Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,729 members, 7,820,523 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (115) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (820441 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:03pm On Jun 20, 2016
captain247:
Thanks VO for your wonderful job on this thread. I travelled to Houston in April last year to join a ship in Freeport as a Seafarer with a Type "grin" visa and wanted travelling again around Nov last year aswell but this time my company which is an American company was told that my visa has limitation that I cannot enter the U.S. So I really was wondering if there is a new development regarding the visa for a crew.

We cannot comment on the specific facts of your case but the basic requirements and purposes of the D visa have not changed. A D visa is for foreign crewmebers serving onboard or transiting to a ship (in which case a C1/D visa is used) in a US port. The visa is intended to allow crewmen to operate in and around their ships while in a US port . In order to qualify for D status a crewman must intend to depart the United States within 29 days on either the ship they arrived on or another craft. D visas are not intended to facilitate personal travel for crewman. Many crewman, however, may qualify for a B1/B2 and often apply for one at the same time as they are applying for a C or D visa.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:09pm On Jun 20, 2016
sintosgold:
Hello vo, I want to go to the u.s with my wife for a 2 weeks vacation . As I am a resident of uae . I work as a security actually . My question is what is the visa type that I need to apply with and what are my chances of being granted a visa as a security guard here in dubai. Though my wife work as a marketer in one of the nigerian banks.
Thanks

We cannot comment on the specific facts of your case or your specific chances of obtaining a visa at this time. However, you should feel free to apply for a visa and simply doclose your residence and place of work on your application. Residing or working in Dubai is not a bar to applying for a visa. That information is simply one of the factors involved in the process of determining your eligability for your visa and we cannot know what effect, if any, it will have on the ultimate decision.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:13pm On Jun 20, 2016
jayoy:
Thanks VO for your wonderful job here. Please I was turned back from the US embassy Lagos, because my DS160 barcode didn't tally with my appointment confirmation. Now I want to reschedule and fill a new DS160. My question is; can I change information in my new DS160 form with the hope that the former has become invalid, or should I write exactly what I submitted in the other DS 160. My agent made a terrible mistake in my former DS160 info. And I'm afraid of d comparison. Thanks 2 u!

This is why we do not encourage people to use agents to fill out their forms. These mistakes often lead to problems at the adjudication window. First if there is a mistake in your DS-160 please disclose this fact as soon as possible during your interview. If asked wheter or not you used an agent or anyone elase assisted you completing your form you need to be completely honest with the consular officer. Good luck

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:22pm On Jun 20, 2016
kossyprincess:
i have been going tru this post since i joined Nl and im very much impressed. my questions goes like this I applied for B1B2 visa feb was interviewd at Abuja on 3rd march 2016. i was denied because i wrongly input 30k as my income instead of 300k. also the lady asked me if im going for a visit and i said No. infact i know thats d reason for her denying me a visa and my income, i have a cousin thats stays in US he is a citizen. and i used his address as a place where i will stay in US . now im planning to apply for the second time but i input the same info i used in my previous form. is only tbe address and my monthly income i changed. cos im self employed and im handling two business of my own. pls dont be crossed with me VO, b1b2 is it a visting visa ?cos the lady question confused me cos i know is only when u get invitation from a US citizen thats when you wil talk about visiting .pls enliightened me about tbis im kind of confuse. God bless

First, you do not need an invitation to travel to the United States. In fact not only do you not need an invitation, but if you bring the invitation to the US Embassy or consulate, we will not, in all probability, look at it. Second, we understand that mistakes are made on your application and that your personal informatuion will change over time leading to additional changes in future applications. While we cannot comment on your specific case our advice to all concerned is to simply be honest when you fill out your application, and be prepared to answer any questions concerning the change when you are at your next interview. If you made a mistake, be honest and admit you made a mistake.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:27pm On Jun 20, 2016
Ifynoble100:
I applied for visitor visa last two months and I was deny the visa. Now am intending applying for student visa ' cos am processing my admission, how possible it may be. please anyone that have the idea can response to me . Thanks

We cannot comment on the specifics of your application. However you may certainly apply for a student visa even if you have previously been denied a b1/b2 visa. Your application will be evaluated to determine if you qualify for a student visa by meeting the requirements as established by U.S. Law.

Best of Luck

Abuja NIV
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:35pm On Jun 20, 2016
mzjennypher:
Hello vo pls i need clarity on an issue, on my ds-160 i ticked does not know for my parents date of birth because i only know the date and month and not sure of the year. Please wld that affect my application?

