Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) - Sports (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) (480570 Views)

Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) / FIFA U-20 World Cup New Zealand 2015 Full Time Table And Fixtures / Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (232) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 2:01pm On Apr 24, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Struggling Success Unsure Of Future[/size]

Struggling Spanish La-Liga side Granada are yet to make a decision on the future of on loan-forward Isaac Success.

The Nigeria Under-20 striker was loaned to the team by Serie A side Udinese last season upon his signing, as the Italian outfit have exhausted their foreign players quota.

Udinese just like Granada are owned by same owners, the Pozzo family, who are also the owners of promotion chasing English Championship side Watford.

Granada's main problem this season has been their poor goal return in La-Liga and Success, who was thrust in at the start of the season, failed to solve their issues.

Success has been finding games hard to come by since the sacking of Joan Capaross as new manager Albert Resino has relegated him to the B team.

Playing for the B team his fine form of 6 goals from 15 games, as opposed to one goal in 27 for the first team, has proven his quality.

According to reports gathered by SL10.ng, Success might have his loan deal extended if Granada are relegated as the club will have to rely on youth players to cut costs. But if they stay up a decision will be made on his future in the summer.

A move to Watford like Odion Ighalo is not feasible due to issues with obtaining a work permit hence making his situation more complicated ahead of this summer.

However, a strong showing at the World Youth Championship in New Zealand where he is due to participate with Nigeria will help in hastening a decision on his next career move.
[/b]
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 2:02pm On Apr 24, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Musa Muhammed: We Will Take On Anyone[/size]

Flying Eagles captain Musa Muhammed has said he wants to have the best tournament of his life and help Nigeria win the FIFA U20 World Cup.

The Nigerian U20’s are one of Africa’s representatives at this year’s U20 World Cup and find themselves in group E, alongside favourites Brazil, as well as Hungary and North Korea.

And Muhammed says he’s hoping to break Nigeria’s jinx of not winning the U20 World Cup.

“We have been working hard and the goal is simple: to win the World Cup. We have a tough group ahead and it’s going to take a lot of work for us to get ahead of them so we have to work harder.

“On a personal note, I want to have the best time of my career and the best tournament of my career and in the process help my country win the World Cup,” he said.

The 18-year-old also spoke about Nigeria’s group and says they are not paying special attention to any particular team, but will take it one game at a time.

“We are not looking at giving a special attention to any particular team. We just want to prepare and take it one game at a time,” he stated.[/b]
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Nobody: 3:10pm On Apr 24, 2015
joseph1013:
[b][size=14pt]Gent Coach: Simon Moses Will Miss U20 World Cup Perparation[/size]

Coach of Belgium league title-hopefuls K.A.A. Gent, Hein Vanhaezebrouck, has insisted that mercurial forward, Moses Simon, will stay for the playoffs and warned that he risks burn-out if he features at the Under-20 World Cup.

Simon who has openly revealed his desire to be at the youth World Cup was told by the manager in clear terms that he will only be released after the Belgium title playoffs.

"I have discussed it with him, and he can go but only after the playoffs,"said Hein Vanhaezebrouck Thursday at his weekly press conference.

"But have already warned him he risk burning out as he will have less rest and this might drastically reduce his ability in comparison to other players next season."

It appears the 19 year old will shuttle between the Flying Eagles camp in Germany as well as play for Gent in the playoffs going by the manager's statement.

"He will leave for the National team but we will call him back to play for us anytime we need him before the end of the playoffs"

However his participation is still shrouded in controversy as Gent will only release him within the week of 25-31 May pending on their position in the playoffs.

Going by the fact that all participating countries are expected to submit their final squad list on the 18th of May, it is left for Coach Manu Garba to decide if he will name a player that is away from the team.[/b]

Hmm, some things are better left unsaid.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Danycrusoe(m): 3:59pm On Apr 24, 2015
Op u ar doing a great job, i knw it wunt b easy bt cn u also provide us with news from d camps of our group opponents and also gv us fixtures nd d kick off in nigerian time
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by daveP(m): 4:56pm On Apr 24, 2015
arsetalks:
I totally agree with you. I think he should be with the under 23 team after the under 20.

