Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,099 members, 7,821,798 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) - Sports (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) (480376 Views)

Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) / FIFA U-20 World Cup New Zealand 2015 Full Time Table And Fixtures / Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (232) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by imcam: 5:47pm On May 24, 2015
safarigirl:
he was dropped
so painful d guy is energetic and very mobile in dt middle maybe his small statur used against him
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 5:49pm On May 24, 2015
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by imcam: 5:50pm On May 24, 2015
tbaba1234:
Portugal under 20 beat Brazil under 20 today.

1:0

means d team is beatable, lets go boys we are winning
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Raymond4kc: 6:00pm On May 24, 2015
tbaba1234:
Portugal under 20 beat Brazil under 20 today.
1:0

I think you made a mistake here. The score is BRAZIL U20 1 : PORTUGAL U 20 0.

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:06pm On May 24, 2015
imcam:

do u av an idea if alfa was droped from d full squad

Well Sir, I saw this kinda late but like SafariGirl said, he was dropped. I really felt for the lad coz he's very gifted but like manu garba said in an interview, he has selected the best of the best and the most technically-balanced players for the task ahead. SO RELAX... Coz THE CLASS IS NOW IN SESSION PRE-TOURNAMENT.... From June 1, The Ante-tournament session begins 4 us... A bientot.
And uhm, SafariGirl... Thanks for answering the dude's question even though some forumites mite see d question as 'Ignorance on display' considering how long ago the 21-man list was unveiled. The truth is not many people are actually current with this team, so let's bear with them and keep bearing with one another. Thanks again Miss...
And I want to add that the little comparison u made btw messi vs boateng and Nacho vs dat man utd u21 player is truly Spot On!!! I've always told them on Sl10 that Nacho reminds me of messi (fortunately most agree with me). I believe that as Messi is to barca and argentina so is Iheanacho to Nigeria and soon enough man city(he's already the star man for the man city Eds).

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 6:17pm On May 24, 2015
Raymond4kc:

I think you made a mistake here. The score is BRAZIL U20 1 : PORTUGAL U 20 0.

Thanks, you are correct 1 0 Brazil.

Portuguese problem.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 6:18pm On May 24, 2015
imcam:

means d team is beatable, lets go boys we are winning

Brazil won 1 0
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by linked: 6:30pm On May 24, 2015
linked:
Comparing the AYC squad and the WYC team in retrospect on paper

Could it really be said that the WYC squad is an upgrade of the AYC squad.? Well here are the squad members of the AYC team that lost their places to the WYC recruits... Whats your take?

AYC TEAM
Saheed AbdulGaniyu -
Samuel Okon Greater - Tommorrow Academy
Christian Pyagbara - Dolphins
Abdullahi Alfa - Abuja Football College
Obinna Nwobodo - Enugu Rangers
Alhassan 'Muazam' Ibrahim - Kalmar FF
Usman Hassan Saleh - Wikki Tourist
Wasiu Jimoh - Kwara Football Academy

WYC TEAM
Wilfred Ndidi (KRC Genk, Belgium)
Chidiebere Nwakali (Manchester City, England)
Kingsley Sokari (Enyimba FC)
Musa Yahaya (Tottenham FC, England)
Godwin Saviour (FC Sports)
Kelechi Iheanacho (Manchester City, England)
Moses Simon (KAA Gent, Belgium)
Success Isaac (Granada FC, Spain)

A closer look into this list is quite revealing.... Especially as claimed, the latter edged the former during the germany camp in performance... It becomes clear that the advantages of European academies isnt just hype smiley
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by lexyman(m): 6:31pm On May 24, 2015
tbaba1234:

Brazil won 1 0

This set of Brazilian under 20 doesn't score many goals , they play defensive style of football and this will hunt them against the super flying eagles .... In their competition they struggled all through .
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by linked: 6:35pm On May 24, 2015
lexyman:

This set of Brazilian under 20 doesn't score many goals , they play defensive style of football and this will hunt them against the super flying eagles .... In their competition they struggled all through .
Not exactly... The flying eagles usually struggle more with very defensive teams.... E. g Ivory coast @ both u17 and u20 AYC

