Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! - Sports (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (156181 Views)

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! / African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / President Jonathan Congratulates The Golden Eaglets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (64) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 10:20am On May 27, 2015
[b][size=14pt]EXCL: Agents demand 4m pounds for Eaglets star Nwakali[/size]

Agents have asked Manchester City to fork out a staggering four million pounds for Nigeria U17 skipper Kelechi Nwakali, AfricanFootball.com has exclusively gathered.

Highly-rated Nwakali recently trained with City in England with a view to giving him a pre-contract agreement as first reported by AfricanFootball.com

However, we can specially report today that what stalled the transfer of the Eaglets star to Ettihad was the staggering sum of four million pounds the agents working for the youngster tabled before City.

“The agents of Kelechi want four million pounds for the player. That was the main reason talks have stalled,” a top official told AfricanFootball.com on Monday.

Kelechi’s older brother and Flying Eagles ace Chidiebere is believed to have cost Manchester City over a million pounds.

City now plan to watch the player, who was Nigeria’s star at the recent CAF U17 Championship in Niger, at the U17 World Cup in Chile in October before they would take a final decision on him.

The Eaglets Class of 2015 is built around the younger Nwakali, who besides being a midfielder who takes charge of the midfield also weighs in with his fair share of goals.

He netted three goals at the CAF Championship in Niger. [/b]
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:58am On May 27, 2015
joseph1013:
[b][size=14pt]EXCL: Agents demand 4m pounds for Eaglets star Nwakali[/size]

Agents have asked Manchester City to fork out a staggering four million pounds for Nigeria U17 skipper Kelechi Nwakali, AfricanFootball.com has exclusively gathered.

Highly-rated Nwakali recently trained with City in England with a view to giving him a pre-contract agreement as first reported by AfricanFootball.com

However, we can specially report today that what stalled the transfer of the Eaglets star to Ettihad was the staggering sum of four million pounds the agents working for the youngster tabled before City.

“The agents of Kelechi want four million pounds for the player. That was the main reason talks have stalled,” a top official told AfricanFootball.com on Monday.

Kelechi’s older brother and Flying Eagles ace Chidiebere is believed to have cost Manchester City over a million pounds.

City now plan to watch the player, who was Nigeria’s star at the recent CAF U17 Championship in Niger, at the U17 World Cup in Chile in October before they would take a final decision on him.

The Eaglets Class of 2015 is built around the younger Nwakali, who besides being a midfielder who takes charge of the midfield also weighs in with his fair share of goals.

He netted three goals at the CAF Championship in Niger. [/b]
Make hungry agent no come spoil player carrier ooo, especially those who at the moment seem very promising.

3 Likes

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 12:35pm On May 27, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Amuneke returns, charges Eaglets[/size]

Emmanuel Amuneke, Golden Eaglets' Head Coach, has for the umpteenth time enjoined his wards to redouble their efforts as preparation towards 2015 FIFA World Cup gets underway.

Amuneke, who joined the team at the weekend from his base in Spain, said the challenge ahead of the team is enormous, insisting the players must either shape in or shape out. He advised older players to show sense of responsibility so that the newly invited ones can follow suit.

The Golden Eaglets secured a ticket for the 2015 World Cup after placing fourth at the CAN U-17 Championship in Niger in February and Amuneke has categorically told the players there won't be margin for errors in Chile.

"What happened in Niger is now in the past but we can do much better in Chile if we are ready to work harder and be responsible in our conduct," began the former African Footballer of the Year."We have the opportunity to show what we can do and I want to advise the older
players to lead the way for others to follow."

The team currently trains twice daily at the NFF/FIFA Goal Project pitch in Abuja and Amuneke informed players would only be guaranteed a place only on merit.