No need to rush. He is a good coach but I think we should be gradual with him. Move him to the olymic Eagles after the next olympic.

He and Siasia can do a job and John Obuh should replace almost certain to fumble Amunike.
yeah exactly! He should be one that changes the pace/method SE coaches are employed. If he graduates with the same set of boys(@ least 70%) to SE, there wont be any kind of rigmarole.

We have internal talents and after-al talents(the ones that neva rep Nig in an international comp before but shine @the moment for a SE call up)

Now who else is displeased Keshi is still there? I for one. Thought twas only GEJ that people called clueless? Seems its everywhere.

Ehen where was i? Yes gradual steps to top job..... I want Sunday Oliseh @ one of these jobs.

Genk should release our guy now!
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 5:16pm On Apr 24, 2015
Danycrusoe:
Op u ar doing a great job, i knw it wunt b easy bt cn u also provide us with news from d camps of our group opponents and also gv us fixtures nd d kick off in nigerian time

I already did earlier in the thread.

But here are the fixtures for Nigeria

01 Jun 2015 - 02:00am Nigeria vs Brazil (Stadium Taranaki, New Plymouth)

04 Jun 2015 - 05:00am Nigeria vs Korea DPR (Stadium Taranaki, New Plymouth)

07 Jun 2015 - 06:00am Nigeria vs Hungary (Stadium Taranaki, New Plymouth)
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 5:24pm On Apr 24, 2015
As regards news for our group opponents, alot of the info I got for Brazil, Korea and Hungary on their sites are not English, so there is not much value in them. Would put more searchlight on them from now on.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:25pm On Apr 24, 2015
daveP:
yeah exactly! He should be one that changes the pace/method SE coaches are employed. If he graduates with the same set of boys(@ least 70%) to SE, there wont be any kind of rigmarole.

We have internal talents and after-al talents(the ones that neva rep Nig in an international comp before but shine @the moment for a SE call up)

Now who else is displeased Keshi is still there? I for one. Thought twas only GEJ that people called clueless? Seems its everywhere.

Ehen where was i? Yes gradual steps to top job..... I want Sunday Oliseh @ one of these jobs.

Genk should release our guy now!

If Sunday Oliseh wants to coach the Super Eagles, he should start from somewhere. He should coach an age grade side of the National team or pick a club and coach.

You can not expect an NFF chairman to hand over the coaching job to Oliseh who has no experience.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by daveP(m): 5:35pm On Apr 24, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

If Sunday Oliseh wants to coach the Super Eagles, he should start from somewhere. He should coach an age grade side of the National team or pick a club and coach.

You can not expect an NFF chairman to hand over the coaching job to Oliseh who has no experience.
yeah sure, i know that. Its the reason i used "jobs" and not just "job"

only Akpors would give Oliseh just like that. smiley

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 5:38pm On Apr 24, 2015
I doubt simon moses will be in the world cup team. That will be really sad because he will be an important member.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Danycrusoe(m): 5:46pm On Apr 24, 2015
joseph1013:
As regards news for our group opponents, alot of the info I got for Brazil, Korea and Hungary on their sites are not English, so there is not much value in them. Would put more searchlight on them from now on.
More grease to ur elbow Op. Wat abt d idea of creating similar threads 4 d female teams?
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:09pm On Apr 24, 2015
tbaba1234:
I doubt simon moses will be in the world cup team. That will be really sad because he will be an important member.

If Simon Moses is not joining the Flying Eagles early in the German camp, then Coach Manu Garba and Coach Ugbade should drop him. If they don't, he will be getting preferential treatments from the Coaches.

I hope Nacho and Co. are released early because this tournament is important for their careers.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Nobody: 10:25am On Apr 25, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

If Simon Moses is not joining the Flying Eagles early in the German camp, then Coach Manu Garba and Coach Ugbade should drop him. If they don't, he will be getting preferential treatments from the Coaches.

