Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing - Properties (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing (158047 Views)

Hardwood For House Roofing 2x2, 2x3, 2x4, 2x6, 1x12, 3x4 call 08182481552 / How To Calculate Materials For Concrete In Raft Foundation / How To Calculate The Price of a C of O and Governor's Consent In Lagos Yourself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing by Nobody: 8:47pm On Nov 23, 2014
Completed

Re: How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing by Nobody: 8:52pm On Nov 23, 2014
my guys working on the balcony block settings of the house

Re: How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing by Nobody: 7:38am On Nov 24, 2014
Re: How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing by Nobody: 12:46pm On Nov 27, 2014
Re: How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing by Nobody: 4:08pm On Nov 27, 2014
this is the best time complete your project
Re: How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing by Nobody: 6:55pm On Nov 27, 2014
get the service from us
Re: How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing by Nobody: 9:52am On Nov 28, 2014
Re: How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing by Nobody: 3:00pm On Nov 28, 2014
Re: How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing by Nobody: 8:41am On Nov 29, 2014
Re: How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing by Nobody: 11:41am On Dec 09, 2014
Re: How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing by Nobody: 8:52pm On Dec 12, 2014
Re: How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing by Nobody: 6:10pm On Dec 21, 2014

Re: How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing by Nobody: 8:07am On May 14, 2015
HsLBroker:
What is a Purlin in Timber Trusses Roofing Members.

A horizontal structural member which supports roof covering or a longitudinal member in a roof frame, usu. for supporting rafters or the like between the plate and the ridge.

In architecture, structural engineering or building, a purlin (or historically purline, purloyne, purling, perling) is any longitudinal, horizontal, structural member in a roof except a type of framing with what is called a crown plate. In traditional Timber framing there are three basic types of purlin: purlin plate, principal purlin and common purlin.

Purlin plates in wooden construction
A purlin plate in wooden construction is also called an "arcade plate" in European English, "under purlin", and "principal purlin". The term plate means a major, horizontal, supporting timber. Purlin plates are beams which support the mid-span of rafters and are supported by posts. By supporting the rafters they allow longer spans than the rafters alone could span thus allowing a wider building.

Principal purlins in wood construction
Principal purlins in wood construction, also called "major purlin", "side purlin". Principal purlins are supported by principal rafters and support common rafters in what is known as a "double roof" (a roof framed with a layer of principal rafters and a layer of common rafters). Principal purlins are further classified by how they connect to the principal rafters: "Through purlins" pass over the top; "butt purlins" tenon into the sides of the principal rafters; "clasped purlins," of which only one historic U.S. example is known, are captured by a collar beam. Through purlins are further categorized as trenched, back, or clasped; butt purlins are classified as threaded, tenoned, and/or[clarification needed] staggered.

Common purlins in wood construction
Common purlins in wood construction, also called a "major-rafter minor-purlin system". Common purlins are typically "trenched through" the top sides (backs) of principal rafters and carry vertical roof sheathing (The key to identifying this type of roof system).

Re: How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing by Nobody: 8:22pm On May 23, 2015
Re: How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing by Nobody: 3:22pm On May 25, 2015
HsLBroker:
this is the best time complete your project
rain is here
Re: How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing by Nobody: 4:29pm On May 28, 2015
HsLBroker:
What is a Purlin in Timber Trusses Roofing Members.

A horizontal structural member which supports roof covering or a longitudinal member in a roof frame, usu. for supporting rafters or the like between the plate and the ridge.

In architecture, structural engineering or building, a purlin (or historically purline, purloyne, purling, perling) is any longitudinal, horizontal, structural member in a roof except a type of framing with what is called a crown plate. In traditional Timber framing there are three basic types of purlin: purlin plate, principal purlin and common purlin.

Purlin plates in wooden construction
A purlin plate in wooden construction is also called an "arcade plate" in European English, "under purlin", and "principal purlin". The term plate means a major, horizontal, supporting timber. Purlin plates are beams which support the mid-span of rafters and are supported by posts. By supporting the rafters they allow longer spans than the rafters alone could span thus allowing a wider building.

Principal purlins in wood construction
Principal purlins in wood construction, also called "major purlin", "side purlin". Principal purlins are supported by principal rafters and support common rafters in what is known as a "double roof" (a roof framed with a layer of principal rafters and a layer of common rafters). Principal purlins are further classified by how they connect to the principal rafters: "Through purlins" pass over the top; "butt purlins" tenon into the sides of the principal rafters; "clasped purlins," of which only one historic U.S. example is known, are captured by a collar beam. Through purlins are further categorized as trenched, back, or clasped; butt purlins are classified as threaded, tenoned, and/or[clarification needed] staggered.