Meanwhile, Akpan Udoh, Golden Eaglets' first choice at the last CAN U-17 Championship in Niger, has donated two pairs of his jerseys to his colleagues. Goalkeeper Abdullahi and Chisom Chiaha missed out of the Niger 2015 squad but were rewarded by Akpan upon resumption in the camp at the weekend. He said his gesture was to buoy up team spirit and encourage his goalkeeping colleagues.

Udoh Eaglets

Team coordinator, Prince Udofia has in the meantime lauded the lad's exemplary conduct, saying Akpan who recently wrote his Senior School Certificate (WAEC) examinations , deserves a pat on the back. “Personally, I'm impressed with what Akpan has done and this has shown that he is a boy with a good heart," said Udofia.[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 5:14pm On May 29, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Manchester City Target Chidera Ejike Could Begin Training With Nigeria U17s In July[/size]

Manchester City Target Chidera Ejike Could Begin Training With Nigeria U17s In July
According to information gathered by allnigeriasoccer.com’s editorial staff, Manchester City target Chidera Ejike could begin training with Nigeria’s Under 17 National Team in the coming months.

The 16 - year - old comes from the stable of nursery team Gee-Lec Football Academy Jos, and has been hailed as the new Iniesta by his minders.

It is understood that the offensive player has been recommended to the Golden Eaglets selectors, and the exciting teenager is set to begin trials with the current world champions as from July.

Man City have sounded out Gee-Lec Football Academy Jos as regards to offering Chidera Ejike a deal when he attains the age of majority after missing out on the signature of Tottenham Hotspur trainee Musa Yahaya.

The highly - rated starlet is represented by influential Jos - based agent Babawo Mohammed.[/b]

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 5:24pm On May 29, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Golden Eaglets pip Amakson Academy 2-1[/size]

Nigeria's Under-17 team, Golden Eaglets on Wednesday grabbed a 2-1 win over Abuja-based side, Amakson Soccer Academy in a friendly match at the NFF\FIFA Goal Project Pitch in Abuja.

Amakson took a first half lead through Joshua Ireoube while Golden Eaglets' second half substitutes, Taofeek Jibril and Nduka Ebere were also on the score sheet.

The match was an opportunity for Coach Emmanuel Amuneke to test new recruits and he was of the view that such trial matches would toughen the players ahead of upcoming engagements.

It also coincided with the on-going FIFA-organized course for Nigerian referees with the likes of Ferdinand Udoh, Egudia Efosa, Bose Momoh, Paul Umuago amongst others officiated the match at intervals.

Alhaji Ahmad Muazu Kawu, Chairman of the Nigeria Nationwide League and a board member of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) who was at the match described the synergy as crucial to the development of the game, adding that the Golden Eaglets can only get better.

With the pre-match rituals including a one-minute silence for the late father of Amakson Academy's coach Tony Adibe concluded, the Golden Eaglets took the kick off but failed to dominate proceeding.

"Frankly, it was a good match especially on the part of our national team that fought from behind to win," Bishop Amakiri , CEO of Amakson Academy who stood in for bereaved coach Adibe." Our boys gave those (Golden Eaglets) a good run for their money and I think this match has helped the national team in testing of their new players."[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by samueld0(m): 6:18pm On May 29, 2015
I don't trust this man
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 1:55pm On May 30, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Kawu: Eaglets on course for Chile[/size]

Alhaji Ahmad Muazu Kawu, Chairman of the Nigeria Nation-Wide League and member of the NFF Executive Committee is confident about the chances of the country's U-17 team at the forthcoming FIFA World Cup in Chile.

The Golden Eaglets were subjected to some scathing criticisms after finishing fourth at the 2015 CAN U-17 Championship in Niger Republic in February but Kawu, who watched the team's 2-1 defeat of Amakson Academy in Abuja on Wednesday, enthused that the team has ability to defend the World Cup title in Chile come October.

He said he NFF led by its forward-looking President, Mr. Amaju Pinnick would leave no stone unturned in getting the team at the ready for the global championship.