I hope Nacho and Co. are released early because this tournament is important for their careers.

We have guys who could get the job done in the flanks..
This is a ample opportunity for the world to know what he has in his kits. . If he fails to avail himself, that's his bane..

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 1:01pm On Apr 25, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Sokari features as Flying Eagles win 4-1[/size]

Enyimba star Kingsley Sokari was a second half substitute as Nigeria’s Flying Eagles trounced Abuja Football College 4-1 in a test game at the Abuja National Stadium on Friday to prepare them for next month’s U20 World Cup in New Zealand.

Sokari was the last player to join the Flying Eagles training camp in Abuja and with just minutes to spare, he was denied by the goalkeeper in Friday’s test game.

It was a keen contest with the Flying Eagles eventually imposing themselves on a lively Abuja College team, who played part of the second half a man shot after a player was sent off.

After several early misses including Taiwo Awoniyi throwing away a sitter in the 10th minute, the Flying Eagles finally took the lead on 12 minutes when skipper Musa Muhammed converted a penalty for a foul inside the box.

The Flying Eagles then survived a scare in the 20th minute as Abuja College poured forward for an equalising goal.

The African champions doubled their lead in the 33rd minute when Ifeanyi Matthew fired home from deep inside the box.

Bernard Bulwa then saw his effort crash against the post in the 35th minute, before Ifeanyi Matthew also smashed his shot against the post from distance 10 minutes later.

Abuja College chased the game in the second half and were deservedly rewarded in the 55th minute through Nigeria U17 international Kingsley Michael, who capped an impressive showing with a confidently struck goal from inside the box.

On the hour, skipper Muhammed put away a second penalty after an opponent handled the ball inside the 18-yard box.

Substitute Christian Pyagbara put this game beyond Abuja College in the 82nd minute when he chipped over the goalkeeper.

Flying Eagles vs Abuja Football College

Dele Alampasu – Musa Muhammed (Izu Omego), Mustapha Abdullahi (Samuel Okon), Bashiru Monsuru, Zaharadeen Bello – Abdullahi Alfa (Gabriel Okechukwu), Ifeanyi Ifeanyi (Akinjide Idowu), Ifeanyi Matthew (Chidiebere Nwakali), Bernard Bulbwa (Christian Pyagbara), Taiwo Awoniyi (Usman Sale), Alhassan Ibrahim ‘Muazam’ (Kingsley Sokari)[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 1:09pm On Apr 25, 2015
[b][size=14pt]We're preparing without Iheanacho - Manu Garba[/size]

Head coach of Nigeria's U20 national team, Manu Garba has told Goal that his side is preparing for life without hot starlet Kelechi Iheanacho at the upcoming Fifa U20 World Cup in New Zealand that starts on May 30.

Iheanacho, who missed the African Youth Championship in Senegal due to injury, is unlikely to be available for the World Cup if he fails to reach full fitness in time. But the former Golden Eaglets gaffer insists they are still hopeful just as the 2013 Fifa U17 World Cup Golden Ball winner and his English club side.

"I'm just hearing from you about 'the condition given by Manchester City before his release'. I can't tell you anything about Iheanacho because I have not gotten any official report on him. We are focused on the players we've already gotten to represent the country," Garba told Goal.

"I cannot discuss about his progress because I’m not with him neither do we know his state of fitness. Though I've been in contact, the boy is very keen in coming to play for the country.

"Same way the club (Man City) are also eager to see him play, though they insist he must be fit and injury-free before being released. They did promise to release him as soon as they attest to his fitness. If they do, we are always happy and ready to have in the team," the former Gombe United gaffer continued.

"At the moment, we are focused on preparing the players we have on ground for the U20 World Cup. We are hopeful on having him in the team to contribute his best to helping the country at the World Cup.