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by lexyman(m): 6:37pm On May 24, 2015
linked:
A closer look into this list is quite revealing.... Especially as claimed, the latter edged the former during the germany camp in performance... It becomes clear that the advantages of European academies isnt just hype smiley

Well said bro !but the Obinna nwobodo was injured also other guys in the list are not push over , the best was selected from the best .
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:40pm On May 24, 2015
TheSuperNerd:

Nice comparative analysis there Sir btw Awoniyi and Anelka. They do luk similar in a lot of ways but Awoniyi is still one unique talent. His build and finishing( he's still improving here and has d potential to be more clinical than anelka) are similar to anelka. But when it comes to work rate, Awoniyi is miles ahead wen anelka was his age.
Abt Nacho, You hv a point with the Henry left foot comparison but remember as a whole Nacho is more like a Messi but still unique coz he cud be more.

You are accurate when it comes to Awoniyi's work rate being ahead of a young Anelka. You can add Awoniyi being ahead to Anelka when it comes to discipline play and team work. Awoniyi has what it takes to become a better player than Nicholas Anelka.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by lexyman(m): 6:45pm On May 24, 2015
linked:
Not exactly... The flying eagles usually struggle more with very defensive teams.... E. g Ivory coast @ both u17 and u20 AYC

Ivory Coast wasn't a defensive side , they've been the team rival right from onset .and I will say they played more of physical football than any team in d AYC . Brazil was never known to be a defensive team .something went wrong somewhere ,at the end they went ahead to change their coach .the new coach tactics will be different . I know he will not get it right cos the time is too short for him .
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:49pm On May 24, 2015
TheSuperNerd:

LeeCodeman is absolutely correct about the Manu Garba-led Technical crew being THE TRUE STARS of the team. They hv done things meticulously and with near perfect Sincerity and honesty. I can go on and on abt this crew but much words need not be said here... LET'S GO GET THAT CUP AND BRING IT HOME!

And uhm, Sir GoodJoe... I'm sure you know this but just mixed it up a little... Keshi coached the u-20 class (not u-17) of 2001 at the Ayc held in Ethiopia. Angola emerged champions and went on to finish in the 2nd round at the wyc. Ghana were runners-up and went on to take silver at the wyc inspired by michael essien and co. They lost to a javier saviola-inspired argentina

Ghana did not just lose to Argentina. That was a massacre. D'Alesandro and Saviola, ran sriot that day.

Pardon my mix up, this thing is not today.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by lexyman(m): 6:53pm On May 24, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

You are accurate when it comes to Awoniyi's work rate being ahead of a young Anelka. You can and Awoniyi being ahead to Anelka when it comes to discipline play and team work. Awoniyi has what it takes to become a better player than Nicholas Anelka.

U guys have been fantastic with ur analysis! Let me chip in this .i read in one of Awoniy's interview, when they asked him among the strikers in d world who does he want to model in style like. He said " he said he doesn't have a particular player on his mind ,but he want to pick some special thing from all of them . So ,u can imagine the brilliant response and d way he's playing now , combining Anelka , Henry , ibrahimovic and some wicked style of Delema all in one !

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:53pm On May 24, 2015
Icon4s:

That tells u dat age, physique and experience counts in football. A lesson for those that are clamouring for the U20s to form d back bone of a New Super Eagles

The home based clubs of the Super Six tournament were bigger and stronger than our lads of the flying eagles. The flying eagles beat them.

What of Ghana's team of the 2010 World Cup that comprised of players of their 2009 Under - 20 World cup squad. Did they not do well representing their national team against opponents physically stronger than themthem?

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by linked: 6:54pm On May 24, 2015
In the next two days, I'll be on vacation from this thread until the eagles hit NZ.... Enjoy guys cool

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:59pm On May 24, 2015
I read on a Man City forum that when the Coaches at the Etihad Campus are done with Nacho,they will make a Messi out of him.

But, I feel Nacho is a bit more direct in his play than Messi. Nacho does not spend time skinning and making meals of players. As a forward, he is business oriented.

