Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,040 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Gov Okorocha Reacts To Charly Boy's Humiliation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Okorocha Reacts To Charly Boy's Humiliation (8279 Views)

EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds / Rochas Okorocha Reacts To Wife Battering Accusation / Picture Of Gov Okorocha Demanding The Release Of Voters Held Illegally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov Okorocha Reacts To Charly Boy's Humiliation by Tchitntdu(m): 9:31am On Jun 29, 2014

The Imo State Government has reacted to the unruly embarrassment caused Gov Rochas Okorocha by Charly Boy during the funeral mass of the late legal icon.

A statement by the Senior Special Assistant to the Governor (Media), Mr. Sam Onwuemeodo, said,
“it is highly regrettable that the son of the late justice, Mr Charles Emeka Oputa, aka, Charly Boy, threw caution to the wind and turned the church service into a political theatre that saw him acting or playing out the script he drafted in Abuja with some Imo politicians who have remained cowed by the overwhelming popularity of Governor Rochas Okorocha.
“The Imo State governor had worked together with Mr Charly Boy both when the late justice was sick, until the time he died and the preparation for the burial which also encouraged the state governor to make substantial financial input and also organised a special day of tribute for the late justice at the expense of the state government with Charly Boy also present with other members of the family.
“This is why the sudden change of character of Charly Boy at the church service, in which case, he insisted that the governor would not talk as protocol demanded could not be understood, except that he was acting out the script handed over to him by some of the gubernatorial aspirants from the state who might have been rattled by the thunderous ovation that greeted the governor by the crowd when he was first introduced.
According to Onwuemodo, “Protocol had demanded that the host governor must talk before any other speakers. But Senator Pius Anyim representing the President was first called to talk. Ideally, as a representative of the President, there was no way Senator Anyim would not have talked at the event. But protocol would have seen the governor talking first to welcome the invitees to the service as the host governor.
“Perhaps afraid of the popularity of Governor Okorocha among the Imo populace that has always made them to hail him where ever and whenever he talks, the few politicians from the state in Abuja who are desperate to capture power in the state in 2015, saw a willing tool in charly Boy for them to ensure that the governor would not talk at the event.”
“We condemn that ugly incident. And also wish to advise politicians from the state to stop heating the polity over power since God is the giver of power. In 2015, God will decide who will govern Imo State and when God decides that, there is nothing anybody can do about it.
And for Charly Boy, we ask God to bless him.”

Source: www.mediapostng.com/2014/06/gov-okorocha-reacts-to-charly-boys.html

1 Like

Re: Gov Okorocha Reacts To Charly Boy's Humiliation by Tchitntdu(m): 9:31am On Jun 29, 2014
hmm
Re: Gov Okorocha Reacts To Charly Boy's Humiliation by diresimdi(m): 9:38am On Jun 29, 2014
Its a bad omen and an indication that Okorocha has lost character and fame amongst Imo indigenes. His alliance with the northerners disregarding the feelings of Imo people and Igbos in general being the major cause. Okorocha needs political reorientation, being a prostitute politically cant take him anywhere, He is finished already.

27 Likes

Re: Gov Okorocha Reacts To Charly Boy's Humiliation by owobokiri(m): 9:54am On Jun 29, 2014
Okorocha needs to sack his ADC! Period! Whether it was his fathers funeral or not, that old charlie fool should have been manhandled the moment he dragged his lousy body near to the peoples governor.

6 Likes

Re: Gov Okorocha Reacts To Charly Boy's Humiliation by Nobody: 10:00am On Jun 29, 2014
owobokiri: Okorocha needs to sack his ADC! Period! Whether it was his fathers funeral or not, that old charlie fool should have been manhandled the moment he dragged his lousy body near to the peoples governor.
as in ...ehn....I wonder what kind of security agents we have these days ooo...chai!!!...no SSS boys there ni? What of 2 mopols that can tell us that they saw Charley boy snatching the mic, did you go with any? Governor!!....na only you waka go...no problem

8 Likes

Re: Gov Okorocha Reacts To Charly Boy's Humiliation by Nobody: 10:06am On Jun 29, 2014
diresimdi: Its a bad omen and an indication that Okorocha has lost character and fame amongst Imo indigenes. His alliance with the northerners disregarding the feelings of Imo people and Igbos in general being the major cause. Okorocha needs political reorientation, being a prostitute politically cant take him anywhere, He is finished already.
Seriously,did you read the topic or you are just ignorant? Even with his so called alliance with the northerners according to you,Okorocha still remains the most popular politician in Imo State. Hate him or love him,he is still loved by Imo people.

