Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

Continue Pursuing Your Legitimate Business, Kwankwaso - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Continue Pursuing Your Legitimate Business, Kwankwaso (21983 Views)

Kwankwaso’s Aide, Others Defect To PDP / Group Urges APC Leaders To Replace Buhari With Kwankwaso / Okonjo-Iweala Denies Pursuing Igbo Agenda Allegation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Continue Pursuing Your Legitimate Business, Kwankwaso by prophetone(m): 2:17pm On Jun 30, 2014
biodunid: So where are the charges proffered against them and what seeds have been sown by this act? What if 10 luxury buses are similarly hijacked in the North in coming weeks? Is it news that transporters prefer traveling at night and in convoys in naija since the police became unable to keep the roads safe years ago? we all know the most itinerant tribe in Nigeria and we know too the tribe that has more invested 'abroad' than at 'home'. Shouldn't we bear this reality in mind before we act so brashly? Was it not obvious from the get go that BH wouldn't invade anywhere in the South in a highly visible convoy of commercial vehicles? Wouldn't an insidious insinuation be the appropriate modus operandi outside its base? I guess our ogas at the top are very versed in the fine art of how to make enemies and alienate friends.

The numbskulls in their usual empty barrel nature lack the reflective and cerebral capacity to analyze this fact which is why I have adopted the siddon look posture knowing that the chicken will definitely come home to roost. If they thought Fashola's deportation was nasty...

1 Like

Re: Continue Pursuing Your Legitimate Business, Kwankwaso by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jun 30, 2014
prophet_one:

undecided
tail'in'pup punk....ballless_dicckhead....
Re: Continue Pursuing Your Legitimate Business, Kwankwaso by Ubenedictus(m): 2:20pm On Jun 30, 2014
londoner:

Were all northerners in SE arrested?

Put things into context. It is the 35 hummer buses in one night filled with 400 or so men. Those men had less than N1000 each and could not specify why they were there.

It was not indiscriminate imo.

I'm sure on the same day there were also men coming from the north on commercial buses..............did you hear reports of arrests?

I am against any abuse of people arrested though, but the suspicion was enough to investigate.
hahaha, that isn't even context!

About the same time a bomb was discovered in a church soldiers decided to mount guard on the road connecting the north and the east!

They didn't find an envoy of buses, instead they stopped buses one after the other at different times. And arrested and detained buses whose point of departure were northern states, they kept these people on the road till they were about 400, they tagged them "suspected boko haramist" and reported these to the press. Tell me again that that isn't ethnic? How come all the buses were those from the north?

They kept all these people in one cell, giving them buscuits, moi moi and water for days as those they were refuges. They kept them in ARMY barracks for more than 2 day without trail, is that not against the nigerian constitution?

Sorry my dear, thousands of people travel from different parts of the country on a daily basis, and targeting those travelling from the north and detaining them without any evidence is a ethnic motivated unconstitutional dentention, then tagging them as suspected bokoharamist again without evidence is scandalous.

Subjecting them to inhuman treatment is another thing. Putting 400 people in one room without toilets/urinary or bathrooms is again another thing. These people are nigerian citizen and they deserve to be treated in respect to the constitution.

Beside who told you the men couldn't specify why they were there, the op, described a man who was part of a marriage delegation whose bus was stop and the delegation detained, does that sound like he didn't know the reason for his journey?
Re: Continue Pursuing Your Legitimate Business, Kwankwaso by apolonius(m): 2:23pm On Jun 30, 2014
If there is any clear evidence against anyone suggesting complicity in the evil bonfires that is turning Nigeria into a cocktail of graves,let the state security forces decisively deal with them.

I am all for the death penalty for terrorists in Nigeria.

Yet innocent people should not be harrassed and their rights violated just because they look a certain way or obviously come from certain parts of Nigeria.The danger in such gross evil is that tomorrow the Hausa-Fulanis can go and arrest Igbos in Kano's Sabon-Gari on fictitious premises of crimes.

Let our anxious and disorderly excited but inefficient security forces not ignite the slowly surviving embers of ethnic warfare in Nigeria.Our laws are clear on grounds for arrest,detention and trial.

Nigerians should be free all around Nigeria.
Re: Continue Pursuing Your Legitimate Business, Kwankwaso by Reference(m): 2:27pm On Jun 30, 2014
emmy-richie:
This is sentiment driven, this won't let the security operatives do their work.
The arrested hausa/fulani people are not the only ones in the east or travelling on that path and won't be.
They were arrested on the ground of suspicion.