"I'm very happy to witness first-hand the work the coaching crew and other back room staff are doing in the rebuilding of the team towards the World Cup in Chile," began Kawu, who was the leader of delegation to Niger 2015.
Golden Eaglets' Coach, Emmanuel Amuneke

Golden Eaglets' Coach, Emmanuel Amuneke

"We might not be happy with the performance of the Golden Eaglets in Niamey but I'm happy the technical crew has returned to the basics in order to fashion out a robust team." He explained further that what the Coach Emmanuel Amuneke-led team needed is prayers from all Nigerians, adding it behoves on the NFF to lend its moral support in order to inspire confidence for better
performance.

“We need to support the team because it is still work in progress," Kawu said. "On the part of the NFF, we will provide every support to ensure that the team defends the World Cup title in Chile."

Nigeria is a record four titlist at the FIFA World Cup level following victories at the maiden edition in 1985 as well in 1993, 2007 and 2013.[/b]

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 3:08pm On May 31, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Golden Eaglets thrash Ifeanyi Ubah FC 3-0[/size]

Golden Eaglets, Nigeria's U-17 side, on Saturday secured a 3-0 win over their counterparts from the Ifeanyi Ubah Football Club at the NFF/FIFA Goal Project Pitch in Abuja.

Three second half goals by substitutes Victor Osimhen, Pam Mafeng and Johnson Umah was all the Emmanuel Amuneke-led side needed to break the resolve of the resilient Anambra Warriors who stoutly defended their half in the first stanza.

But they were unable to curtail the Eaglets’ raid in the second stanza and substitute Osimhen finally broke the deadlock when he converted a penalty. Pam Mafeng added the second goal while Umah Johnson scored the third with a sublime free kick straight into the net from the periphery of the box to the delight of the watching fans.
NFF Deputy General Secretary, Emmanuel Ikpeme, meets Chief Ifeanyi Ubah

" I'm quite impressed with the Golden Eaglets and we can see that coach Emmanuel Amuneke is doing a wonderful job with these boys," said Chief Ifeanyi Ubah, the CEO of Capital Oil and owner of the Nnewi-based club who watched the match with his friends." My advice to these players is to go out there and play their hearts out for Nigeria and we (Ifeanyi Ubah Football Club) are wishing the team all the best in their upcoming international competitions.”

Also in attendance at the match watched by an enthusiastic crowd were Alhaji Ahmad Kawu, Chairman of the NNL; Dr. Emmanuel Ikpeme, NFF's Deputy Secretary General; Former NFF General Secretary, Chief Fanny Amun; Former Super Eagles stars, Sani Kaita and Emmanuel Babayaro and Mr. Friday Kujah, Team Manager of Ifeanyi Ubah FC amongst others.[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by billante(m): 10:54pm On May 31, 2015
joseph1013:
[b][size=14pt]Golden Eaglets thrash Ifeanyi Ubah FC 3-0[/size]

Golden Eaglets, Nigeria's U-17 side, on Saturday secured a 3-0 win over their counterparts from the Ifeanyi Ubah Football Club at the NFF/FIFA Goal Project Pitch in Abuja.

Three second half goals by substitutes Victor Osimhen, Pam Mafeng and Johnson Umah was all the Emmanuel Amuneke-led side needed to break the resolve of the resilient Anambra Warriors who stoutly defended their half in the first stanza.

But they were unable to curtail the Eaglets’ raid in the second stanza and substitute Osimhen finally broke the deadlock when he converted a penalty. Pam Mafeng added the second goal while Umah Johnson scored the third with a sublime free kick straight into the net from the periphery of the box to the delight of the watching fans.

" I'm quite impressed with the Golden Eaglets and we can see that coach Emmanuel Amuneke is doing a wonderful job with these boys," said Chief Ifeanyi Ubah, the CEO of Capital Oil and owner of the Nnewi-based club who watched the match with his friends." My advice to these players is to go out there and play their hearts out for Nigeria and we (Ifeanyi Ubah Football Club) are wishing the team all the best in their upcoming international competitions.”