TheSuperNerd:

Well Sir, I saw this kinda late but like SafariGirl said, he was dropped. I really felt for the lad coz he's very gifted but like manu garba said in an interview, he has selected the best of the best and the most technically-balanced players for the task ahead. SO RELAX... Coz THE CLASS IS NOW IN SESSION PRE-TOURNAMENT.... From June 1, The Ante-tournament session begins 4 us... A bientot.
And uhm, SafariGirl... Thanks for answering the dude's question even though some forumites mite see d question as 'Ignorance on display' considering how long ago the 21-man list was unveiled. The truth is not many people are actually current with this team, so let's bear with them and keep bearing with one another. Thanks again Miss...
And I want to add that the little comparison u made btw messi vs boateng and Nacho vs dat man utd u21 player is truly Spot On!!! I've always told them on Sl10 that Nacho reminds me of messi (fortunately most agree with me). I believe that as Messi is to barca and argentina so is Iheanacho to Nigeria and soon enough man city(he's already the star man for the man city Eds).
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:04pm On May 24, 2015
linked:

Note, those players were already stars of the team before they joined their European sides. Godwin Saviour made drastic improvement here in Nigeria which is actually a testament of the great work going on in our academies.

We can only talk of Simon Moses.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Nobody: 7:08pm On May 24, 2015
linked:

Spot on brother..
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by femi9naija(m): 7:34pm On May 24, 2015
Let this competition end first before we compare our players. Though i really believe in this team but I'll wait till after the World cup to say anything.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by AIG07: 7:49pm On May 24, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Note, those players were already stars of the team before they joined their European sides. Godwin Saviour made drastic improvement here in Nigeria which is actually a testament of the great work going on in our academies.

We can only talk of Simon Moses.
i agree wit U sir, I think we 're getting it right in term of grassroot football development in this nation. The bulk of players from this current team are from various football academies across d nation. Having gone tru d list of teams that qualified for this edition. I realised that countries like Spain n d English that boast a very good academy programmes are missing out-de've gotten it wrong somewhere... yet still d english believes that d high influx of foreigners in their leagues is affecting their national teams. Well, thats their own palaver. Thumbs up to our Academies. As Mikron do say 'Great talents abound in this country'-no doubt about that!
#FLY flyingEAGLES

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by dwag: 8:16pm On May 24, 2015
linked:
exactly what I thought not until they mess the iranian side up @the fifa u17 wc which where the best defensive side.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by mikron(m): 8:32pm On May 24, 2015
tbaba1234:
Our friends, Tahiti beat Argentina under 20 3-1.
are u serious? In a friendly or what?
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 9:10pm On May 24, 2015
mikron:
are u serious? In a friendly or what?