What if they were found wanting? Obviously, they were going to be released once the investigation was over and nothing incriminating is found.

This is what you get when the eyes of the mind is blinded by stark sentiment.

I believe this is another factor hindering our gallant soldiers in the north from finishing those bh demons.

Na nau una eyes don begin dey open to the reality called Nigeria. Yes sentiment. And its enshrined in our constitution. It fuels corruption, sectarianism, intolerance and everything that makes Nigeria unworkable. Fix the structure first.
Re: Continue Pursuing Your Legitimate Business, Kwankwaso by londoner: 2:34pm On Jun 30, 2014
Ubenedictus: hahaha, that isn't even context!

About the same time a bomb was discovered in a church soldiers decided to mount guard on the road connecting the north and the east!

They didn't find an envoy of buses, instead they stopped buses one after the other at different times. And arrested and detained buses whose point of departure were northern states, they kept these people on the road till they were about 400, they tagged them "suspected boko haramist" and reported these to the press. Tell me again that that isn't ethnic? How come all the buses were those from the north?

They kept all these people in one cell, giving them buscuits, moi moi and water for days as those they were refuges. They kept them in ARMY barracks for more than 2 day without trail, is that not against the nigerian constitution?

Sorry my dear, thousands of people travel from different parts of the country on a daily basis, and targeting those travelling from the north and detaining them without any evidence is a ethnic motivated unconstitutional dentention, then tagging them as suspected bokoharamist again without evidence is scandalous.

Subjecting them to inhuman treatment is another thing. Putting 400 people in one room without toilets/urinary or bathrooms is again another thing. These people are nigerian citizen and they deserve to be treated in respect to the constitution.

Beside who told you the men couldn't specify why they were there, the op, described a man who was part of a marriage delegation whose bus was stop and the delegation detained, does that sound like he didn't know the reason for his journey?

If they are looking for suspected BH men, it makes sense, unfortunately that these men will likely be from the North. That is because of the fact that BH are usually Northerners or is that no longer true?

Especially as a bomb had been discovered earlier, tensions are heightened.

The suicide bomber at the last Abuja Mall bombing was stopped along with many others before him, innocent others.

I agree the conditions they were kept in and maltreatment can not be defended. They should think about legal proceedings though.
Re: Continue Pursuing Your Legitimate Business, Kwankwaso by ComrEmmanuel(m): 2:49pm On Jun 30, 2014
abu12: http://saharareporters.com/press-release/kano-state-govt-release-continue-pursuing-your-legitimate-business-kwankwaso-tells-rel
By Baba Haliru Dantiye

Kano State Gov't Release: Continue Pursuing Your Legitimate Business, Kwankwaso Tells Released Abia Travelers

Kano state Governor, Rabi’u Musa Kwankwaso has advised the 29 indigenes of the state, out of the 486 travelers from Northern Nigeria, who were arrested on transit in Abia state by security agents about two weeks ago, on the allegation of being insurgents, to continue pursuing legitimate businesses anywhere they found themselves in the country.

He made the call when the 29 freed indigenes visited him at the Government House in Kano following their release from detention in Abia state.

Governor Kwankwaso argued that there is no law in the country that restricts any citizen from traveling and doing business lawfully anywhere in the nation, lamenting that what the security agents did to the travelers was a clear violation of their fundamental human right.

“Upon hearing that some Northerners were apprehended in that state (Abia), even though we were unaware that Kano indigenes were among the captives then, we began discussion with the authorities concerned to secure their release. But we later thought that it will be impossible to have that number of people going on business without having anybody from Kano. This is the reason why we sent a powerful delegation to discuss with them for your unconditional release or referral of the matter to court,” the governor revealed.
The governor who thanked Almighty God for making the captives to return home safely and urged them to take what happened to them as predestined.

Earlier one of the released travelers, Mudasir Aliyu Kumbosto revealed that they were severely tortured and painfully maltreated while in detention at the barracks in Abia state and denied access to the Kano state government delegation that went to see them.

He, however, thanked the governor for his effort and for making time to see them return home safely and for giving each of them N20, 000 as a transportation money to their respective communities in the state.