"The NFF are doing everything they can do in ensuring his release. But this technical crew is focused on working with the players available to ensure the country succeeds at the championship in case he is not fit," he concluded.

Earlier, assistant coach Nduka Ugbade had told Goal that the midfielder had returned to full training at Manchester City and he is likely to feature in Monday's FA Youth Cup final second leg clash with Chelsea.

Ugbade said: "The Sports Director of Manchester City told us Iheanacho is okay, but they want him play the one or two games without any injury concerns because they have given their words to allow him to join us to the training camp in Germany if he is fully fit."

He further confirmed that the pair of Wilfred Ndidi and Moses Simon, who play for KRC Genk of Belgium, will join the Flying Eagles in Germany due to their club's chase of a UEFA Champions League ticket have delayed them from teaming up with the U20 national side as well as Isaac Success of Spanish outfit Granada.

The African representatives are drawn in Group E alongside Brazil, North Korea and Hungary.

Coach Manu Garba's side will begin their campaign for glory in the international youth competition against Brazil at the Taranaki Stadium, New Plymouth on June 1.[/b]
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by ibrandnaijatv: 2:00pm On Apr 25, 2015
Watch our original comedy skit - Press Release of Flow Allweather(Floyd) vs Money Packall(Manny). Please remember to LIKE, SHARE and COMMENT! Laugh and enjoy! #ibrandnaija #floydvsmanny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aalzy0SlJtU
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by enomakos(m): 5:36pm On Apr 25, 2015
so nwakali is now in camp
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by enomakos(m): 5:37pm On Apr 25, 2015
it is good to hear nwakali is now in camp
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by lakesidepapa(m): 6:00pm On Apr 25, 2015
Daninya11:

Hmm, some things are better left unsaid.

That's football for u. Mind games does it better
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 7:24pm On Apr 26, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Arsenal, Tottenham & Liverpool Tracking Moses Simon[/size]

SL10.ng understands that Arsenal could make a summer swoop for Moses Simon after posting a scout to run the rule over the Gent striker during a recent league game.

The Nigeria international has been observed at close quarters by several European powerhouses leading up to the opening of the transfer window.

Arsenal face competition from Premier League pair Tottenham Hotspur and Liverpool, who have both been tracking the attacker since he moved to Gent from AS Trencin in January.

Other teams that have checked on Moses Simon's progress in Belgium include Stuttgart, Borussia Dortmund, Borussia Monchengladbach, Eintracht Frankfurt and Cologne.

Also, Ajax Amsterdam and PSV Eindhoven are known to be long-term admirers of the Golden Boot Soccer Academy product.

Moses Simon joined Gent on a three - and-a-half year deal three months ago, but The Buffalos top brass would be willing to offload him to an interested club who can meet his transfer fee thought to be around 20 million euros.

The 19-year-old is expected to star for Nigeria at this summer's Fifa Under 20 World Cup in New Zealand.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 7:26pm On Apr 26, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Garba Highlights Importance Of Germany Camp[/size]

Ahead of their training tour of Germany, Flying Eagles coach Manu Garba has highlighted the importance of having such an exercise ahead of the FIFA U20 World Cup.

The Nigerian U20’s travel to the European country on Thursday for a three week training camp and will travel to New Zealand from there for the FIFA U20 World Cup and Manu has talked about the importance of having such an exercise.

“It is going to be good for us on several grounds. First is the weather which is similar to that of New Zealand at this time and that should give us an idea of what to expect in New Zealand.

“Secondly we have to also talk about the facilities which are better than what we have here at home. That should help put us in better physical and mental shape for the tournament,” he said.

The Flying Eagles coach also talked about the friendly games they hope to play while in Germany, and says that should also better prepare them.

“We also hope to play better friendly matches there, especially with youth teams of some of the German clubs and that will also give us a feel of playing teams of such quality and exposure and hopefully they will count for something in the end,” he
added.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 7:27pm On Apr 26, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Alampasu Relishing Fight For Places[/size]

Flying Eagles goalkeeper Dele Alampasu says he’s relishing the ‘fierce’ fight for places in the team ahead of the FIFA U20 World Cup in New Zealand.