We can't comment on the specifics of your application. You may, however, submit your application with the information you have. Be prepared to answer any questions during your interview about this issue.

Good Luck,
Abuja, NIV
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by toksys: 6:46pm On Jun 20, 2016
Thank you VO i appreciate your earlier response to my question i also posted a second question which you did not answer i beleive it an ovversight. my questions
1 since my wife can apply for ESTA which is easier faster being a british citizen, how then do i apply since we plan on going on tour together.will i apply and appear alone at the embassy or we still have to appear together at the embassy.
2.If given the ESTA online that is my wife, will she appear at the embassy with me.if yes will i be paying for both of us or i will be paying for my own visa fee only

your prompt response will be appreciated
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Arnold4all: 9:39pm On Jun 20, 2016
Please VO i need help, my husband is in USA and in military, he has applied I-130 for me, I went for inteerview and was not given a VISA rather I was told it will go into administrative processing, so since that last year September it has been undergoing administrative processing. And now I've applied for school to study nursing, my fear now is if I go for interview and was asked about my tie to Nigeria, obviously my husband is in US and its been noted I want to join my husband, starting school is one of the early thing my husband and I want and instead of waiting for administrative processing which we knows not when it will be ready, we decide we go by student and I start my school immediately, so how do I overcome this and is that going to be a problem, will I be given a VISA, knowing well my sponsor is my husband and the only thought of me coming back is if I finish my school and my I-130 is not yet ready then I will go back, please advice me on what to do on this issue. Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 8:25am On Jun 21, 2016
GOOD MORNING HOUSE... PLS CAN ANYONE HELP ME ON HOW TO GET A CLOSER DATE FOR ABUJA... ALL I GOT WAS 8TH AUGUST... I NEED A CLOSER DATE PLS .. THANKS..
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:12am On Jun 22, 2016
Arnold4all:
Please VO i need help, my husband is in USA and in military, he has applied I-130 for me, I went for inteerview and was not given a VISA rather I was told it will go into administrative processing, so since that last year September it has been undergoing administrative processing. And now I've applied for school to study nursing, my fear now is if I go for interview and was asked about my tie to Nigeria, obviously my husband is in US and its been noted I want to join my husband, starting school is one of the early thing my husband and I want and instead of waiting for administrative processing which we knows not when it will be ready, we decide we go by student and I start my school immediately, so how do I overcome this and is that going to be a problem, will I be given a VISA, knowing well my sponsor is my husband and the only thought of me coming back is if I finish my school and my I-130 is not yet ready then I will go back, please advice me on what to do on this issue. Thanks

We cannot comment on your specific case. Occasionally visa applications do require additional processing for a variety of reasons and depending on the circumstances of each individual case the time needed to complete the additional process can range from a matter of days to a matter of months. As to your question, you are free to apply for a student visa and the fact that you have another pending application is only one of many factors that will be considered in adjudicating your case. Your application for a student visa will be considered based on your ability to satisfy the requirements for a student. That said if the same conditions that led to the additional processing are present with your student visa application there is a chance your student visa application may also require additional processing.

Good Luck,

ABUJA NIV
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:13am On Jun 22, 2016
toksys:
Thank you VO i appreciate your earlier response to my question i also posted a second question which you did not answer i beleive it an ovversight. my questions
1 since my wife can apply for ESTA which is easier faster being a british citizen, how then do i apply since we plan on going on tour together.will i apply and appear alone at the embassy or we still have to appear together at the embassy.
2.If given the ESTA online that is my wife, will she appear at the embassy with me.if yes will i be paying for both of us or i will be paying for my own visa fee only

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:20am On Jun 22, 2016
toksys:

If your wife is a British Citizen she may certainly utilize ESTA which is a very convenient option. You on the other hand, as a Nigerian Citizen, will need to apply to through the normal process and schedule an appointment for an interview at the US Embassy in Abuja or the US Consulate in Lagos. Your wife does not need to appear with you at your interview unless she is applying for a visa herself, in which case you are welcome to schedule a tandem interview.

Good Luck

Abuja NIV
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:28am On Jun 22, 2016
davton69:
GOOD MORNING HOUSE... PLS CAN ANYONE HELP ME ON HOW TO GET A CLOSER DATE FOR ABUJA... ALL I GOT WAS 8TH AUGUST... I NEED A CLOSER DATE PLS .. THANKS..