Also in attendance at the match watched by an enthusiastic crowd were Alhaji Ahmad Kawu, Chairman of the NNL; Dr. Emmanuel Ikpeme, NFF's Deputy Secretary General; Former NFF General Secretary, Chief Fanny Amun; Former Super Eagles stars, Sani Kaita and Emmanuel Babayaro and Mr. Friday Kujah, Team Manager of Ifeanyi Ubah FC amongst others.[/b]

Is this the ifeanyi uba fc of nigeria premier league or the U17 team of Ifeanyi uba fc that the golden eaglets beat 3-0??

I choose to believe its the latter! the senior team can't even play with this kids, they will just break their legs.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 7:28am On Jun 03, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Amuneke to take experimental team to South Korea[/size]

Nigeria’s U-17 side, Golden Eaglets, would feature an experimental team at the 4-Nation Suwon Invitational Tournament in South Korea.

Coach Emmanuel Amuneke said it was imperative that newly recruited fledgling players be exposed to the demands of top level matches ahead of the FIFA U-17 World Cup in Chile.

In strong contention for the trip to the Far East are the likes of captain Kelechi Nwakali, goalkeeper Akpan Udoh, striker Victor Osimhen and defender Abass Usman from the squad that secured the ticket to Chile at the CAN U-17 Championship in Niger in March. New players like defender Ejike Ikwu, midfielder Gavi Opeoluwa and striker Odufeso Babatunde may also be considered.

” We have some exciting new players who have shown us some conviction in training but they need exposure and we are grateful for this tournament opportunity in Korea,” Amuneke told thenff.com.

The 4-Nation tournament will be played on a round-robin basis amongst host Korea, Nigeria, Brazil and USA between June 10 and 14.
[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:33pm On Jun 03, 2015
Good luck boys. Fly Eagles Fly. This is a good step for this team. Playing against top oppositions will help Coach Amuneke and his crew spot the weaknesses of this team.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 10:56pm On Jun 03, 2015
joseph1013:
[b][size=14pt]Manchester City Target Chidera Ejike Could Begin Training With Nigeria U17s In July[/size]

Manchester City Target Chidera Ejike Could Begin Training With Nigeria U17s In July
According to information gathered by allnigeriasoccer.com’s editorial staff, Manchester City target Chidera Ejike could begin training with Nigeria’s Under 17 National Team in the coming months.

The 16 - year - old comes from the stable of nursery team Gee-Lec Football Academy Jos, and has been hailed as the new Iniesta by his minders.

It is understood that the offensive player has been recommended to the Golden Eaglets selectors, and the exciting teenager is set to begin trials with the current world champions as from July.

Man City have sounded out Gee-Lec Football Academy Jos as regards to offering Chidera Ejike a deal when he attains the age of majority after missing out on the signature of Tottenham Hotspur trainee Musa Yahaya.

The highly - rated starlet is represented by influential Jos - based agent Babawo Mohammed.[/b]
Mancity should establish an academy in Nigeria since they love our young talents.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:00pm On Jun 03, 2015
Icon4s:

Mancity should establish an academy in Nigeria since they love our young talents.

I agree. I think we need the kind of academy project Man City is running in Ghana. I hope they think of it.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 11:02pm On Jun 03, 2015
billante:

Is this the ifeanyi uba fc of nigeria premier league or the U17 team of Ifeanyi uba fc that the golden eaglets beat 3-0??

I choose to believe its the latter! the senior team can't even play with this kids, they will just break their legs.

You think there is quality in thé NPL? I lost respect for Nigerian clubs ever since the Flying Eagles won the Super 4 or 6 Tournament.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by OdenigboAroli(m): 11:35pm On Jun 03, 2015
billante:

Lol...It's Anambra warriors,Iceanyo Ubah fc feeders team.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by OdenigboAroli(m): 11:37pm On Jun 03, 2015
Icon4s:

You think there is quality in thé NPL? I lost respect for Nigerian clubs ever since the Flying Eagles won the Super 4 or 6 Tournament.

