Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (114) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (820291 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jun 15, 2016
I have reasons for asking because a friend went for an interview with 3 kids and d lady interviewing refused her based on how will she manage 3 kids alone in a new country for a 10 says holiday.[
quote author=abujaniv post=46447475]Hello abfas,

We encourage travel to the U.S., so taking your children for a 10 day trip over the summer sounds great. Unfortunately, we do not give odds as each case is different and unique.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

[/quote]
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by dortex4real(m): 11:18am On Jun 16, 2016
hello VO, the space for additional information and work information where clan/tribe is been asked. there is a place they asked if someone has served in the military. The person filling the form is a military officer and still serving but since the question is asked in past tense can he fill yes or NO?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by toksys: 1:09pm On Jun 16, 2016
Thank visa officer you are doing a nice job here, read through the thread so that i will not be asking the same question. My question is this
1. My wife and I our planning to go on vacation to the US by October we have been married for 6 years now(no children yet we are still trying) we both live and work in Nigeria.she has a dual citizenship she British by (birth) and Nigerian by(ancenstory),so she has both British and Nigerian passport, both passport carries her maiden. The British passport was issued last 2 years in her maiden name because it was stolen before we got married and the lawyer advice her to use her maiden name to get a new one which she did and she has since travel with it and back to Nigeria since then. Now that we plan on going together on vacation to the US on a tourist visa won't there a problem with the name since the name on her passport both Nigeria and British carries her maiden name and not her marital name i.e. my family name

2. I know as a British citizen she can apply for ESTA online. So what do you advice that she apply for ESTA online or we both apply for a tourist visa together at the embassy since we are going together

Your response will be highly appreciated
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:01pm On Jun 16, 2016
Hello Toksys,

1. She should have a passport in the name that she uses exclusively for all purposes. Married couples are not required to have the same surname.
2. It will be easier, cheaper and quicker for her to utilize the ESTA program. Learn more here: https://www.cbp.gov/travel/international-visitors/esta

Regards,

Abuja NIV

toksys:
Thank visa officer you are doing a nice job here, read through the thread so that i will not be asking the same question. My question is this
1. My wife and I our planning to go on vacation to the US by October we have been married for 6 years now(no children yet we are still trying) we both live and work in Nigeria.she has a dual citizenship she British by (birth) and Nigerian by(ancenstory),so she has both British and Nigerian passport, both passport carries her maiden. The British passport was issued last 2 years in her maiden name because it was stolen before we got married and the lawyer advice her to use her maiden name to get a new one which she did and she has since travel with it and back to Nigeria since then. Now that we plan on going together on vacation to the US on a tourist visa won't there a problem with the name since the name on her passport both Nigeria and British carries her maiden name and not her marital name i.e. my family name

2. I know as a British citizen she can apply for ESTA online. So what do you advice that she apply for ESTA online or we both apply for a tourist visa together at the embassy since we are going together

[url]Hello Toksys,

1. She should have a passport in the name that she uses exclusively for all purposes. Married couples are not required to have the same surname.
2. It will be easier, cheaper and quicker for her to utilize the ESTA program. Learn more here: https://www.cbp.gov/travel/international-visitors/esta

toksys:

[/url]Hello Toksys,

toksys:

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by justwise(m): 2:29pm On Jun 16, 2016
abujaniv:
Hello Toksys,

Regards,

Abuja NIV

[url]Hello Toksys,

[/url]Hello Toksys,

Sorry you got banned by antispambot because of this post^ unbanned now.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Bosunyomi: 3:21pm On Jun 16, 2016
Good day vo, I went for it interview at Lagos with my wife and 2kids but we made an irreparable mistake when filling the DS160 form online. My pay is 384k per month but mistakenly input 84k and my wife's own is 140k but input 40k. We decide to mention what we input on the DS160 form which is the mistake figure. Though with the right statement of account. The Consular officer didn't even bother to listen to any explanation. She handed us 214b form. Now what can we do next, I have my leave approval already for the travelling date. Can we reapply within a week.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by toksys: 3:37pm On Jun 16, 2016
justwise:

hello moderator you said i have be banned did not post a spam i only re-post what i posted earlier once, before i got a response from the visa officer. please am sorry i did not do that deliberately. how can i un-ban my self since i did not get any mail in my mailbox

Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by justwise(m): 3:55pm On Jun 16, 2016
toksys:

hello moderator you said i have be banned did not post a spam i only re-post what i posted earlier once, before i got a response from the visa officer. please am sorry i did not do that deliberately. how can i un-ban my self since i did not get any mail in my mailbox

Thank you

That post was for VO
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by nefertitiram: 6:03pm On Jun 16, 2016
abujaniv:
It’s YOUR turn to conduct the visa interview. Come ask us all your visa related questions at our next Facebook Live event. We want you to drive the discussion. Tune in on U.S. Mission Nigeria’s Facebook page Friday, June 17th at 12 noon. #AsktheVO

I just love you guys!!!

