Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,819 members, 7,820,885 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (170) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (820510 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by 08lolo: 11:19am On Apr 11, 2017
My Sister in-law would travelling for vacation next month, she declared she doesn't have any relatives in US(which is true), but now, an elderly church member wants her to deliver some stuffs including herbs to her son in New York, (I've already read here and send her the screen shot of the consequences at the port of Entry) before heading to her destination with her connecting flight , but the problem now is that she has already booked her connecting flight for 2 days after she lands in New York (spending the 2 days with the man and his family) ...
will the date difference bring any problem at the POE
Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 11:40am On Apr 11, 2017
Hello Duakkie. You may apply again whenever you like, though if nothing has changed since the previous interview, the result is likely to be the same. As for obstetrics, there are plenty of countries that offer good medical care. One of the most common measures for such is infant mortality. There are some two dozen countries with lower rates of infant mortality than that found in the US.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_infant_mortality_rate

Duakkie:

Hello Vo ,
I registered under the united states commercial service and applied to attend a trade show in 2013, 2014 and both times I was denied visa .
My passport then was in my maiden name and I had visited south Africa on the PaSsport . Which eventually expired .
I had the passport renewed and had to change my name to my husband's name .
I just applied for a b2 visa as I'm pregnant (I already have a child, based on experience I had which caused my not conceiving and luckily for me I conceived hence my looking for good medical care as USA ranks topmost in obstetrician .
And my visa was denied , during my trade shows application I was self employed and presently I have an appointment with my state govt .

I was a bit nervous during the interview as I felt nauseous ,
Does these mean I don't still qualify as I intend to apply again as I know I have strong ties .
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 11:43am On Apr 11, 2017
Hello 08lolo. We would strongly caution against the transportation of agricultural items across the border, especially if they are packed by another individual.

08lolo:
My Sister in-law would travelling for vacation next month, she declared she doesn't have any relatives in US(which is true), but now, an elderly church member wants her to deliver some stuffs including herbs to her son in New York, (I've already read here and send her the screen shot of the consequences at the port of Entry) before heading to her destination with her connecting flight , but the problem now is that she has already booked her connecting flight for 2 days after she lands in New York (spending the 2 days with the man and his family) ...
will the date difference bring any problem at the POE
Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by 08lolo: 11:50am On Apr 11, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello 08lolo. We would strongly caution against the transportation of agricultural items across the border, especially if they are packed by another individual.

Thanks.
Will there be a problem at the POE if there is a difference between her landing in New York and her connecting flight to her destination
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:46pm On Apr 11, 2017
When actual travel deviates from the stated travel, it tends to invite more scrutiny. We can not advise you on what Customs and Border Patrol will do.

08lolo:

Thanks.
Will there be a problem at the POE if there is a difference between her landing in New York and her connecting flight to her destination
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by goodpopsy: 12:54pm On Apr 11, 2017
@AbujaNIV,@LagosNIV,
I was at your embassy in lagos today......with what i experienced with my family,I will like to say this whole process of US visa application is not transparent.The VO that attended asked all questions and we answered well to the best of our ability.i could see he had a problem of indecision for him to wait 2 to 2.5 mins not touching his keyboard.I felt it seems he has a bad day and he decided based on his emotions.My profile is such that i never had any reason ever since to go to the US until now to attend a family wedding ceremony.I work as QC engineer with a gas company group which i was transferred to UAE(abu dhabi) since 2015.I do alot of gas mixtures blending and analysis by gas chromatography(alot of technical details)....i also work with US marines alot in Abu dhabi cos my company supplies aviation oxygen of which i certify this product for aviation according to the military spec.....e.t.c and my wife a businesswoman based in lagos.....pls i think these VO should rather scrutinize each applicant and look at the totality not just taking decision based on their emotions if not the respect we have for the process will be lost in no time.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 6:06pm On Apr 11, 2017
Hello goodpopsy. Thank you for your feedback. Do you have a question?