Well,under17 isn't flying eagles. This our current under17 is no match to Gabros fc.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Orkpekyandega(m): 2:32pm On Jun 05, 2015
Nigerian Gets South African U-17 Invitation.
A Nigerian high school student, Chinedu Okolo, has been invited to the South African U-17 national team ahead of the FIFA U-17 World Cup.
The competition, billed for Chile, will hold from October 17 to November 8.
Chinedu’s father, Lawrence Okolo, told theNews Agency of Nigeriain Pretoria, South Africa on Thursday that his son was a grade 11 high school student in the country.
He said, “Chinedu has been playing for the Super Sport U-17 team before the invitation. As a father, I feel pleased and honoured that my son has been invited to play for the South African national U-17 team.
“I thank God for the blessings as I have no doubts that my son will do well.”
Okolo said Chinedu, a central defender, started playing football at a tender age and took soccer more seriously while in school.
“The day Chinedu was born in Johannesburg in 1998, the first present I gave to him in hospital was a ball. His mother and the nurses that attended him laughed at me. Today, my wife remembers that gift and she is proud of his son.”
According to him, Chinedu’s younger brother, Ifeanyi, is another good player, who may take after his elder brother.
He said Ifeanyi, an attacker had made tremendous progress among his peers and was being monitored by scouts in South Africa because of his scoring prowess. Okolo said his sons were combing football and their academic pursuits simultaneously.
www.punchng.com/sports/nigerian-gets-south-african-u-17-invitation/
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by enomakos(m): 6:44pm On Jun 05, 2015
Orkpekyandega:
Nigerian Gets South African U-17 Invitation.
A Nigerian high school student, Chinedu Okolo, has been invited to the South African U-17 national team ahead of the FIFA U-17 World Cup.
The competition, billed for Chile, will hold from October 17 to November 8.
Chinedu’s father, Lawrence Okolo, told theNews Agency of Nigeriain Pretoria, South Africa on Thursday that his son was a grade 11 high school student in the country.
He said, “Chinedu has been playing for the Super Sport U-17 team before the invitation. As a father, I feel pleased and honoured that my son has been invited to play for the South African national U-17 team.
“I thank God for the blessings as I have no doubts that my son will do well.”
Okolo said Chinedu, a central defender, started playing football at a tender age and took soccer more seriously while in school.
“The day Chinedu was born in Johannesburg in 1998, the first present I gave to him in hospital was a ball. His mother and the nurses that attended him laughed at me. Today, my wife remembers that gift and she is proud of his son.”
According to him, Chinedu’s younger brother, Ifeanyi, is another good player, who may take after his elder brother.
He said Ifeanyi, an attacker had made tremendous progress among his peers and was being monitored by scouts in South Africa because of his scoring prowess. Okolo said his sons were combing football and their academic pursuits simultaneously.
www.punchng.com/sports/nigerian-gets-south-african-u-17-invitation/
good luck

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:24pm On Jun 14, 2015
It's not d latter Sir, it's d former... But of course it wasn't d First 11 of Ifeanyi Ubah Fc(or Gabros)...

billante:

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Danycrusoe(m): 8:01pm On Jun 14, 2015
Can We Get Information And Results Of Matches Of The Golden Eaglets At The Invitational Tourney In China. The Tourney Was Scheduled For 11-14 of june. today is 14th of june and no info abt d tourney
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 8:07pm On Jun 14, 2015
Danycrusoe:
Can We Get Information And Results Of Matches Of The Golden Eaglets At The Invitational Tourney In China. The Tourney Was Scheduled For 11-14 of june. today is 14th of june and no info abt d tourney

[b]Sorry, I thought I had reported this earlier.