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by TenPassfour(m): 9:23pm On Jun 16, 2016
Hello VO,
Am yet to get an answer for my question, waiting to read from you.
Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by MarieEyre: 11:15pm On Jun 16, 2016
Hello VO,

I mistakenly put in my mum's middle name as last name while scheduling her interview. My dad is the primary applicant and she is travelling with him. Her names on her Ds160 and passport are in sync. The mistake was made only while scheduling and Im unable to change it in the appointment page. Is this a major problem and if it is is the embassy able to address or change it if I call or mail them?
Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:32am On Jun 17, 2016
Hello justwise,

Not too sure how that happened. There must have been some sort of technical problem. Glad that we are back!

Regards,

Abuja NIV
justwise:

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:34am On Jun 17, 2016
Hello Bosunyomi,

Remember that the DS-160 is a sworn statement. Always double check the form the ensure that it was completed correctly.

You are more than welcome to reapply at any time.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

Bosunyomi:
Good day vo, I went for it interview at Lagos with my wife and 2kids but we made an irreparable mistake when filling the DS160 form online. My pay is 384k per month but mistakenly input 84k and my wife's own is 140k but input 40k. We decide to mention what we input on the DS160 form which is the mistake figure. Though with the right statement of account. The Consular officer didn't even bother to listen to any explanation. She handed us 214b form. Now what can we do next, I have my leave approval already for the travelling date. Can we reapply within a week.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by MarieEyre: 8:21am On Jun 17, 2016
Hello VO,

I mistakenly put in my mum's middle name as last name while scheduling her interview. My dad is the primary applicant and she is travelling with him. Her names on her Ds160 and passport are in sync. The mistake was made only while scheduling and Im unable to change it in the appointment page. Is this a major problem and if it is, is the embassy able to address or change it if I call or mail them?
Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by justwise(m): 8:36am On Jun 17, 2016
abujaniv:
Hello justwise,

Not too sure how that happened. There must have been some sort of technical problem. Glad that we are back!

Regards,

Abuja NIV

The ant-spambot sometimes do pick on post that contains link and ban the handle for 24hrs. So its not a fault from your end.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by mzjennypher(f): 9:49am On Jun 17, 2016
Hello vo pls i need clarity on an issue, on my ds-160 i ticked does not know for my parents date of birth because i only know the date and month and not sure of the year. Please wld that affect my application?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by kcluv2men(m): 9:51pm On Jun 17, 2016
amalektch:

lol the immigration folks are quite hilarious.
i concurr
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Ifynoble100(m): 5:55pm On Jun 18, 2016
I applied for visitor visa last two months and I was deny the visa. Now am intending applying for student visa ' cos am processing my admission, how possible it may be. please anyone that have the idea can response to me . Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by kossyprincess(f): 7:21pm On Jun 18, 2016
i have been going tru this post since i joined Nl and im very much impressed. my questions goes like this I applied for B1B2 visa feb was interviewd at Abuja on 3rd march 2016. i was denied because i wrongly input 30k as my income instead of 300k. also the lady asked me if im going for a visit and i said No. infact i know thats d reason for her denying me a visa and my income, i have a cousin thats stays in US he is a citizen. and i used his address as a place where i will stay in US . now im planning to apply for the second time but i input the same info i used in my previous form. is only tbe address and my monthly income i changed. cos im self employed and im handling two business of my own. pls dont be crossed with me VO, b1b2 is it a visting visa ?cos the lady question confused me cos i know is only when u get invitation from a US citizen thats when you wil talk about visiting .pls enliightened me about tbis im kind of confuse. God bless
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by jayoy: 10:46pm On Jun 18, 2016
Thanks VO for your wonderful job here. Please I was turned back from the US embassy Lagos, because my DS160 barcode didn't tally with my appointment confirmation. Now I want to reschedule and fill a new DS160. My question is; can I change information in my new DS160 form, or should I write exactly what I submitted in the other DS 160. I'm afraid of comparison. Thanks 2 u!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by sintosgold(m): 1:25am On Jun 19, 2016
Hello vo, I want to go to the u.s with my wife for a 2 weeks vacation . As I am a resident of uae . I work as a security actually . My question is what is the visa type that I need to apply with and what are my chances of being granted a visa as a security guard here in dubai. Though my wife work as a marketer in one of the nigerian banks.
Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Cupcake031(f): 7:04am On Jun 19, 2016
Hello VO! I hope you can help me with my case.
I applied for a tourist visa in the US last dec 2013 bec i am taking an exam by january. The immigrant officer who interviewed me when i got there was very nice. He mistakenly double stamp my passport so as a result it's unreadable. He use a pen to correct his mistake. At that time i didn't know about the double stamp thing bec i didnt look at my passport when he hand it to me. Unfortunately i failed my exam so i checked my passport and i saw that he put a 1 year of stay. At that time i didnt know that the maximum stay is 6 mos because it was my first time to travel out of the country. The only thing i am sure about was the length of stay depends on what the officer will stamp on your passport. Believing i was given a year, i stayed and waited for the next exam schedule since i have a relatives in the US. I took the second exam but unfortunately i failed again so i decided to come back home. If you based it on 6 mos rule, i overstayed 2 mos. After a year of studying, i applied for another tourist visa for the same reason (taking my exam) last august 2015. This time i was confident to tell them that i was given a year. The officer took my passport and made me wait for a long time. When she came back she was mad and angry. She didnt believe with my explanation and demanded the name of the officer. How would i know its been almost two years. So she denied my application and told me that i will never get a visa again. I was very shocked and discouraged. The lawyer of the agency i applied for work checked what the officer wrote on her computer (i dont know and understand how can they do that or see what the console wrote, is that even possible?) & the lawyer said that i can apply for a diff type of visa. Does that mean i am band to get a tourist visa? Anyways fast forward, bec of the denial i was too discouraged. I worked for 3 mos then decided to stopped bec of the work schedule. My fiancee, who is a US citizen (we met in the US during my stay) filed me a K-1 visa last november 2015. Unfortunately it was denied bec we missed to send a form. The local immigration advised him to re apply. So right now we're preparing all the needed docs making sure we dont miss anything this time. My question mr VO is that would my previous denials especially about the stamped passport be an issue of not getting a K-1 visa? Because the console strongly believes at that time that i falsified my passport. I hope you can help me regarding this matter. I badly need your advice. Thank you very much!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by jayoy: 10:01am On Jun 19, 2016
Thanks VO for your wonderful job here. Please I was turned back from the US embassy Lagos, because my DS160 barcode didn't tally with my appointment confirmation. Now I want to reschedule and fill a new DS160. My question is; can I change information in my new DS160 form with the hope that the former has become invalid, or should I write exactly what I submitted in the other DS 160. My agent made a terrible mistake in my former DS160 info. And I'm afraid of d comparison. Thanks 2 u!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by captain247: 12:46pm On Jun 19, 2016
Thanks VO for your wonderful job on this thread. I travelled to Houston in April last year to join a ship in Freeport as a Seafarer with a Type "D" visa and wanted travelling again around Nov last year aswell but this time my company which is an American company was told that my visa has limitation that I cannot enter the U.S. So I really was wondering if there is a new development regarding the visa for a crew.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by kokobongo: 1:26pm On Jun 19, 2016
Hi House,