goodpopsy:
@AbujaNIV,@LagosNIV,
I was at your embassy in lagos today......with what i experienced with my family,I will like to say this whole process of US visa application is not transparent.The VO that attended asked all questions and we answered well to the best of our ability.i could see he had a problem of indecision for him to wait 2 to 2.5 mins not touching his keyboard.I felt it seems he has a bad day and he decided based on his emotions.My profile is such that i never had any reason ever since to go to the US until now to attend a family wedding ceremony.I work as QC engineer with a gas company group which i was transferred to UAE(abu dhabi) since 2015.I do alot of gas mixtures blending and analysis by gas chromatography(alot of technical details)....i also work with US marines alot in Abu dhabi cos my company supplies aviation oxygen of which i certify this product for aviation according to the military spec.....e.t.c and my wife a businesswoman based in lagos.....pls i think these VO should rather scrutinize each applicant and look at the totality not just taking decision based on their emotions if not the respect we have for the process will be lost in no time.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by goodpopsy: 6:46pm On Apr 11, 2017
@LagosNIV,@AbujaNIV,
Thanks for your response,"NO QUESTION"......my feedback is just for you to discuss within your team...that each applicant should be judge fairly based on the principle and constitution that guides the US immigration...not on their(VO'S) swinging emotions as exhibited in Lagos today.My opinion will not change about Americans being good and listening people as seen even outside the Country.But the VO we met today was just out of it and he misrepresents what the US stands for...THANKS.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Tq101: 12:42am On Apr 12, 2017
Hi Visa officer, I had applied for an American visa on tourism basis which I was denied. Then I was working in the bank but now I have resigned from the bank job. Am I still going to use my former status as a banker when applying for another visa or I can use my present job status.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 6:45am On Apr 12, 2017
Hello Tq101. The only correct response about your profession is what you are doing currently. This brings up another issue: job title inflation. Unless you work directly in the allocation of depositor assets, you are not a "banker." If you load baggage onto airplanes, that does not make you an "aviator." I work in an embassy; that does not make me an "ambassador." We see through these exaggerations right away, and they immediately discredit the applicant.

Tq101:
Hi Visa officer, I had applied for an American visa on tourism basis which I was denied. Then I was working in the bank but now I have resigned from the bank job. Am I still going to use my former status as a banker when applying for another visa or I can use my present job status.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by DIIGZ(m): 8:18am On Apr 12, 2017
Good mOrning V O, I want tO visit the U S for medical,I have hearing impairment and I want to do cochlear implant, my aunty(dad step sister) will sponsor me,am a graduate not working because of my hearing problem,am d first child of my family,my dad is late and I have my mum and siblings here,dad has a house we leave in,dad Mother is still in the village,apart from that,no other strong ties, I have plan to return because,I like to start my own biz,plz what are my chances of getting a visa,all Document are in place,my consular book an appointment fOr this month. Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:43pm On Apr 12, 2017
Hello DIIGZ. The qualifications for visas for medical use are the same as for any tourist, with the added requirement that the applicant be able to fund their treatment in full. Medical care in the US can be very expensive, so you may want to consider treatment options in other countries. We don't discuss chances on this forum.

DIIGZ:
Good mOrning V O, I want tO visit the U S for medical,I have hearing impairment and I want to do cochlear implant, my aunty(dad step sister) will sponsor me,am a graduate not working because of my hearing problem,am d first child of my family,my dad is late and I have my mum and siblings here,dad has a house we leave in,dad Mother is still in the village,apart from that,no other strong ties, I have plan to return because,I like to start my own biz,plz what are my chances of getting a visa,all Document are in place,my consular book an appointment fOr this month. Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by shessyfavour: 2:13pm On Apr 12, 2017
Good Afternoon Abujaniv, i have a concern about my future application. I have applied for NIV three times between Feb 2012-Aug 2013 the first application was student and the last two were for conference.. My problem is that during last two applications i filled married but the truth is i was not legally married and the only reason i filled that was because i had a partner and were living together during that period so i felt like we were married circumstantially and i never thought we would never got married legally so i wanted to include her in the application and the only way was to filled married but now i am legally married to someone else since 2 years ago after my previous relationship didn't work out..

