Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,570 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:20 AM

Amazing Before-and-after VFX Shots From Your Favorite Movies - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Amazing Before-and-after VFX Shots From Your Favorite Movies (13713 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / Who is your Favorite Nigerian Movie Star? (actor or actress) / What Are Your Favorite Movies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amazing Before-and-after VFX Shots From Your Favorite Movies by Nobody: 5:40am On Jun 30, 2014
Please, is that elegushi rim real
By the way, Nice concepts.
Re: Amazing Before-and-after VFX Shots From Your Favorite Movies by Brimmie(m): 5:41am On Jun 30, 2014
Yhup!!
Re: Amazing Before-and-after VFX Shots From Your Favorite Movies by MabraO: 5:42am On Jun 30, 2014
DesChyko: Not impressed by this brainwashing at all.. Kai.. See Life of Pi sha.. So it was just a balloon thing..

Not brainwashing but innovative ideas
U don't expect them to use a live tiger to act d movie?

That's y dey use special cameras and spends more

Really cool pix tho I likey

2 Likes

Re: Amazing Before-and-after VFX Shots From Your Favorite Movies by MabraO: 5:44am On Jun 30, 2014
Brimmie: Yhup!!

Realatu ni
Re: Amazing Before-and-after VFX Shots From Your Favorite Movies by kobonaire(m): 5:46am On Jun 30, 2014
Wow - wonderful thread. Now I know all the Hollywood tricks.
Re: Amazing Before-and-after VFX Shots From Your Favorite Movies by DesChyko: 5:46am On Jun 30, 2014
MabraO:
U don't expect them to use a live tiger to act d movie?

Uhh.. Actually, I was.. An adult Bengal tiger specifically..
I was thinking in the line of owning one till this heartbreak sad
Re: Amazing Before-and-after VFX Shots From Your Favorite Movies by Nobody: 5:47am On Jun 30, 2014
OLYMPUS HAS FALLEN 2013.

The film opens with the US President (Aaron Eckart), First Lady (Ashley Judd) and his security detail, headed by Secret Service agent Mike Banning (Gerard Butler),driving from Camp David during a blizzard. As the motorcade travels down a mountain road, an accident forces the presidential limo off the side of a bridge the First Lady dies,fell off the bridge with the Limo cos her seat belt got stuck but the President was saved by Agent Banning...
Filming took place in Shreveport, Louisiana in mid-
Summer, which meant the majority of snowy
backgrounds had to be completed digitally. Car interiors were shot as greenscreen plates. “The skidding was happening because of black ice,” notes overall visual effcts supervisor Evan Jacobs. “We did some tests with real cars skidding on a wetted-down pavement, but it just didn’t look right. So we went with CG cars.For where the actors are standing we built a 20×80 foot set bridge with a greenscreen around it, and a teeter tog rig with the car.” Ghost VFX in Denmark handled effects for the sequence, including backgrounds, snow and the digital cars. The studio also extended the bridge, the trees, and created the river below.

"Banning is going".
"Hold it back"

Re: Amazing Before-and-after VFX Shots From Your Favorite Movies by MabraO: 6:01am On Jun 30, 2014
DesChyko:

Uhh.. Actually, I was.. An adult Bengal tiger specifically..
I was thinking in the line of owning one till this heartbreak sad

grin. grin
Sorry for the heart break
But it still shouldn't stop u from owning one

It seems d Bengal tigers re more friendly than other yea?
Re: Amazing Before-and-after VFX Shots From Your Favorite Movies by DesChyko: 6:04am On Jun 30, 2014
MabraO:
It seems d Bengal tigers re more friendly than other yea?

Lol.. I am unworthy to answer this question.. Hehehe.. Even Pi doesn't feel same way in reality.
Re: Amazing Before-and-after VFX Shots From Your Favorite Movies by davidif: 6:17am On Jun 30, 2014
Finally, an eye enlightening thread.
Re: Amazing Before-and-after VFX Shots From Your Favorite Movies by Nobody: 6:29am On Jun 30, 2014
Mehn hollywood is d shlt, even avatar was made in a room wif all d motion sensors fixed 2 d performers body, dats gr8
Re: Amazing Before-and-after VFX Shots From Your Favorite Movies by Nobody: 6:31am On Jun 30, 2014
sad so that's it..
Lol cheesy
Re: Amazing Before-and-after VFX Shots From Your Favorite Movies by Nobody: 6:34am On Jun 30, 2014
@op,abeg, can u lay ur hands on that of fast and furious Pls.
Re: Amazing Before-and-after VFX Shots From Your Favorite Movies by Koolmexxi(m): 6:39am On Jun 30, 2014
Chaii, OP don spoil my mind oooo. Now I no go dey watch Oyibowood movies with the same eye again. So most of Wetin we dey see na effects?? We sure say d characters no b toys too??
Jus kidding sha. Dat's y wen I hear our naijawood rambling about competing with Oyibowood I jus laugh in Korean.
Re: Amazing Before-and-after VFX Shots From Your Favorite Movies by Uchwilliam(m): 6:43am On Jun 30, 2014
Game of thrones