Yes..
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joxxy01(m): 9:32pm On May 24, 2015
Brazil defeated Portugal 1-0 at Kogarah Oval in the final friendly match before the U20 World Cup gets underway in New Zealand next weekend. The first half was devoid of clear cut chances, the second half an entertaining affair which saw chances at both ends, Real Madrid striker Jean Carlos scoring the winner in the 68th minute. Read Matthew Marshall’s report and listen to his interview with Portugal coach Hélio Sousa. Hélio Sousa selected a 4-3-3 formation with counterpart Rogerio Micale setting his team up in a 4-2-3-1 with Judivan leading the line. Marcos Guilherme looked dangerous for Brazil in the opening stages as he found plenty of open space on the left wing. Portugal were struggling to make an impact, André Silva unable to control Ivo’s pass over the Brazilian defence. Kenedy’s bicycle shot went over the bar after nice work from Gabriel, who in combination with right back João Pedro were giving Rafa and the Portuguese defence plenty to think about. Goalkeeper André Moreira was replaced by Tiago Sá after 30 minutes. André Silva was an isolated figure up front, Portugal’s midfield trio of Podstawski, Ramos and Lopes unable to impress as they were busy nullifying the Brazilian threat. Brazil’s midfield duo of Boschilia and Sporting Braga’s Danilo were bossing the game as Gabriel raced through the Portuguese defence with his shot wide. Portugal's starting line-up João Nunes earned the first yellow card of the game as he stopped another dangerous Brazilian attack, Portugal with their first sustained attack coming in the 39th minute, Gelson Martin’s volley well wide of goal. Rony Lopes pushed higher up to support André Silva as the gap between the Porto striker and his supporting cast was alarmingly vast. The game opened up five minutes before half time, Brazil continuing to put sustained pressure on Portugal’s left back Rafa with Rebocho on the right flank also held back by the Brazilian threat. Micale brought Real Madrid striker Jean Carlos and Marseille’s Alef on at half time, Brazil continuing on the front foot with Jean Carlos looking particularly dangerous. Rony Lopes sustained a head injury which triggered a triple substitution from Hélio Sousa, Bikel, Guzzo and Nuno Santos replacing Rony Lopes, Chico Ramos and Ivo Tiago. Danilo’s shot bounced awkwardly in front of Sá with the Sporting Braga keeper doing well to divert it out for a corner but Portugal were getting into the game. Sousa’s substitutions were providing much more attacking threat and support for André Silva but Portugal were exposing themselves in defence. Gelson Martins produced a fine pass to Nuno Santos with his shot going wide but shortly after Brazil took the lead. Caju got into a dangerous position and crossed into the box, the Portuguese defence unable to clear the danger which allowed Jean Carlos to pounce, his left footed shot smashed into the goal off the inside of the post. Tempers flare Brazil broke free shortly after, a 4 on 4 with no shot eventuating before Sousa made two changes, Gonçalo Guedes replacing Gelson Martins out wide and Riquicho giving Rebocho a break at right-back. Rafa’s shot from distance went over the bar before Caju showed some samba technique to please the crowd, bamboozling the Portuguese defence with some silky skills down the left flank. Sousa brought on Estrela for Chico Ramos and João Vigario for André Silva up front as Portugal tried to find the equaliser. Guzzo shot wide as Portugal pressed, a succession of corners led to Guedes’ snap shot well saved by Jean. An unfortunate incident in the final minutes saw Nuno Santos appear to stamp on Caju while the defender was on the ground, players converging and tempers flaring (pictured) before order was restored and the match ended in friendly fashion. Brazil deserved the narrow win as Portugal were unable to pose any serious threat in the first half. Sousa’s substitutions provided more attacking emphasis in the second half but Brazil demonstrated superior technical ability on the day. Jean Carlos scored the winning goal and he appears to be one of the Brazilian players of the future alongside Guilherme and Boschilia. Sousa surely has much more up his sleeve before the World Cup kicks off for Portugal against Senegal in seven days time. Gonçalo Guedes looked dangerous off the bench as André Silva will surely need more assistance in the attacking third if Portugal are to score the goals they need to succeed in the tournament. Forca!
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by P0intBlank(m): 9:34pm On May 24, 2015
Icon4s:

That tells u dat age, physique and experience counts in football. A lesson for those that are clamouring for the U20s to form d back bone of a New Super Eagles

I see ur point except that we can't tell how good the Argentinean U-20 side is. That they lost doesn't necessarily mean d Nigerian U-20 side would also lose to Tahiti Senior team.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by mikron(m): 9:44pm On May 24, 2015
LeeCodeman:

Bro, I mean no insult but this your question dey vex me. Haba...if you no no, at least ask in whispers. Haba...

Wait...are you a football fan. If not, you are excused.

If you are, then I'm disappointed.

No more comments.
i tire for this him question sef
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by P0intBlank(m): 9:53pm On May 24, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

The home based clubs of the Super Six tournament were bigger and stronger than our lads of the flying eagles. The flying eagles them.

What of Ghana's team of the 2010 World Cup that comprised of players of their 2009 Under - 20 World cup squad. Did they not do well representing their national team against opponents physically stronger than themthem?

U have a valid point but I think u exaggerated a bit. Only 4 of 23 players in Ghana's 2010 world cup team came from the 2009 U-20 winning team.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 10:12pm On May 24, 2015
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 10:13pm On May 24, 2015
L-R: Alampasu, Awoniyi, Ezeh

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 10:13pm On May 24, 2015
Bernard Bulbwa

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (232) (Reply)

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.