Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,961 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:56 PM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (172) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (818275 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by kino47: 3:15pm On Apr 19, 2017
Dear AbujaNIV does this mean it was approved, see msg.........Your visa is in final processing. If you have not received it in more than 10 working days, please see the webpage for contact information of the embassy or consulate where you submitted your application
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by inikamoze(m): 4:03pm On Apr 19, 2017
Hello,
I want to apply for a visit visa for me and my family. We intend to go have a vacation in the states in August, would it be out of place to apply for the visa now given that the planned vacation is still three months away?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 4:22pm On Apr 19, 2017
Wait 10 working days. Then ask.

kino47:
Dear AbujaNIV does this mean it was approved, see msg.........Your visa is in final processing. If you have not received it in more than 10 working days, please see the webpage for contact information of the embassy or consulate where you submitted your application
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 4:25pm On Apr 19, 2017
Hello inikamoze. We always advise people to apply well in advance of their planned travel. Three months ahead is ideal.

inikamoze:
Hello,
I want to apply for a visit visa for me and my family. We intend to go have a vacation in the states in August, would it be out of place to apply for the visa now given that the planned vacation is still three months away?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Ademidun1: 5:05pm On Apr 19, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello Ademidun1. Where you apply is your choice. We typically advise people to apply from their country of primary residence.

Thank you so much for this reply
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Biggy911(m): 5:22pm On Apr 19, 2017
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by inikamoze(m): 6:02pm On Apr 19, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello inikamoze. We always advise people to apply well in advance of their planned travel. Three months ahead is ideal.

Thanks for the prompt response.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by borryworld: 6:40pm On Apr 19, 2017
[quote author=borryworld post=55706373][/quote] I was able to get a response from the customer support. The required method is to create a profile for one of the kid and add the other(s) as dependant(s)/family/part of the group under item 6. By this,the all can schedule an appointment as a unit.
Note: They will be accompanied by either of the parent.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by borryworld: 6:42pm On Apr 19, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello borryworld. The interview appointment is made in the same way as for the parents. At least one parent will need to accompany the children.

I was able to get a response from the customer support. The required method is to create a profile for one of the kid and add the other(s) as dependant(s)/family/part of the group under item 6. By this,the all can schedule an appointment as a unit.
Note: They will be accompanied by either of the parent
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ifunayalov(f): 4:10pm On Apr 20, 2017
@abujaniv

kindly advise
a family of 4 want to renew our US visa
we have successfully completed and submitted our ds160 application form.

what are the next steps?
how do we make payment for dropbox?
i cant seem to find vital info on the website
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by EdwardSnowden14: 6:30pm On Apr 20, 2017
Hello Sir,
Please I have been offered a generous scholarship to study in the US. Please I would like to know if a scholarship is a factor in Determining if a student visa applicant is a credible student.
Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by DaBlaize(m): 7:39pm On Apr 20, 2017

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:29am On Apr 21, 2017
Hello DaBlaize. Please send this along with biographical details of the applicants to ConsularAbuja@state.gov so that we can address the matter.

DaBlaize:
Hello guys, please i really need your help right now. Am really sad o.. my sister, her child and her hubby applied for a visa to US but was denied. This is the transcript, kindly vet and analyze, thanks.

V.O-- where are you going?
Wife-- kansas
V.O-- where do you work?
Hubby-- nnpc
Wife-- fashion designing
V.O-- your visa is denied.

That was all o. If u need any additional info so as to help please kindly ask... Thanks as us help out o
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:37am On Apr 21, 2017
Hello ifunayalov. You must pay the fees and then you can make the appointment for the interview, or, if you are eligible, make arrangements to deliver your passport via DHL to the Embassy for Interview Waiver Program renewal. Step-by-step instructions are at www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/index/html and further questions on the procedure should be directed to support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com

ifunayalov:
@abujaniv

kindly advise
a family of 4 want to renew our US visa
we have successfully completed and submitted our ds160 application form.

what are the next steps?
how do we make payment for dropbox?
i cant seem to find vital info on the website

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:40am On Apr 21, 2017
Hello Deltachick01. We very rarely split up the B1/B2 categories anymore, so it doesn't matter much which one you choose. What matters is what you represent in your interviews and applications as regards to your purpose of travel.

Deltachick01:
Hello,

I plan to have my baby in the US in July, and my husband will be going for his interview next month. In his DS 160, I applied for a normal business tourist visa for him. B1/B2. He will just be visiting for a week when the baby is born and returning to work. However someone suggested to me to apply for a B2 medical visa as it was more transparent and appropriate. But my husband isn't having any medical procedures done. He will just be visiting me and the baby briefly. Please advice.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:42am On Apr 21, 2017
Hello. Prospective student applicants must demonstrate that they will be able to fund their education. Evidence of a scholarship helps to do that.