[size=14pt]Golden Eaglets Korea invitational tournament postponed[/size]
04/06/2015

The Golden Eaglets of Nigeria will not be participating at the Four-Nation Invitational Tournament due to start in the Korea Republic next week, until further notice, as the tournament has been postponed, organizers have announced.

Organizers of the invitational tourney, which Nigeria’s U-17 boys were to participate in, say they have been forced to postpone the event as a result of the death of two Koreans within the past three days due to the outbreak of the ‘MERS’ (Middle East Respiratory Syndrome) epidemic.

It is believed that as many as 700 people have been isolated as health officials seek to contain the epidemic.

Nigeria Football Federation’s FIFA Match Agent, Jairo Pachon of Eurodata Sport said on Wednesday that organizers are pained but feel it is the correct decision in the circumstances, in order to protect the participating players and officials of all four countries – Korea Republic, Nigeria, USA and Brazil.

“It is an unfortunate situation for the Korean people and we feel their discomfort at this period. We hope that they will be able to solve the issue quickly,” Jairo Pachon was quoted on the NFF website.

A new date will be chosen for the invitational tournament in the month of August 2015.[/b]
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Danycrusoe(m): 8:34pm On Jun 14, 2015
[quote author=joseph1013 post=34771162]

[color=#550000][b]Sorry, I thought I had reported this earlier.

[size=14pt]Golden Eaglets Korea invitational tournament postponed[/size]
04/06/2015

The Golden Eaglets of Nigeria will not be participating at the Four-Nation Invitational Tournament due to start in the Korea Republic next week, until further notice, as the tournament has been postponed, organizers have announced. [Quote]

Thanks For The Info, Never Knew It Had Been Postponed
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 11:07am On Jun 18, 2015
[b][size=14pt]GOLDEN EAGLETS CALL UP MK DON YOUNGSTERS[/size]

Two schoolboys from English Championship side MK Dons have being called up to the camp of the Nigeria Under-17 team currently training in Abuja.

The duo of David Kasumu and Seyi Olukayode along with other Nigerian-eligible players based in the UK, will travel to Abuja on Sunday 26th July to form a UK Soaring Eaglets team.

During their camp, the squad will play two friendly matches with the Nigerian Under-17s side – the Golden Eaglets – at the 60,491 capacity Abuja National Stadium. They will also meet President Muhammadu Buhari, as well as take a tour of the city.

Kasumu and Olukayode will then return to the Dons for pre-season training on the Sunday.

The pair become the first two Academy players recognised internationally since the end of last season.

Kasumu is a midfielder while Olukayode is a striker and both will be hoping to get the attention of Golden Eaglet coach Emmanuel Amuneke ahead of the Under-17 World cup in Chile. [/b]
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Orkpekyandega(m): 11:49pm On Jun 20, 2015
Golden Eaglets Beat Rapture Academy 3-2 in Friendly.
Coach Emmanuel Amuneke’s wards continued with their impressive build up to the 2015 Fifa U17 World Cup billed for Chile with another win on Saturday.
By Shina Oludare
Nigeria U17 team defeated Rapture Academy 3-2 in friendly match played at the Fifa Goal Project pitch in Abuja on Saturday. Goals from Kelechi Nwakali, Victor Osimhen and Noah Rasaq were all Emmanuel Amuneke’s boys needed to subdue the Uyo based outfit who got their goals through Ezekiel Lawrence and Chidi Randy.
The Eaglets who fielded most of their new recruits in the game were wasteful in front of goal but took the lead in the 32nd minute through captain Nwakali.
On resumption of the second half Osimhen added the second for his team before Rapture Academy pulled one back through Ezekiel.
Rasaq added a third for Amuneke’s side while their opponents got their second of the game courtesy Randy in the 83rd minute.
Nigeria will be defending their U17 World title when the competition spans from October 17 – November 8, 2015 in Chile.
m.goal.com/x/en-ng/news/12913232

