Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,197 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:09 PM

Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) (84465 Views)

Nigerian Pharmacist Reveals What Constant Sex Will Do To You / Ask Me Anything On Drugs And Supplements / Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by adeoladrg(m): 5:19pm On Jul 17, 2014
nouveaux: satan is stalking you closely

Or the Devil is playing Ludo with his brain grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jul 17, 2014
ziga:

Nice. Is he stalking me for speaking the truth against his agents of evil?

And God is stalking you closely for all the evil you are doing!!!
I was yawning while reading this. Too boring. Try again.
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by uzoexcel(m): 2:50pm On Jul 29, 2014
@zeezahbee
i have trouble sleeping at night and its kinda affecting me...been doing a lot of academic work and its taking a toll and affecting my sleeping pattern. Takes me close to 2 hours lying on my bed before i can get to sleep. A friend asked me to take 'sleeping tablets' but i dunno if its good healthwise. Are there downsides/after effects for taking drugs to force one to sleep?
regards!!!!!
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by Kericoo(m): 4:22pm On Jul 29, 2014
Please what is the best Drug for Treating Staph? I have Tried many Antibiotics but the infection will come back after 2 - 3 weeks..
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by mkoabiola: 11:20am On Jul 30, 2014
Ds thread has been derailed by e-quacks.
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by tbatbaby(f): 2:38pm On Jul 31, 2014
hi pharmpls i want to know if i can take NORVASC drug.i am 27years of age n av been aving high BP.i complained to a doc n he pescribed moduretic for me,buh i am aving chest pain seriously n couldnt sleep well,pls help with a gud advice!
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by mamaoge: 3:51pm On Jul 31, 2014
Dear Pharmacist,

How safe is it to administer tablets to children of 5-7 years of age? I read on some syrup labels that children of up to 12 years can take syrup, if so why do some hospitals give tablets (like paracetamol) to children of this age range? Can their livers cope with tablets? Pls educate us.

Thank you.
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by clily: 4:55pm On Jul 31, 2014
Gud pm all, pls is there any drugs I can take to delay my period for at least two days..cos I hv done my calculations and it shows dat my period wil start exactly d day or a day before my wedding ceremony and dat would realy affect my big day.tnx
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by zeezahbee(f): 5:17am On Aug 02, 2014
Kericoo: Please what is the best Drug for Treating Staph? I have Tried many Antibiotics but the infection will come back after 2 - 3 weeks..
go for a test first to know which drugs you will work fine for you

@all, sorry I haven't replied in a while, been trying to settle down in the united states. The posts here are so hilarious. Chaii. Naija I hail o. Anyways I will take time to reply all the sensible posts one after the other. Thanks
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by zeezahbee(f): 5:37am On Aug 02, 2014
Wendy80: Hello,
Pls it proper to give a child malaria drug monthly even when the child is not sick?
its wrong and dangerous. Although they are drugs to prevent malaria.mosquitoes cause this disease, it is important to keep mosquitoes at bay. Try to keep your surroundings free of mosquito breeding grounds, such as stagnant water. Get rid of old flower pots, vases, air coolers and other items that collect water.

You can follow other preventive measures:
Dressing your child in light-coloured clothing. Dark colours attract mosquitoes.
Dressing her in long-sleeved and full length garments to avoid skin exposure.
Staying in air-conditioned or cool areas. Mosquitoes do not thrive in cold temperatures.
Using oil-based creams and sprays or other mosquito repellents.
Using mosquito nets while sleeping, not only at night but also during her daytime naps.
Keeping your child away from hedges and bushes when in the park. These are areas where mosquitoes are commonly found.

Note: if you are in high-risk area, you can adminster Malarone®
Malarone tablets contain two medicines: proguanil hydrochloride and atovaquone. Start giving malarone 1-2 days before entering the high-risk area. Give it regularly while you are in the high-risk area, and continue to give it for 1 week after leaving that area.

2 Likes

Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by Kericoo(m): 7:14am On Aug 02, 2014
zeezahbee: go for a test first to know which drugs you will work fine for you

@all, sorry I haven't replied in a while, been trying to settle down in the united states. The posts here are so hilarious. Chaii. Naija I hail o. Anyways I will take time to reply all the sensible posts one after the other. Thanks

Yeah i have done that but the drugs the lab scientist recommend did not have an effect on it, it returned after one week..
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by omoerelu1: 3:14pm On Aug 02, 2014
I just saw this thread and saw a need to correct some things.
@o.p,you are doing a great job informing people about their health. nice job so far. but my problem is with the prescription of some drugs. anti tuberculi shouldn't be prescribed online. the patient needs to be properly examined and counselled. and also the prescription of some POM . and also the issue with the prednisolone. Nigerians love to abuse drugs as long as it works for them. so please be careful with whatever drug you are asking them to use or better still tell them to visit the hospital for proper examination.
and@the doctors,haba, we are not fighting. true,she did some things wrong,but there are better ways of correcting people. we are colleagues and not enemies. correcting her that way will make you look like bad people to the ordinary man benefiting from her advice, meanwhile you are only trying to help. abeg,our aim is to all work together to move nigeria's health care system to the next level.