I'm a Little confused on the visa category I should apply for. B1 or B1/B2. I'm traveling to NY for a business meeting. That's the purpose of my travel. However, I'll also use that opportunity to visit my fiancé in Houston. Our introduction is next month and we are starting to put doc together for a K1 visa. So I'm confused what category. I've once been denied in 2014. So this will be my 2nd time applying. Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by victosin002(m): 1:06pm On Jun 20, 2016
Hi everyone, I am a little bit sceptical as regards my brothers b1b2 visa, we are all confused.
He got the visa last year and cos of work he's not been able to travel so about 9months later he booked ticket to US where he had a stop over in Spain and was later told that his visa has been calcelled; I v never heard of that. He was told to go back to embassy and reapply in Nigeria
I thought it's US port of entry that could determine that not where someone has stopover?
I want to please ask what would v made them cancel his visa without informing him.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:48pm On Jun 20, 2016
victosin002:
Hi everyone, I am a little bit sceptical as regards my brothers b1b2 visa, we are all confused.
He got the visa last year and cos of work he's not been able to travel so about 9months later he booked ticket to US where he had a stop over in Spain and was later told that his visa has been calcelled; I v never heard of that. He was told to go back to embassy and reapply in Nigeria
I thought it's US port of entry that could determine that not where someone has stopover?
I want to please ask what would v made them cancel his visa without informing him.

We cannot comment on the specifics of your Brother's case. However any nation is free to revoke any visa after it has been issued. Although it is rare, there are occasions where new facts or circumstances come to our attention and warrant the cancellation of a visa. Normally we attempt to contact the applicant to inform them of the decision prior to travel, but this is not always possible if the applicant has moved or we lack the proper contact information. As for being notified in Spain both the airlines and immigration officials may have the ability to check the validity of the visas and do so to prevent unauthorized travelers from boarding the plane. Again, however, we cannot comment on your Brother's particular case so we can only offer this general guidance. Your Brother is certainly free to reapply for a visa at any US Embassy or Consulate.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:04pm On Jun 20, 2016
kokobongo:
Hi House,

I'm a Little confused on the visa category I should apply for. B1 or B1/B2. I'm traveling to NY for a business meeting. That's the purpose of my travel. However, I'll also use that opportunity to visit my fiancé in Houston. Our introduction is next month and we are starting to put doc together for a K1 visa. So I'm confused what category. I've once been denied in 2014. So this will be my 2nd time applying. Thanks

It is not uncommon for travel to include both business and tourism, therefore you should feel free to apply for a B1/B2 visa. In fact the common assumption is that a visa holder may very well engage in both kinds of lawful travel so there is nothing wrong with prospectively requesting a B1/B2 visa. Just remeber if asked abpout your current or prior purposes of travel be honest and provide as much detail as you can.

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.