Although we take steps to minimize wait times and accommodate as many visa applicants as possible, the reality is that every summer sees a dramatic increase in the number of student and tourist visa applications. Unfortunately, there are physical limits to the number of applicants we can accommodate in our offices each day and we are presently at maximum capacity. Therefore, were urge applicants to apply as early as possible in order to ensure they have enough time to obtain a visa prior to their date of travel.

Regards,

ABUJA NIV
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by mzjennypher(f): 11:51am On Jun 22, 2016
Dear Vo, weldone pls i have an issue, my interview is next month but i have filled the ds form 3 times and corrected the barcode on the interview confirmation. i noticed i made a mistake on the two forms i filled before filling the current one. please i would like to know if it wont pose an issue for me. i hope to read from u soon. thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by dortex4real(m): 10:30pm On Jun 22, 2016
Hello VO, pls I need urgent attention. My intended date of arrival I filled in ds 160 is August 5. I went to book for appointment today what I saw was August 10 and above, i chose August 10. I have decided to change my leave date in the office to August 25 as against the intending August 5 I filled in the form. hope this eont pose any threat. thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by msoloye: 11:47pm On Jun 22, 2016
Hello house! My husband is a LPR and he just left for the US some months ago to live there permanently. He hasn't started filing for me but he'll start any moment from now. I am pregnant and I want to know if I can apply for a B1\B2 visa to deliver and return to Nigeria while we wait for the petition to come through. Apart from the fact that my husband will want to witness the birth of our child, I also need some expert care due to some health conditions. My health and that of the baby are my priorities. My husband's presence and the citizenship of our baby will be added advantage. I'll be glad to read your responses. Thanks and God bless.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Legit7079: 2:54am On Jun 23, 2016
Please C O. my appointment was yesterday and the consular gave me letter to go and drop my passport and Sevis at the dhl. Please I don't really understand what that , thinking it was renewal policy to drop passport at dhl not first timer. Please good reason explanation will be highly appreciated. Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:24am On Jun 23, 2016
dortex4real:
Hello VO, pls I need urgent attention. My intended date of arrival I filled in ds 160 is August 5. I went to book for appointment today what I saw was August 10 and above, i chose August 10. I have decided to change my leave date in the office to August 25 as against the intending August 5 I filled in the form. hope this eont pose any threat. thanks

In most cases a B1/B2 visa is valid for travel at any time during its two year validity period provided that no single visit can last longer than 180 days. While Visa officers routinely ask about your purpose of travel that is simply to determine things such as your eligibility for the visa or to verify you are applying for the right kind of visa. In your case if the question arises simply be prepared to explain why the date of your leave is now different from what you listed in your application.

Regards,

ABUJA NIV
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:32am On Jun 23, 2016
msoloye:
Hello house! My husband is a LPR and he just left for the US some months ago to live there permanently. He hasn't started filing for me but he'll start any moment from now. I am pregnant and I want to know if I can apply for a B1\B2 visa to deliver and return to Nigeria while we wait for the petition to come through. Apart from the fact that my husband will want to witness the birth of our child, I also need some expert care due to some health conditions. My health and that of the baby are my priorities. My husband's presence and the citizenship of our baby will be added advantage. I'll be glad to read your responses. Thanks and God bless.

You are certainly free to apply for a B1/B2 visa for the purpose of giving birth and you may do so regardless of whether your husband has filed a petition on your behalf to obtain LPR status. As we have said many times before giving birth in the United States is allowed however, being less than honest about your intentions can result in some very serious ramifications. In order to give birth the Visa Officer will need to determine that you qualify for a B1/B2 visa, that you have established a relationship with a US medical provider, that you have a condition that necessitates medical travel to United States and that you have the financial wherewithal to pay for the medical treatment at the time the medical services are provided. You should also be prepared to discuss your intent to become a long term resident and the status of your petition at the time of the interview.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 8:40am On Jun 23, 2016
Legit7079:
Please C O. my appointment was yesterday and the consular gave me letter to go and drop my passport and Sevis at the dhl. Please I don't really understand what that , thinking it was renewal policy to drop passport at dhl not first timer. Please good reason explanation will be highly appreciated. Thanks

We cannot comment on the specifics of your case and do not have enough information to determine why you received those instructions. However, we use DHL to provide delivery services for our office and in certain circumstances encourage people to drop off documents with DHL as a matter of convenience for the applicant and to eliminate the need to request an appointment or make a trip to the Embassy. Simply follow the instructions in the document and we should be able to continue processing your application.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 8:46am On Jun 23, 2016
mzjennypher:
Dear Vo, weldone pls i have an issue, my interview is next month but i have filled the ds form 3 times and corrected the barcode on the interview confirmation. i noticed i made a mistake on the two forms i filled before filling the current one. please i would like to know if it wont pose an issue for me. i hope to read from u soon. thank you.