4 Likes

Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by topfally75(m): 4:32pm On Aug 02, 2014
Pls. Is it true dat an expired drug has a grace of 3-6 months frm d date of expiry.
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by thegeneral84: 12:23am On Aug 03, 2014
mamaoge: Dear Pharmacist,

How safe is it to administer tablets to children of 5-7 years of age? I read on some syrup labels that children of up to 12 years can take syrup, if so why do some hospitals give tablets (like paracetamol) to children of this age range? Can their livers cope with tablets? Pls educate us.

Thank you.
Syrup is usually sweetened to make it easier for children to swallow. What is important is the amount of "active" drug component in a particular quantity of syrup. An equivalent amount of tablet can be given if the child can swallow it. Sometimes u may be advised to dissolve the tablet with "something sweet" (thus creating a syrup) before giving to the child. Equivalent doses of tablet and syrup are the same and d child's liver will handle both the same way.

2 Likes

Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by thegeneral84: 1:12am On Aug 03, 2014
tbatbaby: hi pharmpls i want to know if i can take NORVASC drug.i am 27years of age n av been aving high BP.i complained to a doc n he pescribed moduretic for me,buh i am aving chest pain seriously n couldnt sleep well,pls help with a gud advice!
at your age some lifestyle modifications would help reduce your BP and may even eliminate the need for drugs till very much later in life. However, if ur BP was very high, u ll need drugs to lower it. The following lifestyle changes would help :
1) exercises: mild/moderate aerobic exercises (jogging, cycling, swimming, skipping rope, etc) about 3-4 times each week. Note that the important thing here is "constancy" NOT "severity" of the exercise.
2) diet: no additional salt after cooking.
Take lots of vegetables and fruits (banana contains lots of potassium which helps BP regulation).
Reduce consumption of simple sugars like carbonated drinks even the so-called "low sugar" ones. Also reduce intake of high calorie processed foods like indomie.
Reduce alcohol intake but stop smoking totally.
Fresh Fish, turkey, chicken are preferable to red meat like beef.
3) lifestyle: lead a more active lifestyle eg stroll to the eatery/atm instead of driving; pound your crayfish/pepper instead of blending; clean the house yourself instead of having d help do it, etc.
Doing the above would start showing their effect in BP reduction in about a month, so don't be discouraged if after a week or two, it "seems" not to be working.
NORVASC is a BP drug (amlodipine actually). U need to be evaluated to determine if you would require both drugs or just one of them.
About your chest pain, it could be a number of possibilities. U should see a doctor for proper evaluation.

2 Likes

Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by ziga: 1:18am On Aug 03, 2014
thegeneral84:
Syrup is usually sweetened to make it easier for children to swallow. What is important is the amount of "active" drug component in a particular quantity of syrup. An equivalent amount of tablet can be given if the child can swallow it. Sometimes u may be advised to dissolve the tablet with "something sweet" (thus creating a syrup) before giving to the child. Equivalent doses of tablet and syrup are the same and d child's liver will handle both the same way.

Thank you for your professional responses.

1 Like

Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by thegeneral84: 1:30am On Aug 03, 2014
ziga:

Thank you for your professional responses.
u're welcome.
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by sisiafrika(f): 10:43am On Aug 04, 2014
I think this is better than the bickering
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by niggi4life(m): 11:00am On Aug 06, 2014
Hello DOC in the house,
I went for a checkup yesterday to check my bp and it was 181, the doc there told me it was on the very high side considering my age(32), i used to be a heavy smoker and drinker before but i have totally gave the smoking up(about 3months now) and drink once in a week.
I do walk for about 15mins daily, i am 5feet10 and weigh about 90kg. What else would i need to do to ensure my bp is totally normal?
Please kindly help a brother
Thanks
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by santakris(m): 5:38am On Aug 07, 2014
Hi, I have been battling this ulcer for about 10 years now. It comes and goes at interval. It mostly disturb me in the middle of the night and leave in the morning. It didn't allow me to sleep through out today. Kindly help on how to tackle this thing. NB: I have been using cimetidin and it cure it well each time I used it. I'm a man in mid 30ties.
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by queenet246(f): 9:16am On Aug 09, 2014
Please pharm in the house or OP rather, I ran some tests and the drugs they are giving me are way too costly, I would need ur help as in to advice me on the Nigerian medicines that are equivalent to d ones they prescribed. Its all this there foreign meds. Thanks as I await ur response.
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by sisiafrika(f): 5:18pm On Aug 09, 2014
queenet246: Please pharm in the house or OP rather, I ran some tests and the drugs they are giving me are way too costly, I would need ur help as in to advice me on the Nigerian medicines that are equivalent to d ones they prescribed. Its all this there foreign meds. Thanks as I await ur response.
. I doubt the OP is a witch or anyone here is. Give the names of your medicines.

1 Like

Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by queenet246(f): 6:39pm On Aug 09, 2014
sisiafrika: . I doubt the OP is a witch or anyone here is. Give the names of your medicines.