The Nigerian U20’s have been training in Abuja ahead of their overseas training camp in Germany, and Alampasu has told sl10.ng that he is enjoying the fight for shirts in the team.

“The challenge is good and I am enjoying it,” he told sl10.ng. “It feels good to fight for places on the team because it keeps you on your toes and makes you understand the essence of what you’re doing.

“I experienced the same thing before we went for the U17 World Cup and it was fun and it brought out the best in me, so I’m enjoying it,” he said.

The Estoril of Portugal acquisition also says he isn’t scared of losing out on the final squad, insisting that his performances in training will speak for him.

“I have no fears about that because I know how I’ve been faring in training and I have confidence in my ability.

“There’s no reason to be scared because I also faced the same tests before the U17 World Cup and I excelled and I have the same confidence that I will here too,” he said.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 7:28pm On Apr 26, 2015
[b][size=14pt]West Ham Talent Commits To Nigeria Ahead Of England[/size]

West Ham's new kid on the block, Emmanuel Onariase, has elected to play for Nigeria at senior level though he is eligible to don the jersey of England, the country of his birth.

The Anglo-Nigerian is regarded as one of the brightest prospects at The Boleyn Ground so much so that manager Sam Allardyce named the central defender in his 18 - man squad for the Premier League clash against Arsenal last month.

''I've always wanted to play for my country ever since I was a kid,'' Emmanuel Onariase confided to SL10.ng.

''My future lies with God, he is my sense of direction, he has plans for me, which ever country I end up playing for I know it's God that chose it for me! He will give me a sign when the time comes.

''Of course I would honour a call up from my home country! I would love to play for my country with a passion!''

The 18 - year - old has revealed that former Super Eagles skipper Joseph Yobo has always been his role model, and did not spare praise for the ex Everton and Norwich City stopper.

''I look up to Joesph Yobo who was a centre back for the Super Eagles but retired last year.

''Yobo is a solid defender! Being the team captain, he led the team by example, he also played in the Premier league for Everton.

''He is composed on the ball and he reads the game well making vital tackles! What a great player!'' Emmanuel Onariase added.

West Ham believe Onariase will be key for the club in future and they moved quickly to offer him a professional deal earlier this month.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 7:29pm On Apr 26, 2015
[b][size=14pt]U20s Depart For Germany On Thursday[/size]

The Flying Eagles will depart Nigeria for Germany on Thursday, April 30, for their final preparation ahead of the FIFA U20 World Cup in New Zealand.

The Nigerian U-20 boys team will have a final training camp in Germany, as earlier reported by sl10.ng, before the FIFA U-20 World Cup finals starting next month in New Zealand.

Mohammed Sanusi, General Secretary of the Nigeria Football Federation, confirmed on Friday that a team of 30 players and 10 officials will depart for Germany aboard a flight from Abuja on Wednesday.

“The boys will arrive in Germany on Thursday, April 30 and be able to train for 22 days, before flying to New Zealand on May 23,” he told thenff.com.

“The present NFF administration is fully committed to providing the best of preparation for any of our National Teams ahead of major international matches of championships.”

The African champions are expected to arrive at their base in New Plymouth, New Zealand on May 25, ahead of their first match of the tournament against Brazil on the first day of June.

Nigeria, silver winners in 1989 and 2005, will also play North Korea and Hungary in Group E of the three- week, 24-nation tournament.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 7:30pm On Apr 26, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Akpom, Tosi & Solanke Among Top Prospects In England[/size]

Five youngsters of Nigerian descent have been named to the 'Top 35 Hottest Prospects In English Football' under the age of 21 by authoritative British newspaper, The Telegraph.

Arsenal's striker Chuba Akpom, Tottenham Hotpsur's Dele Alli, Liverpool's Sheyi Ojo, Manchester City's Tosin Adarabioyo and Chelsea's Dominic Solanke made the prestigious list.