Common purlins in wood construction
Common purlins in wood construction, also called a "major-rafter minor-purlin system". Common purlins are typically "trenched through" the top sides (backs) of principal rafters and carry vertical roof sheathing (The key to identifying this type of roof system).

Re: How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing by Nobody: 6:27am On May 29, 2015
Re: How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing by Nobody: 5:56pm On May 30, 2015
Re: How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing by SYLVA247(m): 9:46pm On Jun 16, 2015
I love this thread. I hope I'm going to get the right answer here.
My 15 bedroom self con is completed and I need estimate for woods
to roof it including woods for the ceiling. I am going for PVC.

The last time I visited, here is the structure in the pics;

Please can someone help me out with the roofing estimate?

Below is what a Carpenter gave but to me it seems outrageous;

3x3 x12ft = 47 pcs
2x4 x18ft = 110 pcs
2x4 x12ft = 264 pcs
2x2 x12ft hard = 300 pcs
1x9 x12ft = 36 pcs
Nogging (I believe it's 2x2 for ceiling) = 435 pcs
PVC = 32 Bundles
Loar Angle (yet to know what it is..) = 80 pcs
4" nail = 2 bags
32 nail= 1 and 1/2 bags

Can any one here give me another estimate because I don't know whether
I am building a Cathedral here. I might decide to give it out lol!

Re: How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jun 16, 2015
SYLVA247:

3x3 x12ft = 47 pcs
2x4 x18ft = 110 pcs
2x4 x12ft = 264 pcs
2x2 x12ft hard = 300 pcs
1x9 x12ft = 36 pcs
PVC = 32 Bundles
4" nail = 2 bags
32 nail= 1 and 1/2 bags

I will get back to you tomorrow sir
Re: How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing by SYLVA247(m): 7:30am On Jul 08, 2015
HsLBroker:
I will get back to you tomorrow sir

I am still waiting for your feed back.
Re: How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing by Nobody: 8:04am On Jul 08, 2015
SYLVA247:

i'm so sorry i was just very busy, i have the time now, what is the height you are proposing for this roof, what type of roofing sheets do you want to use
Re: How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing by Nobody: 10:24am On Jul 08, 2015
SYLVA247:

i'm so sorry sir, i have been very busy, but i'm free today, i will critically look at it and get back to you, thanks.
Re: How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jul 08, 2015
SYLVA247:

3x3 x12ft = 47 pcs
2x4 x18ft = 110 pcs
2x4 x12ft = 264 pcs
2x2 x12ft hard = 300 pcs
1x9 x12ft = 36 pcs
PVC = 32 Bundles
4" nail = 2 bags
32 nail= 1 and 1/2 bags

3x4x12ft = 38 pcs x N800 = N30, 400
2x4x12 ft = 380 pcs x N500 = N190, 000
2x2x12ft = 300 pcs x N300 = N90, 000
1x10 x12ft(Nogging = 34 pcs) x N1, 700 = N57, 800
2 x 2 x 12 = 400 pcs x N300 = N120, 000
4" nail = 2 bags @ N5, 000 x 2 = N10,, 000
3" nail= 2 bags @ N5, 000 x 2 = N10, 000

Carpentry workmanship = N220, 000

Total is N728, 200

This is what is obtained for us in Life Light Properties for this project aside from the pvc installation

regards
Rabiu Mabadeje Adeniyi
MD/ CEO
LLP
Re: How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jul 08, 2015
new project at kemta abeokuta, ogun state more pics coming soon

Re: How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jul 08, 2015

Re: How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jul 08, 2015
funbi fagun, ondo west gra estate, ondo state current project
Re: How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jul 08, 2015
amagba, ugbor, benin city near idahosa house, edo state current project
Re: How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jul 08, 2015
owerri shingle covering project

Re: How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jul 08, 2015
fiditi, ilora current project

Re: How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing by Nobody: 7:59am On Jul 09, 2015
For your roofing, hardwood supplies, plumbing, electrical pipping, wiring and fitting, archtectural designs, call 08088574969, 08182481552

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (35) (Reply)

New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) / Mansions In Nigeria (pics) - You Can Post More Pictures / Okwudili Umenyiora Owns One Of The Most Luxurious Houses In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.