EdwardSnowden14:

Hello Sir,
Please I have been offered a generous scholarship to study in the US. Please I would like to know if a scholarship is a factor in Determining if a student visa applicant is a credible student.
Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by jossyking10: 10:43am On Apr 21, 2017
Good morning house. Please I want to ask a question here. Is it possible for the UK embassy to know if someone had been denied a US visa? Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 11:39am On Apr 21, 2017
We can only comment on US visa laws and procedures here.

jossyking10:
Good morning house. Please I want to ask a question here. Is it possible for the UK embassy to know if someone had been denied a US visa? Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ifunayalov(f): 1:41pm On Apr 21, 2017
thanks for the info

much grateful

abujaniv:
Hello ifunayalov. You must pay the fees and then you can make the appointment for the interview, or, if you are eligible, make arrangements to deliver your passport via DHL to the Embassy for Interview Waiver Program renewal. Step-by-step instructions are at www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/index/html and further questions on the procedure should be directed to support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by favor30: 2:13pm On Apr 21, 2017
Hi VO, great job u re doing here. God bless u. Please my question, am marry to a soldier whom as travel for peace keeping in Liberia and Mali and me I ve two retail business with CAC registeration, I ve staffs. Now he want to us to travel to US for my forthcoming birthday and reunion with the kids. I only travel to ghana once. Please what do I need to qualify and secondly my hubby passport is less than 6 month. Can we apply still.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ifunayalov(f): 4:23pm On Apr 21, 2017
the webpage you supplied is giving an error message. error 404: page not found

abujaniv:

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Cfo4all: 6:08pm On Apr 21, 2017
Hello VO.
Is the thread for IV applicants still active? The VO in charge is not replying to questions there. Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:23pm On Apr 21, 2017
Just shorten the URL to end at ".com" and see what happens. Or, try this thing called the "Google."

ifunayalov:

the webpage you supplied is giving an error message. error 404: page not found

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:27pm On Apr 21, 2017
Hello favor30. The qualifications are well delineated in this thread and also at our website. In short, you need to demonstrate sufficient ties to your home country that would compel a return after a short stay. To travel to the US, the applicant must have at least six months of validity on their passport from the time that they enter the country. Otherwise, they may be turned back.

favor30:
Hi VO, great job u re doing here. God bless u. Please my question, am marry to a soldier whom as travel for peace keeping in Liberia and Mali and me I ve two retail business with CAC registeration, I ve staffs. Now he want to us to travel to US for my forthcoming birthday and reunion with the kids. I only travel to ghana once. Please what do I need to qualify and secondly my hubby passport is less than 6 month. Can we apply still.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by keplerson: 6:21am On Apr 24, 2017
Hello Abujaniv,
Thank you for your presence here. I have a few questions relating to visiting the USA.
I have had two previous denials, and also a K1 visa denial(2015). Even though we were re-approved by the USCIS in 2016, we never followed up again to the visa stage. Lots of compatibility issues came up afterwards. My question is, has this denial hampered my chances of visiting the USA especially for a conference that would enhance my business here in Nigeria?
I am asking because everyone I speak to says it is very slim since I have a K1 visa denial, but I do not see why it is so because I followed my heart. I had other passions and interests here, and I have been very happy since. I only want to go for a conference that will help my e commerce business.
Do I also need to write the USCIS to see if the records concerning the k1 visa reaproval can be expunged? I dont know how to go about this, please your best advise will be appreciated. Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 11:43am On Apr 24, 2017
Hello keplerson. The denial of an immigrant visa (such as a K1) is not in itself an ineligibility for a non-immigrant visa. That said, you demonstrated relatively recently that you had immigrant intent. And if there was any misrepresentation in the IV process, that would damage one's credibility in applying for any other type of visa. There is no way to expunge these records.

keplerson:
Hello Abujaniv,
Thank you for your presence here. I have a few questions relating to visiting the USA.
I have had two previous denials, and also a K1 visa denial(2015). Even though we were re-approved by the USCIS in 2016, we never followed up again to the visa stage. Lots of compatibility issues came up afterwards. My question is, has this denial hampered my chances of visiting the USA especially for a conference that would enhance my business here in Nigeria?
I am asking because everyone I speak to says it is very slim since I have a K1 visa denial, but I do not see why it is so because I followed my heart. I had other passions and interests here, and I have been very happy since. I only want to go for a conference that will help my e commerce business.
Do I also need to write the USCIS to see if the records concerning the k1 visa reaproval can be expunged? I dont know how to go about this, please your best advise will be appreciated. Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 5:31pm On Apr 25, 2017
Hello,

A colleague and her hubby got the US visiting visa sometimes 2015 which expired this year.

she & her hubby had issues and the guy left the house and before family could resolve the issues he had relocated to the US with the same visiting visa.

they resumed communications January this year....but the relationship is yet to be the way it was.

now the problem is...my colleague wants to renew her visa. she has a fanstactic job in a Government parastatal and does not have any plan of relocating.

how does she go about the renewal without any issues.

thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 6:32pm On Apr 25, 2017
Hello kemiiii. To a degree, the credibility of one family member impacts the others, both positively and negatively. An example is when children qualify through their parents despite having no income or other ties. The couple you describe have a 50% compliance rate with our visa laws. If this were school, that would be a failing grade.

kemiiii:
Hello,

A colleague and her hubby got the US visiting visa sometimes 2015 which expired this year.

she & her hubby had issues and the guy left the house and before family could resolve the issues he had relocated to the US with the same visiting visa.

they resumed communications January this year....but the relationship is yet to be the way it was.

now the problem is...my colleague wants to renew her visa. she has a fanstactic job in a Government parastatal and does not have any plan of relocating.

how does she go about the renewal without any issues.

thank you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.