8 Likes

Re: Gov Okorocha Reacts To Charly Boy's Humiliation by freshness2020: 10:17am On Jun 29, 2014
Charley boy did the needful.
Okorocha was looking for a way to score cheap political gains, I know him, he is my governor and know what he can do as well.
Rochas has lost it all, the best thing for him is to go back to his grass hoots (PDP) and make peace with his elders, that way 2015 is sure for him.
I don't see a future with him and APC.

17 Likes

Re: Gov Okorocha Reacts To Charly Boy's Humiliation by gunuvi(m): 10:22am On Jun 29, 2014
all I know is that papa oputa would be very happy with his son behavior. kudos to you area father

23 Likes

Re: Gov Okorocha Reacts To Charly Boy's Humiliation by Nobody: 10:54am On Jun 29, 2014
FutureLeaders: as in ...ehn....I wonder what kind of security agents we have these days ooo...chai!!!...no SSS boys there ni? What of 2 mopols that can tell us that they saw Charley boy snatching the mic, did you go with any? Governor!!....na only you waka go...no problem

I laugh in Cantonese. Do you the number of dignitaries that were in that arena with heavily armed security-men? From many governors, former governors, to two former IG of police, deputy speaker, top military officers and others.. And all these guys don't like Rochas..
When dignitaries congregate like that, security men are very careful because any slight miscalculation could be bloody.

4 Likes

Re: Gov Okorocha Reacts To Charly Boy's Humiliation by collynzo2(m): 10:57am On Jun 29, 2014
FutureLeaders: as in ...ehn....I wonder what kind of security agents we have these days ooo...chai!!!...no SSS boys there ni? What of 2 mopols that can tell us that they saw Charley boy snatching the mic, did you go with any? Governor!!....na only you waka go...no problem
And the headline would have been ''Okorocha flogs Charlie boy at his own father's burial''
that would have been the final nail in the coffin for his poilitical career''.
Do you remember how the former governor Ohakim was rendered useless because his aides flogged a reverend father?
The news was never about Ohakim's aides, but Ohakim himself flogging a reverend father.

6 Likes

Re: Gov Okorocha Reacts To Charly Boy's Humiliation by Nobody: 10:59am On Jun 29, 2014
Dia was no mention of d 20million naira by d statement. Well rochas still remain d peoples governor
Re: Gov Okorocha Reacts To Charly Boy's Humiliation by DickDastardly(m): 11:07am On Jun 29, 2014
Ekiti will be childs play when compared to what will hit Rochas! I will only advice him to switch party today, even if it means forming a new political party but he must not be in APC in Alaigbo and expect to win an election come next race. Before its too late, Rochas make hay while sun shine

21 Likes

Re: Gov Okorocha Reacts To Charly Boy's Humiliation by Abagworo(m): 11:16am On Jun 29, 2014
. Okorocha asked them to leave him. I wrote it earlier on the other thread that some Governors could have let their orderly shoot Charlie boy but Okorocha chose not to harm him and I'm pleased with that. If our politicians can be this humble, peace will reign.
Re: Gov Okorocha Reacts To Charly Boy's Humiliation by diresimdi(m): 11:17am On Jun 29, 2014
@berem: Okorocha! Still loved by which Imo people? You better wake up from sleep. Ask people around you naa if you are confused. angry angry angry

21 Likes

Re: Gov Okorocha Reacts To Charly Boy's Humiliation by Abagworo(m): 11:19am On Jun 29, 2014
DickDastardly: Ekiti will be childs play when compared to what will hit Rochas! I will only advice him to switch party today, even if it means forming a new political party but he must not be in APC in Alaigbo and expect to win an election come next race. Before its too late, Rochas make hay while sun shine
. You people are all about election but Okorocha is about good name. I don't think he's too desperate for that 2015 Imo governorship. He seems more interested in developing Imo and I expect Jonathan to borrow a leaf from Rochas. Nobody can rule forever or death might even snatch you away before the elections. What lives on is your legacy.