We understand that mistakes can happen when you fill out your application. Usually this is not an issue provided you disclose that it is a mistake if and when the subject comes up. If you believe it will be a potential problem you are certainly free to point this out to the Visa Officer at the beginning of the interview.

Regards
ABUJA NIV
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Petaocky: 9:31am On Jun 23, 2016
Hello VO,I was interviewed in March but unfortunately I was denied in Lagos.Though I had no travelling experience and I did not apply with my family.I intend applying later this year with travelling experience and with my family.Though I will be staying with my uncle in the state who is sending a notarize letter as an invitation.
My question is from my status of applying with my family and travelling experience,has my status change?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by kcluv2men(m): 9:48am On Jun 23, 2016
Good morning to the vo and wonderful members of this thread. I have a quick one here, i know you do not give odds and don't look at documents but i would love you to give a general view concerning what i am going to ask. Young people, say like 25 years even with jobs here, family, social & cultural ties and with good intent of going for vacation and returning are still refused visas with the same excuses. Please shed light on why this is so. Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by msoloye: 10:30am On Jun 23, 2016
Thanks VO, I really appreciate. God bless you. I want to know if I need to bring medical reports from the hospital I use here in Nigeria. I also want to know if my mum who's a doctor and has a full knowledge of my medical history needs to apply with me as she intends travelling with me if issued the visa to render some assistance especially after my delivery.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:31pm On Jun 23, 2016
Petaocky:
Hello VO,I was interviewed in March but unfortunately I was denied in Lagos.Though I had no travelling experience and I did not apply with my family.I intend applying later this year with travelling experience and with my family.Though I will be staying with my uncle in the state who is sending a notarize letter as an invitation.
My question is from my status of applying with my family and travelling experience,has my status change?

We cannot comment on your particular case nor can we make any predictions as to your status. Each case is adjudicated on its own merits and a prior refusal does not preclude you from filing another application.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:38pm On Jun 23, 2016
kcluv2men:
Good morning to the vo and wonderful members of this thread. I have a quick one here, i know you do not give odds and don't look at documents but i would love you to give a general view concerning what i am going to ask. Young people, say like 25 years even with jobs here, family, social & cultural ties and with good intent of going for vacation and returning are still refused visas with the same excuses. Please shed light on why this is so. Thanks

We consider all cases independently and have a considerable amount of information available during the adjudication process enabling the consular officer to consider a wide range of factors in adjudicating each case. Each case is considered solely on its merits and applied to requirements needed to issue a visa under U.S. Immigration law.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:58pm On Jun 23, 2016
msoloye:
Thanks VO, I really appreciate. God bless you. I want to know if I need to bring medical reports from the hospital I use here in Nigeria. I also want to know if my mum who's a doctor and has a full knowledge of my medical history needs to apply with me as she intends travelling with me if issued the visa to render some assistance especially after my delivery.

You are free to bring any documentation you believe may support your application for a US visa and your mother is certainly free to accompany you, however she does not need to be present unless she is applying for a visa herself and has an appointment. I will caution you that except for a few limited exceptions we generally do not review documents so do not be surprised if the visa officer declines to review your documentation. If you are seeking a visa for medical treatment, we recommend that you bring documents showing you have established a relationship with a US medical provider including an estimated cost of treatment, documentation from your current medical provider explaining the need for medical treatment and be prepared to show you have the financial wherewithal to pay for your medical treatment at the time the service is provided.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by TenPassfour(m): 2:12pm On Jun 23, 2016
Dear VO,
Please my younger brother will be graduating next year Master degree,and me and my wife will like to witness his graduation ceremony,
in the intraderm we would like to know, does it need to send any invitation to us in that regards, thank you i know you dont give odds but just a guideline.
Cheers brother
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by msoloye: 2:36pm On Jun 23, 2016
Thank you so much for your time and priceless support. I can't thank you enough. I'll brief you on the outcome of my interview. Thanks again.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ujan: 1:41am On Jun 24, 2016
Dear VO,
I lost my passport with a valid USA visa in the USA of which I had to make use of emergency travel certificate to come back to Nigeria.I reported to the police in the USA of which I was given a police report after four days.Sir what are the process of getting the VISA back,someone told me I should first send an email to the USA embassy here in ABUJA,but I don't have the USA embassy email address.kindly furnish with with all the information needed to help me in the process of replacement of the visa.THANKS

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.