I am now concerned i have misrepresent myself which may affect my future applications so i decided i was going to ban myself for 5 years in order to restore some credibility. so by next year it ll be 5 years and would like to take my family on vacation and visit a family friend whom i couldn't apply to attend his wedding in the US last year because of the ban i gave myself .

So my question is do you think this ll still affect the decision of the VO if a question comes up about change in spouse name as regard to previous application because i am going to be telling the truth as i have explained here. I don't really care if i am denied or not as there many countries to visit for vacation but in the part of the world everybody dream or wish to visit US at least once in their life time and would really want to qualify one day. Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by DIIGZ(m): 2:59pm On Apr 12, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello DIIGZ. The qualifications for visas for medical use are the same as for any tourist, with the added requirement that the applicant be able to fund their treatment in full. Medical care in the US can be very expensive, so you may want to consider treatment options in other countries. We don't discuss chances on this forum.

My sister in the US will fund it,just scared of all this One need tO have some ties back home
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 4:15pm On Apr 12, 2017
Hello shessyfavour. There is the option to select CIVIL UNION/DOMESTIC PARTNERSHIP in the DS-160, which sounds like it would have been the more appropriate option in the case you describe. Being open and honest in the visa interview goes a long way.

shessyfavour:
Good Afternoon Abujaniv, i have a concern about my future application. I have applied for NIV three times between Feb 2012-Aug 2013 the first application was student and the last two were for conference.. My problem is that during last two applications i filled married but the truth is i was not legally married and the only reason i filled that was because i had a partner and were living together during that period so i felt like we were married circumstantially and i never thought we would never got married legally so i wanted to include her in the application and the only way was to filled married but now i am legally married to someone else since 2 years ago after my previous relationship didn't work out..

I am now concerned i have misrepresent myself which may affect my future applications so i decided i was going to ban myself for 5 years in order to restore some credibility. so by next year it ll be 5 years and would like to take my family on vacation and visit a family friend whom i couldn't apply to attend his wedding in the US last year because of the ban i gave myself .

So my question is do you think this ll still affect the decision of the VO if a question comes up about change in spouse name as regard to previous application because i am going to be telling the truth as i have explained here. I don't really care if i am denied or not as there many countries to visit for vacation but in the part of the world everybody dream or wish to visit US at least once in their life time and would really want to qualify one day. Thank you.

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by shessyfavour: 4:25pm On Apr 12, 2017
Thanks Abujaniv for your quick response...yes you are wright that would have been the best option to pick but mistake has been made alreayd and i accept full responsibility but would still be an issue for me in near future when i apply?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 11:27pm On Apr 12, 2017
Hello how soon can I reapply for B1 visa to visit my brother and my sister in-law and my little nieces, I was denied yesterday, and I sure must go to make that visit.. When can I reapply.?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:16am On Apr 13, 2017
Hello Tosinex. You may reapply whenever you like, however, if nothing has changed since the previous interview, the result is likely to be the same.

Tosinex:
Hello how soon can I reapply for B1 visa to visit my brother and my sister in-law and my little nieces, I was denied yesterday, and I sure must go to make that visit.. When can I reapply.?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 10:03am On Apr 13, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello Tosinex. You may reapply whenever you like, however, if nothing has changed since the previous interview, the result is likely to be the same.

Which means I can still go ahead and apply even today
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by PHOOMI(f): 11:13am On Apr 14, 2017
Hello VO,
So I booked an interview for my daughter and I already and I select B2, but going through some post now I am seeing it should have been B1/B2 instead as we will be going for vacation only. How do I sort this please.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ChristianGrey2: 3:22pm On Apr 14, 2017
Hello,
Please I would like to know if its true that the decision to approve or deny an application is made long before the interview.
Secondly, Does a tourist visa and a student visa have the same requirements?
Best
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 5:06pm On Apr 14, 2017
Hello PHOOMI. Don't worry about it. In all likelihood, the visa category will be adjusted to B1/B2 at the Embassy/Consulate. If you have any concerns, raise them at the interview.

