Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,366 members, 7,815,784 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here - Agriculture (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here (483236 Views)

World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano / Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here / Kaduna State Farmers Lets Meet Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (122) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by tayo52: 10:13pm On Mar 30, 2017
Gudpm house,there is guy from nairaland that chatted me on whatsap which I don't like his accusations tagging me as an Agent just because I encourage fellow farmer to get an exotic breeds,now I want him to come on nairaland n prove a point,he even threatened to spoil me when I start selling my own weaners,just surprised y we fellow Nigerians envying or beefing ur fellow farmer just because his saying the truth, I encourage farmer to get an exotic breeds is for there own good not mine cos wen they start making moni nobody will remember anybody and those farmer that av such breeds are d1 making d moni not me so y vexing his anger on me,if his among those farmers selling slaughter animals as a breeders to co farmer Shld desist n buy exotic animals n make more money don't no y his just obsessed with me,he msg me to send those breeders number to him n I told him let me inform dem 1st, next thing he said am an agent y must I inform dem b4 releasing there numbers,so he xpect me to just be sharing contact anyhow,if u av buy any animals thru my link n feel d price did not justify d worth Shld please voice out,and av advice him to go for those that are not thru my link Shld go n buy 70k weaners atleast dey are not from my link,i stop giving advice on this tread just because of same issues but I won't because of some pipu envious to affect giving advice and am tired of his threat he should come out openly on this thread n tell me his problem. Such pipu don't like d truth just because of selfish interested,i started promoting good breeds b4 being a pig farmer all I no is that the market is big everybody will surely make itI even munch a conversation with a guy of a guy that msg d breeders n d amount they charge him far lesser Dan d price d seller will sell is me that msg d farmer on his behalf still yet he still brand me an Agent,anyway if we still av such pipu that have same mindset with him can just buy on there own after all no be me my pockets d money will go if they buy anyway wen my own animals Dan dey farrow no 4get to buy from me 1love at a pocket fwendly rate cheers I even take my tym guide pipu about feeds n many other things which those pipu chopping d money never did,and sum1 will just come n frustrate pesin

1 Like

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by tayo52: 10:15pm On Mar 30, 2017
dynamix101:

I understand your standpoint but like i said, i am giving my own personal experience borne out of years of practical pig rearing. I have 17 females that i use for breeding currently. The only secrets to good breeding is in buying an exotic or foreign male. But females can be any breed. If you are an experienced hand, you can by looks know a female weaner that should do well.

This is my personal experience
baba u are on point that the reason y I preach camboro male weaners but sum pipu decided to tag me as breed promoter then I resr my case
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by TONY56: 7:10am On Mar 31, 2017
[quote author=money4god post=51052476][/quote]

How much will it cost to build one for a pig farm of 100 pigs. The Bio digester plant should be able to also provide gas to power a 2.2kva Generator to be used to pump water as well as provide electricity for a one-bedroom farm house and cooking
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by TONY56: 7:23am On Mar 31, 2017
money4god:
For all the farmers with pig waste disposal issues, bio digester is your viaible long term solution.
Even if you don't make use of the biogas, a biodigester will drastically reduce odour from your farm by degrading your pig manure into odourless substances.

TONY56:

How much will it cost to build one for a pig farm of 100 pigs. The Bio digester plant should be able to also provide gas to power a 2.2kva Generator to be used to pump water as well as provide electricity for a one-bedroom farm house and cooking
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by TONY56: 7:45am On Mar 31, 2017
abeyyskyne:
I am a Camborough gilt and I farrowed 11 piglets yesterday. You are cordially invited to the naming ceremony next week!

I am interested please in the weaners. I can be reached on 08023093462
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by TONY56: 7:49am On Mar 31, 2017
abeyyskyne:
I am a Landrace, I farrowed today which is the first day of the year! I farrowed only 14 piglets and I am a first timer!

Wao!!! This is beautiful. Where is your farm? I love to come see them and will be interested in the weaners pls. I can be reached on 08023093462
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by dynamix101(m): 9:23am On Mar 31, 2017
tayo52:
baba u are on point that the reason y I preach camboro male weaners but sum pipu decided to tag me as breed promoter then I resr my case

Lol!! The funny thing is that of my 2 males, one is a Camborough and he is superb. All females he has crossed farrowed a minimum of 8 and a maximum of 12. And they are all doing well. Note that my females are all confused breeds grin though because of our good eyes, we picked lovely looking weaners while purchasing. I should post their pics soon
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by tayo52: 9:41am On Mar 31, 2017
Here are our little breeders

1 Share

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by SinaAkinsanya: 5:24am On Apr 01, 2017
What is going price for various types of weaners i.e concorted vs concorted, concorted vs exotic, exotic vs exotic?
Thanks
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by dynamix101(m): 1:15pm On Apr 01, 2017
SinaAkinsanya:
What is going price for various types of weaners i.e concorted vs concorted, concorted vs exotic, exotic vs exotic?
Thanks