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Orkpekyandega(m): 10:10am On Jun 22, 2015
Eaglets’ Coach Amuneke screams: We Don’t Have a World Cup Team
Posted by: Segun Ogunjimiin
•As Rapture Academy boss clamours for friendlies
The Chief Coach of the Golden Eaglets, Emmanuel Amunike, has confessed that he has no team yet for the forthcoming FIFA U-17 World Cup slated for Chile from October 17 to November 8, 2015.
The ever blunt former Super Eagles attacker did not hide his feelings when he revealed that, “I don’t have a team for now. I am just being honest with you. Let us not try to create or hype things that are not real. You guys (Abuja-based sports journalists) came here today and you are expecting a miracle. We have been here for the past two weeks now and I don’t even think any of you have picked interest to come and see what we are doing.
“So, let us be realistic as regards what we are doing. You guys know me. I don’t need to tell you who I am. I believe in my principles. I believe in what I am doing regardless of what anybody thinks of me. But I believe that everything in life has its procedure and that is the procedure we are following now.
“Are we the best people on earth? No. But can we work hard to improve ourselves? Yes, of course. So, we are not here to convince anybody, we are not here to convince any tribe or individual. We are here to serve Nigerians with the best of our abilities. That is what we offer to Nigeria with all fairness.
“I will also tell you that there is no pressure from any quarter as regards this job. Let me be honest with you. I have played this game to the highest level. As a coach I have been privileged also to coach to the highest level. So, everything you do in life there will always be a process to it and that is the process I am following.
“Am I going to do a miracle? Am I going to do this? I’m not telling you I am going to do this. But I am doing the best I can.
“What we are doing here (with the team in Abuja) is that we remain focused, we remain loyal and honest with what we are doing. For the past two weeks we have seen some Nigerian youths that are enthusiastic and want to play football. What we have to do now is to guide them and see if we can get the best from them. That is all we are doing here”, the former African Footballer of the Year disclosed.
Meanwhile the Chairman of the Rapture Academy International of Uyo, who lost 2-3 to the Golden Eaglets at the Goal Project Center, Abuja National Stadium on Saturday, Sammy Etuk, has urged the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) to arrange more local and international friendly matches for the Eaglets in order to knock the team to shape for October’s FIFA U-17 World Cup.
According to the veteran journalist, who is based in the United States of America, time is not on the side of the team and the only way to get the boys going is through quality friendly matches.
“If you ask me I would say we have barely four months to the kick-off of the U-17 World Cup, which I believe is not a long time to prepare. So the Nigeria Football Federation needs to help this team by getting quality friendly matches for them to play to put the players in a competitive mood”, he advised.
thenationonlineng.net/new/eaglets-coach-amuneke-screams-we-dont-have-a-world-cup-team/

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 12:48pm On Jun 25, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Nigeria: Amuneke Throws U-17 Camp Open[/size]

Lagos — In a bid to select the best players that will represent Nigeria at the FIFA U-17 World Cup in Chile later in the year, Golden Eaglets coach, Emmanuel Amuneke, has thrown the team's camp open for players that can fit into his plan.

The reigning world champions which is hoping to retain the trophy won in UAE two years ago under Manu Garba, qualified for the tournament as one of Africa's four representatives after finishing third at the CAF U-17 Championship in Niger early this year.

Amuneke, who revealed that he has invited some players that started with the team, also said that other uninvited players would be giving a look for as long as they meet his demand.

"It's really not a question of how many more players to invite, we are making it possible for every player who falls within the category to come down and prove themselves. We have invited some and also available all others to come around."[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Danycrusoe(m): 1:43pm On Jun 26, 2015
He Has Thrown The Camp Open, No Problem But Where Is The Camp Located, I Mean The Venue Of The Camp.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by tbaba1234: 2:25pm On Jun 26, 2015
Danycrusoe:
He Has Thrown The Camp Open, No Problem But Where Is The Camp Located, I Mean The Venue Of The Camp.