Re: Amazing Before-and-after VFX Shots From Your Favorite Movies by cirmuell(m): 6:53am On Jun 30, 2014
lol some of us know this all along now...there use to be this tv program on one of lagos' tv channels back then that show behind the scene of hollywood movies! I'm telling yhu Hollywood is simply the best, no one can beat 'em @ their game!
Re: Amazing Before-and-after VFX Shots From Your Favorite Movies by ITbomb(m): 7:00am On Jun 30, 2014
Will post Spartacus when I'm on system

1 Like

Re: Amazing Before-and-after VFX Shots From Your Favorite Movies by IceSplash(f): 7:08am On Jun 30, 2014
Hollywood!!
Re: Amazing Before-and-after VFX Shots From Your Favorite Movies by Oahray: 7:45am On Jun 30, 2014
It's the reason Hollywood is the best. They think out of the box and their creativity is second to none. Unlike a certain Nollywood churning out boring 'documentaries' they call movies. No interesting action, no effects, nothing.
Re: Amazing Before-and-after VFX Shots From Your Favorite Movies by ovalrose(f): 8:05am On Jun 30, 2014
how very enlightening! i always wondered how they manage to destroy so many buildings,cars,etc or where in the world forests and waterfalls and deserts like those in the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings were found. this is a truly amazing eye opener. awesome!! i shall never be confounded again,hehehehhe
Re: Amazing Before-and-after VFX Shots From Your Favorite Movies by ovalrose(f): 8:07am On Jun 30, 2014
pls excuse my mistake,there were no deserts in either Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit.
Re: Amazing Before-and-after VFX Shots From Your Favorite Movies by hayoakins(m): 8:13am On Jun 30, 2014
Incredible...

Please, help me close my mouth shocked
Re: Amazing Before-and-after VFX Shots From Your Favorite Movies by fabolakers(m): 9:01am On Jun 30, 2014
I'm speechless like Michael Jackson.
Re: Amazing Before-and-after VFX Shots From Your Favorite Movies by doeying(m): 9:38am On Jun 30, 2014
and there is that man that named his twins HOLLYWOOD and NOLLYWOOD...how would Nolly ever excel beyond Holly?
Re: Amazing Before-and-after VFX Shots From Your Favorite Movies by adexsimply(m): 9:53am On Jun 30, 2014
Hollywood is something else entirely. When I watched "making of Avatar " I was like, wow! To think that Pandora was actually simulated in a studio? That Jake sully was not even using any costume ? I thought of changing my line of work after watching those guys at work.
angry
Re: Amazing Before-and-after VFX Shots From Your Favorite Movies by adexsimply(m): 9:54am On Jun 30, 2014
ovalrose: pls excuse my mistake,there were no deserts in either Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit.
Nope.
Re: Amazing Before-and-after VFX Shots From Your Favorite Movies by Ogarj(m): 10:01am On Jun 30, 2014
Incredibly Wonderful. Wow
Re: Amazing Before-and-after VFX Shots From Your Favorite Movies by iamord(m): 10:15am On Jun 30, 2014
john_shagb: Deadly Honeymoon
jesu!!! See wash.. Nollywood an co are yet to even being learners
Re: Amazing Before-and-after VFX Shots From Your Favorite Movies by iamord(m): 10:22am On Jun 30, 2014
john_shagb: Life of pie
I feel like a fool, scammed and betrayed after seeing this .. Omg.. I thought the tiger was real.. So what about the baboon, zebra and hyena? We have a lot to learn in this part of the world and stop making noise.we don't have a system
Re: Amazing Before-and-after VFX Shots From Your Favorite Movies by iamord(m): 10:24am On Jun 30, 2014
john_shagb: Life of pi
bollywood making sense
Re: Amazing Before-and-after VFX Shots From Your Favorite Movies by Henuvia1: 10:28am On Jun 30, 2014
recordable...
Re: Amazing Before-and-after VFX Shots From Your Favorite Movies by vivaciousvivi(f): 10:29am On Jun 30, 2014
Ahhhh...the wonders of "Green screen". cheesy
Ugly Betty. No rival! grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Got Talent.. Bad Judges / 'Nigerian Idol’ Music Reality TV Show Returns / Bbnaija: Seyi Apologises To Mike, Cruisetopia Teammates (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.