3 Likes

Re: Gov Okorocha Reacts To Charly Boy's Humiliation by rozayx5(m): 11:38am On Jun 29, 2014
diresimdi: @berem: Okorocha! Still loved by which Imo people? You better wake up from sleep. Ask people around you naa if you are confused. angry angry angry

dont mind her, she can keep deceiving people on nairaland, if I did not know people from Imo living in Imo i would have been swallowing all the useless propaganda she and abagworo try to sell here undecided

15 Likes

Re: Gov Okorocha Reacts To Charly Boy's Humiliation by stexsy(m): 11:43am On Jun 29, 2014
good
Re: Gov Okorocha Reacts To Charly Boy's Humiliation by malele(m): 11:44am On Jun 29, 2014
owobokiri: Okorocha needs to sack his ADC! Period! Whether it was his fathers funeral or not, that old charlie fool should have been manhandled the moment he dragged his lousy body near to the peoples governor.
. The 2 of u think charlie boy is a goat like u 2, if u don't know. Charlie boy. Is more popular than that ur malam governor in imo state.

16 Likes

Re: Gov Okorocha Reacts To Charly Boy's Humiliation by owobokiri(m): 11:47am On Jun 29, 2014
malele: . The 2 of u think charlie boy is a goat like u 2, if u don't know. Charlie boy. Is more popular than that ur malam governor in imo state.

Get behind me satan!
Re: Gov Okorocha Reacts To Charly Boy's Humiliation by NobleIcon: 12:18pm On Jun 29, 2014
Who's talking about flogging charlie boy??
Hmmmm.
Re: Gov Okorocha Reacts To Charly Boy's Humiliation by fingard02k(m): 12:29pm On Jun 29, 2014
kam chikwa ochi biko hahahahahah
Re: Gov Okorocha Reacts To Charly Boy's Humiliation by DonCarlos1(m): 12:33pm On Jun 29, 2014
Point of correction sir, God has given the Imo people the power to decide who governs them.

So, on that day, it is the IMO PEOPLE that will decide and there is definitely something that somebody (Imo people) can do about it.

3 Likes

Re: Gov Okorocha Reacts To Charly Boy's Humiliation by gunuvi(m): 12:36pm On Jun 29, 2014
but why do APC goats on nl always defends their governors and leaders as if they are saints. if fayose decamps tommorow to APC he will automatically becomes a saint and 'progressive'.
to all APC e goats please go and die. you are the real reason why this country is not moving at the pace it ought to move. you better start to dust your useless cv's as those of you in ekiti have automatically become jobless. oshun next till God free the people of Lagos from the frog of bourdillon

6 Likes

Re: Gov Okorocha Reacts To Charly Boy's Humiliation by idumuose(m): 12:43pm On Jun 29, 2014
One of my close friends who visited imo state recently said Okorocha is working oo.He said okorocha is transforming owerri to a world class capital city.

BUT my problem with okorocha is his philandering with Almajiri people's party.The earlier he leaves that cursed party the better for him.
Re: Gov Okorocha Reacts To Charly Boy's Humiliation by Badmushazan: 12:45pm On Jun 29, 2014
In osomole voice... Go and die
Re: Gov Okorocha Reacts To Charly Boy's Humiliation by 1025: 12:49pm On Jun 29, 2014
Ekiti will be childs play when compared to what will hit Rochas! I will only advice him to switch party today, even if it means forming a new political party but he must not be in APC in Alaigbo and expect to win an election come next race. Before its too late, Rochas make hay while sun shine

when i read things like this one, i become ashamed of this race we call igbo race. if u are from imo state, can u tell us how many pdp govs that have ruled the state since 1999? 12 years of pdp in imo state can never ever be compared to less than 4 years of Rochas yet ur brains can't think rather u listen to the pdp deceits. it is really really shameful that we as Ndigbo believe in pdp and then claim that apc is hausa party. in all the igbo states, where and where can u point to federal govt's projects? every igbo man is busy supporting anything and anybody. the ijaws betrayed biafra and today, igbos are dying to support the ijaws. even asari dokubo is believing in ndigbo for the pending war between his brother and the northerners. what does the igbos stand to gain from jonathan who has ruled for over 5 years as a the president of nigeria?