I just know the names of the diseases and not d meds cos the names are not written. Thanks
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by ceo003: 9:33am On Aug 10, 2014
its not to ask a pharmacist its the best hospital you need there is a hospital in lagos that can cure most ailments call me on 07089728887 for directions ill give you their address and phone number
when your life is concerned dont consider how much it will cost
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by queenet246(f): 7:24am On Aug 12, 2014
@zheezabee please talk to me. Have u succumbed to their rantings? Cos I hv been seeing u online in other sections.
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by bammytal: 11:49am On Aug 12, 2014
niggi4life: Hello DOC in the house,
I went for a checkup yesterday to check my bp and it was 181, the doc there told me it was on the very high side considering my age(32), i used to be a heavy smoker and drinker before but i have totally gave the smoking up(about 3months now) and drink once in a week.
I do walk for about 15mins daily, i am 5feet10 and weigh about 90kg. What else would i need to do to ensure my bp is totally normal?
Please kindly help a brother
Thanks

I can help you with the ALKALINE NANO ENERGY CUP / WATER STICK which will remove all the deposit of this smoking in your body system and regulate your blood pressure gradually.

It removes smoke toxins, alcohol toxins, because these toxins are the ones that shot up your blood pressure. I promise you, you will come back on this forum to testify.

Just holla me 08090555060, it's free.
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by santakris(m): 11:51am On Aug 12, 2014
santakris: Hi, I have been battling this ulcer for about 10 years now. It comes and goes at interval. It mostly disturb me in the middle of the night and leave in the morning. It didn't allow me to sleep through out today. Kindly help on how to tackle this thing. NB: I have been using cimetidin and it cure it well each time I used it. I'm a man in mid 30ties.
. Waiting
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by bammytal: 1:19pm On Aug 12, 2014
santakris: . Waiting

Have you heard about ALKALINE NANO ENERGY CUP / WATER STICK?
This is a product made from natural nano cpmplex materials to reduce the acidic level in our body through the water we drink. From research, we understand that our body is about 70% water, human brain is 85% water, the water in the blood is 82%, the water in the bone is 25% and the water in the muscle is 75%. 99% of the water we all drink is acidic therefore making our bodies prone to all kinds of sickness and diseases.

This cup naturally makes the drinking water to be alkaline, neutralizes all the acidic substances in your body which is the main cause of all ailments and diseases. By drinking this water it purifies th blood, improves the cardiocascular system and many more. I have used it and so is everyone around me, it works. it will erase anything called ulcer in your body.

I can send you a detailed informatio on how it works and where to get it at a very cheap and affordable price. Just send ur email to dmdnano@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by HealthIssues(m): 2:49pm On Aug 12, 2014
adeoladrg: Nice one pharm! Did you finish from OOU?
A NEW & EFFECTIVE WAY OF TREATING HIV/AIDS HAS JUST BEEN DISCOVERED!!!
Interested on the discovery? Kindly send a private email request to info@hivaidssolution.com now!
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by santakris(m): 4:24pm On Aug 12, 2014
bammytal:

Have you heard about ALKALINE NANO ENERGY CUP / WATER STICK?
This is a product made from natural nano cpmplex materials to reduce the acidic level in our body through the water we drink. From research, we understand that our body is about 70% water, human brain is 85% water, the water in the blood is 82%, the water in the bone is 25% and the water in the muscle is 75%. 99% of the water we all drink is acidic therefore making our bodies prone to all kinds of sickness and diseases.

This cup naturally makes the drinking water to be alkaline, neutralizes all the acidic substances in your body which is the main cause of all ailments and diseases. By drinking this water it purifies th blood, improves the cardiocascular system and many more. I have used it and so is everyone around me, it works. it will erase anything called ulcer in your body.

I can send you a detailed informatio on how it works and where to get it at a very cheap and affordable price. Just send ur email to dmdnano@gmail.com

U gat mail sir.
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by adeoladrg(m): 10:53am On Aug 15, 2014
Dear patients, everyone,
queenet246

Zeezahbee hasn't avoided this thread, she hasn't succumbed to their antics. The reason for her absence is that she gets a ban anytime she posts on this thread.

Dear mods, I demand an explanation! She made some mistakes, we were supposed to move on from there! Why the ban? Dominique plss.
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by dominique(f): 12:19pm On Aug 15, 2014
adeoladrg: Dear patients, everyone,
queenet246

Zeezahbee hasn't avoided this thread, she hasn't succumbed to their antics. The reason for her absence is that she gets a ban anytime she posts on this thread.

Dear mods, I demand an explanation! She made some mistakes, we were supposed to move on from there! Why the ban? Dominique plss.

The spam bots are responsible for the ban. I've unblocked her post that was blocked on 2nd of August, you can scroll up and check. Next time such a thing happens, you can reach me via the 'mail mods' feature or using the report button on any post on the thread. you can also complain on the nl/general complaints thread which I follow.

And please be careful when recommending drugs without proper tests and diagnosis.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits / WHO Advices People To Wear Face-Masks In Public / Coronavirus: China Accuses US Army Of Bringing Virus To Wuhan, Sparks Outrage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.