without a roof , but we have seen people living in a house with no window or makeshifts windows covered with ordinary bags and cardboards.

So it is very important to calculate the dimension of the true length of a roof members. These dimensions are essential to determine the accurate span of Rafter, Wall plate, Tie beam, King Post, Overhang, Purlins, fan struts etc.

Residential timber-framing construction clearly differentiate between spacing and span Spacing the centre-to-centre distance between structural members, unless otherwise indicated.

Span the face-to-face distance between points capable of giving full support to structural members or assemblies. In particular, rafter spans are measured as the distance between points of support along the length of the rafter and not as the horizontal projection of this distance.

Single span the span of a member supported at or near both ends with no intermediate supports.

Continuous span the term applied to members supported at or near both ends and at one or more intermediate points such that no span is greater than twice another.

Span/length calculation for roof members.

As can be seen the span of the rafter in the figure below is not quite in agreement with the Code but we will use the figures for the rafter span as calculated below.

Wood/ timber are sawn into various sizes amongst are

2” by 2” i.e 50mm by 50mm

2” by 3” i.e 50mm by 75mm

2” by 4” i.e 50mm by 100mm

2” by 6” i.e 50mm by 150mm

3” by 4” i.e 75mm by 100mm

3” by 6” i.e 75mm by 150mm

1 Like

Re: How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing by Nobody: 8:56am On Aug 17, 2014
for your hardwood for roofing, Such as Akun, Itara, Ayin, Afara, Ara, Bamboo, Koko Igbo, Ayunre, Orin Dudu, Ire, Iroko Igbo Hardwood please call Adeniyi for your 2x2x12, 2x3x12, 2x4x12, 2x6x12, 3x4x12, 1x10x12
my numbers is 08182481552
Re: How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing by Nobody: 9:55am On Aug 18, 2014
[quote author=HsLBroker][/quote]
Re: How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing by Nobody: 11:27am On Aug 20, 2014
send your roof plan for estimation
Re: How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing by Nobody: 8:17am On Aug 21, 2014
Onisuru1: hello

good evening, can you help with the quote for roofing a building with the of 10750mm by 28000mm. using nigerite absetors and pvc celling.

regards
sorry for late respond, just got this information, if you haven't gotten the quotation, i will help you with it today, but there are important questions i need to ask and you need to answer, it will enable me give you the right quotation, first, are you using stepped tiles or long span or stone coated roof covering

Secondly, is your house with parapet? if not, then you must use facial board.

Thirdly, what type of design do you want for your roof, if your house doesn't have a roof plan.

1 Like

Re: How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing by Nobody: 3:09am On Aug 22, 2014
send your roof plan and dimemsion for hardwood or timber trusses quotation for your house or project

regards
Re: How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing by Nobody: 8:03am On Aug 23, 2014
still available
Re: How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing by Nobody: 8:43am On Aug 24, 2014
Re: How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing by Nobody: 3:36pm On Aug 24, 2014
HsLBroker: ..
Re: How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing by Nobody: 8:32pm On Aug 24, 2014
[quote author=HsLBroker][/quote]
Re: How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing by Nobody: 12:06pm On Aug 25, 2014
More pics coming
Re: How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing by Nobody: 4:56pm On Aug 26, 2014
HsLBroker: More pics coming

Re: How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing by Nobody: 10:17pm On Aug 26, 2014
still coming

Re: How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing by mufutau55(m): 10:46pm On Aug 26, 2014
That roof is nicely done. Is that you in the photos?

Hajji Mufutau

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing by Nobody: 6:01am On Aug 27, 2014
mufutau55: That roof is nicely done. Is that you in the photos?

Hajji Mufutau
yes hajji
Re: How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing by Nobody: 6:02am On Aug 27, 2014
this roof belong to a nairalander
Re: How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing by Nobody: 6:07am On Aug 27, 2014
check through the edges of the facial boards, you see no trace of gap, and you can also see the hands of my capenters are very straight

Re: How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing by Nobody: 6:11am On Aug 27, 2014
analysing the edges of the facial boards

1 Like

Re: How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing by mufutau55(m): 12:52pm On Aug 27, 2014
HsLBroker: yes hajji

Good. Young, energetic and motivated.... just keep doing the good work.

Hajji M.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (35) (Reply)

New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) / Mansions In Nigeria (pics) - You Can Post More Pictures / Okwudili Umenyiora Owns One Of The Most Luxurious Houses In Nigeria

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.