Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,445 members, 7,843,367 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Stop reading Arabic Quran If You Do Not Understand It's Meaning - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Stop reading Arabic Quran If You Do Not Understand It's Meaning (12280 Views)

Stop Reading Arabic Quran If You Do Not Understand It's Meaning / An Appeal To Arabic And IRS Teachers In Our Children's Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop reading Arabic Quran If You Do Not Understand It's Meaning by chakula: 8:47pm On Jun 30, 2014
We should strive reading Qur'an in Arabic text and possibly run to the Ulamas for it's interpretation in order make use of the massage accordingly.
Re: Stop reading Arabic Quran If You Do Not Understand It's Meaning by TheBigUrban2: 8:50pm On Jun 30, 2014
chakula: We should strive reading Qur'an in Arabic text and possibly run to the Ulamas for it's interpretation in order make use of the massage accordingly.

Ulamas dont mislead abi?
Re: Stop reading Arabic Quran If You Do Not Understand It's Meaning by chakula: 9:05pm On Jun 30, 2014
The.Big.Urban:

Ulamas dont mislead abi?

Bros tell me if not them who else can assist with the interpretation?
Re: Stop reading Arabic Quran If You Do Not Understand It's Meaning by TheBigUrban2: 9:11pm On Jun 30, 2014
chakula:

I think it is better to read and use your brain. It is mental slavery to allow people to read for you.

Read the Quran in your favourable language and come to your own conclusions. If not sure, discuss with others and see where you stand
Re: Stop reading Arabic Quran If You Do Not Understand It's Meaning by bilms(m): 11:30am On Jul 02, 2014
Mai, noted your correction
Re: Stop reading Arabic Quran If You Do Not Understand It's Meaning by tunshe: 11:48pm On Jul 03, 2014
Al-Baqir:
@OP, that's your personal opinion. While your intention may be innocent that people who do not understand the Arabic should read its meaning to understand, advising people to abandon the Arabic text of the Qur'an is like advising them to leave Qur'an itself.

Note that other revealed books lost their values the moment their original manuscript were abandoned for foreign language. The point is there is no way you can ever translate 100% accurately.

Besides, reading Qur'an to understand the meaning (which Allah enjoys muslims to do) is different from reading Qur'an to seek thawab (spiritual reward) (which Allah also enjoys; both in the same Qur'an).

Do you know Alhaji Asari dokubo was in dungeon of the sss for 10months +. Recitation of the memorized Arabic Qur'an made him alive and sane while many in the same situation died or gone insane.

It is not compulsory you study Arabic but it is advised.
The best advice would have been to urge people who do not understand the Arabic to always simultaneously read its meaning to understand and Not abandon the Arabic

Bros, you believe that the Holy Quran is a divine revelation?
Re: Stop reading Arabic Quran If You Do Not Understand It's Meaning by ayinba1(f): 4:35am On Jul 04, 2014
chakula:

Learn Quran Arabic for the best understanding. But still recite the Quran.
OP pls change the title of your thread. It is very good to encourage muslims to learn the meanings of the Quran but very wrong to suggest that muslims stop reciting if they do not know the meaning

1 Like

Re: Stop reading Arabic Quran If You Do Not Understand It's Meaning by dragnet: 4:23pm On Jul 04, 2014
bilms, your passion is understood but misplaced... and of course your intentions may be pure but actions devoid of knowledge is also useless, I bet you agree?
also please note this, in islaam ignorance(if proven) is an excuse.
though if we view it from the angle of reciting the Quran without correct pronunciation which may lead to some grave errors, you may have a point. But this is Ramadan & Slitz's post has thrown more light on why even if one is not perfect, one must read and accrue rewards while one mustn't relent in learning...

so I'll tag your post 'ignorant' and give you the ignorance excuse. You can calmly make your finding and I bet you'll come to the conclusion that the stand you've taken is faulty.

meanwhile, dem talk say make we read even if we never sabi Arabic meaning wella and all of una wey need holy ghost to understand simple English begin run ur mouth....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atheism, Islam And Paganism: The Meeting Point / Stoning The Devil In Mecca! Is It True? / 12 Things You Can Do With Your Sallah Ram (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.