Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,647 members, 7,816,660 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names (16861 Views)

Igbos In Spain Attend Their Village Meeting In Native Attires (Photo) / Nigerian Native Names And Their Meanings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by Nobody: 8:06am On Jul 03, 2014
Very simple 'Gods' Gift' (Onyinyechi) in igbo and so far av bin a gift to ma family as a single girl - nw as a wife. I av always bin an advocate of native names, then Psquare dem come help me finish song in ma name...lol
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by Nobody: 8:11am On Jul 03, 2014
Oahray: oh Lawd! grin How you take write am for Waec?
Shola

dump ppl js dy quote persnlipsrsealed
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by TrYcIa1(f): 8:12am On Jul 03, 2014
Mine means a cheerful giver...Dnt get it twisted grin
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by simiolu1(m): 8:13am On Jul 03, 2014
Amongst all my father's children, I guess I'm d only one who doesn't hav an "English" name.
Similoluwa-Rest on the Lord.
Oluwaponmile-The Lord has lifted/exalted me.
Oluwajimi-The Lord gave this to me.
My first born would be
Otaobayomioluwanioje or Oluwafela
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by hensben(m): 8:18am On Jul 03, 2014
mine is OWEN NA DEGHE meaning FORESEEING BRIGHT STAR
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by hrykanu231(m): 8:25am On Jul 03, 2014
Stronger and better than the strong one available
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by Oahray: 8:33am On Jul 03, 2014
Xtarxhyne: Shola

dump ppl js dy quote persn lipsrsealed
Seriously? undecided
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by Savigne(f): 8:35am On Jul 03, 2014
Chukwufunanya;God Loves me
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by Nobody: 8:37am On Jul 03, 2014
fingard02k: Difficulty is not for God

can someone help translate it to Igbo?
Ifeanyichukwu.
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by lacreamilips: 8:39am On Jul 03, 2014
My is who is greater than God in english- ONYEKACHI cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by Navyblizz(f): 8:47am On Jul 03, 2014
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by Nobody: 8:47am On Jul 03, 2014
Oahray: Seriously? undecided
No grin
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by Nobody: 8:47am On Jul 03, 2014
TrYcIa1: Mine means a cheerful giver...Dnt get it twisted grin
cos you're not tongue
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by DocAdray(f): 8:52am On Jul 03, 2014
Mine means 'Beautiful First Daughter'.

Igbo
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by geolabious(m): 8:52am On Jul 03, 2014
Pls can anybody hlp with the translation of OLUWAGBEMIGA and wud lik to kbw the igbo name related to the name
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by roxell120(m): 8:52am On Jul 03, 2014
im ogonna meaning fathers kindest gesture
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by Nobody: 8:53am On Jul 03, 2014
Mine means "a person that comes from God"...cheesy translate in igbo.
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by MadCow1: 8:56am On Jul 03, 2014
Mine actually Means "Jesus".. grin

Funny enough, I am far from being anything like Jesus. cool

I am what Jesus would have been if he were cool and did miracles like changing Cigarettes to Weed... cool

1 Like

Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by Nobody: 8:56am On Jul 03, 2014
Mine
is Valentine meaning Feb 14th cheesy
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by Nobody: 8:57am On Jul 03, 2014
Dre11 dn knack front page gringringrin
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by Hipsymoi: 8:57am On Jul 03, 2014
Mine is
God changeth not---BAYELSA
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by phranseeqz(m): 8:59am On Jul 03, 2014
Can someone translate this for me, "OGOMEGBUNAM"
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by Nobody: 8:59am On Jul 03, 2014
Mad Cow: Mine actually Means "Jesus".. grin

Funny enough, I am far from being anything like Jesus. cool

I am what Jesus would have been if he were cool and did miracles like changing Cigarettes to Weed... cool
Oluwa o shocked lipsrsealed
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by Nasa4G(f): 9:03am On Jul 03, 2014
I ve two native names and they mean patience and God have vindicated me
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by megabyte2(f): 9:05am On Jul 03, 2014
Mine is: God has given me wealth
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by slap1(m): 9:07am On Jul 03, 2014
In pidgin English it means: my father dey.
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by megabyte2(f): 9:07am On Jul 03, 2014
geolabious: Pls can anybody hlp with the translation of OLUWAGBEMIGA and wud lik to kbw the igbo name related to the name
God has uplift me

1 Like

Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by bejeria101(m): 9:14am On Jul 03, 2014
Mine is tamuno-owuna which means God has heard my cry. Given to me by my grandpa
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by megabyte2(f): 9:15am On Jul 03, 2014
TrYcIa1: Mine means a cheerful giver...Dnt get it twisted grin
Animashaun

1 Like

Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by funshyboi(m): 9:16am On Jul 03, 2014
STENON: Pls who can Interprete this for me?........"Aderonke".....

And btw....No insult Pls
the prefix 'Ade' means you are frm a royal family,which now means royal family has seen something to nurture or pamper (Aderonke)
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by gloryl(f): 9:16am On Jul 03, 2014
My mum named me Kelechi which means thank God.... my dad called me Liberty smiley
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by funshyboi(m): 9:18am On Jul 03, 2014
Mine is Alabi, thou I don't know the meaning

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ijebu:A Muse On A Multi Dimensional Yoruba Specie / Esan People Are Not Igbo! / BREAKING: Court Issues Warrant Against Top Yoruba Monarch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.