4000-4500 for other breeds
8000-10000 for exotic depending on who you meet.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by donnie(m): 1:36pm On Apr 01, 2017
Where can I get pure bred duroc, largewhite and landrace?
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by FashPet(m): 2:47pm On Apr 01, 2017
I really appreciate many of the farmers who have been helping other farmers out in providing relevant information for all and sundry to be successful farmers.
But it is paramount to also know that you must be careful in dealing with people especially when it comes to money matter because where good people abound, there's all possibility of having some bad eggs who will like to take advantage of young /new farmers.
Some will over rate the prices of their animals and advertise it as exotic breeds whereas it's not the truth.
This platform is a platform for young to learn/grow and come back with testimonies. Consequently, it's a platform to share relevant experiences and not to make them fear by telling them exorbitant rates when such an individual is just looking for a way of survival and profit.
Some people want to be using it as an avenue to shipwreck others whereas such people may not have any farm anywhere They may do that by giving outrageous prices for weaners, gilt e.t.c which is not supposed to be.
My advice to everyone is that exotic breeds are good but if proper nutrition is not observed, the animal won't still grow or reach the market weight at the actual time. Therefore, let your focus be focused more on how you can feed your animals well with balanced diet and not getting weaners claimed to be exotic for 15k, 20k, 30k.
Get the ones of 3k, 4k and feed them with correct diet and you will see the result. You can do the test by getting both exotic and feed them with the same feeds and you will see practically for yourself.

I am talking from experience as a practical farmer. This is open for criticism by some people who might have been offended and other good farmers in the house.
[color=#990000][/color]

Have a great day!
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by adeyinkapiggs: 8:28pm On Apr 01, 2017
donnie:
Where can I get pure bred duroc, largewhite and landrace?
My simple advise for you , don't buy Duroc because it's an outdated breed and moreover no matter how balanced the feed you give to Duroc , they don't grow very quickly, although they are very strong animal.. It is advisable to go for pure breed landrace and large white , I have a lot of pure breed animals in my farm , you can come around anytime you feel like to come see them yourself
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by gudxson: 9:09am On Apr 02, 2017
Hi yinka how much is ur weaners? Can u share ur contacts pls?
adeyinkapiggs:

My simple advise for you , don't buy Duroc because it's an outdated breed and moreover no matter how balanced the feed you give to Duroc , they don't grow very quickly, although they are very strong animal.. It is advisable to go for pure breed landrace and large white , I have a lot of pure breed animals in my farm , you can come around anytime you feel like to come see them yourself
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by adeyinkapiggs: 10:35am On Apr 02, 2017
gudxson:
Hi yinka how much is ur weaners? Can u share ur contacts pls?
You can call me and book an appointment to visit my farm anytime, when you see what you want to buy we can talk about price 08172727350
Thanks
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Elvistip: 3:22pm On Apr 02, 2017
If u are a pig farmer join our group on https:///H5HEAdnZ1eY1J3x3hi9VAP or pchat me on whatsapp 09039256210
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Elvistip: 3:28pm On Apr 02, 2017
adeyinkapiggs:

You can call me and book an appointment to visit my farm anytime, when you see what you want to buy we can talk about price 08172727350
Thanks

Were is ur farm
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Elvistip: 3:48pm On Apr 02, 2017
megautche:
good morning my people, i want to know where to buy spent grain and pkc. my farm is in owerri imo state.

Can I have ur contact or u contact me on 09039256210
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by femu(m): 8:54pm On Apr 02, 2017
The Pork Processing SME Training

No1Pigfan presents a Value addition Program  for Pig farmers and Pork enthusiasts. 

The Program focuses on the Production of Food and Cosmetic Products using Pigs. 

At the end of the training participants would be able to produce:

Sausages

Luxury Soap

Body cream

and many other great products

Call, SMS or WhatsApp 08034209301 for further details

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by atolagbeolaleka: 9:19pm On Apr 02, 2017
Pls were cn I get the pigs feed to buy in lagos....kannel cake,soyabeans cake nd d rest
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by money4god: 12:49pm On Apr 03, 2017
dynamix101:
Weaners available for sale in Oke-Aro. contact me

how much for your weaners and how what is their average weight?
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 1:16pm On Apr 03, 2017
Admin pls kindly add me to the watsapp group on 07064900360
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by dynamix101(m): 1:31pm On Apr 03, 2017
money4god:

how much for your weaners and how what is their average weight?

