Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,262 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits (84553 Views)

Are There Any Side Effects Of Using Methylated Spirit To Aid Beard Growth?? / Ways You Can Get An STD Without Being Intimate / Have You Had Severe Side Effects From Camoquin (pfizer)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by TRADELYN: 4:13pm On Jun 30, 2014
Good Day!

Thanks for taking time to contribute.

This is aimed at gathering reliable information about the subject matter (Market Research).

An intimate wash is used to take good care of the private parts. It's more common to find ladies/women using it since they are more prone to contracting Infections, Bad Odour, etc, unlike Men. It fights bacteria, gives it pleasant/fresh smell, etc.

We hereby need you to objectively make your input.

Have you used any before? If yes, please kindly tell us if it suits you and you are loyal to it; and its cost. If no, please give reason(s). Would you prefer soap and water? What are the side effects of the present one you are using? Would you buy any, or you would never buy/use any?

1 Like

Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by TRADELYN: 4:19pm On Jun 30, 2014
Please kindly contribute.
Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by TRADELYN: 4:36pm On Jun 30, 2014
Please kindly contribute.
Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jun 30, 2014
I am against intimate washes for 1 simple reason... Your body doesn't need to mask bad odors. Non-fragrant, mild soap is enough to keep you clean while maintaining the healthy amount of flora contained in your female Instruments. Simple, cotton underwear, or at least breathable fabric is recommended. Discharge is healthy during your cycle, from ovulation to pms to menstruation. It should not smell foul... if it does then consider that you have an infection. There are some home-tests available at the pharmacy to see which type of infection you have... from UTI to yeast. If you mask the smell of infection you can be doing more harm than good. I was once a firm believer of Summer's Eve wash...until I fell violently ill from a sharp pain in my flank... turned out I had a kidney infection, which started as a UTI. I live in Canada, the treatment was fast, and clean. God forbid my sisters in other places suffer from the same fate.

Raspberry leaf tea, cranberry juice and plain yoghurt are all ways to improve uterine, bladder and promote healthy flora.

24 Likes

Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by cdamsel(f): 7:03pm On Jun 30, 2014
I don't do intimate wash,i guess I have never had reason to use 'em.

In my opinion the foul smell comes from one being unclean (IMO)

Nothing intimate wash would do that mild soaps would do,not like I won't even use 'em but maybe just out of curiosity would make me wanna try them & see the difference.

Abeg where u from tag all this people? I was shocked to see me on the list ooo

2 Likes

Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by TRADELYN: 7:45pm On Jun 30, 2014
cdamsel: I don't do intimate wash,i guess I have never had reason to use 'em.
Nothing intimate wash would do that mild soaps would do,not like I won't even use 'em but maybe just out of curiosity would make me wanna try them & see the difference.

Thanks for taking time to comment.

grin Don't be so surprised as research is our forte cheesy
Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by cdamsel(f): 7:53pm On Jun 30, 2014
TRADELYN:

Thanks for taking time to comment.

grin Don't be so surprised as research is our forte cheesy
of over 1million users u notice me embarassed
Na wa o,so really America TRADELYN will know grin

3 Likes

Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by TRADELYN: 7:57pm On Jun 30, 2014
Thanks for sharing!

It is said that mild soaps do not make it have its normal pH value which ranges 3.8-4.5...that an intimate wash does more than this as it keeps the place at its normal pH value, fights infection, makes you look fresh, etc.

vivalableue: I am against intimate washes for 1 simple reason... Your body doesn't need to mask bad odors. Non-fragrant, mild soap is enough to keep you clean while maintaining the healthy amount of flora contained in your female Instruments. Simple, cotton underwear, or at least breathable fabric is recommended. Discharge is healthy during your cycle, from ovulation to pms to menstruation. It should not smell foul... if it does then consider that you have an infection. There are some home-tests available at the pharmacy to see which type of infection you have... from UTI to yeast. If you mask the smell of infection you can be doing more harm than good. I was once a firm believer of Summer's Eve wash...until I fell violently ill from a sharp pain in my flank... turned out I had a kidney infection, which started as a UTI. I live in Canada, the treatment was fast, and clean. God forbid my sisters in other places suffer from the same fate.

Raspberry leaf tea, cranberry juice and plain yoghurt are all ways to improve uterine, bladder and promote healthy flora.
Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by butterflyy(f): 8:46pm On Jun 30, 2014
All I do is wash thoroughly wth just warm water n once or twice in a month sit on a bucket of warm antiseptic water for 5 to 10mins. Always go to bed on my birthday suit n I av got no cause for all d drama.

2 Likes

Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by TRADELYN: 9:57pm On Jun 30, 2014
butterflyy: All I do is wash thoroughly wth just warm water n once or twice in a month sit on a bucket of warm antiseptic water for 5 to 10mins. Always go to bed on my birthday suit n I av got no cause for all d drama.

Thanks for sharing!