Halilu Ibrahim Dantiye fnge, mni
Director of Press and Public Relations
to the Executive Governor of Kano state
https://www.nairaland.com/1792410/10-richest-people-africa-2014
Re: Continue Pursuing Your Legitimate Business, Kwankwaso by Ubenedictus(m): 2:52pm On Jun 30, 2014
londoner:

If they are looking for suspected BH men, it makes sense, unfortunately that these men will likely be from the North. That is because of the fact that BH are usually Northerners or is that no longer true?

Especially as a bomb had been discovered earlier, tensions are heightened.

The suicide bomber at the last Abuja Mall bombing was stopped along with many others before him, innocent others.

I agree the conditions they were kept in and maltreatment can not be defended. They should think about legal proceedings though.

so you think it is right to arrest northern travellers without evidence just because a bomb was seen in owerri.

Interesting
Re: Continue Pursuing Your Legitimate Business, Kwankwaso by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jun 30, 2014
prophet_one:

May your lighter jam and rizla fall inside water.
Why such evil prayer? Oya com smoke.
Re: Continue Pursuing Your Legitimate Business, Kwankwaso by londoner: 3:05pm On Jun 30, 2014
Ubenedictus:

so you think it is right to arrest northern travellers without evidence just because a bomb was seen in owerri.

Interesting

Usually security agents don't arrest with clear cut evidence, they arrest or detain on suspicion. When the arrest can not then be substantiated with fact/evidence, they let the "suspects" go.

If that is not the case, nobody would ever be released, right?

I think the fact that a bomb was discovered is a reason to be extra vigilant, don't you?I disagree with their treatment and the fact that some did not receive all their belongings back.
Re: Continue Pursuing Your Legitimate Business, Kwankwaso by biodunid: 3:11pm On Jun 30, 2014
Companies and individuals who run land transport businesses: buses etc. Why?

londoner:

When you say transporters, what do you mean?
Re: Continue Pursuing Your Legitimate Business, Kwankwaso by biodunid: 3:15pm On Jun 30, 2014
The billion naira lawsuit by the people deported by Fasola is still rumbling through the courts. I look forward to someone suing on behalf of these victims of ethnic profiling. Surely the same rules apply to deportees / wanton detainees no matter which part of naija they hail from?

prophet_one:

The numbskulls in their usual empty barrel nature lack the reflective and cerebral capacity to analyze this fact which is why I have adopted the siddon look posture knowing that the chicken will definitely come home to roost. If they thought Fashola's deportation was nasty...

1 Like

Re: Continue Pursuing Your Legitimate Business, Kwankwaso by londoner: 3:20pm On Jun 30, 2014
biodunid: The billion naira lawsuit by the people deported by Fasola is still rumbling through the courts. I look forward to someone suing on behalf of these victims of ethnic profiling. Surely the same rules apply to deportees / wanton detainees no matter which part of naija they hail from?

They have every right to sue and claim damages.

However, people need to stop pretending as if BH members are not from the North. If BH members are not from the North, then we have been misinformed, thus far.
Re: Continue Pursuing Your Legitimate Business, Kwankwaso by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jun 30, 2014
See Ramaadan don start I nor wan hear say BH guys kidnap or bomb oh! Or I go tell Allah make him remove their Dicks one by one....
Re: Continue Pursuing Your Legitimate Business, Kwankwaso by mike404(m): 4:26pm On Jun 30, 2014
abu12: We are one nigeria

ONE NIGERIA GBOWAA GI ONU THERE angry YOUR FELLO MALUU NO REMEMBER SAY WE BE ONE NIGERIA WHEN DEM DEY SLAUGHTER SOUTHERNERS FOR NORTH EFI AWUSA
Re: Continue Pursuing Your Legitimate Business, Kwankwaso by oluamid(m): 4:31pm On Jun 30, 2014
londoner:

I agree there needs to be a moving on, but with proper peace and reconciliation. Not just matter of Igbos "stop complaining and bury your dead, after you have moved out of the North".

You can call it whining, but have you put yourself in the shoes of the Igbo in terms of loss of life and property in the nigerian historical context.....I mean truly?

Igbos are not the only victims, yes, but I don't think, historically, other tribes have been killed in unprovoked attacks in the north in such numbers.