4000-4500. weaners arent sold by weight. They are 8 weeks old
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by dynamix101(m): 1:49pm On Apr 03, 2017
FashPet:
I really appreciate many of the farmers who have been helping other farmers out in providing relevant information for all and sundry to be successful farmers.
But it is paramount to also know that you must be careful in dealing with people especially when it comes to money matter because where good people abound, there's all possibility of having some bad eggs who will like to take advantage of young /new farmers.
Some will over rate the prices of their animals and advertise it as exotic breeds whereas it's not the truth.
This platform is a platform for young to learn/grow and come back with testimonies. Consequently, it's a platform to share relevant experiences and not to make them fear by telling them exorbitant rates when such an individual is just looking for a way of survival and profit.
Some people want to be using it as an avenue to shipwreck others whereas such people may not have any farm anywhere They may do that by giving outrageous prices for weaners, gilt e.t.c which is not supposed to be.
My advice to everyone is that exotic breeds are good but if proper nutrition is not observed, the animal won't still grow or reach the market weight at the actual time. Therefore, let your focus be focused more on how you can feed your animals well with balanced diet and not getting weaners claimed to be exotic for 15k, 20k, 30k.
Get the ones of 3k, 4k and feed them with correct diet and you will see the result. You can do the test by getting both exotic and feed them with the same feeds and you will see practically for yourself.

I am talking from experience as a practical farmer. This is open for criticism by some people who might have been offended and other good farmers in the house.
[color=#990000][/color]

Have a great day!

In this, i pitch my tent with you. Because of the percieved profitability of the piggery industry, a lot of people have decided to be wicked and inconsiderate to others. Apart from those who have no farms and pose as farmers, real farmers too are a bottleneck and most of them are as greedy as their pigs. How can a farmer sell exotic animals for 15k? You see all kinds of wickedness going on, farmers trying to exploit newbies and they end up running many of them out of the business.
I will continually say this: breeds are just long talk except you want to go into breeding; then i advise you buy an exotic boar not sow. God bless you for this post

1 Like

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by dynamix101(m): 1:59pm On Apr 03, 2017
Proof:
Below are three of my females. The first gave birth to the second and it was bought for 3000 in those days. The first farrows a minimum of 10 everytime and is pregnant for the 4th time. Its daughter in the 2nd pix farrows a minimum of 12 and is pregnant for the 2nd time. The black sow in the last pix farrowed on Saturday morning and dropped 9 that we saw.
No 1 weighs 104
No 2 weighs 80
No 3 weighed 90 when we checked last

They are all normal breeds but crossed with a Camborough boar we bought for 10k.

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by money4god: 2:06pm On Apr 03, 2017
TONY56:

A 100 pig unit composed mostly of grown pigs will generate enough fresh waste on a daily basis to power a 2.2kva gen set for about 1 and half hours to 2 hours each day. The biodigester will cost around #130,000 to set up.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by donnie(m): 8:06pm On Apr 03, 2017
adeyinkapiggs:

Yh I know about the duroc breed. I plan to cross them with the offspring of landrace and largewhite.

I already have largewhite on my farm.

Thanks for the advice tho... If u hv pure breed landrace and duroc, i'll visit.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by donnie(m): 8:10pm On Apr 03, 2017
Neo001:
Admin pls kindly add me to the watsapp group on 07064900360

Fogerrit... I asked like a year ago, nothing happend. Abi dem dey pay money?
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by femu(m): 8:43pm On Apr 03, 2017
atolagbeolaleka:
Pls were cn I get the pigs feed to buy in lagos....kannel cake,soyabeans cake nd d rest

Where are you located?

I have local PKC and other types of feed and additives available
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by TONY56: 5:57am On Apr 04, 2017
money4god:

A 100 pig unit composed mostly of grown pigs will generate enough fresh waste on a daily basis to power a 2.2kva gen set for about 1 and half hours to 2 hours each day. The biodigester will cost around #130,000 to set up.

Thanks. Do you have a funtional one on your farm that i can come to see how it works and do you do the construction? what type of Biodigester are you having in mind?
Can I have your contacts? I can be reached on 08023093462 or tugbiyeley_not@yahoo.com
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by FashPet(m): 8:55am On Apr 04, 2017
femu:

Where are you located?

I have local PKC and other types of feed and additives available

How much is your pkc?
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by FashPet(m): 9:01am On Apr 04, 2017
dynamix101:

In this, i pitch my tent with you. Because of the percieved profitability of the piggery industry, a lot of people have decided to be wicked and inconsiderate to others. Apart from those who have no farms and pose as farmers, real farmers too are a bottleneck and most of them are as greedy as their pigs. How can a farmer sell exotic animals for 15k? You see all kinds of wickedness going on, farmers trying to exploit newbies and they end up running many of them out of the business.
I will continually say this: breeds are just long talk except you want to go into breeding; then i advise you buy an exotic boar not sow. God bless you for this post

God bless you too in Jesus' name. Let's share contact please. 08037206924

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (122) (Reply)

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.