Speaking on Chuba Akpom, the editors of The Telegraph said : ''Has played through the age-groups for England and has just signed a contract at Arsenal until 2019. Has made nine first-team appearances but currently on loan at Nottingham Forest. ''

On Tosin Adarabioyo, the editors said : ''The City under-18 captain -despite being only 16 when he was given the armband - exudes the authority of a more senior player. Do not be surprised to see him on loan in the Championship next season. ''

Dominic Solanke : '' Forward Solanke has already made his Champions League debut for Chelsea this season, despite being aged just 17. He was also invited to train with England’s seniors last month. ''

The quintet have turned out for England at youth - levels but can still don the Nigeria jersey as they are yet to make their competitive debut for the Three Lions.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 7:32pm On Apr 26, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Vitesse Arnhem Join Man United, Porto In Race For Awoniyi[/size]

SL10.ng has been told that Dutch Eredivisie side Vitesse Arnhem have joined the race for the signature of Flying Eagles striker Taiwo Awoniyi.

A representative of the Arnhem- based outfit has contacted the intermediary that looks after the affairs of the U20 and U23 starlet over the possibility of moving to The GelreDome in the summer.

It is understood that Vitesse Arnhem were placed on alert after the 17-year - old netted a brace for the Nigeria Under 23s in All Africa Games qualifier against Zambia two weeks ago.

As well as Vitesse Arnhem, representatives of Manchester United, Olympiakos, Red Bull Salzburg, Porto, RSC Anderlecht and Esperance have opened a line of communication with Taiwo Awoniyi's minders.

But the most concrete interest so far has come from Tunisian powerhouse Esperance, who firmed up their interest by offering him a five - year deal and a sign-on bonus of 650,000 Euros.

Bear it in mind that Taiwo Awoniyi signed a preliminary contract with Kalmar after the 2013 Fifa Under 17 World Cup but the deal is not watertight as the Nigeria Football Federation is yet to rule on the club that own his registration and economic rights.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 7:33pm On Apr 26, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Garba Warns Players Ahead Of Germany Trip[/size][size=8pt][/size]

Ahead of their training tour of Germany, Flying Eagles coach Manu Garba has warned his players that they are not embarking on a jamboree.

The 30 players currently in camp are travelling to Germany for a training tour, where they will be joined by the other invited overseas based players and Manu has said in no unclear terms that the players’ futures on the team will be decided there.

“The players we are taking to the World Cup will be decided there so they must keep working hard. They mustn’t think going to Germany means going to the World Cup because if they stop working hard, they stop making the team.

“Going to Germany is not for sightseeing or jamboree, it is our final leg of preparation and the players must show more zeal and commitment if they are to make the final team because that is what we are going there to do and nothing else,” he said.

Manu also admitted that he and his coaching crew already have an idea of some of the players that will make the final squad, but insists they will only make their final decisions after their German exercise.

“From our training sessions so far we have some ideas but nothing will be decided until we have finished our preparations in Germany.”[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 7:35pm On Apr 26, 2015
[size=14pt]Flying Eagles coach Manu is Ambassador for Sports[/size]

Flying Eagles coach Manu Garba has been honoured as Ambassador for Sports by the African Sporting Initiative in recognition of his contribution to the development of youth and sports in Nigeria and beyond.

The ceremony took place at the Old Parade Ground in Abuja on Saturday after the closing ceremony of U15 and U17 football competitions organised by the African Sporting Initiative.

The African Sporting Initiative has an academy in Togo as well as administrative offices in Nigeria, Ghana and Togo.

Manu has won several major laurels for Nigeria.

He was assistant coach when the Golden Eaglets won the 2007 FIFA U17 World Cup in South Korea and six years he repeated the feat as chief coach.

Last month, he led Nigeria to win a seventh African Youth Championship in Senegal.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 7:37pm On Apr 26, 2015
[size=14pt]Flying Eagles ace Abdullahi opens goals account in Norway[/size]

Flying Eagles striker Suleiman Abdullahi 'Daddy' scored his first-ever goal in the league for his Norwegean club Viking on Saturday as they lost 4-1 at home to Rosenborg.