When people target catholic churches and Igbo trade meetings, people like you say Igbos are whining and are not the target......hmmmm

Actually, when crisis begin in the north, all mention of tribe and religion are dropped for "we" (the attackers) vs "them" (the victims). They don't care what part of the country you are from, once you are not one of them you become a victim.

I know this because I've ACTUALLY lived in the north and I've WITNESSED many of these crisis.
Re: Continue Pursuing Your Legitimate Business, Kwankwaso by scalodee(m): 4:36pm On Jun 30, 2014
[color=#990000][/color]There mission have not been esterblished,how can a large No of people moving @that time of the 9th? Is there any crusade going on in abia state? Or are they opening a new mosque?.
Re: Continue Pursuing Your Legitimate Business, Kwankwaso by oluamid(m): 4:40pm On Jun 30, 2014
Mogidi:
As long as the Igbos are leaving, we in the SS will follow. Biggest mistake was the SS joining the Federal govt to keep Nigeria one, if we'd joined the Igbos and sought our independence, our region would rival Dubai by now..

I think you need to dust your civil war history book and have a read again.
Re: Continue Pursuing Your Legitimate Business, Kwankwaso by londoner: 4:52pm On Jun 30, 2014
oluamid:

Actually, when crisis begin in the north, all mention of tribe and religion are dropped for "we" (the attackers) vs "them" (the victims). They don't care what part of the country you are from, once you are not one of them you become a victim.

I know this because I've ACTUALLY lived in the north and I've WITNESSED many of these crisis.

Okay, but way back when they were attacking churches, how can it be said to have not been religious, or the "them" were those inside the church?

I think indiscriminate killing came later/now.
Re: Continue Pursuing Your Legitimate Business, Kwankwaso by aurenflani: 5:23pm On Jun 30, 2014
hardbody:

You know nothing and shall never know. They have already infiltrated your silly SW and will start detonating bombs and killing your market women in Balogun. We are not allowing that BS happen in the core east. We are at alert. Whatever Kwakwanso or whoever it is wishes to say, the person should feel free to. Recall the attempted bombing of a church in Owerri? We are on top of this game having fought a war before. You guys aint because you remain cowardly now as you were then. Ope Oshi.
But it was an Igbo woman who left that bomb in Apapa.
Re: Continue Pursuing Your Legitimate Business, Kwankwaso by Ubenedictus(m): 8:40pm On Jun 30, 2014
londoner:

Usually security agents don't arrest with clear cut evidence, they arrest or detain on suspicion. When the arrest can not then be substantiated with fact/evidence, they let the "suspects" go.

If that is not the case, nobody would ever be released, right?

I think the fact that a bomb was discovered is a reason to be extra vigilant, don't you?I disagree with their treatment and the fact that some did not receive all their belongings back.

sorry but this is untrue! You can't go to a judge and tell him you suspect so and so person without any evidence and get an arrest warrant.
No! It doesn't work that way! There must be more than suspicion, there must be circumstantial evidence atleast before an arrest can be made!

Again i think speculative, unsubstatiated, ethnic arrest, arrest signs of vigilance, those are signs of cluelessness, ineffeciency and tribal bigotry.
Re: Continue Pursuing Your Legitimate Business, Kwankwaso by sakaguchi(m): 9:44pm On Jun 30, 2014
ednut1: na u sabi o, wen fashola deported dose guys, see as they were making noise, dese arrested guys were probably hustler going to hustle in abia or ph, dats y dey were released after all, and why is kwankwanso no politicizing it . undecided
And I seriously thought those who spoke in such light, jaundiced with tribal bigotry must be secondary school students or have brains of secondary school students. The whole world may go haywire, some of us should be a model of example in that...that is where I expect to see you at bro! cheesy make u allow them hate and talk thrash, they are immature, be the bigger guy.
Re: Continue Pursuing Your Legitimate Business, Kwankwaso by criuze(m): 10:04pm On Jun 30, 2014
chaberry: What about the remaining captives?
killed or casterated
Re: Continue Pursuing Your Legitimate Business, Kwankwaso by criuze(m): 10:07pm On Jun 30, 2014
chaberry: What about the remaining captives?
k.illed or c.asterated
Re: Continue Pursuing Your Legitimate Business, Kwankwaso by Googleus(m): 12:55pm On Jul 01, 2014
we were once nigeria.....,
Re: Continue Pursuing Your Legitimate Business, Kwankwaso by londoner: 4:40pm On Jul 01, 2014
Ubenedictus:

sorry but this is untrue! You can't go to a judge and tell him you suspect so and so person without any evidence and get an arrest warrant.
No! It doesn't work that way! There must be more than suspicion, there must be circumstantial evidence atleast before an arrest can be made!