It is in Abuja, perhaps the FIFA goal project pitch.. I think that is where they are training
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Orkpekyandega(m): 3:10pm On Jun 26, 2015
joseph1013:
[b][size=14pt]Nigeria: Amuneke Throws U-17 Camp Open[/size]

Lagos — In a bid to select the best players that will represent Nigeria at the FIFA U-17 World Cup in Chile later in the year, Golden Eaglets coach, Emmanuel Amuneke, has thrown the team's camp open for players that can fit into his plan.

The reigning world champions which is hoping to retain the trophy won in UAE two years ago under Manu Garba, qualified for the tournament as one of Africa's four representatives after finishing third at the CAF U-17 Championship in Niger early this year.

Amuneke, who revealed that he has invited some players that started with the team, also said that other uninvited players would be giving a look for as long as they meet his demand.

"It's really not a question of how many more players to invite, we are making it possible for every player who falls within the category to come down and prove themselves. We have invited some and also available all others to come around."[/b]
Why didn't he throw the Golden Eaglets camp open immediately after the AYC? Now that time is no longer on our side, he has thrown the camp open. Why throw open camp so late for new players? I am not against throwing the camp open but the timing is what am not too comfortable with.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Danycrusoe(m): 9:36pm On Jun 26, 2015
tbaba1234:

It is in Abuja, perhaps the FIFA goal project pitch.. I think that is where they are training
Its Difficult To Get Talents That Way...
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Orkpekyandega(m): 3:13pm On Jul 02, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Omeruo Gingers Golden Eaglets
[/size]
Super Eagles’ defender, Kenneth Omeruo on yesterday made a surprise visit to the Golden Eaglets’ training session at the NFF/FIFA Goal Project Pitch in Abuja, with a clarion call on the players to push themselves hard to attain stardom.
Omeruo, a member of the silver-winning Golden Eaglets at the 2009 FIFA U-17 World Cup hosted by Nigeria, told the budding youngsters desirous of making the Chile-bound 2015 World Cup team to count themselves very lucky, adding that only hard work and prayers can see them through.
“My mission here today is to come and encourage you. From my own experience, it is only hard work that can get you to the top,” said the Chelsea defender who is on loan at Middlesbrough in the English Premier League. “I met a huge crowd more than what I saw here today when I came for the Golden Eaglets screening in 2009; though we, Nigerians believe you must know somebody to make it, I was able to make the team and got to play through hard work and prayers.”
Speaking further, he enjoined the players to guide against acts of indiscipline and listen attentively to the instructions of the technical crew.
Golden Eaglets’ captain Kelechi Nwakali, who spoke on behalf of the players, thanked Omeruo for the encouraging visit, pledging that the youngsters would tow the inspiring path of the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) winner.
“We are happy that you are here today to give us useful advice, you are our hero and we are going to do everything you have told us in order to make Nigeria proud in Chile,” Nwakali added.
Coach Emmanuel Amuneke rounded off the session by also commending Omeruo even as he praised the Nigeria Football Federation(NFF) for its support to the Golden Eaglets.
“Once again, I want to use this opportunity to thank the NFF for giving me the good people I’m working with because their experiences have been of tremendous help in moulding these boys,” noted the former African Footballer of the Year. “We are not only teaching these boys how to play football but we want them to be useful in the society in future and I want to thank the technical crew and backroom staff in this regard.”
The 1996 Olympic football gold medal winner further said the Golden Eaglets technical crew was making painstaking efforts in selection of the players due to the obvious challenges at this level, adding that he was confident Nigeria would be difficult to beat in Chile come October.[/b]

thenationonlineng.net/new/omeruo-gingers-golden-eaglets/

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (64) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Cameroon: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 4 - 0 (Full Time) / More Than 100 Doctors Say Mayweather-mcgregor Fight Should Not Have Been Allowed / Dele Alli's Sex Video Leaks Online (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.