PHOOMI:
Hello VO,
So I booked an interview for my daughter and I already and I select B2, but going through some post now I am seeing it should have been B1/B2 instead as we will be going for vacation only. How do I sort this please.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 5:11pm On Apr 14, 2017
Hello ChristianGrey2. It is not true. The interview is the most important part, though the visa officer will also examine the application and any prior applications. Both tourist and student visas are categorized as non-immigrant visas so therefore have the same base qualifications. For students, there are additional qualifications in that the applicant is accepted into an institution of higher learning (able to issue an I-20 form), is a bona fide student, and able to fund their education.

ChristianGrey2:
Hello,
Please I would like to know if its true that the decision to approve or deny an application is made long before the interview.
Secondly, Does a tourist visa and a student visa have the same requirements?
Best
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Wine52(m): 5:20pm On Apr 14, 2017
[quote author=abujaniv post=55568303]Hello ChristianGrey2. It is not true. The interview is the most important part, though the visa officer will also examine the application and any prior applications.
Happy Holiday,VO Appreciate your prompt response,kindly take no offense at my question...The NO Documents required for Interview is it for all (VO's) or just your opinion and I read post where applicants were looking for clear passport photos required,can you help spell out the key requirements for a Visit Visa interview,tnx
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Wine52(m): 5:21pm On Apr 14, 2017
[quote author=abujaniv post=55568303]Hello
Happy Holiday,VO Appreciate your prompt response,kindly take no offense at my question...The NO Documents required for Interview is it for all (VO's) or just your opinion and I read post where applicants were looking for clear passport photos required,can you help spell out the key requirements for a Visit Visa interview,tnx
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:22pm On Apr 14, 2017
Hello Wine52. The photograph is supposed to be uploaded along with the application, so if done properly, there is no need to bring along these pictures. It is true that no documents are required for tourist visas. This is a countrywide policy within Nigeria. Even if documents are presented, in all likelihood, they will not be examined. For student visas and those for medical uses, certain financial and medical documents may be requested.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Wine52(m): 7:25pm On Apr 14, 2017
[quote author=abujaniv post=55571446]Hello Wine52. The photograph is supposed to be uploaded along with the application, so if done properly, there is no need to bring along these pictures. It is true that no documents are required for tourist visas. This is a countrywide policy within Nigeria. Even if documents are presented, in all likelihood, they will not be examined. For student visas and those for medical uses, certain financial and medical documents may be requested.[/quo

Thanks again
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by busybee001: 11:55pm On Apr 14, 2017
Dear VO,
Just want to appreciate the good job you guys are doing in responding to questions and issues here. Great job guys!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by francdec4(m): 2:05am On Apr 15, 2017
Greetings VO,

I really wish to say thanks for your service in educating many people here. Please do one include any other documents like conference invitation letter or bank statement or professional certificates in the drop box for the renewal of a visitors visa.

Thanks alot and have a beautiful and an awesome public holiday
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 8:25am On Apr 15, 2017
The inclusion of such documents would be a red flag that the applicant cannot follow basic instructions or is perhaps trying to obfuscate something else about their profile. This would invite greater scrutiny.

francdec4:
Greetings VO,

I really wish to say thanks for your service in educating many people here. Please do one include any other documents like conference invitation letter or bank statement or professional certificates in the drop box for the renewal of a visitors visa.

Thanks alot and have a beautiful and an awesome public holiday
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Zarerej: 8:50am On Apr 15, 2017
Good morning.
I wish to take my 8year daughter to Disney world this summer, all efforts to reach her dad proved abortive as his numbers I know have been switched off since and he is not replying my emails or Facebook chats. I sent him messages through about the proposed trip and further asking for his consent letter, but no reply. I have been the one taking care of our daughter solely from birth till now, he saw her only a few times.
Will it pose any danger if I go ahead with the travel arrangement?
I have a well paying job with my monthly salary of over a million naira

Secondly sir/ma, I did a traditional marriage last year, so there is no marriage certificate since its tradition and we are leaving fine.
Will it pose any danger to fill the column of "married" since there is no certificate to priove that?

I am not travelling with my husband because he will be busy at that time, just my daughter and I.

Thanks you for the anticipated response.

(1) (2) (3) ... (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.