4 Likes

Re: Gov Okorocha Reacts To Charly Boy's Humiliation by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jun 29, 2014
rochas is a disgrace

3 Likes

Re: Gov Okorocha Reacts To Charly Boy's Humiliation by femiero: 1:01pm On Jun 29, 2014
Judas Okorocha is a traitor and a crook. He addressed the press and claimed that he gave the Oputa family N20m for the funeral arrangements whereas he did not give them a dime. He deserves the embarrassment

5 Likes

Re: Gov Okorocha Reacts To Charly Boy's Humiliation by VICTORCIZA(m): 1:04pm On Jun 29, 2014
berem: Seriously,did you read the topic or you are just ignorant? Even with his so called alliance with the northerners according to you,Okorocha still remains the most popular politician in Imo State. Hate him or love him,he is still loved by Imo people.
once okorocha's name is mentioned you will appear like a ghost!
Rochas will hear from ndi imo next year!
i don't need to argue it with you, pay more attention to your osun state! igbo wannabe

13 Likes

Re: Gov Okorocha Reacts To Charly Boy's Humiliation by Abagworo(m): 1:15pm On Jun 29, 2014
1025:

when i read things like this one, i become ashamed of this race we call igbo race. if u are from imo state, can u tell us how many pdp govs that have ruled the state since 1999? 12 years of pdp in imo state can never ever be compared to less than 4 years of Rochas yet ur brains can't think rather u listen to the pdp deceits. it is really really shameful that we as Ndigbo believe in pdp and then claim that apc is hausa party. in all the igbo states, where and where can u point to federal govt's projects? every igbo man is busy supporting anything and anybody. the ijaws betrayed biafra and today, igbos are dying to support the ijaws. even asari dokubo is believing in ndigbo for the pending war between his brother and the northerners. what does the igbos stand to gain from jonathan who has ruled for over 5 years as a the president of nigeria?
. Simple truth. Igbo leaders can do anything for money and that has made us a laughing stock of everyone. Imagine Ijaw youths looting Igbo shops and beating up Igbo traders in Yenagoa and the Igbos remain shut out. Our abandoned properties remain seized and they see Igbos as not fit to be President or VP and Igbos hurriedly agree. Deep in the heart of every Igbo leader, they know they are doing wrong but because of money, they sell their conscience.

1 Like

Re: Gov Okorocha Reacts To Charly Boy's Humiliation by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jun 29, 2014
Abagworo: . You people are all about election but Okorocha is about good name. I don't think he's too desperate for that 2015 Imo governorship. He seems more interested in developing Imo and I expect Jonathan to borrow a leaf from Rochas. Nobody can rule forever or death might even snatch you away before the elections. What lives on is your legacy.

Sheikh Ibn Abagworo, stop feeding people with 'abstract' development of IMO by the Alhaji Rochas Okoroahusa administration.

I'm from IMO and must confess the neglect is unprecedented. The whole state is bedevilled with underdevelopment and the social neglect is so much it leaves a lot to desire. Its bad we have an incompetent government who think oratory skills equals infrastructure development.

A mediocre leader who prides self in surrendering a family unit into Islam and goes further compensating them with state fund just to impress his northern master.

I have not seen any infrastructure he has put in place that is of good quality. What he does is during festive periods, he rolls out his construction machinery in strategic locations just to 'impress' the returning imolites from their respective abodes.

6 Likes

Re: Gov Okorocha Reacts To Charly Boy's Humiliation by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jun 29, 2014
berem: Seriously,did you read the topic or you are just ignorant? Even with his so called alliance with the northerners according to you,Okorocha still remains the most popular politician in Imo State. Hate him or love him,he is still loved by Imo people.

This lie from the pit of hell from a supporter of APC is an insult to the dynamic ibo race and a dis-service to our collective heritage.

Okorocha is an Odd person in the comity of IBO elites. His( philanthropy) 'onyiyi ekwensu' used to cow imolite has been exposed and we are sure he'd recoup his Greek gift so no need of his staying further than necessary.

IMO people are not sympathisers of Boko haram, we don't need APC.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Arrest And Interrogate Senator Ibikunle Amosun Now - CPPM / Video of ondo state / Simon Ekpa Declare Himself A Military Ruler Of Biafra , Unveil New Photos - Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.