Abdullahi hit the target in the 77th minute to reduce the deficit to 2-1 but his team went on to concede two more goals.

He was a 63rd minute substitute for Jon Dadi Boedvarsson

The Flying Eagles player signed a four-year contract with Viking in February 2015 after a successful trial.

Abdullahi made ​​its debut in Premier League in April when he was a 78th minute substitute for Jon Dadi Boedvarsson against Mjondalen IF which his side lost 1-0.

His compatriot Samuel Adegbenro was also a 63rd minute substitute for Yann-Erik de Lanlay and was cautioned in the 69th minute, while Osita Chikere was an unused substitute.
[b][/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 7:39pm On Apr 26, 2015
[size=14pt]Exclusive : Glasgow Celtic Ponder Move For Nigeria Under 20s Star Akinjide Idowu[/size]

Allnigeriasoccer.com understands that Glasgow Celtic are mulling over a move for Flying Eagles midfielder Akinjide Idowu.

It is believed that the Scottish champions posted their chief scout to run the rule over the youngster at the African Youth Championship.

The 18 - year - old’s form during the tournament in Senegal also put Udinese on alert , and the Italians would be hoping to steal a march on their rivals by playing the card of reuniting with Flying Eagles pal Isaac Success.

FC Banik Ostrava had courted the Nigeria Youth Soccer Academy starlet before he put himself in the shop window at the AYC.

Akinjide Idowu is represented by the same intermediary that looks after the affairs of Tottenham Hotspur youth - teamer Musa Yahaya.

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 11:05am On Apr 27, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Manu: It’s The World Cup Or Nothing For Us[/size]

Flying Eagles coach Manu Garba has stated categorically that is the FIFA U20 World Cup title or nothing for them, ahead of the championship in New Zealand.

The Nigerian U20’s are African champions and one of Africa’s representatives at the competition and despite have had some relative success at this level, they are yet to win it.

And Manu, whose team has been touted as Nigeria’s best U20 team ever, says it is about winning the U20 World Cup or nothing for them.

“The only wish and expectation is to get to win the World Cup,” he told SL10.ng. “We want to have a good representation for Nigeria and Africa and it is either we win the World Cup or nothing for us,” he said.

Speaking confidently, Manu further added that the work they have done with the team right from the U17’s, has always been geared towards winning the U20 World Cup.

“The work we have done right from the U17’s has been about this stage; the U20. This is a team that has done very well at both the U17 World Cup and most recently, the Africa Youth Championship.

“And these have been geared towards the U20 World Cup which is the ultimate,” he reiterated.

The team will leave Nigeria for Germany on Thursday for Germany, where they will have their final preparation before the World Cup in New Zealand.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 1:20pm On Apr 27, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Manu Outlines What They Must Do To Win U20 World Cup[/size]

With most Nigerians tipping them to be the first Nigerian U20 boys’ team to win the FIFA U20 World Cup, Flying Eagles coach Manu Garba has outlined what they must do to have the expected impact in New Zealand.

Speaking to SL10.ng, the former Golden Eaglets coach says there has to be a lot more to the team, for them to win the competition.

“The things we must do to achieve success in New Zealand are first of all, good preparation, which I think we are having at the moment,” he said. “Then of course there has to be hard work from both the players and the coaches.

“There also has to be team discipline and transparency in the way we select the players. We must make sure we select the best players for every match,” he said of him and his assistants.

Speaking further about what they need to do, Manu stated that in as much as they have done so much work on the team, they must also clear any grey areas noticed before the World Cup.

“Most importantly, we the coaches have done a lot of work on this team but we intend to still address the grey areas before we go to the World Cup proper,” he stressed.

Nigeria will need to first go past group E, where they will contend with Brazil, North Korea and Hungary.[/b]

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (232) (Reply)

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.