Yes! I'm aware that warm water is recommended, but don't you think it's not good allowing steam go into you from down there? Have you ever used an intimate wash? What's your view about it in general?
Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by TRADELYN: 10:19pm On Jun 30, 2014
...your input is welcome!
Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by Adesiji77: 10:24pm On Jun 30, 2014
[quote author=TRADELYN]Dear...homosapien(m), Xriss, Ogum(m), niyoni, 1Jamany(m), Coldfeet(f), sureboykris(m), Me_Aboki(m), abolade62, joker5180(m), Chaleeee, JustCurious, armadeo(m), excaat(m), Cheekah212(m), Adesiji77
...your input is welcome![/quote

How come my username appears here? I have not even been to this page! I only showed up here now when i clicked on 'Mentions'. What is wrong with Nairaland?
Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jun 30, 2014
[quote author=Adesiji77][/quote] had the same thought.
Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by TRADELYN: 10:27pm On Jun 30, 2014
My Dear Good People, abeg make naa put hand as I need diverse remarks/reactions ASAP.
Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by Coldfeet(f): 10:33pm On Jun 30, 2014
Intimate washes are NOT good for you! They interfere with the bodies natural flora and cause more harm than good in the long run! Plain water is just about all you need to wash down there not even ordinary toilet soap should be used there no mater how mild! Hairs trap dirt and sweat so shave off or trim your pubic hair regularly! And if you feel you need more than just water and disinfectant due to odour I'd advise you tackle the source of that odour first than trying to mask it with harmful intimate washes.

6 Likes

Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by oyinbogirl(f): 1:05am On Jul 01, 2014
Nah I dont use intimate washes, I use soap and water and bi carb. I think those washes interfere with balance. Watching your personal health is better too, as well as knowing your own body well, watching what you eat plays a big part
Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by armadeo(m): 6:35am On Jul 01, 2014
[quote author=Adesiji77][/quote]

Am equally surprised. I also have never been on this thread.
Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by ifex370(m): 6:39am On Jul 01, 2014
Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by NewsINigeria(m): 6:40am On Jul 01, 2014
JK
Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by ibitomisi: 6:41am On Jul 01, 2014
We won't learn that Fast! untill something strikes.
Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by ibitomisi: 6:42am On Jul 01, 2014
ifex370: .
Weldone, sir... Don't forget to the dot(.)
Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by ibitomisi: 6:43am On Jul 01, 2014
NewsINigeria: JK
Bro, when did Jk generated into the Oxford Dictionary? Lol Don't forget to update it.
Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by justi4jesu(f): 6:48am On Jul 01, 2014

undecided
Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by justi4jesu(f): 6:51am On Jul 01, 2014
My doctor advised against using feminine wash too.

His basic tips were :

- Always wipe front to back after you use the toilet

- Best is to also wash with warm water

If you are worried about odor, the best method is to wipe your lady parts dry instead of wearing your undies right away.

don't use normal body soap to wash your nether regions either.

wash with warm water and keep that area dry. our nether region has its ability to clean itself, so i don't see why we need to use more chemicals to clean it.
Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by Ishilove: 6:56am On Jul 01, 2014
cdamsel: I don't do intimate wash,i guess I have never had reason to use 'em.

Mild soaps like Lux, Eva and the rest?
Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by ifex370(m): 6:58am On Jul 01, 2014

ibitomisi: Weldone, sir... Don't forget to the dot(.)

you won't understand grin
Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by DocAdray(f): 7:12am On Jul 01, 2014
I don't use intimate washes!

It is only essential that one 'cleans' her vagina, a couple of times a day, with warm water only (no need for soap), because the vagina is already 'self-cleansing' with the presence of its own micro-flora (and fauna), which need not to be destabilized by the use of soap...
Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by checkdate(m): 7:13am On Jul 01, 2014
TRADELYN:
Good Day!

Thanks for taking time to contribute.

This is aimed at gathering reliable information about the subject matter (Market Research).

An intimate wash is used to take good care of the private parts. It's more common to find ladies/women using it since they are more prone to contracting Infections, Bad Odour, etc, unlike Men. It fights bacteria, gives it pleasant/fresh smell, etc.

We hereby need you to objectively make your input.

Have you used any before? If yes, please kindly tell us if it suits you and you are loyal to it; and its cost. If no, please give reason(s). Would you prefer soap and water? What are the side effects of the present one you are using? Would you buy any, or you would never buy/use any?

The Title of This Article is Some How (intimate wash product)
Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by justi4jesu(f): 7:15am On Jul 01, 2014
checkdate:
The Title of This Article is Some How (intimate wash product)

Yea atleast Intimate Feminine Wash will go a long way.. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by ochallo: 7:18am On Jul 01, 2014
Re: Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits by nanalady(f): 7:20am On Jul 01, 2014
I use just soap nd water.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

WHO Advices People To Wear Face-Masks In Public / Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) / Coronavirus: China Accuses US Army Of Bringing Virus To Wuhan, Sparks Outrage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.