Again i think speculative, unsubstatiated, ethnic arrest, arrest signs of vigilance, those are signs of cluelessness, ineffeciency and tribal bigotry.

Since when do policemen need a warrant from a judge to arrest? That is in some circumstances, especially when you need a search warrant for entering a property or vehicle to search. Even then. it is founded upon a level of suspicion. The warrant is sought in the belief that the search will uncover evidence.

Or are you saying that all policemen in Nigeria obtain a warrant before an arrest? That is untrue and you know it.
Re: Continue Pursuing Your Legitimate Business, Kwankwaso by Ubenedictus(m): 5:57pm On Jul 01, 2014
londoner:

Since when do policemen need a warrant from a judge to arrest? That is in some circumstances, especially when you need a search warrant for entering a property or vehicle to search. Even then. it is founded upon a level of suspicion. The warrant is sought in the belief that the search will uncover evidence.

Or are you saying that all policemen in Nigeria obtain a warrant before an arrest? That is untrue and you know it.
in nigeria i think the constitution is bypassed but the constitution actually say you need a warrant in most case.

Anyhow you look at the situation, it smells of ethnic profiling
Re: Continue Pursuing Your Legitimate Business, Kwankwaso by TellBlazer(m): 8:33pm On Jul 01, 2014
arewarepublic: Some people are trying hard to provoke the north. Haba Kwankwaso, northerners were humiliated and tagged boko haram,all you could do is tell them to accept it as destiined upon them? The ibos in the north should all be arrested and tagged MASSOB untill an investigation proves otherwise.

And to the northerners who cant keep their arsses in the north but rather go to that cursed land of the falling sun, it serves you right.

who wil stay in land were thousands are being killed everyday is too obvious the north and its people are cursed,Islam has placed a terrible curse on you.Stay there and bomb yourselves,don't migrate ALLAH wil give 77 virgins to disvirgin.
Re: Continue Pursuing Your Legitimate Business, Kwankwaso by TellBlazer(m): 8:49pm On Jul 01, 2014
arewarepublic:

Yaro, what are you saying? Let's stop deceiving ourselves. We need to redefine our our coexistance as a country. Enough of this insult on northerners.
But the northerners are the cause,have you seen them insulting the sw? Why are you people killing innocent pple with abandon reckellness?why are you so blood hungary?has it ever cross your mind that some of those you kill are future football stars,doctors,engineers,future music star and so on.That is the reason other tribes don't want you in their mist.
Re: Continue Pursuing Your Legitimate Business, Kwankwaso by MeAboki(m): 11:55pm On Jul 01, 2014
Some bastards here are rejoicing because innocent northerners were arrested and tortured in the East under the pretext of security; well since this is apparently quite ok; then I pray what goes around should also come around and that soon bus loads of nyamiris a.k.a black Jews travelling to the north should soon be arrested and equally tortured while screening for potential armed robbers, kidnappers, ritualists and drug pushers - pls if you are not a bigot, join me in prayer and say Amen!
Re: Continue Pursuing Your Legitimate Business, Kwankwaso by Ubenedictus(m): 12:32am On Jul 03, 2014
Me_Aboki: Some bastards here are rejoicing because innocent northerners were arrested and tortured in the East under the pretext of security; well since this is apparently quite ok; then I pray what goes around should also come around and that soon bus loads of nyamiris a.k.a black Jews travelling to the north should soon be arrested and equally tortured while screening for potential armed robbers, kidnappers, ritualists and drug pushers - pls if you are not a bigot, join me in prayer and say Amen!

these guys who are defending this stupidity actually want people to believe it is right to racially profile and arrest people,

karma is a biatch
Re: Continue Pursuing Your Legitimate Business, Kwankwaso by Nobody: 1:16am On Jul 03, 2014
Sijo01: Unity we stand.......
which kind mumu unity? a civil war is brewing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Thanks Ambode For Repairing Bad Spot Causing Traffic In Addo Road(pics / Update On The Boko Haram Attack On Maiduguri / See How Election Was Rigged In Akwa Ibom State By PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.